(Topic ID: 247902)

Abandoned Stern JP club - Lost in the Park!

By J-Freeze

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB6AAFF0-DBA4-4F88-9BD1-E652C63E5E54 (resized).jpeg
ECFFD6F3-E1D8-4FC2-8F95-9B85D106F479 (resized).jpeg
847EDBBD-83B8-46F9-B328-AE521A4CB8D4 (resized).jpeg
20191114_175215 (resized).jpg
20191114_171102 (resized).jpg
20191114_160838 (resized).jpg
20191114_160830 (resized).jpg
20191114_120108 (resized).jpg
6B90CBFE-F816-4424-8D57-7C23F5F2212E (resized).jpeg
853A9914-4525-4106-9481-AAC12E480300 (resized).jpeg
FB261090-62C6-4403-9C89-D15FC58E1DA4 (resized).jpeg
587080684 (resized).jpg
123951(69) (resized).jpg
JP_truck_rev2-1024x646 (resized).jpg
Truck_rough-1024x768 (resized).jpg
JP-shooter (resized).jpg
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doug is there any chance you could make a lit version for the rings? To replicate the BM66SLE speaker ring lights for other games in various colours?

I agree, just lighting the rings looks much better than lighting the whole rectangular speaker grill.

#152 4 years ago

SDTM Episode 97: Stern’s Jurassic Park Pinball First Impressions

SDTM Greg is the biggest JP fan in pinball! Is he gonna buy or is he gonna pass?! What are your thoughts on this dynamic new offering from Stern Pinball?

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm wondering why they went with yellow speaker surrounds on the LE instead of the more obvious green (to match the trim)? Unless they thought it was already too much green and they thought yellow (to match the logo border color) would be a better choice.
In any case....I will have green and many other color / style 5.25" speaker surrounds available soon on my website....along with other 5.25" speaker mods and accessories that should make a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade more affordable for people that are interested.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great!

I can also attest that Doug's deluxe kit for these spike 2 sterns is awesome and will look great in JP!
On top of that he stands behind his product and went above and beyond to get me up and running when I had problems with my machine. (No problem with his kit)

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Greg is the biggest JP fan in pinball! Is he gonna buy or is he gonna pass?! What are your thoughts on this dynamic new offering from Stern Pinball?

Listening to the TWIP podcast right now.

Greg can save his tears in a cup for his own footsteps mod, this game is gonna be awesome!
I'm a big JP fan too and I was kinda meh when I first saw it but I've done a complete 180°
The more I see of it the more I like it.
Glad he came around too.

That spinner shot is gonna be sweet!

#155 4 years ago

I'm totally ok w/less movie assets if it means more intricate design and interesting mechs.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doug is there any chance you could make a lit version for the rings? To replicate the BM66SLE speaker ring lights for other games in various colours?

Yeah...something like that is in the works and very near completion. I am planning on updating my website with a "5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit coming soon" message before adding Jurassic Park (Stern) to my Speaker Light Kit list, so customers know they are on the way before deciding on a Speaker Light Kit type for their Jurassic Park.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I agree, just lighting the rings looks much better than lighting the whole rectangular speaker grill.

I can see that on the games with the 5.25" speakers, as the speaker holes fill the entire width of the rectangle grill area. The speaker holes are centered in the honeycomb grill area and the speaker holes also don't have those hideous bars in them.

As stated, I plan on offering a large selection of different color and style speaker surrounds, but I am still not certain on how I am going to have these listed on my website....as I don't care to carry stock on every color available. It may be a case where you have to place your order for your surround color and wait 1 - 3 weeks for your order to ship, especially if it is an unusual color that isn't cut or possibly not even on hand.

I should also have more information soon on offering the 5.25" speaker plates so a person can do the 4" (Pro and Premium) speaker upgrade to the larger 5.25" speakers at a more affordable price than it costs currently (though I DO NOT plan on selling the speakers). Still....the goal is to make it so a person can do the 4" to 5.25" upgrade on their games, for the same price or lower than they can do it now.....and that would include a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit for that lower or comparable price.

