177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...says everyone except PoMC !

Why would you tag me in this thread? So what? I don't like this project.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I say any critics make their own custom codes.
I’ll support it with a donation too.
Mo talent, mo options, mo better.

I have. Mustang, Metallica, Black Knight SOR, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith (added concert and music video footage) and a few others I’m forgetting.

Want my PayPal address?

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Why don’t you put them up as free downloads so all of us can openly shit-can them?

They are and you can find the links in each club thread. Except Aerosmith because that's my personal project that I'm always tweaking. I even post long gameplay videos showing the updates so people can check it out first, or the curious non-owners are not left out.

Go for it and have fun.

1 week later
#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Whats in the Ghostbusters one?

Can’t recall all off the top of my head. But it has a more Blues Brothers music vibe, fun and energetic. I didn’t like the widely available custom audio because it relied on the movie soundtrack, which was awful.

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Whats in the Ghostbusters one?

Found my notes and the download link may still be valid:

I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.

I've been working off the Mudflaps Pro version. I installed that right when I got the game from a friend in a temp trade. I had to update the code to 1.17 and then just installed the Mudflaps soundtrack and only played a few games on stock sounds. So I'm not actually sure what were his edits and what are stock sounds. But these are the changes I've made:

Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!

Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.

Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.

Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tine Turner.

Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.

Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris

Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy.

Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie

Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

Google Drive link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ni5vFjL-ffJYfWyDTWuAnnavTfhyDV6k/view?usp=sharing

1 week later
#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Really shows where our tastes very much clash. GB II soundtrack is super cool for me though and takes me back, Bobby Brown, Doug E Fresh, Run DMC, New Edition.

Yup, our tastes certainly clash if you enjoy that soundtrack on a pinball machine.

2 months later
#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PoMC Is still being an ultimate troll seemingly out of nowhere. Lurking and downvoting all my posts as of late. I'd already blocked him due to his previous disrespectful posts but I still see his downvotes. I have no patience for this kind of ignorant behavior. Unsure what his vendetta is but it's unwarranted.
I just PM'd him: "Dude I don't know what your vendetta about me is all about but please quit trolling me. Leave my posts alone please. If you feel that's an unreasonable ask, please send me your phone number so we can discuss as adults."
I hope he responds in a reasonable manner. This dirtbag, kid game he's playing detracts from what this community is all about. I'll update if he responds.

What the fuck are you talking about? Don’t tag me in stupid shit like this. I’m not replying to any message you sent me since you posted publicly here because I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. Nor do I care.

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

EDIT: It appears this was a misunderstanding, he PM'd me today to clarify. Sorry to ignite an unnecessary manhunt. As many of you know I've been put through a lot of BS so of course negative land is where my mind goes... I apologize.

And the guy wonders why he got a few downvotes from me?

"unnecessary manhunt", "negative land is where my mind goes" - his own words. He harasses people and loses his mind if they didn't get the update directly from him.

Why doesn't he understand that once something is released on the internet or "out in the wild", he has zero control over it? He really needs to lighten up. He's so paranoid that Stern is going to sue him over the Jurassic Park IP movie assets he used for the mod he sells and profits on.

#1640 2 years ago

Everyone should just focus on themself. Don't worry about why I don't like something that you do. Also, don't let that Timlah guy get you riled up over something that is none of your business.

1 month later
#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

do you have a video of your custom aerosmith? would love to see it.

Long video showing the different video changes on this particular version.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5

This video shows the current Back in the Saddle video. Other link above shows a prior version at the end. This video also shows the Run DMC Walk This Way video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

7 months later
#1731 2 years ago

Can you link to these horror stories about people being locked out of their machine because of using insider connected with custom code? I am using my personal custom code on four different machines with insider connected with no issues at all. Aerosmith, Star Wars, Jurassic Park and avengers.

How wouldStern know that audio or video clips have been replaced? They can’t see the contents of the files. No one is altering the “code” of the game to allow for higher scores or rule changes. If Stern was scanning the code image, they wouldn’t find any discrepancies. We can’t add longer songs or videos than the existing slots allow.

It is fine to update the images that support insider connected.

That said, I don’t care what anyone does with their games and if they update or not. So do whatever you feel comfortable with.

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Actually it would be pretty easy for Stern to see that the data block section has changed if They wanted to. They own the operating system and could easily scan the data block anytime they wish and compare the actual checksum against the expected checksum and report any discrepancy next time the internet is accessed for any reason. That said, no evidence yet they have anything like that in place, nor that they plan to.

Does anyone REALLY believe Stern would brick customers' pinball machines?

