tool.jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
animalhouse.gif
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg
sh (resized).jpg
F5649177-EC41-4FBC-B8E1-B9CC8480FBED (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Need to see and play JP first. This question is like do you like Sterns next game coming out in 2021. What is it? We don’t know.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

What are the JJP issues ? I must‘ve missed that thread. I only seem to hear about node board failures on Sterns.

Stern has a bucket load as well. Don’t look into it to much. All companies have their issues to deal with.

#59 4 years ago

All the JP hype will calm down. It’s always like this with a new pin. It will fade just like BLack Night Sword of Rage.

Quoted from Cyrus:

If they do it right then JPark all day long!

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL Stern hype dies because they are always moving on to the next game JJP hype dies because of the small but crazed customer base

I like a smaller family. We are a tighter group.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Jurassic Park. I wish JJP luck but they have a history of quality issues at a huge price premium. Wouldn't mind having a Wonka because I like the theme but I am confident it will be a pain to keep running. Stern's are always plug and play.

Not sure if you know this but Stern has major quality issues.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I disagree. I've had only very minor issues which have always been resolved quickly. Had a woz I was afraid to route due to shitty light boards also had a dialed in that had a host of issues out of the box. I've also seen all the threads here on the major QC issues for POTC.
The guy was asking for a recommendation and Jurassic Park will be the most fun at the best value.
5700 vs 7900 shipped is a huge price difference.

Well you got lucky then. I know a few guys that wanted a full refund based on issues. One got the refund and the other waited 6 months to get resolved. I have had many Sterns so I’m not just blowing smoke here. I’m not saying Stern is the only company with issues. I’m saying no one can exclude them from being perfect. That’s funny as shit.

#141 4 years ago

I think we all need to play Wonka and JP in a home environment before we get the pitch forks out. Streaming does not mean shit. That includes Wonka so I’m not going for Sterns throat. Play them both, then decide.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just played Wonka for the first time out in the wild, was not impressed. My opinion may change with more play time but Wonka is currently not on my radar to buy.

In the wild. Exactly my point.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah Skyemont definitely doesn't want anyone taking over his #1 JJP Fanboy spot thats for sure. Panzer is cool with me, i just like giving him shit.

I guess same with you Sternboy.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not true, anybody that knows me knows that i have bashed Stern when they had playfield and cabinet problems. I am a big fan of their games because they are always exciting and fun to play but i will definitely bash them if they send out a shitty product. The difference between Stern and JJP though is if you get a chipping playfield, Stern will send you a new populated playfield to put back in your game and JJP will tell you to get f*cked. If Stern ever starts doing that i will no longer support them either.

#159 4 years ago

Here is the truth. As much as we all bash each other about Stern vs JJP, i know if we all lived close by we would hang out. Lol.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Wonka is better on location since you don’t have to listen to the audio and terrible callouts. I like playing it on location. I think you put it at a disadvantage by saying play in home environment where you’re forced to confront those shortcomings.

I dont think so. Code can change all call outs, etc. I like being able to hear clearly whats going on. Once i was able to hear JJP Pirates at a friends house, it was clear to me that this was a fantastic game with great call outs.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They aren’t going to record new callouts and replace the awful one in game now. He sounds like an old perv who is permanently kicked in the nuts.

Lol. I cant disagree with that. No game is perfect except POTC by JJP.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

It says something about pinside when 200+ people choose something they haven’t seen or played in person.

So true. Lol

1 month later
#246 4 years ago

I’m in on Wonka LE. But may buy JP Pro for route.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 91.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-or-willy-wonka-?tu=Skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.