(Topic ID: 247902)

Abandoned Stern JP club - Lost in the Park!

By J-Freeze

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB6AAFF0-DBA4-4F88-9BD1-E652C63E5E54 (resized).jpeg
ECFFD6F3-E1D8-4FC2-8F95-9B85D106F479 (resized).jpeg
847EDBBD-83B8-46F9-B328-AE521A4CB8D4 (resized).jpeg
20191114_175215 (resized).jpg
20191114_171102 (resized).jpg
20191114_160838 (resized).jpg
20191114_160830 (resized).jpg
20191114_120108 (resized).jpg
6B90CBFE-F816-4424-8D57-7C23F5F2212E (resized).jpeg
853A9914-4525-4106-9481-AAC12E480300 (resized).jpeg
FB261090-62C6-4403-9C89-D15FC58E1DA4 (resized).jpeg
587080684 (resized).jpg
123951(69) (resized).jpg
JP_truck_rev2-1024x646 (resized).jpg
Truck_rough-1024x768 (resized).jpg
JP-shooter (resized).jpg
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 4 years ago

Is it me or are there three or more jurrasic park Pinball clubs? What is going on??

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is it me or are there three or more jurrasic park Pinball clubs? What is going on??

Nope. Not you. Do i still rate the highest for pinball shipping?

#203 4 years ago

I never saw them use the button on the lockdown bar during the stream does anyone know what it’s used for?

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I never saw them use the button on the lockdown bar during the stream does anyone know what it’s used for?

I’ve been wondering this since I saw the stream too. Hopefully it’s got some sweet use just not coded yet.

#205 4 years ago

May I let go of my butt now?

#206 4 years ago

If I recall from the stream Keith said the button is used to select control room modes, do as of now it’s underutilized so maybe rick will add more uses for it in the near future

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

#207 4 years ago

** Comments From PA Pinsiders Who Have Played the PRO, Please! **

I'm guessing the five/six PRO's that were at Pinburgh are now on location in various spots in PA (Helicon, for example). Where are the comments from Pinsiders who have played these games? I did read one from Wesman (Thank you!), but I would like to read more.

#208 4 years ago

Any ideas on pricing

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Long story long, this was the first club thread. Then they stripped it of being a club because the game hasn't shipped. Then the other club thread started, even though the game wasn't shipped, then they ruled it was OK and allowed it, forgetting aboot the rightful OG Club.
Then the prem/LE douchebags started their fancy club.

#210 4 years ago

Would like to get an overview of code depth & the mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow?

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Payne:

Any ideas on pricing

Ok, I may understand that someone does not know that it's allways the same price.

Or that you don't know any retailers website or that it's too much work to visit Sterns website.

But by know you just have to scroll down a few pixels to see the marketplace offers for the game!!! XD

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Or that you don't know any retailers website or that it's too much work to visit Sterns website.
But by know you just have to scroll down a few pixels to see the marketplace offers for the game!!! XD

2nd post give a guy a break

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Payne:

Any ideas on pricing

$5,600 including shipping to your door is the pricing I got quoted when I called one of the very large distributors.
That was on a credit card with no up charge for the CC percentage.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

$5,600 including shipping to your door is the pricing I got quoted when I called one of the very large distributors.

give a hint...sounds like...

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

give a hint...sounds like...

I think there are a lot of good distributors out there, and I think most would sell ya one for that same price. If you’ve got a local guy might be better to support the local shop, sometimes even worth spending a few extra bucks.
The place I called, and she mentioned it was ok to reference there price, was Cointaker.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Comments From PA Pinsiders Who Have Played the PRO, Please! **
I'm guessing the five/six PRO's that were at Pinburgh are now on location in various spots in PA (Helicon, for example). Where are the comments from Pinsiders who have played these games? I did read one from Wesman (Thank you!), but I would like to read more.

The games were shipped from Stern to us. They are not from Pinburgh/replay, those were sample games.

