tool.jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
animalhouse.gif
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg
sh (resized).jpg
F5649177-EC41-4FBC-B8E1-B9CC8480FBED (resized).png
There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess same with you Sternboy.

Not true, anybody that knows me knows that i have bashed Stern when they had playfield and cabinet problems. I am a big fan of their games because they are always exciting and fun to play but i will definitely bash them if they send out a shitty product. The difference between Stern and JJP though is if you get a chipping playfield, Stern will send you a new populated playfield to put back in your game and JJP will tell you to get f*cked. If Stern ever starts doing that i will no longer support them either.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not true, anybody that knows me knows that i have bashed Stern when they had playfield and cabinet problems. I am a big fan of their games because they are always exciting and fun to play but i will definitely bash them if they send out a shitty product. The difference between Stern and JJP though is if you get a chipping playfield, Stern will send you a new populated playfield to put back in your game and JJP will tell you to get f*cked. If Stern ever starts doing that i will no longer support them either.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

All they had to do was make it similar to Stern's Star Wars and it would've been fine.

I'll pass.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

As it is, why bother securing the name "Jurassic Park" if all they have to show for it is Newman?

Licenses move units.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Just make it a generic dino game at that point.

Works for me! TWD is basically a generic zombie game and it's one my all-time faves. I've watched the show from literally day one, but don't care to see clips of it over & over in a game.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This appears to be true....CGC has the same mentality when it comes to addressing play field and cabinet issues. I suspect both CGC and JJP can't take the financial hit (which isn't a good excuse)

#155 4 years ago

Jurassic Park....BY FAR.

#156 4 years ago

Big JJP fan, but after watching the stream last night, JP would get my vote.

#157 4 years ago

I never like pitting products directly against one another, as both always seem to have exclusive benefits the other doesn't.

What I enjoyed about JP last night, was the execution of theme/code feeling fun, and the shot layout looking equally enjoyable.

Conversely, I know from playing, Wonka can be really fun and smooth to shoot, but the modes aren't memorable or that joyful. That's the issue when licenses are strictly followed.

The modes in JP seem to exist in a way where I'd remember what they were, and how they affected score. But most modern games seem to fall flat in the fun factor, where it feels more like aimless shots that don't push gameplay/modeplay, further along.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess same with you Sternboy.

#159 4 years ago

Here is the truth. As much as we all bash each other about Stern vs JJP, i know if we all lived close by we would hang out. Lol.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's easy to deny. I'm way more interested in the game for not having boring ass movie clips, it's not a joke. What's a joke is people wanting their pinballs to be glorified laserdisc players like the old Dragon's Lair days. Get over it already. You want the movie, get the Blu-ray out.
Your opinion isn't a fact, you're just one more person with a keyboard.

JJPOTC which is one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen is another testament to this. While it was chastised for lack of movie clips, in the end it was one of its greatest strengths. That and the new JP2 demonstrate you simply don’t need the movie clips and in cases could actually detract from the pin.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think we all need to play Wonka and JP in a home environment before we get the pitch forks out. Streaming does not mean shit. That includes Wonka so I’m not going for Sterns throat. Play them both, then decide.

Wonka is better on location since you don’t have to listen to the audio and terrible callouts. I like playing it on location. I think you put it at a disadvantage by saying play in home environment where you’re forced to confront those shortcomings.

I ordered a wonka LE day one and was at the reveal, played at MGC but you couldn’t really hear the game. Cancelled my order after hearing it for the first time.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Wonka is better on location since you don’t have to listen to the audio and terrible callouts. I like playing it on location. I think you put it at a disadvantage by saying play in home environment where you’re forced to confront those shortcomings.

I dont think so. Code can change all call outs, etc. I like being able to hear clearly whats going on. Once i was able to hear JJP Pirates at a friends house, it was clear to me that this was a fantastic game with great call outs.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I dont think so. Code can change all call outs, etc. I like being able to hear clearly whats going on. Once i was able to hear JJP Pirates at a friends house, it was clear to me that this was a fantastic game with great call outs.

