177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#961 3 years ago

I’ve personally undergone similar issues with development I’ve done on another project. You may or may not understand the situation, but I assure you it is quite real. Believe Tim when he says that he will have to stop any further development/modifications. The actions of a few will ruin it for everyone.

Therefore, I encourage everyone to have a little self-discipline, and to follow the rules as clearly outlined. For those not following the simple rules, please stop being lazy, oblivious, selfish, or whatever other behavior you are exhibiting to skirt the defined process.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I truly can't understand people that will pay thousands for a new game but won't chip in a small donation to pay for an upgrade and to compensate someone for their time and efforts. It's the slightest bit disgusting, actually.
I donated once, then was so impressed with timlah79 's work, I tripled my donation. Don't be a cheap bastard.

Personally, I've done projects where I openly shared but requested donations of users felt led to do so (don't get me wrong, I also do a lot of "for pay" only projects). When on the "donations are optional" side of things, I had no issue with users who chose not to contribute. Typically, when doing such things it is not for the money, and if certain people give then that is appreciated, but if not that's okay too (I don't judge either way). However, anyone not following the requested rules is a completely different story.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Since Balena Etcher is a NO GO for PC and a gamble for Mac I felt the need to post specific instructions for Mac users for flashing the custom code properly to their SD card using Mac's built in Terminal app. (Instructions gleaned from: https://osxdaily.com/2018/04/18/write-image-file-sd-card-dd-command-line/)
I have tested this method successfully but I take no responsibility if you brick your Mac.
1. Extract the .raw file from the .zip folder and note which folder it's been extracted to.
2. Plug the new SD card into your reader/writer
3. Open up the Terminal app
4. Navigate to the folder where you have the .raw file (i.e. type: cd Downloads)
5. type: diskutil list
Now you should see the disk # of your SD drive 2, 3, 4, etc.
This example assumes you are flashing jurassic_park_le-1_02_37TS_D31_ORIG_END.raw and your SD card came up as disk # 4 If not, replace that 4 with whatever number your SD card is and replace the filename accordingly.
6. Unmount the SD by typing: diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4
7. Write to the SD by typing: sudo dd if=jurassic_park_le-1_02_37TS_D31_ORIG_END.raw of=/dev/rdisk4; sync
8. Hit enter and wait
NOTE: In between those steps you'll likely get prompted by your Mac to allow changes to permissions. I assume you know how to do this. It will want you to pull up some preferences and you'll need to click the unlock/padlock icon to unlock and allow for the permissions it needs.

Could a Mac user not just run a Windows VM, or is there some kind of hardware level issue?

#1052 3 years ago

Well, I would say we are quickly running out of time. I would go one step further than Tim and suggest even if not you, but you recognize any of the addresses he posted then it’s time for you to speak up. There are obviously two problems here: 1) those who are attempting to gain access outside of the defined process, and 2) even worse, those who are sharing the information outside of the manner they agreed to.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The obsession continues... A couple people have mentioned that the last clip in the bonus end screen is a little distracting/abrupt. Does this look any better to you guys? I'm open to suggestions! Keep in mind that this sequence is 4 video locations not just one long video. I have to carefully time and string all together, then hope the machine plays them in the intended timing/sync with the music.

That's an improvement IMO.

1 week later
#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

A little confused... so I have my JP prem showing up Tuesday and I have tims sd card loaded up and ready. If my pin comes with the latest update, can I use tims card? Thanks!!

Look up the page a few posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/24#post-5945654

I'm in the same boat, and the custom code was literally what put me into the buy column on this pin. Mine isn't scheduled to arrive until last next week, but after I get a few games in just to experience it, I'm going straight to the custom code.

1 week later
#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

lol. It's called the knocker. All pinball machines have it - either physical (coil & plunger) or digital (sound). It means you won a free game. It's pretty integral to the pinball experience. It's meant to let every know: HEY THIS PERSON WON A FREE GAME!!!!!
I put a real knocker in mine, thinking it would be quieter than the knocker sound. It is not. It's LOUDER. lol

That's funny, I wondered what he was talking about. BTW, my favorite video game back in the day was Q-Bert, and one of the big contributing factors was the knocker in the cabinet that went off every time the snake jumped off the puzzle.