Keep an eye out for another thread with more details on these 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits and their accessories soon.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Green Lit (resized).JPGGreen Lit (resized).JPG
#157 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm wondering why they went with yellow speaker surrounds on the LE instead of the more obvious green (to match the trim)? Unless they thought it was already too much green and they thought yellow (to match the logo border color) would be a better choice.
In any case....I will have green and many other color / style 5.25" speaker surrounds available soon on my website....along with other 5.25" speaker mods and accessories that should make a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade more affordable for people that are interested.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe some Green Bay Packers fans helped design it.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Maybe some Green Bay Packers fans helped design it.

Seriously

#159 4 years ago

Deadflip stream is live, quick first impression is forget the movie clips, the LCD animations and integration look great!

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I posted in the STDM thread. I'm with Bone on this one with the artwork ... maybe if you throw in a free shaker motor or something he'll buy a Pro from you Zach.

Also I'm with you on the opto spinners - I like those on the Beatles I got from you.

#161 4 years ago

Here is the stream

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I posted in the STDM thread. I'm with Bone on this one with the artwork ... maybe if you throw in a free shaker motor or something he'll buy a Pro from you Zach.
Also I'm with you on the opto spinners - I like those on the Beatles I got from you.

I agree about most of the art, but I do really like the premium art, that was ultimately the deciding factor for me between premium and LE. I couldn't get over having to look at the dingus looking rex on the front left (Because of the coin door.) And I like the bit of orange sky.

#163 4 years ago

As far as gameplay honestly I would've been happy with just another decent JP/JW game but from the looks of it they made a great JP!
Tons of shots, some smooth some tough, outlanes that you can fight, ball stops for big moments, good LCD integration.

#164 4 years ago

It's like Stern gathered the Sega team that made House of the Dead and Play Mechanix who made Big Buck hunter and said, "Write software for our game".

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

It's like Stern gathered the Sega team that made House of the Dead and Play Mechanix who made Big Buck hunter and said, "Write software for our game".

Hire pros, good idea.

#166 4 years ago

I think it looks fantastic, cant wait to see more of it and play it myself

#167 4 years ago

I was skeptical, but after watching the dead flip game play reveal I'm sold! Limited Edition is on order! This looks incredible! The shots, the flow and I have to admit even the animations are well done. The combo shots look insane and I love how you can keep adding more and more super skill shots depending on the combo! Seems to be a lot of Easter eggs as well. Definitely looking forward to this one!

#168 4 years ago

Gameplay looks good. The jeeps are from where? Also, is that supposed to sound like Samuel Jackson?

#169 4 years ago

Positive feedback on stream continues and unlike other releases, haven’t read any strong consensus regarding favorite art package.
Everyone wins.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Gameplay looks good. The jeeps are from where? Also, is that supposed to sound like Samuel Jackson?

Those are actually Gomez Motor Company offroad search and rescue trucks.

#171 4 years ago

Just read his comments about the truck. Pretty cool to see Gomez excited and contribute.

#172 4 years ago

I like the animations where the camera goes "into" the playfield and we see Dinos and staff and the jeep traversing the playing surface. I hope there's more of that in store. I thought that was pretty clever.

#173 4 years ago

Some photos of some really cool stuff:

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpgJP-shooter (resized).jpgJP-shooter (resized).jpgTruck_rough-1024x768 (resized).jpgTruck_rough-1024x768 (resized).jpgJP_truck_rev2-1024x646 (resized).jpgJP_truck_rev2-1024x646 (resized).jpg
#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just read his comments about the truck. Pretty cool to see Gomez excited and contribute.

Where? Didn't catch it

Edit: found, his Facebook wall

#175 4 years ago

OP please change this to the club thread name since it doesn;t seem to matter anymore.

#176 4 years ago

There is already 2 other club threads now...

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

There is already 2 other club threads now...

Don't let them bully you!!

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't let them bully you!!

Haha, well this WAS the first one!

#179 4 years ago

Damn right, now edit the title.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Damn right, now edit the title.