They aren’t going to record new callouts and replace the awful one in game now. He sounds like an old perv who is permanently kicked in the nuts.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They aren’t going to record new callouts and replace the awful one in game now. He sounds like an old perv who is permanently kicked in the nuts.

Lol. I cant disagree with that. No game is perfect except POTC by JJP.

#165 4 years ago

both wonka standard and jp premium

#166 4 years ago

Rework the modes on JJP POTC to feel different and then it's perfect.

Sorry just got to keep this balanced....

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here is the truth. As much as we all bash each other about Stern vs JJP, i know if we all lived close by we would hang out. Lol.

That is true and my pinball friends rag on me worse than a damn stranger on pinside does. They love telling me how bad my Aerosmith game sucks every chance they get and how i would be lucky to get 2500 dollars for it if i ever wanted to sell and stuff like that, and of course they throw jabs at my other games as well. I think what it really boils down to though is they are just pissed because they know that they don't stand a chance in hell at beating my GC score on AS or any other of my games for that matter and they can’t stand it. I tell ya what, with dickhead pinball friends like the ones i have you don’t need any enemies thats for sure! They also call me a Stern fanboy and say other things about me and Stern that I'm not even going to repeat on here. The two that run their mouths the most are JJP fanboys from hell by the way. JJP fanboys are the worst!

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I ordered a wonka LE day one and was at the reveal, played at MGC but you couldn’t really hear the game. Cancelled my order after hearing it for the first time.

This video speaks for itself - Wonka gameplay without commentary....it's kind of a sloppy ADHD mess compared to JP. Playfield still looks fun to shoot...but all that frantic audio and random video is straight from a slot machine nightmare....

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

This video speaks for itself - Wonka gameplay without commentary....

Wow. Well I keep an open mind and I haven't heard a ton of the audio before, but jesus I can see all the complaints; it really is ear punishingly bad.
I've just been listening to a Taiwanese Puppet show for the last 3 hours that is easier on the ears.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've just been listening to a Taiwanese Puppet show for the last 3 hours

Hopefully you're getting paid for this.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

This video speaks for itself - Wonka gameplay without commentary....it's kind of a sloppy ADHD mess compared to JP. Playfield still looks fun to shoot...but all that frantic audio and random video is straight from a slot machine nightmare....

wow - great way to encapsulate the pain I've been feeling while playing this game.

At this point, I'm just remembering all the folks on this website who are saying they don't understand what the problem is with this game so I can put their opinion in the highly suspect cateogry b/c you have to either be deaf, a complete JJP fanboy or deaf (yes I said it twice) to say you can't at least understand or appreciate what the uproar is all about.

Lawlor is like hey Jack - here's an amazing layout....go ahead and completely fuck it up with terrible sound, music, call outs and get a coder who wants to rewrite the gameplay b/c he thinks people would better appreciate it than the classic movie itself.

Sweet.

#172 4 years ago

Just watched the Dead Flip Jurassic park game play reveal and was absolutely blown away! I was skeptical when I heard about the lack of movie characters but honestly who cares? The flow and combo shots are incredible! Love how the secret skill shots can be combined as well. Stern nailed this! Cant wait!

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hopefully you're getting paid for this.

Dude, it's a euphemism

#174 4 years ago

I have 8 grandchildren, they have watched videos of both. All said JP. Ordered LE , can’t wait.

#175 4 years ago

The problem I'm having with Pirates and Wonka, is the modes don't really connect with ideas. I played, and loved some of Wonka's shots last night, but the shots don't feel memorable when connecting with the modes programmed.

Similarly with Pirates, it's multi-ball heaven, but past that, it's just random shot making, and never feeling like the code engages those shots. I don't feel like I'm battling Davy Jones, outrunning other ships, avoiding a noose, etc.