#1278 3 years ago

Awesome detailed write up. Not only do we all appreciate what you are bringing to this pin, but your attention to detail and passion for the project speak a lot about just how much you want the game to be as good as it can be for all of us.

Thank you for your efforts, and thank you for letting us all share in the experience with you.

#1299 3 years ago

Don't know if it's just me or everyone, but I just received my file share link. If you've not checked your linked email account in the last few minutes, you may want to.

#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Have a Tantrum and get your way!

I'm not above throwing myself on the floor kicking and screaming.

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm not above throwing myself on the floor kicking and screaming.

Actually, I just saw the amendment at the bottom of Tim's 1.03 post stating that he was able to resolve the Google share issue.

Looks like we're back in business! Burning the 1.03 image as I type.

#1308 3 years ago

Just installed 1.03 and went as smoothly as expected. Played a couple of games, and everything worked perfectly. Also, I noticed that the raptor pit voice track now aligns perfectly with the video (as stated in the 1.03 release notes). Great work and thank you, Tim!

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So this is only available if you give a donation?

No, but you will need to contact Tim via his instructions. For this last version he proactively sent links to those who donated as he is trying to limit those who are violating his usage rules. In my mind, it figures that those who have donated are more likely to follow the rules since they are financially invested to some extent in the project.

1 week later
#1475 3 years ago

This game is quickly becoming my favorite, and I never thought anything would overtake AFM.

#1477 3 years ago

Game just has a great flow to it, and the variety of objectives and things to do is far beyond the other pins I've owned. Then again, this is my first Stern (modern or otherwise), and I must say that I'm extremely impressed.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Now its time to move out GW2 and get your next modern game.

Well, if a Matrix pin came along or maybe even a John Wick, I might be down for that.

2 months later
#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from gum34:

Hello Everyone,
Need a little assistance and my apologies of this has already been addressed. I have the Pro version of the game the proper 1.03 file for the audio project and 1.03 is installed on my game. I have back up my settings on a USB as well.
I am on Mac, extracted the ZIP to the raw file using Winzip for Mac then I used the BalenaEtcher to flash a 16GB SD Card that is Class 10. I understand using Mac may be the cause of the issue, if this is the case please let me know and I will try on Windows when I can get access.
My problem is the game gets stuck in a restarting loop when I fire it up when the new SD card, if I hit one of the flipper buttons during the boot up it will proceed to boot up and the game has the updated video/audio. Problem is the game will reset during play and a lot of the video freezes.
I have tried several times to re-flash the image on to the SD card, no success. Should I try again from the start using a fresh SD card?
Still need to figure out Paypal but I will be supporting Tim when I can!
Thank you in advance!

Hard to tell, but as yo mention do you have any friends who own a Windows PC? If so, follow the same process using Win32DiskImager and see what the results are?

6 months later
#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes, just stay Stern insider dis-connected for now in order to keep it.

Looks like I'll be a "Stern Outsider" for some time to come.

6 months later
#1737 2 years ago

By no means is this a criticism of Stern nor the quality of the individuals that work there (I don't know them), but developing, for lack of a better term, anti-piracy technologies into their systems would require an extremely high level of both hardware and software engineering, in addition to a significant expense for them to do so. Not to mention, the complications that could artificially arise that would require additional tech support. Then there is the constant, never ending, back and forth of addressing hacks of their security each time it is cracked (and it will be).

I assure you that people who know how to develop such technologies are highly compensated, or if there are security technologies that can be licensed/outsourced they are quite expensive. Quite possibly Stern has done the analysis and determined that going down this path is just not feasible. However, that doesn't mean that they have given up. Rather, they just approach the issue from a legal perspective. In other words, they issue warnings, change EULAs, and make it clear there are legal consequences (assuming they act on them) for anyone violating their IP stipulations. I'm sure at some point, there will be someone or some entity that is made an example of. Typically doing this once or twice is enough to deter the vast majority of others from doing it in the future once they see the true consequences of such actions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.