177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mutt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#242 3 years ago

Sounds great! Only thing I'd need to change is the end credits music. Wife very much wants the movie end music in the game & the credits seems like the perfect spot.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I love yours but wifey likes the regular ending...please email me the original version.
Thanks.

same here. my wife says the game needs to have the original movie ending music.

1 week later
#279 3 years ago

still haven't installed the custom audio yet. I'm really anxious but we're still getting used to the stock audio so we can really appreciate the changes

#312 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Quoted from imagamejunky:

No need to be anxious. Follow these steps...
If you don’t already own these,
Buy a 16gb class 10 SD card and 2 usb thumb drives (I use 16gb for these also)
You’ll need an external SD card reader for your pc if it doesn’t have a built in card reader.
Follow Stern’s instructions exactly! Download and flash the appropriate 1.01 JP card image to your new SD card.
Go here https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
If you haven’t already, download and install Tim’s .spk code. Copy his .spk file onto blank usb thumb drive A.
Turn on your JP and insert blank usb thumb drive B into the head.
Open utilities, save settings, press select to save settings
Remove usb thumb drive B, put aside, remember which one this is.
Turn off JP, remove stock SD card, put aside
Insert new SD card that you flashed.
Turn on JP
After it boots up insert usb thumb drive B
Open utilities, restore settings, select to restore settings
Verify that all of your settings are restored
Turn off JP, remove usb thumb drive B
Insert usb thumb drive A, turn on JP
Install Tim’s code
Turn off JP remove usb thumb drive A
Turn on JP
Your original settings should now be on your JP with Tim’s code. Settings and high scores are saved to the SD card.
You can easily swap SD cards back and forth (with your game off of course) so you can compare stock vs Tim’s.
You have a copy of your settings and scores saved for future on usb drive B
Junky

4 weeks later
#440 3 years ago

too anal? finally going to load this bad boy up this weekend!

2020-07-31 10.29.10 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 10.29.10 (resized).jpg
#441 3 years ago

FYI, the SD card in that pic didn't work. I went & found a 16GB that's not utlra & it worked fine.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I bought a 16GB Ultra and it works. I think it could be a problem with the disk size not matching the intended card OR if for some reason yours wasn't formatted to FAT32.
This is the one I bought and it worked out of the box: amazon.com link »

that 1st card was 64GB SDXC. whether it's the size or the type, it wasn't compatible. once I switched to an old SD card, it worked no problem. was very easy to get a 2nd card all setup w/ my settings / high scores, & the new audio. loving the audio changes by the way & it's nice that I can easily swap back to the factory image.

3 weeks later
#565 3 years ago

awesome, my new SD card just came. I'll drag my feet a little for the updated code. thanks

2 months later
#1160 3 years ago

wow, really excited to give this a shot. sounds great!! thank you!

Quoted from timlah79:

