tool.jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
animalhouse.gif
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg
sh (resized).jpg
F5649177-EC41-4FBC-B8E1-B9CC8480FBED (resized).png
There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL pot calling the kettle black

The difference is I don’t spend my time on Pinside bashing Stern.I like B/W and JJP pins but I don’t feel the need to bash Stern

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can’t see what one of them is saying since I put them on ignore. So it looks kinda like you’re talking to yourself

Whatever,just my two cents

#103 4 years ago

Lol I'm not bashing JJP. I'm staying they have quality issues which is a fact. Search on pinside. You're more likely to get a fun reliable machine with Stern. That is also a fact. I never understand why the Fanboys all five of you gets so butthurt anytime a single negative comment made.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Lol I'm not bashing JJP. I'm staying they have quality issues which is a fact. Search on pinside. You're more likely to get a fun reliable machine with Stern. That is also a fact. I never understand why the Fanboys all five of you gets so butthurt anytime a single negative comment made.

And we can’t understand why you feel the need to constantly talk shit about something we do like

#105 4 years ago

Comparing JP2 to Wonka, correct?

JP2 if I was buying NIB right now.

Wonka, and all JJP off my list period until I see at least (1x) populated warranty replacement play field posted for POTC.

I've seen plenty of populated pf from Stern, new cabs, etc. In an attempt to fix a core problem.

All companies have problems, it's how they are addressed. Can't defend the indefensible.

They amazed me w the support for my beloved WOZ...Have no idea what's going on now. Sorry....

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Comparing JP2 to Wonka, correct?
JP2 if I was buying NIB right now.
Wonka, and all JJP off my list period until I see at least (1x) populated warranty replacement play field posted for POTC.
I've seen plenty of populated pf from Stern, new cabs, etc. In an attempt to fix a core problem.
All companies have problems, it's how they are addressed. Can't defend the indefensible.
They amazed me w the support for my beloved WOZ...Have no idea what's going on now. Sorry....

I can say first hand the support that Frank,Lloyd and Steve at JJP has been awesome!
And that's a fact jack!

#107 4 years ago

I'll probably own both, have Wonka already.

If I had to pick one? Wonka for home use, jp for location. Depth of code is a guarantee with jjp. I've had qc problems with all the companies so that's a wash for me.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I can say first hand the support that Frank,Lloyd and Steve at JJP has been awesome!
And that's a fact jack!

Have dealt w all of them over the years, and they are truly amazing!!!! Utmost respect and appreciation for them...Nothing to do w what I was referencing

Also a fact

#109 4 years ago

There is only one correct answer! Both!

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

WTF Why the rush

cause its the latest and greatest...…...maybe????????

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

cause its the latest and greatest...…...maybe????????

But there is never a need to rush in

b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpgb568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
#112 4 years ago

One of the best pinball matchups in modern history, two juggernaut themes battling it out. By October, Wonka will have enjoyed a 3 month head start and Summer will be long gone. By year end 2019 we can gauge which is doing better. Both should be doing well.

#113 4 years ago

these threads would make more sense when the pins are available to play. i am sure 80 percent here havent played wonka and 99 percent havent played jp19.

#114 4 years ago

I think its funny that people cream all over themselves before they've even seen the game play via video let alone played the game.....therefore the comparison is a joke. The only thing one can compare is theme/artwork and both are subjective. Only time will tell if this game is legit or not. The fact there are no movie rights or clips is a big let down in my book. It appears Stern secured the cheapest rights they possibly could...

#115 4 years ago

Cancelled my wonka for the Dino's
JP looks great and if it's as good as maiden I won't be let down
Keith has my trust and stern will have my money

#116 4 years ago

I prefer Willy Wonka as far as movies go, but I think the choice between the games is almost laughable. This is shown by the landslide in the poll. Wonka is a hot mess to me. Played it a few times and no interest at all in buying one. Obviously I've not even played JP2 but it looks awesome and I'm thinking about swapping a game or two for funds for a Premium. Keith has my full confidence at this point.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think its funny that people cream all over themselves before they've even seen the game play via video let alone played the game.....therefore the comparison is a joke. The only thing one can compare is theme/artwork and both are subjective. Only time will tell if this game is legit or not. The fact there are no movie rights or clips is a big let down in my book. It appears Stern secured the cheapest rights they possibly could...

No movie clips is ok for me. It’ll be like an dinosaur adventure game.

