(Topic ID: 247902)

Abandoned Stern JP club - Lost in the Park!

By J-Freeze

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB6AAFF0-DBA4-4F88-9BD1-E652C63E5E54 (resized).jpeg
ECFFD6F3-E1D8-4FC2-8F95-9B85D106F479 (resized).jpeg
847EDBBD-83B8-46F9-B328-AE521A4CB8D4 (resized).jpeg
20191114_175215 (resized).jpg
20191114_171102 (resized).jpg
20191114_160838 (resized).jpg
20191114_160830 (resized).jpg
20191114_120108 (resized).jpg
6B90CBFE-F816-4424-8D57-7C23F5F2212E (resized).jpeg
853A9914-4525-4106-9481-AAC12E480300 (resized).jpeg
FB261090-62C6-4403-9C89-D15FC58E1DA4 (resized).jpeg
587080684 (resized).jpg
123951(69) (resized).jpg
JP_truck_rev2-1024x646 (resized).jpg
Truck_rough-1024x768 (resized).jpg
JP-shooter (resized).jpg
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What are people hearing for delivery... End of August?

I’ve heard early August for pro

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What are people hearing for delivery... End of August?

Directly from my distributors communication...

Pros will start to ship in Late August
LE's Will start shipping in September
Premiums will start shipping in October

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Pros will start to ship in Late August

Hmmm thats what I heard to. We'll just wait and see, you never know.

#105 4 years ago

I guess it makes more sense when its framed as the events after the movie, and Nedry is a focus because he was the cause of all the chaos.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right, mid 5’s and if you lawfully buy it and pay tax, 6k

Not everyone has to pay tax. Depends on your state's laws and if you are buying from a vendor out of state and what your state does or doesn't require.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not everyone has to pay tax. Depends on your state's laws

I think there are only 3 states where no origin or destination tax collection would be legally required

#108 4 years ago

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)

17E4254C-BE23-48C3-BB0B-9D4CE107F1E5 (resized).jpeg17E4254C-BE23-48C3-BB0B-9D4CE107F1E5 (resized).jpeg410CC6B2-19AA-4FB0-805D-7650F7D19995 (resized).jpeg410CC6B2-19AA-4FB0-805D-7650F7D19995 (resized).jpeg5D525CE7-50AC-400F-B8F9-50E39719DC6C (resized).jpeg5D525CE7-50AC-400F-B8F9-50E39719DC6C (resized).jpeg
#109 4 years ago

That's f'n awesome!

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very cool, this game is looking pretty legit

#111 4 years ago

Looks awesome, can’t wait to play one on location! Looks like the Jeep has some balls attached to it that blocks shots until you hit it and then opens up/blocks another shot? Pretty cool ramps too!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think there are only 3 states where no origin or destination tax collection would be legally required

Not necessarily. Most states have a minimum threshold where an out of state business has to do $X amount of sales and/or X number of transactions per year in order to have to collect and pay the tax.

As for buyers paying the sales tax to their state in cases where the seller doesn't have to collect it? Taxation is theft, so the answer is they didn't buy anything from out of state. :p

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Animation looks like it could be decent

Agreed that looks pretty good, I said it in the main thread during the meltdown stage some pinsiders where having about no movie clips that if Stern can recreate the scenes in the movie/s but make them more pinball focused (have the T. rex eat a pinball off the toilet rather than the guy) it would be far better than movie scenes we have all seen 100s of times on loop.

#116 4 years ago

Is club thread started yet? Game looks great and curious what model serious buyers are entertaining.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:Is club thread started yet? I’m curious what model serious buyers are entertaining.

This was a club thread but it's not allowed until they start shipping.

I think I've decided to go with the premium instead of the LE just because I like the artwork on the cabinet a lot more.

#118 4 years ago

LE paid for today, can’t wait!

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

This was a club thread but it's not allowed until they start shipping.

Thanks man, seems ridiculous if game is live and dino deposits are thrown down.
I’m sure a few of us would prefer not to hunt through the other bs.

#120 4 years ago

Order a baker dozen pros and 3 Les. Can't wait

#121 4 years ago

New JP game looks pretty cool and I might be in, but I pray we won't all be fossils by the time the code gets finished.
Anyone know who's coding it?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

New JP game looks pretty cool and I might be in, but I pray we won't all be fossils by the time the code gets finished.
Anyone know who's coding it?

Sounds like same team that did Iron maiden.
The code will be fine.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Order a baker dozen pros and 3 Les. Can't wait

Spare no expense .

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks man, seems ridiculous if game is live and dino deposits are thrown down.
I’m sure a few of us would prefer not to hunt through the other bs.

I created a club thread in club forum. Should be ok now? I created Wonka club thread right at reveal which I guess was ok. Up to mod staff though ultimately. But yea would be nice to have a thread without the bs and trolls and unfortunately the first two posts in the club thread were exactly that.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

But yea would be nice to have a thread without the bs and trolls and unfortunately the first two posts in the club thread were exactly that.

WELCOME TO JURASSIC...ehhhhh pinside!

#126 4 years ago

I'm really warming up to the idea that it's a new chapter in the franchise and kind of an original concept, I think this game is going to be really extra cool for JP lovers, and the jeep is bothering me less.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Sounds like same team that did Iron maiden.
The code will be fine.

All 2 million lines of it!

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'm really warming up to the idea that it's a new chapter in the franchise and kind of an original concept, I think this game is going to be really extra cool for JP lovers, and the jeep is bothering me less.

