(Topic ID: 324084)

Stern Jurassic Park - Are rules intuitive for casuals?

By Doc_VanNostrand

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

puke-sick.gif
    1006221759f (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustJared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 1 year ago

I have mixed feelings about buying pins for others vs. myself. I buy pins that are only super kid friendly in theme.

I've had a Beatles and loved it, if I had a bigger collection (5-ish pins, I might pick one up again). That is a simple ruleset for people to follow.

OP, have you thought about an Iron Man? Bash toy, ramps, fun game.

I had a JP LE at my house for about 4 months, it got old how difficult it was. I realized I was not a good enough player at the time to really make progress in the game. I would have it again someday, but for me, I was ready to let it go. (It was a loaner I was shopping out for a friend)

One of the reasons we have multiple games is because some are easy, some are difficult. We aren't all the same skill level and all have different moods. I don't think there is one perfect game for everyone.

Rush Prem is the newest game in my home and I love the flow. The kiddos like it too. BM 66 is one that people gravitate towards with the moving crane. It is also a killer game.

With that being said, if you have spent time on JP and love it, get it. There is enough at the beginning of the game that a casual will have fun with and enough in it to keep you busy for years to come.

Let us know what you decide.

#46 1 year ago

I have 3 girls with a 4th on the way. I can talk family friends pins all day long.
    One things to note. You will want a second pin eventually. One, something simpler, and rhe 2nd, most likely Rush or an Elwin game (biased opinion)
    Think of this as a decision for your initial pin. If you accept that, your decision becomes easier. I believe the rumor is that CGC eventually plans to rerun MM. If so, plan on getting one. I do.
    Thoughts on that suggestion?
    My kids like rush, BM 66 is a bit deep but easy to start the crane (penguin) mode and fairly easy to start a Shame 2 ball multiball.
    When we had JP LE at the house they liked the Dino, but overall the game was too difficult. I'm picking up a Mando for a couple months and can let you know what they think of it.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doc_VanNostrand:

Great suggestion. I've thought about it. I need the movie code. It makes the game for me! Before it came out, I remember being so disappointed with the "welcome to Jurassic Park" in the Australian accent or whatever that is.... I couldn't get over it

I put the movie code on the JP I owned. It's good. Jp is a game that should hold value. If you can get a premium at the "old" new price, jump on it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustJared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-are-rules-intuitive-for-casuals?tu=JustJared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.