#118 4 years ago

I played WW and was not impressed. I do like the look of JP2 more the WW. The gobstopper hole in the playfield was not exciting to me.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No movie clips is ok for me. It’ll be like an dinosaur adventure game.

I'm sure the game will still be enjoyable, but theres no denying having movie clips would make this game far more enjoyable....its a joke they didn't secure the rights...

#120 4 years ago

As others have said, JJP seems like too much of a gamble right now. I've never owned one of their games but always looked forward to having one at home. Not covering the chipped playfields under warranty is enough to scare me away though. JP looks very promising but I want to see more before thinking about buying that either.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure the game will still be enjoyable, but theres no denying having movie clips would make this game far more enjoyable....its a joke they didn't secure the rights...

It's easy to deny. I'm way more interested in the game for not having boring ass movie clips, it's not a joke. What's a joke is people wanting their pinballs to be glorified laserdisc players like the old Dragon's Lair days. Get over it already. You want the movie, get the Blu-ray out.

Your opinion isn't a fact, you're just one more person with a keyboard.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's a joke is people wanting their pinballs to be glorified laserdisc players like the old Dragon's Lair days.

Exactly my thoughts. I hated Dragon's Lair back in the day. I have never been a big fan of the JP movies either, so this is the best of both worlds for me. This pin is sort of a generic dino theme with a blockbuster name. The less Dragon's Lairesque the better.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Exactly my thoughts. I hated Dragon's Lair back in the day. I have never been a big fan of the JP movies either, so this is the best of both worlds for me. This pin is sort of a generic dino theme with a blockbuster name. The less Dragon's Lairesque the better.

That’s exactly why JJP pirates works. No long winded clips just lots of pirate cool stuff. Really excited about dinos too.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's easy to deny. I'm way more interested in the game for not having boring ass movie clips, it's not a joke. What's a joke is people wanting their pinballs to be glorified laserdisc players like the old Dragon's Lair days. Get over it already. You want the movie, get the Blu-ray out.

Movie clips in games don't have to be boring...if done correctly they can definitely enhance the game....most animations are cheesy....and YES its my opinion as is yours

#125 4 years ago

Based on having seen the streams......both playfield geometries are top notch, but Jurassic's tighter approach - great animations and objectives woven together - make it the definite winner, IMO. It looks exciting in a way that Wonka could never be, in its "Kid Multiball" mindset...........

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your opinion isn't a fact, you're just one more person with a keyboard

What a weird viewpoint to not realize the irony of such a statement.

All opinions have some merit and validity, and ultimately one's own, the most.

I wouldn't mind a sprinkling of film clips with animated clips in tandem, but clearly Stern didn't want to pay the rights past John William's theme, and the JP name and theme.

If we criticize a company like JJP for failing to do the same for Pirates, we definitely should criticize Stern for cheaping out massively on the JP rights.

Ultimately, it's how a company utilizes what they do pay for, and how it's realized, and both Pirates and JP seem pretty solid so far!

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So you prefer the Zen pinball style of a generic, "choose your own adventure" dino game like what you'd play on a Vtech tablet? All they had to do was make it similar to Stern's Star Wars and it would've been fine. As it is, why bother securing the name "Jurassic Park" if all they have to show for it is Newman? The T-Rex looks nothing like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park! Just make it a generic dino game at that point. Use face capture technology and put the player in the game or something fancy.

#128 4 years ago

Ok so now that I've seen gameplay I can definitively say JP. Stern really knocked this out of the park. Even the animations looked great, music was well done effects and sound as well and what a layout. Great part is, somehow Stern was able to find jackpot call outs that don't some like the guy was kicked in the nuts.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so now that I've seen gameplay I can definitively say JP. Stern really knocked this out of the park. Even the animations looked great, music was well done effects and sound as well and what a layout. Great part is, somehow Stern was able to find jackpot call outs that don't some like the guy was kicked in the nuts.

Its not even close, JP all the way on this one.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I completely disagree. New JP already looks better all around to me.

Well, you always choose Stern and bash JJP so not a surprise lol.

Watched more of last nights JP stream, would still pick Wonka right now. Still need to play both games of course. Not a fan of the callouts in either game, just ugh.

#131 4 years ago

Duplicate, delete

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Watched more of last nights JP stream, would still pick Wonka right now.

Of course you would Panzer. We wouldn’t expect anything less from JJP’s biggest fanboy!

