177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dimthedaylights.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In case this helps.....I strongly recommend getting this sd card.
amazon.com link »
Only use win32img to flash.
I have yet to have any issues with the ultimate code using the card above and the win32 and I've played many many games on it. PC user so can't comment on MAC. Good luck and enjoy.

Check that link, just points to your “buy again”

1 week later
#732 3 years ago

Just got my premium
Today installed latest video/audio code with terminal on a Mac. No issues

#736 3 years ago

I’m using the recommended Sandisk 16gb. No issues thus far.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

As a follow up to this, I took it all back to the PBrowser dev and tried all of the above steps with a stock JP 1.02 download. Same results. I sent him the most meticulous of details and he has no advice other than that Balena Etcher is unreliable if you're trying to flash code that has video edits. You'll need to use either the PBrowser's flash tool or Win32DiskImager.
I even took it a step further today and experimented with importing videos from my working audio only edited version. I got some errors upon hitting save in PB during one import, but as long as I flashed the result using PB's feature or Win32DiskImager, the game loaded up just fine and no restarts have happened in game. Plus all like 6 of my custom videos are playing without issue.
What I did do is make sure each video I import is the exact same timing as the stock. The current 30TS and 31TS versions do still have videos that are longer than the stock ones which I feel is always going to pose a problem. I think it's best practice to only import videos OR sounds with durations in parity but at the same time who knows if that's even part of this issue. In no way am I saying that Delt's longer videos are the root issue here, it's just a hunch b/c I know from all the audio work I've done A) the duration limits the playback of a given sound and B) b/c of A I've been meticulous about adding sounds that are <= the stock's expectation and C) If you import a longer video, the firmware + game triggers don't limit its duration as it does with audio imports.
It's also important to note that other folks importing videos to other game firmwares are having the same issues (a recent pinsider has been struggling with the same with Aerosmith for example). So I'm just saying that this isn't JP specific. This still could be a PB bug OR just a standard Stern bug when it comes to all the variables involved in video files (frame rates, duration, size, aspect ratio) in general.
Moral of this story currently IMHO:
Don't use Balena Etcher if you can avoid it.
PC users need to use PB for flashing to SD or Win32DiskImager. Do not use Balena Etcher.
Mac users - we need to find a reliable flashing app for you. I really don't know what else is out there but a different app could be the end all resolution for you guys.

My advice to the Mac guys: (myself included). Use terminal to write the code, I’ve had no issues doing it this way.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I am aware of the terminal way of doing it but I've never tried. I also feel like it's super sketchy if you don't know what you're doing. Would you mind posting precise steps that we can share with Mac users?

Just followed this: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/mac.md

Mac running Catalina

1 week later
#823 3 years ago

Installed and played a few games with no issue. Great work!

1 month later
#1221 3 years ago

This is great news! Except curious what’s the Mac exclusion about? Or are you just saying you don’t wanna hand hold Mac users anymore?

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

The only weird sound I get is during the egg turn at the end of the game. If it matches it unleashes an awful sound. I wish I could shut that off.

you can turn off the knocker

#1310 3 years ago

Can confirm did not received the email but do see once logged into my google drive! Thanks timlah79 for everything you do. You really do go above and beyond for this project.

1 month later
#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

just picked up a pro today and absolutely want to update with Tim's custom code. I'm not super tech savvy but I'm dangerous enough to get it done I think ha. all I need is a separate SD card and the link to the code?

Don’t be scared it’s super Easy and Tim provides a great guide. Read through this thread as well. If you can follow directions you can do this. Congrats on your pro!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dimthedaylights.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=dimthedaylights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.