PSA: NEW Video + Audio Assets Version 38TS_D31 is now available!
Is 38TS_D31 available to both PREM/LE and PRO owners?
YES.
How do I access this new 38TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to 37TS, you simply need to access that and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 38TS_D31 in the name aka is:
jurassic_park_le-1_02_38TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
OR
jurassic_park_pro-1_02_38TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
These are both the same named, same, resulting 38TS .RAW file once extracted.
If your link does not result in one of those .ZIP filenames, PM me for a new private link.
I urge you to at least try downloading from your existing private link before PMing me. Thanks.
What if I don't have a link to either or if my link downloads a different version?
Please PM me, timlah79 and I will share a new private link with you.
Do I need to be aware of any differences in flashing this new 38TS_D31 version to SD vs. what I have done in the past?
Yes. The recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD are the same as they have been. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work. You should already have those instructions in the follow-ups I send to ya'll. Feel free to reach out to me if you need help.
How do I stay in tune with updates like this?
You have to check this forum from time to time and look specifically at the key posts. I'm laughing at myself right now when seeing that last time I said, "TBH this may be my last update. Also if a new code version get's released I'll probably get blocked again. I really do need to get back to finishing my album. I appreciate any support! https://timstilesmusic.com/"
I am blocked again. 1.03 is not accessible for customizations.
Are you going to create a 1.03 version?
Likely not. I am unable to currently. Also, this latest 38TS, 1.02 based version is feature complete IMO. Not to mention I haven't seen anything in the stock 1.03 release notes that would make anyone "need" to upgrade to it.
RELEASE NOTES (38TS_D31)
VIDEO UPDATES:
Note: All video updates noted below are by me/timlah79. I've kept any delt31 had in the previous version. Reach out to me with any questions or concerns about these new ones listed below.
BONUS SCREEN SEQUENCE
Re-timed and removed the "pause" of Grant pulling his glasses off. Adjusted the end of the bonuses mashup for a more seamless drive through and gate closing as it is cut in the movie.
RAPTORS IN THE KITCHEN & SECURE CONTROL ROOM
Replaced all 13 stock animations with movie clips that match almost exactly to what the stock animations mimicked in both of these wizard modes.
Anyone else besides me wonder why the stock animations for both modes are based on the raptors in the kitchen scenes of the movie? Seems like for secure control room, Stern would have gone with mimicking a different scene. Both modes share the same kitchen animations... I followed the paths they intended for all replacements.
MUSEUM MAYHEM
Replaced all 17 animations that are based on the final scene in the museum/visitor center with movie clips that should match exactly what was intended. I even went as far as matching the movie replacements to the SFX that play stock.
I hacked my way into this mode tonight and was blown away BTW. Totally worth the effort.
T-REX EAT GOAT (The movie scene that times up with the "chomp chomp" when you start T-Rex MB)
The current replacement video had an awkward pause at the end of the movie "chomp". Fixed this.
ATTRACT LOOP 1
Previously, this was replaced with a way too short movie scene of the T-Rex and the banner falling down (It would loop around and around awkwardly). I replaced this with a same as stock length version that has the same T-Rex end scene + a cut of the helicopter flying into the sunset just before the end movie credits start rolling.
WATERFALL LOOP
The stock animation is of the waterfall and helicopter. This plays randomly right after the end of the game and in attract mode.
The current movie replacement was Grant taking his glasses off and turning Ellie's head toward the brachiosaur. This video is already in other variations in attract mode and my bonus screen leverages the first part of that clip. I was seeing it way too much post game so I replaced this with a more appropriate, same as the stock length clip with the waterfall in the background, right as everyone is in the jeep and driving into the park, on their way to the visitor center.
AUDIO UPDATES:
SUPPLY DROP
"They got the really good stuff ready for us" (Stock Muldoon)
This hadn't been replaced so I replaced it with the movie line, "She had them all attacking the fences once the feeders came." (Muldoon)
HIGH SCORE
To the best of my ability cleaned up existing replacement "Our scientists have done things nobody's ever done before." (Hammond)
Swapped out another from 37TS that is bad quality, replaced with: "We're gonna make a fortune with this place." (Genarro)
AMBER
Brought back "Que lindo Eres" as it's own amber bonus callout. It's just too good of a line for this!
SMART MISSILE
Previously stock "Ah ha, direct hit!" was replaced with "How'd you do this?" (Grant)
It wasn't clearly heard in my opinion so I put the latter as a variation in HIGH SCORE and put "You got it yes yes!!!" (the kids) for when you accomplish smart missile.
INVALID
Found and replaced many more callouts. You'd be surprised how many callouts are in this mode alone (see previous notes for the multiple I've already replaced).
Added movie lines:

"Stop the program." (Hammond)
"It's not worth taking the chance John." (Arnold)
"What a complete slob." (Arnold)
"White rabbit object, it did it all." (Arnold)
Also tried to level balance the replacement music with the callouts. Given all that's going on in the mode, you still may feel like you can't hear some callouts too well. Did the best I could.

PADDOCK ENTRY (Aka XXX STAFF IN THE PADDOCK)
Looks like I missed one stock version. Added "And he slashes at you with this" (Grant)
END THEME
Replaced the stock end theme song with "One Last Cry" by Brian McKnight (JUST KIDDING!)
OTHER
Multiple, existing callout & music replacement leveling + EQ fixes after extensive testing.
Likely even more audio changes that I failed to note here.
Enjoy guys!

#1166 3 years ago

flashed the card using etcher 3 times now. still keep getting stuck in an endless "game restarting" loop.

#1168 3 years ago

after retrying w/ a new download & still getting stuck at the restarting game loop I switched to Win32DiskImager & everything worked out great!!

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Someone hasn't been following the very clear instructions that get re-published by Tim avery 10 posts or so...
I'll keep it short.... Don't use etcher. This has been stated so many times.

thanks, had already switched. was just downstairs playing a game to test it out. looks great

1 month later
#1519 3 years ago

My JP2 prem has been getting a lot of use & no issues at all w/ the new code. Burned SD card w/ Win32DiskImager & made sure I wS using a proper card.

Thanks again

6 months later
#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have. Mustang, Metallica, Black Knight SOR, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith (added concert and music video footage) and a few others I’m forgetting.
Want my PayPal address?

do you have a video of your custom aerosmith? would love to see it.

2 months later
#1687 2 years ago

guess I should have dropped back in this thread sooner. thanks for the vid clips, looks great!

Quoted from PoMC:

Long video showing the different video changes on this particular version.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5
This video shows the current Back in the Saddle video. Other link above shows a prior version at the end. This video also shows the Run DMC Walk This Way video.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

5 months later
#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Hey all, I have my JP pro on order and am in the April run. I would love to have this custom code when it arrives. I know I have to Pm Tim for a link, but I just wanted to ask, does anyone know if it runs on the most recent code of JP with IC? I here horror stories of machines being locked. Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already.
I have played this code before at a friends and it was fantastic.

I might be wrong but I believe he only made code for the premium. don't think it's been ported to pro.

as for inside connect, he uses an older code so it's not going to have IC compatibility. i'm guessing it'll just be disabled until you swap back to the official card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mutt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=Mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.