Thanks for the coaching

#181 4 years ago

There's a pro and a prem/le separate club threads. I say make this one for both and that way I only need to go to one place haha.

#182 4 years ago

I don't see how to change it back to a club thread instead of a stern thread..

Quoted from BOBCADE:

There's a pro and a prem/le separate club threads. I say make this one for both and that way I only need to go to one place haha.

Yes a general JP club!

#183 4 years ago

Maybe the lack of licensed assets allowed more room in the budget to pack this playfield.
The only thing that bothers me is if you aren't going to have the voice overs, then why even use the quotes from the movie? Or at least get some people to TRY to sound like a good impression of the actors.
The "hillbilly" quotes are kind of off putting.

#184 4 years ago

I um..kinda want my pro guys! But I do have some projects to finihs up so I like that the clock is on me.

#185 4 years ago

Well they are boxing them up now, so better get to work!

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Maybe the lack of licensed assets allowed more room in the budget to pack this playfield.
The only thing that bothers me is if you aren't going to have the voice overs, then why even use the quotes from the movie? Or at least get some people to TRY to sound like a good impression of the actors.
The "hillbilly" quotes are kind of off putting.

Using quotes from the movies lines it up perfectly to be replaced with the real dialog using Pinball Browser. Just like GOTG.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Using quotes from the movies lines it up perfectly to be replaced with the real dialog using Pinball Browser. Just like GOTG.

That's what I'm hoping for!

#188 4 years ago

The difference is, the voice actors in GOTG said very little outside of the movie lines.

In JP, they seem to be saying quite a bit of pinball lines, as well as lines from the movie.

Swapping out half the fake voices for the real voices may leave the game sounding "Frankenstein" for lack of a better word. I'm curious how sound modders will handle this one.

#189 4 years ago

Just replace “welcome to Jurassic Park” with the real voice and I’ll be happy. Squeeze in SLJ and it would be even better.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Just replace “welcome to Jurassic Park” with the real voice and I’ll be happy. Squeeze in SLJ and it would be even better.

You mean "English, Mother F@cker! Do you speak it?"

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The difference is, the voice actors in GOTG said very little outside of the movie lines.
In JP, they seem to be saying quite a bit of pinball lines, as well as lines from the movie.
Swapping out half the fake voices for the real voices may leave the game sounding "Frankenstein" for lack of a better word. I'm curious how sound modders will handle this one.

And that's what I'm worried about.

#192 4 years ago

The sound guys worked hard making a cohesive package of a game that not only encompasses the movie but also the Jurassic Park story.
Why not just enjoy it the way it is? Trying to make it "better" will probably make it much "worse".

Quoted from Sinestro:

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why not just enjoy it the way it is? Trying to make it "better" will probably make it much "worse".

That Sam Jackson wannabe makes me think, that’s not Sam Jackson! when I hear it. Bugs me more than a flat reading of the lines. Not a big deal though, just a game.

#194 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to the pro owners thread?

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Anyone have a link to the pro owners thread?

This is it

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The sound guys worked hard making a cohesive package of a game that not only encompasses the movie but also the Jurassic Park story.

It certainly didn't make it worse on GOTG.

As for JP, well, that's what we're trying to figure out....will it make it worse.

#197 4 years ago

Oh.

Well hell i’m in the club! Deposit sent this morning for a pro!

Can’t wait to get this sucker in the basement so me and my 4 year old can start rounding up dinosaurs.

I used his love of dinosaurs against his mom to get this purchase approved. Well I used him and surprised her with on if those peloton exercise bikes but whatever it worked!

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Oh.
Well hell i’m in the club! Deposit sent this morning for a pro!
Can’t wait to get this sucker in the basement so me and my 4 year old can start rounding up dinosaurs.

Haha me too. I was showing my 3 year old and she was loving the "dinos!"

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha me too. I was showing my 3 year old and she was loving the "dinos!"

Kids can actually come in handy from time to time.

#200 4 years ago

Getting them set!

123951(69) (resized).jpg123951(69) (resized).jpg587080684 (resized).jpg587080684 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-club-hold-on-to-your-butts/page/4?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.