The flow is real in this game. I was playing this tonight at Starport Arcade and Pub in Morgantown WV. I couldn't hear the game well because the place was packed but I loved the way it shot. Everything shot so smooth and the combos were challenging. I have to really hear the game and understand what I am doing but as a pure shooter it's on par if not better than maiden. Keith has made some of the most interesting shots in these first 2 games he's designed. Can't wait for the LE!

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

The games were shipped from Stern to us. They are not from Pinburgh/replay, those were sample games.

Could you tell us the game code version of your JP machines?

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

2nd post give a guy a break

Sorry, didn't see that. XD

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I'll grab that info on two of them tomorrow

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Long story long, this was the first club

good to know thx.
Hit eject on the prem/LE thread after this was a proposed topper.
FB261090-62C6-4403-9C89-D15FC58E1DA4 (resized).jpegFB261090-62C6-4403-9C89-D15FC58E1DA4 (resized).jpeg

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

good to know thx.
Hit eject on the prem/LE thread after this was a proposed topper.
[quoted image]

Ironically.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

#223 4 years ago

Gr8t! That let's some room for improvements and new modes!

#224 4 years ago

Here's the flip n out stream

#225 4 years ago

So, who's got any pull with the moderators around here??? I think 3 separate club threads is ridiculous. I'm all for 1 club for all JP 2019 owners. I started the so called pro thread not realizing 2 other clubs had been started and locked by the moderators. I care nothing about being the guy that started that group, I just want to be able to share ideas and issues with other owners in one common place. Let's get the moderators to close the one I started for sure, and if possible combine the Premium/LE crowd here as well. Anyone else with me??

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, who's got any pull with the moderators around here??? I think 3 separate club threads is ridiculous. I'm all for 1 club for all JP 2019 owners. I started the so called pro thread not realizing 2 other clubs had been started and locked by the moderators. I care nothing about being the guy that started that group, I just want to be able to share ideas and issues with other owners. Let's get the moderators to close the one I started for sure, and if possible combine the Premium/LE crown here as well. Anyone else with me??

Ditto. If there are any issues once we start getting our games, would be nice to have a single thread to refer to.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Here's the flip n out stream

Well if anyone was worried about long balltimes, they can sure lay that worry to rest.

#228 4 years ago

So, who's got any pull with the moderators around here??? I think 3 separate club threads is ridiculous. I'm all for 1 club for all JP 2019 owners. I started the so called pro thread not realizing 2 other clubs had been started and locked by the moderators. I care nothing about being the guy that started that group, I just want to be able to share ideas and issues with other owners in one common place. Let's get the moderators to close the one I started for sure, and if possible combine the Premium/LE crowd here as well. Anyone else with me??

How about one thread for topper talk, and one for everything else

#229 4 years ago

I'm with ya.
I'm getting a premium but I don't want anything to do with that thread, none of the other stern clubs that I've been in have split clubs for pro/prem/LE and it hasn't been an issue so I don't know why we would need split clubs.

#230 4 years ago

I'm totally agree with you. Your proposition makes sense.

#231 4 years ago

So, who's got any pull with the moderators around here???

You should start a thread in the Moderator feedback forum.
Tiger Law should do it, I already explained the situation in the thread, nothing but crickets.

#232 4 years ago

I'll be routing mine at North End Pub in Lafayette, IN. By the end of the month, we will be up to 19-20 games at the bar, launch party September 15th if anyone is in central Indiana area and bored that day feel free to come check it out.

I played about 20 games, maybe more on it at Pinburgh. I think the game is going to be tough for casual players to pick up on the rules at first, but should really appeal to the tournament and higher skill level players. Lots of shots, and it is possible to combo all 4 ramps which reminds me of The Shadow ramp combos a bit, looking very forward to more time on the game.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'll be routing mine at North End Pub in Lafayette, IN. By the end of the month, we will be up to 19-20 games at the bar, launch party September 15th if anyone is in central Indiana area and bored that day feel free to come check it out.
I played about 20 games, maybe more on it at Pinburgh. I think the game is going to be tough for casual players to pick up on the rules at first, but should really appeal to the tournament and higher skill level players. Lots of shots, and it is possible to combo all 4 ramps which reminds me of The Shadow ramp combos a bit, looking very forward to more time on the game.