With this game reveal last night, it feels like modes combine with shots, to achieve things, and that feels like execution of theme combined with great shots, ideally great shots anyway.

I've never considered a modern Stern purchase, and didn't adore Maiden so much, but the execution of modes seems really enjoyable here! I just wish the raptor pit locked in the Pro like it does in the Premium and LE.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Sweet jesus. I think I understand now how Wednesday Addams felt in that summer camp torture cabin, or how Junior felt in the clown bedroom.

#177 4 years ago

JP isn't even available yet, I certainly will wait until I can play them both before voting with my money. I've played Wonka and it's quite fun.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

This is very old video and the new code is much better imo.. i also believe it will get better as the code matures... like most /all jjp pins. Will it be for everyone. ..no... but i really enjoy wonka pinball overall.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

That video is from when the game first came out, a ton has changed with the code since then. All of items below have been added / changed since that video, especially to the music, callouts, sound affects, and animations.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.09 July 19, 2019 ==

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08.

=== Game Code

* Adjusted Gobstopper lockup release coil pulse to try and make it more
forgiving of differences in line voltage.
+ Added a Wonkavator test.
* Fixed a bug in the computer award ticket display logic that could cause
the game to crash.

== Version 01.08 July 10, 2019 ==

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 & V01.07.

=== Game Code

* Corrected a potential game hangup during Gobstopper Multiball restart.
- Attract mode motion detected speech is now enabled by default.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

== Version 01.07 June 24, 2019 ==

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.04 & V1.06.

=== Game Code

* Changed skill shot advance factory to not pick a mode that is currently running.
+ Kickback and G.U.M. rule is now disabled during Golden Ticket Modes.
* Increased the value of Oompa Loompa Super Jackpots.
* Prevent rollback super jackpot shots in Oompa Loompa Odyssey.
* Added/updated lots of music, sound, speech, graphics, and lamp effects.

== Version 01.06 June 20, 2019 ==
== MD5 Checksum: 7a960083ba2b6cca7e9f9e0a054f6070 ==

- Note: This is a "full" install release.

=== Game Code

* Fixed an issue in Wonkavator multiball where you could lock balls for super
while multiball was starting and cause the super jackpot to be lit with
only one ball locked in the gobstopper.

== Version 01.05 June 20, 2019 ==

=== Game Code

== Version 01.04 June 17, 2019 ==

- Note: This is a FULL INSTALL release.

=== Game Code

* Removed the EOS diverter switch from the Standard Game switch table.

== Version 01.03 June 13, 2019 ==

=== Game Code

+ Hitting the kid target now gives a one time Super Spinner shot at the spinner.
+ Added random speech in attract mode when the camera detects movement.
+ Hold Bonus on a last ball now doubles bonus if the player has bonus x greater than 1.

== Version 01.02 June 11, 2019 ==

=== Game Code

* Added/Updated production team member names.
* Flipped the order of led test for Fizzy Lifting Drink Room and Inventing Room.
* Fixed lamp buffer ordering.
* Smartened up the diverter during wizard modes.
* Fixed bug causing factory tour awards to increase in difficulty too soon.
+ Added EOS diverter switch to switch table.
* Fixed bug that made Mike Teavee unqualified in competition mode if you didn't complete him.
* Removed flying letters from the TV eject. Now it is just flying hats.
* Fixed bug that gave free jackpots on Wonkavator Multiball start when the balls are dropping out.
* Added/updated lots of speech and lamp effects.
* Wonkavator Multiball lock behavior now doesn't change on maintenance reboot.
+ Charlie and Veruca now stack if you get back around to their modes before you play all five kids in Kid Multiball.
* Upper left flipper magnet now fires sooner after left ramp made switch is triggered.

