177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#259 3 years ago

I just installed this last night and have played about a half dozen games so far and it's awesome! I was hesitant because I usually like running the game with the latest code and features, but the immersiveness that this audio package brings is well worth the minor stuff that I'm giving up! Kind of hoping that Stern doesn't release any good code updates for this game because I don't really want to have to switch back! Tim did an A+ job bringing the assets and sounds together for this kick ass sound package! thanks Tim!

1 week later
#292 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Latest code is 1.01. This is 1.0, so it's a tad behind. Any future Stern code updates would need to be recreated for this, and the creator says he doesn't plan on updating it further. That's why I'm reluctant to install it. I don't want to get used to better audio just to revert to stock if they release more updates.

Thats not entirely true. With version 1.01 Stern locked out the ability to modify audio and video assets with Pinball Browser. The creator would update further if he could but at least for now 1.00 is the highest version of code that can be supported.

Its still worth it to downgrade to 1.0 to get the far superior audio experience! The code differences between 1.00 and 1.01 are pretty minimal.

1 week later
#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could someone send me the pro version please

Pm timlah79 to get it.

3 weeks later
#455 3 years ago

This is a awesome news Tim! Thanks for all your hard work. Can't wait to replace my Stern 1.02 version with yours!

#470 3 years ago

I just installed Tim's 1.02 update via the SDCard option and the process couldn't have been any easier and the audio package sounds great! I haven't really noticed any missing callouts yet, the big thing for me was just getting the music tracks in which sound spectacular. Thanks again Tim!

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

This is probably a stupid question, but I’ve never done it before, so better safe than sorry: Do you need to leave the SD card in the pinball machine after updating from it, ie does the game effectively “stream” from the card, or can you remove it after the update (leaving the card reader slot empty)?

Yes, you simply remove the sdcard that Stern put in the game originally with a new card loaded with Tim's version. It has to stay in the slot.

This is the card that I used

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TCJRXQL

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I feel like a noob
I tried to install Tim's file (7,86gb) on a 32gb USB disk (on my Mac) and a 16gb USB disk. Inserted it into my JP Pin and did a startup. No result getting in the install of the new software.
I used Balena Etcher as suggested somewhere in this post. Flash from file, selected the 7.8gb .raw file from Tim. It took some time to install on the disk and was successfully flashed
When I open the USB disk it only gives me two files and it looks like the disk is only 8mb big.
It contains the files: stern-spike2.dtb (48kb) en zImage (5.9mb)
I had this on both USB disks.
What did I do wrong?

You should be writing to an SD-Card, not a USB drive. You need to replace the Stern SD Card on the board with a new SD Card loaded with Tim's software.

3 weeks later
#595 3 years ago

I just tried updating with the new Delt version (original ending). Downloaded/extracted and wrote to the SD card successfully. When loading in the game it boots and gets to the screen with the version number and then it goes into a reboot loop. I retried the entire process again from a fresh download and the same thing happened again. I'm working on the my previous custom audio only 1.02 for now. Curious if this is isolated or if others have the same issue?

Thanks for all your hard work guys! Can't wait to get this working.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry to hear but the SD install can really by wonky. Are you using win32img? I used that and it always works.

Thanks. I used Etcher but will give win32img a try instead and report back tomorrow.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks. I used Etcher but will give win32img a try instead and report back tomorrow.

Tried Win32DiskImager instead of Etcher and it worked flawlessly! This won't work with Balena Etcher.

Only played one game so far but I love what I see so far! Thanks guys!

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mine crashed and rebooted at the same spot. Just once though. Odd.

Same thing here on my Premium. Froze up and rebooted during early stages of Trex. Only happened once out of about 10 times.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Given all of the latest above, this video edited version is going to be an "at your own risk" share (for now) for anyone who pings me for it. I'll share it with you but it has too many issues that I can't resolve. I've spent my entire holiday weekend troubleshooting people's issues (mostly Mac users) with both flashing successfully and it ending up in the game doing a restarting game loop or them having flashing errors in general. I didn't create this video version (it was created from my latest working audio-only version) and it blows my mind that delt31 was even able to create it. These type of problems have NEVER occurred with ANY of my audio-only edited versions and I can't do much more troubleshooting A) There is something innately "corrupt" with this version (even if it is working for you and I), B) B/c there are already bugs with PB and video import that I can't even overcome on my own PC and C) I have a Mac but not a SD card writer on it so I can't even help there either.
I really can't keep helping troubleshoot when there's are innate bugs with PB video import, Balena Etcher software, corrupting resulting firmware and SD cards. I feel the PB dev needs to address at this point. I have a full time job beyond this and as much as I want to keep helping people get this latest video edited version up on their machine, I'm also losing my sanity a bit.
So, in summary if you have issues flashing and/or playing this latest video edited version, please ping the PB dev's thread. The more information you can provide to him, the better we'll be able to create stable versions in the future: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
I still have the latest audio only versions for all PREM/LE and PRO models so ping me if you want those. Thanks for understanding and I'm sorry.