Get out of here!!

#234 4 years ago

+1 - I'm tired of monitoring 3 threads for a club for one game....let's get down to one club thread, whichever it is

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

+1 - I'm tired of monitoring 3 threads for a club for one game....let's get down to one club thread, whichever it is

The LE club probably won't go away as ACDC started that fad 5 years ago, and GB has one.
I already drained the other thread which is an option

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think the game is going to be tough for casual players to pick up on the rules at first

Can't we just aim for the Dino and try to get him to grab it?

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yep just keep shooting the dino

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is there no way to taunt the rex?
Bring a goat to the gameroom?

On the game:
Still think it's ugly as fuck. Really frekkin ugly. And what is that fat newman doing there and no others.
It's nice with his callout, but he shouldn't been on the playfield, when nobody else was.

It seems to shoot really nice and the pro is awesome value.
Spike is still shite and will remain so until it breaks.

First i was bummed about the almost total lack of assets. Great to have the song though.
Starting to turn abit on that though. (The lack of assets)
There are advantages to make your own cinematics, it can be more adapted to gameplay, then any movie clip can.
It also has that nice upgradeable aspect of having future new games, clips and modes, making the game last a lot longer.
I really like it.

#239 4 years ago

Maybe the only way to get to one club thread is to spam one with naked chicks

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Spike is still shite and will remain so until it breaks.

Your logic is truly dizzying here.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Everything is terrible, but I like it.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Still think it's ugly as fuck. Really frekkin ugly.

I really like it.

853A9914-4525-4106-9481-AAC12E480300 (resized).jpeg853A9914-4525-4106-9481-AAC12E480300 (resized).jpeg
#243 4 years ago

I like touching my butt, but you may rename the thread now.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dont fall for it
He comes from a place called: Troll hatan ?

3 months later
#245 4 years ago

Anyone having the raptor gate fall out? My route game keeps going this. Today I got home and just bent it so the straight part was further through the left side, but tonight the bartender said it fell out again. Thinking it may need to be bent with a L so it won’t pull itself out

6B90CBFE-F816-4424-8D57-7C23F5F2212E (resized).jpeg6B90CBFE-F816-4424-8D57-7C23F5F2212E (resized).jpeg
#246 4 years ago

We kind of abandoned this thread but a lot of people had them break on the early pros.
Stern was sending out replacements.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park

#247 4 years ago

And this post just because I got mine yesterday!

20191114_120108 (resized).jpg20191114_120108 (resized).jpg20191114_160830 (resized).jpg20191114_160830 (resized).jpg20191114_160838 (resized).jpg20191114_160838 (resized).jpg20191114_171102 (resized).jpg20191114_171102 (resized).jpg20191114_175215 (resized).jpg20191114_175215 (resized).jpg
#248 4 years ago

Went to adjust the gate and it just broke in half :/ looks like sterns fix for pooling for the moment

847EDBBD-83B8-46F9-B328-AE521A4CB8D4 (resized).jpeg847EDBBD-83B8-46F9-B328-AE521A4CB8D4 (resized).jpegECFFD6F3-E1D8-4FC2-8F95-9B85D106F479 (resized).jpegECFFD6F3-E1D8-4FC2-8F95-9B85D106F479 (resized).jpegFB6AAFF0-DBA4-4F88-9BD1-E652C63E5E54 (resized).jpegFB6AAFF0-DBA4-4F88-9BD1-E652C63E5E54 (resized).jpeg
#249 4 years ago

Stern is getting super fast on warranty responses via their website. Pablo got me squared away today and a new wire form gate is coming!

2 months later
#250 4 years ago

All none essential staff was evacuated before Nedry did his thing...
Still gotta save the dummies I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-club-hold-on-to-your-butts/page/5?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.