177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PSA: PREM/LE NEW Video + Audio Assets Version 34TS_D31 is now available!
What's changed VIDEO wise since 30TS/31TS_D31?
Multiple, stock videos have been swapped for applicable movie clips.
delt31 has added many more videos. I've contributed quite a few myself, but the majority of new additions are all his. My video changes are noted below.
What's changed AUDIO wise since 30TS/31TS_D31?
Not a lot. Some callouts have changed to match videos. While I do have some nitpicky audio adjustments I still want to make, the videos were the focus.
How do I access this new 34TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to 30TS_D31 or 31TS_D31, you simply need to access the private link you already have and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 34TS in the name aka is:
jurassic_park_le-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
OR
jurassic_park_le-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END_(30TS_PREV).zip
These are both the same resulting .RAW file once extracted.
If your link does not result in one of those filenames, PM me for a new private link.
What if I don't have a link to either or if my link downloads a different version?
Please PM me, timlah79 and I will share a new private link with you.
Is this available for PRO?
Not yet. This version will only work for PREM/LE owners. Supporting PRO is on my to do list and it is a priority. However, I will need to spend quite a bit more time to support a PRO version. I'm sorry that it's not available yet. I have an audio assets only version for PRO owners (29TS). Reach out to me if you don't already have that.
Have the game restart issues been fixed?
No. I have spent a ton of time trying to figure this out. Most people should not have this issue occur. What I will say is that if it has to do with the length or other attributes of imported videos, I've manually corrected them in this version (for any video's *I've* added). I have only had one restart during t-rex MB in a previous video edited version during countless versions and plays. No issues with this one for me so far.
Also with that said, the recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD have not changed. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work. This precaution and all others are all outlined in the email responses I've sent you guys.
RELEASE NOTES/CHANGE LOG:
I can only tell you what *I* have changed. The below is that list. In no way does this encompass the many new video additions Delt31 has added. The below are simply my contributions. If you have specific questions about video changes other than what I've noted below, please post them in his thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips
NEW INTRO / START GAME SEQUENCE
Edited the fly in clip to create a more similar to the stock animation where the copter is landing. "Welcome to Jurassic Park" still remains timed exactly to my Hammond audio replacement.
NEW OUTRO / END BALL BONUS
Meticulously cut and timed multiple appropriate movie clips to create a bonus sequence true to what is expected but using movie assets instead of stock animations.
DNA BONUS
Replaced both with two, separate key moment from the Mr. DNA scene in the movie, providing variety and color.
AMBER BONUS & AMBER AWARDS IN GENERAL
Leveraged the movie's Mr. DNA scene of the mosquito sucking from the brachiosaur's back as well as the close up shot of Juanito admiring the amber (aka the "que lindo eres" movie scene).
EXTRA BALL
When an extra ball is earned you'll see a nearly identical to the stock animation which zooms into the outdoor toilet then the ball gets grabbed by the T-Rex. Instead, now I matched the timing of the exact movie scene of Genarro getting eaten by the T-REX then transitioned the end to the EXTRA BALL stock text and animation.
RESCUE FAIL (The stock dilophosaurus spitting stock animations)
Instead of the two possibile stock animations for these, you'll instead see carfeully timed (to the sound FX) clips of a) when Nedry first gets spit on then b) right after he gets spit on a second time and hits his head on the jeep door frame.
BALL SAVE
Instead of the anklyosaur kicking the ball, I've put in when Timmy get's electrocuted, flys off the fence and is caught by Grant.
NEDRY DRAIN
Given that the stock animation that plays here regardless of the callout, I've replaced this with the one and only movie scene where the same "you didn't say the magic word" animation is shown on the computer screen and Arnold leans toward it.
(I know one pinsider suggested using the dilophosaurus spitting here but I found a more matching place for that as I mentioned above)
CONTROL ROOM ENTER
Now when you enter the control room, you'll see the scene from the movie that Stern intended to mimic here.
VIRUS ATTACK START
Meticulously created a matching duration movie scene of when Nedry looks at Hammond and clicks 'Execute' to inject the virus.
T-REX MULTIBALL (MB READY)
One of the issues of the previous version was that the T-REX MB ready video was far too long. The stock video shows the goat being ready do be eaten. Therefore I replaced it with a movie clip of the same duration, goat, and gate motion.
RAPTOR TRIBALL
6 new movie swaps leveraging the opening scene of the movie.
T-REX CHASE START
Fixed video timing for when "must go faster" plays to match Malcolm saying that line (when it plays, the other variation that plays is "gotta get outta here now, now, right now").
TILT WARNING AND TILT
Warning is now the T-REX pushing the explorer and still the "danger" overlay is there.
Tilt itself is later in that scene when she rolls the explorer over entirely.

Just played a few quick games on the new code and loving it. I've spotted a few of the upgrades and all are improvements. I think the T-Rex "chomp chomp" is even spot on now. You guys have done some impressive work here!
For those on the fence waiting for more tweaks I see no reason to wait anymore. I have been using the recommended SD card and have never had any issues (premium model).
Thanks again Tim & Delt31!

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Speaking of recommended SD cards. I know it needs to be a class 10, which pretty much everything is these days. What is the recommendation on the size?

I have been using the SanDisc Ultra 16gb that Tim linked to in post #756 but I could have missed an update to that info. It's been solid for me so far.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=MLmotorsport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.