You know that jeep is being replaced day one with an inevitable mod that will match the real car exactly so all good

#129 4 years ago

As a Jeep guy, I could not suffer that travesty to remain on any playfield I owned and would replace it immediately.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

As a Jeep guy, I could not suffer that travesty to remain on any playfield I owned and would replace it immediately.

But would you change the art too? It won’t match then.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Oh, the humanity.

#132 4 years ago

Stern JP looks fantastic and nice to see some innovation, hidden gems.

There is a Spinner, Line removed , my dumbass for not looking properly

Audio should be killer on this title, I am imagining a sub hooked up to this now.

#133 4 years ago

This game needs a shaker for sure....

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am unable to grasp why Keith did not incorporate spinner/s ?

There is a spinner.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There is a spinner.

Don’t be silly, it’s more fun to complain before fully understanding something.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There is a spinner.

I think the spinner is the dead middle shot....game is f'n packed.

As for the art and changing the jeep - in about 2 seconds I would forget about the art on the sides or translite (that I don't see during gameplay) and love the fact what I'm seeing during play is matching my expectations.....

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Alternetive translites will probably soon be available

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think the spinner is the dead middle shot....game is f'n packed.
As for the art and changing the jeep - in about 2 seconds I would forget about the art on the sides or translite (that I don't see during gameplay) and love the fact what I'm seeing during play is matching my expectations.....

The Helicopter to the right is a horizontal spinner.

#139 4 years ago

Told the wife about the new Stern Jurassic Park and said I may be interested. She said " Why would you get another Jurassic Park, we already have one." I tried explaining that one is new and one is older and they are different, she said " That's fine but we only need one, so you need to sell the old one if you want the new one."

I remember having this same conversation when Stern Star Trek came out. -You need to sell STTNG-are you flippin kidding me? I don't think so

I really like my DE JP and so we will see, but I have a feeling I will end up with both.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Told the wife about the new Stern Jurassic Park and said I may be interested. She said " Why would you get another Jurassic Park, we already have one." I tried explaining that one is new and one is older and they are different, she said " That's fine but we only need one, so you need to sell the old one if you want the new one."
I remember having this same conversation when Stern Star Trek came out. -You need to sell STTNG-are you flippin kidding me? I don't think so
I really like my DE JP and so we will see, but I have a feeling I will end up with both.

Why don’t you just keep both?

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My wife agrees with yours.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why don’t you just keep both?

I really need to play the new one and fall in love with it. It could be hit or miss for me. I love the theme-so that holds a lot of weight. My main concern is the cheesy plastic truck with newton ball attached-looks really lack luster, and the T-Rex spitting the ball out randomly on playfield. Looks cringe worthy at times watching the ball hit ramps, etc. I do like the third flipper with guard station shot-looks satisfying. My DE JP is going nowhere-so it really comes down to how much fun will the new version be. I was hoping for a Jurassic World with subway ramps, etc. so time will tell if the new Stern JP does anything for me.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ask yourself: Are you verry attached to your wife? Out with the old in with the new!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really need to play the new one and fall in love with it. It could be hit or miss for me. I love the theme-so that holds a lot of weight. My main concern is the cheesy plastic truck with newton ball attached-looks really lack luster, and the T-Rex spitting the ball out randomly on playfield. Looks cringe worthy at times watching the ball hit ramps, etc. I do like the third flipper with guard station shot-looks satisfying. My DE JP is going nowhere-so it really comes down to how much fun will the new version be. I was hoping for a Jurassic World with subway ramps, etc. so time will tell if the new Stern JP does anything for me.

The truck fits with the rest of the art, but I'm sure there will be a super detailed custom mod replacement soon for those that don't care for it.

Dropping the ball is fine, the ramps are metal and there will be mylar between the pop bumpers anyway, and a pop bumper cap is like $3.

You'll never see the dimpling up at the end of the PF either.

#145 4 years ago

I’m lucky, my wife gives me a full pass on pinball stuff and likes to play games and go to conventions with me. She even helped remodel our basement game room.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Im going to get one and put it beside my DE JP and my full sized Raptor. I've even started my search for the Sega version. Plan is to have a full corner of JP stuff. Who doesn't love JP?

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dropping the ball is fine, the ramps are metal

The left ramp is plastic made.

#148 4 years ago

I'm wondering why they went with yellow speaker surrounds on the LE instead of the more obvious green (to match the trim)? Unless they thought it was already too much green and they thought yellow (to match the logo border color) would be a better choice.

In any case....I will have green and many other color / style 5.25" speaker surrounds available soon on my website....along with other 5.25" speaker mods and accessories that should make a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade more affordable for people that are interested.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

JP LE (resized).jpgJP LE (resized).jpgGreen (resized).JPGGreen (resized).JPGAssorted Speaker Surrounds (resized).JPGAssorted Speaker Surrounds (resized).JPG
#149 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm wondering why they went with yellow speaker surrounds on the LE instead of the more obvious green (to match the trim)? Unless they thought it was already too much green and they thought yellow (to match the logo border color) would be a better choice.
In any case....I will have green and many other color / style 5.25" speaker surrounds available soon on my website....along with other 5.25" speaker mods and accessories that should make a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade more affordable for people that are interested.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doug is there any chance you could make a lit version for the rings? To replicate the BM66SLE speaker ring lights for other games in various colours?

#150 4 years ago

Hoping to catch the eye of any rando that might be near it, basically it's an old advertising tactic.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Why, in the name of Zeus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-club-hold-on-to-your-butts/page/3?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.