177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PeterG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#273 3 years ago

Put this on my jple today. Very cool. Highly recommended.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How do you get this code?

PM to TIMLAH79

1 week later
#351 3 years ago

Guys, you have an option to choose. So pick the one you like! Timlay79 gave us this option. For me the version is perfect. I like it a lot, maybe I revert back to the original code once we get a new version, maybe not. Agian I have options.

#374 3 years ago

I would say, take a break, let's wait on the next version, maybe then start the work on macro's. As I understand the macro will include the new sound file and the adress it should be regarding the firmware, so you do not share the firmware but only the reference to the adres and the new file. Same like how ColorDMD works. This would be a great thing for the future since there is no need to discuss copyright material.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I simply don't believe that pbbrowser helps Stern sell more games... full stop.
It is my belief that for every person who actually believes they "only" bought the pin because of a custom sound package there would be someone lined up right behind them who doesn't even know pbbrowser exists to buy the game. Stern doesn't need pbbrowser one bit.

For myself. I would not buy GOTG without the updated sounds. I am still on the fence for buying that game since it is an older game and wonder if playfield is good from that time. But if I can not update the sound on that machine, I would not buy it. It depends per pinball. I do not think JPO is bad in sound, but Tim version is very welcome. Same on 3lvira, no need there to change much. Older games are fun to mess around with, like all the new sets I have for my Tron LE, great music mixes.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Stern hasn’t lost a sale in the end they’ve just sold it someone else.

no, they could have sold one more.

#405 3 years ago

Yes you can buy a GOTG LE new in box. But for stern they already sold it since it is at the distributor and LE’s are limited. Would it be a premium, then they could sell one more.

2 weeks later
#435 3 years ago

Question, I have Tim's code on my machine and burned another SD with code 1.02 using etcher and the stern code from their site. Can I just swap code? One week 1.02 and the other week the 1.0 version from Tim? Any issues with node boards updates etc. I really do not want to brick my machine.

#439 3 years ago

Thanks I will try this approach.

#451 3 years ago

Oh damn, I am on vacation next weeks so no access to my JPLE tot test.

#458 3 years ago

I will PM you in a week of two when I am home again. Can’t wait to test it on my machine.

2 weeks later
#562 3 years ago

Amazing!

1 week later
#610 3 years ago

Whow the presents just keep coming, and it ain't even christmas yet! Thanks for a ll the work. Now downloading.

#686 3 years ago

LE owner here, on SanDisk ultra 16gb card, used Windows with win32diskimager. No issues with the install, direct ok, no node board updates etc. Only settings are gone, played 2 games both trex multiball. No issues. Looks great. Such a huge improvement. Thanks for all the work! Will be testing more this weekend.

#694 3 years ago

Played JP with the code for 2 hours. No issues. Plays perfect. Only sometimes movie and speech is not completely in sync but only minor things. The whole looks great. Now if i only could play better.

1 week later
#784 3 years ago

I had now 1 crash during T-rex multibal and the first paddock was running. Played over 25 games. Will test this more.

1 week later
#806 3 years ago

The new version looks awesome and final. End sequence is nice. And also see there is no more delay on T-REX mutliball. Looking forward to this version.
Tons of video footage looks great.

1 week later
#947 3 years ago

Finally got to get this on my machine. Great, even better than the previous version. T-rex is now perfect. I reached visitor centre for the first time. So good. Did not find any issues. I used the 36 version on a LE with win32disk manager on 16GB Sandisk SD card. Mutliple T-rex events.

2 weeks later
#1103 3 years ago

Downloading, takes over 1 hour!!!! Their site is not the fastest!

1 week later
#1180 3 years ago

This sucks that you have to play police like that. Maybe there is a good reason but it for now......
Good luck trying to get these people on th eline, I think that will never work, people always ruin all that is beautiful.

Hope Pinball Browser manages to crack the code again, untill then I just stay with the latest 1.02 version which is really complete in my eyes.
Thanks for all the work. Hope you can get some rest now

#1201 3 years ago

So Pinball Browser version 7.6 fixed the issue. Great job!

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Can you be more specific regarding "the issue"? Do you mean the block has been worked around and the custom track can be installed on 1.03?

yes

2 weeks later
#1406 3 years ago

I also have those pseudo partities. I just ignore them and the SD card will do fine. But inderdaad strange to see d, e, f and G. D is indeed called boot stern

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The oddest thing about gorgar666 's situation during our screenshare is that the extra "partitions" / "drives" didn't pop in Windows until literally we clicked OK on the Win32 write success popup post flashing. When he plugged in the multi-reader with a fresh SD (Just FAT32, nothing on it, no name) before the flashing steps, Windows didn't do anything but mount the single drive/partition w/ no name. It's as if since after flashing the SD get's a name (boot stern), does Windows go nuts trying to separate the multi-reader's slots into blank drive letters telling you to format or w/e. It's gotta be some Linux vs. Windows confusion. I've seen similar behavior when it's simply someone using their internal SD writer... Dunno. But it is harmless like I said, just confusing as all hell when this happens.

Well I use a Single bay USB to SDCard reader since my Microsoft Surface does not have a SD card slot. Still get multiple letters, but whatever, it works.

#1439 3 years ago

Tim,

As far as I do recognize the greatness and awesomeness of this 'mod' I would not be too much public about this. And Twipy is way to much public for that. I understand you can get away with certain use of IP in re-mix, own use, community purpose. But you are now clear since you are not selling this so there is no direct financial gain. Many mods on pinside stay just under the radar but are actually IP infringements.
I would just stay where you are, appreciate your small audience, your recognition here. I would not take the Twipy stage. My 2 cents.

3 weeks later
#1500 3 years ago

Well to connect your machine to the internet you will probably have to buy a Stern Wifi Dongle for $249 and get into a monthly subscription of $15. They update your machine when you do not want that, they track your games played, time played, like the chinese government, all which you have to agree to by signing the agreement for the use of their software.......so I keep this machine off the grid and happy with the code as is.

1 month later
#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I added Pinsound to my Premium, far from overkill. Sound can be dialed in perfectly now. But yeah wrong thread just ask in the owners thread if you haven't already.

Is pinsound possible on Spike 2?

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The board=No. But the Pinsound speaker kit probably yes.

Ok, luckily, it would have cost me money again. I used the flipper fidelity 10” in the cabinet. The LE has ok speakers in the backbox.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PeterG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=PeterG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.