177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#126 4 years ago

Set up my Pro today. The first time I heard a Samuel Jackson line done in someone else's voice, I wondered if I could modify the files. I was happy to stumble across this thread. I have several friends with ProTools, and I have the Blu-Ray. If you guys need any help, I'm willing.

20200309_132939 (resized).jpg20200309_132939 (resized).jpg
#129 4 years ago

After poking around, it looks like there was a topper available for a while for this machine. Is anyone still making one, or maybe have a 3D printing file?

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I got mine from https://tilttopper.com/ and really like it.

I left a message, haven't heard back. I gathered that they are no longer making them.

1 month later
#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Good thing no one's dropped any custom code in the last week given Stern's landed up with 1.01 today. I jumped into the other project's custom audio two days ago just after it's release and have played one game since doing so prior to today's new code. Looking forward to the results of this project though .

Anything interesting in the update?

#170 3 years ago

I was playing tonight and noticed that a couple of things on the 1.01 update are a bit funky. The "Nedry" lane doesn't activate anymore, and the virtual knocker goes off before the egg is flipped over. My machine is new, I highly doubt that the switch has failed for good-old Dennis. I sent Stern an e-mail, I'll be curious to see their reply. Has anyone found an easy way to roll back to the previous version?

2 months later
#283 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

This code is that good that the lack of Pro version is literally a deciding factor in my next pin purchase. Can't afford a Premium sadly

Some time ago, timlah79 had opened the possibility for an experienced Pin-Browser user to make it Pro compatible. My understanding is that it is a lot of work to program the differences. I don't know if anyone has reached out to him yet with those skills. Maybe running out of Prem/LE machines will eventually work in the Pro owner's favor on this endeavor. This is a mod that I would be willing to pay for. I'm sure others would too.

1 week later
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

QQ for all of those who've spent time with my code. Has anyone heard, "Clever Girl" from the movie yet? I actually can't remember the last time I did or if I ever have, actually. I did swap out that exact same callout in the game's stock actor(s) lines with the movie version. I thought when doing so it played during some part of the build-up to or during raptor MB itself (there are all kinds of variations I replaced in that entire sequence). Now I'm thinking either the game doesn't play that script ever OR that it's only triggered during the "Raptors In The Kitchen" mode (which I have only got to a couple times). I'd love to know if anyone has heard it in any part of their playing time and when.

I did hear, "Clever Girl!" It made me smile when it came across. I wasn't paying attention to what triggered it.

I did the USB only, FULL + Verify over 1.01 code. 1.0 is now the active installation. It has seemed to work flawlessly, except for the first test game. (See Photo) It displayed "MODE NAME" under T-REX. I presume the label "MODE NAME" is a coding place holder that shouldn't be displayed. After rebooting, I haven't seen it since, so it might have been a fluke. This might be a Stern 1.0 issue, not one from @timlah79.

This really does take the game to another level. I just have to keep my kids from mentioning the aforementioned Jeff Goldbloom line about the dung pile to my wife!

20200704_231615 (resized).jpg20200704_231615 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#460 3 years ago

What changes on Pro 1.0 to 1.02? When I rolled back to 1.0 to get the custom audio, I didn't feel like I missed anything code wise, but just gained the audio that should have been from the factory.

#462 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

This is a GREAT question! Even on my LE with my custom 1.02 I have yet to really notice any gameplay difference/improvements that I would care about, let alone no better T-Rex catching, etc. etc. (despite what's been put into the 1.02 release notes). In fact the only difference I have noticed is a negative--What I mentioned above about 1.02 triggering less callouts (just playing FX as is instead). I dunno. To me it seems that there's no clearly identifiable improvement from 1.00 to 1.01 to 1.02 for an average player like myself. I think this is even more true for Pro owners but I don't have a reference point. Happy to hear other's thoughts on this.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the exercise of your proof of getting around the new impediments to utilizing pinbrowser are worthwhile. But i think I'll stay on my stable 1.0 until there is a marked improvement on gameplay. Keep up the good work!

#486 3 years ago

timlah79 ,

How about incorporating Hammond's "I don't blame others for their mistakes, but I do expect them to pay for them." There are several endings to modes that this could be triggered by this.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Would it fit better in a ball drain (timing wise)?

That is what I meant, draining while in the midst of a mode. For instance, when the truck falls off the cliff and you just hear, "aaaahhhhhh!"

timlah79 , I think cutting the pause out of the clip would be appropriate, no matter what. I'm guessing the line is that long in the movie so that the camera can go back and forth between them for effect.

1 week later
#525 3 years ago

We need someone who knows Samuel L Jackson or Jeff Goldbloom to record those little clips.

I think it would actually be hilarious to use "come on. Quit stalling" from Coming to America.

3 weeks later
#692 3 years ago

An idea just popped in my mind while reading these last few posts: there is a setting for "allow fast boot" in the menu. Is it possible that the changes between code are causing the system to be looking for components in slightly different locations? If this were the case, I'd imagine that you would need to change this menu item before upgrading, so that SPIKE does a full clean boot from the start with the new code.

3 weeks later
#847 3 years ago

timlah79 , Awesome! I look forward to trying out the Pro version later this week. I just downloaded it. BTW, I have a folder for each of my games. The sub folders are factory, and "Nedry."

#869 3 years ago

I just upgraded from audio only to the audio/ video version. I had the same reaction as the movie characters:

20201008_223056 (resized).jpg20201008_223056 (resized).jpg
#878 3 years ago

I played about a dozen games on my pro last night. No restarts. My daughter even commented, "how do you get T-Rex every game?!" IOW, plenty of opportunity for restart if there was an issue.

1 week later
#986 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I just want to see footage of my current, custom code version where it shows what you said about having to "wait" for the video to end before you can continue playing (aka showing that you have to wait for the video to end before the ball gets released--that's what I assume you're describing?).

I'm pretty sure that I've been able to release the ball prior to the video ending by holding both flippers.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

After playing with this code the only thing I found a little odd is when you get an extra ball. The shot of the raptor trying to bust through the pipes comes up and I can’t really hear the quote that plays. Did the original have “Shoot again” text that’s missing now? I was playing a multiplayer game with a couple people and almost didn’t realize there was an extra ball. Everything else is excellent!

I believe it says, "life found a way" during that clip.

#1007 3 years ago

Thanks so much for your work on this, @timlah79! This has taken an already great game to a new level.

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from NeedaVirus:

Can we propose here some ideas / suggestions ?
Thanks,
Best regards

The guy said he's done for a while. He's already spent months on this. How about we enjoy what he's made and updated more than once and leave the man alone. Go back and read the 1017 posts and hopefully you will come to the same realization.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from Ekymooz:

I must fait 48hours ... I m new here =(

Small price to pay. It's worth the wait and 10x what you have paid for it.

2 weeks later
#1158 3 years ago

I had some node board issues when I went from 1.01 back to 1.0 for Tim's first version. I do believe that there is some flash memory component on at least some of the node boards. In my case, it was a node board 9 overcurrent. After going back to Tim's 1.01, and then on to 1.02, I've never recieved the warnings again.

That being said, not every update would appear to make that level of change. The release notes from Stern usually indicate when node board updates occur. I don't think these issues will damage a machine with a node software mismatch, but it will generate trouble codes because it causes things to be out of spec.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

Ok thanks. I was worried I have to find a copy of 1.02 and install. Thanks!!

This is essentially what you are doing with Tim's file. But as Mark just mentioned, each SD card represents the totality of the OS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.