== Version 01.01 June 6, 2019 ==

=== Game Code

+ Added speech callouts for when wizard modes are lit.
+ Added big points to Captive Ball Buildup Awards in case their is nothing remaining.
* Adjusted/balanced scoring in Wonka's Office wizard mode.
* Removed Shoot Again lamp from effects in Wonka's Office wizard mode.
* Added/updated music, sound, speech, graphics, and lamp effects.
+ Gobstopper motor now spins in the Gobstopper diag test.
* Fixed descriptions of Fizzy Lifting and Inventing Room lamps in Diag.

== Version 01.00 June 5, 2019 ==

=== Game Code

* Adjusted/balanced lots of scoring

#180 4 years ago

I can see this going either way. Wonka didn’t grab me during its reveal/first live stream. But after playing it, I dig it.

Jurassic Park looked a bit better during its reveal but who knows how it plays.(seemed very stop and go and a little clunky) looking forward to playing it and seeing how they compare.

I think wonka will appeal to older folks, but kids today love dinosaurs.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That video is from when the game first came out, a ton has changed with the code since then. All of items below have been added / changed since the video you posted.
V01.07 & V01.08.
=== Game Code
the game to crash.
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
* Changed skill shot advance factory to not pick a mode that is currently running.
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
+ Hitting the kid target now gives a one time Super Spinner shot at the spinner.
+ Hold Bonus on a last ball now doubles bonus if the player has bonus x greater than 1.
=== Game Code
* Flipped the order of led test for Fizzy Lifting Drink Room and Inventing Room.
* Fixed bug that made Mike Teavee unqualified in competition mode if you didn't complete him.
* Fixed bug that gave free jackpots on Wonkavator Multiball start when the balls are dropping out.
+ Charlie and Veruca now stack if you get back around to their modes before you play all five kids in Kid Multiball.
* Upper left flipper magnet now fires sooner after left ramp made switch is triggered.
=== Game Code
+ Added big points to Captive Ball Buildup Awards in case their is nothing remaining.
=== Game Code

Did you seriously just post this? Talk about spam.

Hate to break it to the extreme jjpb fanboys but the game sounds JUST like that and I've played the latest. Wake up. Still a mess

#182 4 years ago

I prefer “adventure” rulesets, so JP for me.

I didn’t care for Wonka. Fun shots, but pretty pedestrian code and the toys are kind of boring. I didn’t hate it, but it was easy to walk away from without wanting to play again.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you seriously just post this? Talk about spam.
Hate to break out to the extreme jjpb fanboys but the game sounds JUST like that but and I've played the latest. Wake up

It's not really fair to judge a pin based on code from when the game was first revealed...If we judged Stern games by the same approach then Batman 66 would still be considered a terrible game even though so much has changed with the code since release.

I see you own a WOZ as well. Should we judge WOZ based on this video showing pre 1.0 code? No. Don't make post that crazy huge change log lol. Come on man.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

...but the game sounds JUST like that and I've played the latest. Wake up. Still a mess

Not sure if it is the code that changed or what but playing the game in person on 1.08 and 1.09 (the 2 versions I played on mine) sounds nothing like that video. Points of that video you can't really tell whats going on and it sounds like many things are playing over itself. In person, it is a lot more organized and sounds are in direct response to the shots and targets you hit. The mixing of generic mode soundtrack and switch hit effects is much smoother than that video.

Disclaimer - not a JJP fanboy, just a pinball fan here...

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I have 8 grandchildren, they have watched videos of both. All said JP. Ordered LE , can’t wait.

Congrats.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's not really fair to judge a pin based on code from when the game was first revealed...If we judged Stern games by the same approach then Batman 66 would still be considered a terrible game even though so much has changed with the code since release.

That's a good point. Wonka already has a great playfield.....if they keep giving it code luv a'la B66, the sky's the limit....

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Not sure if it is the code that changed or what but playing the game in person on 1.08 and 1.09 (the 2 versions I played on mine) sounds nothing like that video. Points of that video you can't really tell whats going on and it sounds like many things are playing over itself. In person, it is a lot more organized and sounds are in direct response to the shots and targets you hit. The mixing of generic mode soundtrack and switch hit effects is much smoother than that video.