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Of course you would Panzer. We wouldn’t expect anything less from JJP’s biggest fanboy!

Hey I've been more critical of them then ever lately, cut me some slack lol. The WOZ Kool-Aid has worn off

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hey I've been more critical of them then ever lately, cut me some slack lol. The WOZ Kool-Aid has worn off

I’m very critical of them now that they arent willing to fix their customers chipping playfields and want to send them a new unpopulated playfield for 550 dollars to remedy the situation. A person would have to be crazy to support a company like that. They are dead to me and i wouldnt even consider buying a game from them.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol. I can hear the glass from your house shattering all the way in Wisconsin.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

...why bother securing the name "Jurassic Park" if all they have to show for it is Newman? ...

Cause money.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I appreciate Skymount downvoting you like; "Hey, I'm the biggest fan boy!"
But actually I think that's true now. Panzer has been critical of JJPOTC PF debacle, which is probably more than Sky

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's weird how that diaper filled narrator sounds more obnoxious in streams, than when playing. I guess focal points shift so much in those situations.

I don't know who else they could have went towards. A Gene Wilder impersonator would have felt insensitive, Oompah Loompahs would have been too zany, kids wouldn't have worked, so we got Nut Kicked Diaper Pooper Grandpa Joe.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cause money.

But actually I think that's true now. Panzer has been critical of JJPOTC PF debacle, which is probably more than Sky

This site is like a bad/zany sitcom set to constant reruns most days!

#139 4 years ago

JP by a MILE.
and I was in on a Wonk.

#140 4 years ago

I just played Wonka for the first time out in the wild, was not impressed. My opinion may change with more play time but Wonka is currently not on my radar to buy.

#141 4 years ago

I think we all need to play Wonka and JP in a home environment before we get the pitch forks out. Streaming does not mean shit. That includes Wonka so I’m not going for Sterns throat. Play them both, then decide.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just played Wonka for the first time out in the wild, was not impressed. My opinion may change with more play time but Wonka is currently not on my radar to buy.

In the wild. Exactly my point.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

In the wild. Exactly my point.

You are correct sometimes that's all we can go on. I played two different locations with DP pro and BM66 on both and they both locations both played way different meaning that the first place was meh the second location the pins played way better that location also had a Wonka but it was not turned on so I can't compare that the first example.

However I can view Wonka in the way it made sounds and some of the shots that was not exactly to my liking. Please note I love JJP and rating my DI and Woz as top5 pins that I have ever owned and Woz had to grow on me and after the code matured and also having played in in a home location helped.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Skyemont definitely doesn't want anyone taking over his #1 JJP Fanboy spot thats for sure. Panzer is cool with me, i just like giving him shit.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Play them both, then decide.

This will only delay the inevitable for most. The choice here is so much more clear cut than the usual Pinside poll.

Personally I've played WWka enough to know I don't want one. I'll be able to play JP2 prior to the Premium release to know if I do want one - even though this looks like a sure thing at this point.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wonka SEEMS like it'd be better but as you play it more, it's just becomes a mess of sounds and code.
animalhouse.gifanimalhouse.gif

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah Skyemont definitely doesn't want anyone taking over his #1 JJP Fanboy spot thats for sure. Panzer is cool with me, i just like giving him shit.

JJP won’t replace people’s crap playfields for POTC that says they don’t care. Never will buy a JJP now.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think we all need to play Wonka and JP in a home environment before we get the pitch forks out. Streaming does not mean shit. That includes Wonka so I’m not going for Sterns throat. Play them both, then decide.

Played Wonka by myself with full sound just like home use and I've also played it with a ton of people around it. I actually think it plays better when not in a home use setting bc it drowns out the obnoxious sounds and effects! Damn it the more I think about Wonka and how they messed it up - just frustrating.

JP absolutely is going to tear that game apart.

Hopefully a code revisit occurs and a significant one like Hobbit as I want that damn game on my house but that's no Wonka. That's some garbled mess with assets thrown in from the Wonka IP and slot machine terribleness.

I remember some pinsiders here gushing over that game when it was first shown and telling others it's b/c we haven't played the thing - and we'll see.

Please what a joke.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Exactly.
1. Listen to some old dude barely belt out the word jackpot while you collect candy
or
2. Chase dinosaurs with a ball eating T-Rex.

ah ah ah. #best tilt warning ever.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess same with you Sternboy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-or-willy-wonka-/page/3?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.