Evidence they currently are not done anything, is me. Multiple "custom code" versions of all the games I listed. I swapped several SD cards in Aerosmith last night alone. The new Rush mix I made and the Motley Crue mix I made a few weeks back.

#1740 2 years ago

Maybe when I finish a few other custom updates for some new games I have, I’ll update the Jurassic Park custom assets on the connected code.

1 week later
#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Couldn't you just not allow the pin to call out when running the custom code? A simple network rule would completely shut it off from the outside. Unless you are saying you think it would know custom code used to be installed before switching back to the connected code?

Don't connect to wifi or remove the wifi USB dongle if installed.

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'll be getting a newly built premium soon with IC pre-installed and probably 1.05. Will swapping SD cards between the 1.03/1.05 versions update the node boards to the proper firmware each time automatically? And I'm assuming that 1.03 has no issues with the IC node board being installed and just ignores it?

Yup, I swap between code versions on all my games and it will update the node boards as needed. No big deal.

2 months later
#1761 1 year ago

Most people overlook just using Pinball Browser itself to write the image to the SD card. Won’t help for Macs, but if you use Windows, keep it simple. Unlicensed PB allows writing images and it always works.

1 month later
#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from tokyo0709:

Just got the custom code up and running on our JP Pro last night on a separate SD card and it works great. I did notice however that everytime we switch from the Custom Code 1.03 back to the Original Code (IC) 1.05 that the Node boards perform an update. It all works fine but I'm wondering if there will be an issue updating the boards so frequently. I have young kids at home so I'd like to keep them on the OOTB code and then potentially switch in the evenings when my Wife and I want to play. Any thoughts on that?

Totally fine. The node boards will be "updated" every time you switch SD cards/code.

Check out this project, I'm "playing" Stranger Things Premium/LE code on an Aerosmith Pro. All good. The node boards get flashed with whatever software is on the SD card.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/13#post-7046325

1 month later
#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

This poses an excellent question, which I dont think Tim addressed in his post. If he is not supporting it any longer, does that mean people can distribute the code themselves to others (which before he forbid), or does he still want people who already have it to keep it to themselves?

Once you have it, it’s yours to do with what you please.

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

That's not what people agreed to before they were given the code.

It was included when I bought my game from someone. It’s also advertised as a mod in everyone’s for sale ad.

Anyone can do whatever they want.

I have the latest version if anyone wants it and cannot get it.

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

It's this kind of attitude that is a deterrent to the content creators of these type of projects.

Doesn't deter me. I have freely provided all my custom updates for many games.

When I give someone the link, file or mail an SD card to them, ummm...yeah it's theirs. Imposing restrictions or trying to enforce pirating of a pirated product (custom code using copywrited material) is a joke.

#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

If you had read the agreement provided by the developer, you would know he has a reasonable and legal answer to the issue of use of copywrited material. It most certainly was NOT "pirated". But, you wouldn't know this as you acquired this in a means against the explicit instructions from the developer. You also wouldn't know that the developer strictly and explicitly prohibits further distribution of his work, precisely because he's working within the legal framework of personal use of copywritten material. Finally, you wouldn't know that the user certifies they legally own this copywritten material as a condition of their obtaining his work for their own, personal use.

Words I’m not reading. You’re wasting your time. Move on. It’s not your concern.

Already 6 messages from people wanting a copy from me since they cannot get it themselves.

#1807 1 year ago

I'm passing along code to people who WANT it for their game and it is no longer being provided apparently.

Fuck off if you don't like it. None of your goddamn business anyway. You've got your code loaded already, right? But no one else can now get it and you're fine with it? What if it was YOU that needed the code right now? You'd be thanking me like MANY other guys are doing. My inbox has been blowing up with requests for the links.

Fuck you very much.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Boy...you are a class act.... too bad you are so far away.... love to meet for a beer....

It’s a small world and everyone is just a plane flight away.

1 week later
#1811 1 year ago

Torrent link for the Pro and Premium/LE images so anyone can download for themselves any time in the future and not email me for the links.

-mod note: torrent link removed, please do not post links to other peoples work without their permission-

#1813 1 year ago

You can download it yourself from here.

"-mod note: torrent link removed, please do not post links to other peoples work without their permission-"

1 week later
#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from MardyFlip:

Hi all
I've just managed to get my hands on a JP Pro here in the UK, and i was following some links that led me here about the custom 1.05 code that might have been available?
Can anyone let me know how it is possible to obtain now.
Many Thanks

PM sent

#1817 1 year ago

Well, maybe the mods could simply lock the thread since this project is no longer being supported?

And per the mods, you're not supposed make inflammatory posts. Just report it, don't comment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=PoMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.