Thats completely understandable. You've put so much work into this project and its just unrealistic that you would need to do this much IT support for numerous OS's and version numbers and applications. Take a break and know that we appreciate everything you've done!

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I have been using the code for a few days and have had the T-Rex multi ball crash once out of 20+ games. I am using the SD card mentioned a few posts ago. The game does slow for me during start of t-Rex multiball most times. The other T-Rex encounters are fine. The video is great! Really is what the game should have been from the start. I have had just the one bug. I am using a new SD for just audio and video+audio so I can always go back.

Same experience for me. Happened once in about 15 games. Other encounters are fine.

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Same experience for me. Happened once in about 15 games. Other encounters are fine.

Just happened a 2nd time for me in the same Trex spot. I might have to roll back to the audio only version unfortunately.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Another piece of info that may help for those getting reboots / restarts at T-Rex MB. Please note:
a) Do you have a PREM or an LE?
b) What method/app did you use to flash to SD (Mac or PC + Balena Etcher or Win32DiskImager)?
c) What is the model and size of your SD card?
d) Did you get any errors during the flashing process? If so, what were they?

My game is a Premium manufactured June 2020
I used Win32DiskImager on Win 10 PC
Its a PNY 16GB card (pic below]
No errors during flash process

I could give this another try and overwrite the stock Stern card and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

41ZOOE4m9VL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41ZOOE4m9VL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - I'm going to replace the trex MB screaming video (where it says TREXMB) with the original and see if that fixes it. I need to make a few more updates based on some other feedback (for better placement).
I have never seen this issue but in version 2, it will be adjusted. Hopefully that resolves it.

Thanks Delt! Can't wait to try out version 2.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks. I have the same sandisk except 16gb. Never had an issue.
Has anyone had this issue using the Sandisk XGB class 10? I still think this has to do with the SD card itself but I will inject the original file to play it safe.

I just ordered the SANDisk card you recommended with 1 day shipping so I can try it tomorrow to see if it solves the issue.-provided version 2 isn't released by then.

#696 3 years ago

I did a full format (not quick) on my stock SDCard that came with the game and so far after 20+ games I haven't had any Feed Trex resets. I'll keep on playing but its an encouraging sign vs the other card I tried that had 2 resets in 20 games.

#715 3 years ago

I installed 31TS this morning and played a few games and so far so good as far as the TRex crash goes! I already see some nice additions over the last release. Thanks Tim and Delt!

#720 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I installed 31TS this morning and played a few games and so far so good as far as the TRex crash goes! I already see some nice additions over the last release. Thanks Tim and Delt!

Bad news. I had another freeze up and reboot when running the latest 31TS code on my PNY sdcard. I did get a new SanDisk ultra 16gb card in the mail today that I'll try out.

#754 3 years ago

I have a Premium with shaker motor and it rebooted for me 3 times in around 20 games with this card:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCJRXQL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

I have since switched to the following SanDisk card and so far after about 20 games it hasn't rebooted at all:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

I'll admit that it doesn't make sense that the brand of card would make a difference. both cards are class 10 16GB cards and I used Win32diskImager to write both of them. I fully expect the SanDisk card to cause a freeze/reboot at some point but so far it has been solid.

2 weeks later
#824 3 years ago

New update is awesome! Lots of new video clips and sound quotes. thanks guys!

1 month later
#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

My understanding is that everything the game needs to run is on each SD card. If you swap the card, you swap the entire software. 100%. Each time the machine is powered on, it reads all of the games base software from the SDcard. In fact, it appears that throughout game play, the card is accessed continuously for audio/video data. (That why fast read Class-10 SD cards are a must). The only thing that is on the CPU board that 'stays with' the game post card swap are some NVRAM counters for things like high scores. (and those appear to be zero'd everytime a software version is changed).
Think of "installing the software" the same as "installing the SDcard". They appear to be exactly the same. Again, if you swap the card with software versions up or down, you swap the entire software and the machine is happy.

If the stock 1.03 applies node board updates (which i think it does) can you still swap between the Stern 1.03 and the custom 1.02 images? Are the node board updates stored on the node board firmware on the board itself, or off the sdcard?

3 weeks later
#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Downloading now.
Sending another donation. My original was in June and I feel like the amount of work timlah79 has put into this since deserves more from me.
Thanks Tim.

I sent Tim a second donation as well. He has really put in a lot of work and made tons of improvements since my original donation in June. Thanks Tim!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.