Wonka audio is amazing. The clips are good but not great and the shots are fantastic. Code is relatively simple but the stacking possibilities are awesome.

The JP stream looked good, couldn't get a feel of the modes but still have a deposit down on a premium.

Both are or will be great machines. I'm still pissed JJP sent out Wonkas with faulty troughs and knew about it. That alone will probably stop me from buying JJPs in the future.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see you own a WOZ as well. Should we judge WOZ based on this video showing pre 1.0 code? No. Don't make post that crazy huge change log lol. Come on man.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

guys - I want to be like you and somehow not get either annoyed or drink enough kool aid that I don't hear it but here's the problem.

WITH MY OWN ears I've played 1.09 and it sounds EXACTLY like that video. It's an absolute mess.

Panzer - I understand your point and I hope they do improve b/c it shoots well but I can only judge what is available. Am I going to ignore this mess of a game b/c it's early code? sorry - I don't cut JJP breaks just b/c they are JJP.

I call out Stern, JJP, Spooky - dont give an F. I love them all too (look at my collection) - but I'm not going to blow smoke up people's ass on this game like others to make a purchase seem worthy. Not me not ever.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That video is from when the game first came out, a ton has changed with the code since then. All of items below have been added / changed since that video, especially to the music, callouts, sound affects, and animations.
V01.07 & V01.08.
=== Game Code
the game to crash.
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code
=== Game Code

Your README file black magic won’t work here, Panzer!

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Your README file black magic won’t work here, Panzer!

and here it comes, all 162 pages of the WOZ 7.01 change log! lol

#191 4 years ago

The jury is still out. Chicago Expo where I can see them all and play will determine next move.

But I showed my wife who doesn't play the videos , she likes JP premium because of T Rex gobbling up ball,that's where I'm leaning.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's not really fair to judge a pin based on code from when the game was first revealed...

Wait. Wasn't JP literally just revealed? Haha, keep trying. You might dig something out that actually makes sense at some point.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wait. Wasn't JP literally just revealed? Haha, keep trying. You might dig something out that actually makes sense at some point.

Video posted of Wonka was from April on pre 1.0 code, Wonka has had multiple updates since then and is now on 1.09. Guess it's easier for you to just throw around insults then understand that!

#194 4 years ago

I just unboxed a Wonka LE last week and I have a Jurassic Park LE on order. I can guarantee that I’ll enjoy JP more. Stern games like Deadpool & Batman 66 keep me much more engaged than JJP Pirates or Wonka do. My wife is enjoying Wonka, I can’t wait to play Jurassic Park this week at ReplayFX.

B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpegB2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
#195 4 years ago

In total truth, I think the thing I'm enjoying about JP so far.......no "pre/ developmental" 3D mod threads or ads for this one yet..a first!!! (unless I just haven't seen them)...very refreshing....

#196 4 years ago

I played about 5 minutes of Wonka the other day, and for the new JP, I am willing to do the same.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

The jury is still out. Chicago Expo where I can see them all and play will determine next move.
But I showed my wife who doesn't play the videos , she likes JP premium because of T Rex gobbling up ball,that's where I'm leaning.

This is interesting?

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Video posted of Wonka was from April on pre 1.0 code, Wonka has had multiple updates since then and is now on 1.09. Guess it's easier for you to just throw around insults then understand that!

Exactly. JP has pre 1.0 code also. Apples to apples. Problem is that even the pre-released code JP blows away Wonka with its current code. Not sure why I bother to point this out since everyone else understood, but I will waste my time anyway.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I played about 5 minutes of Wonka the other day, and for the new JP, I am willing to do the same.

Hey.. glad to see you back....

#200 4 years ago

For me JJP games look good etc but just don't have the play it again factor as half the time the overall objective is not clear. Really liking the look of the game progression and coding on JP2. Looking forward to playing it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 91.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-or-willy-wonka-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.