177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 04: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE LINKS WITH OTHERS Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1145 06: Stats on the customization work from audio to video (as of 38TS) Posted by timlah79 (3 years ago)

Post #1773 01: PSA - PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A 1.06 VERSION Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1784 00: PLEASE READ: Do not request custom code Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J-Freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

UPDATE (And it's a long one, but please keep reading!):As you all probably know, Stern decided to block Pinbrowser access to firmware media starting with 1.01.00 (JP is not the first as I've learned...). Although that's the case, fortunately they didn't do so for JP until after the feature complete release of 1.00.00. Literally the day of that release/realization, my new cohort and I had just finished a showcase video of a custom version we decided was ready to reveal. I've put far too much time into this over many months and hundreds of hours to call it quits over this travesty. I'm moving forward...
Being restricted to leveraging 1.00.00 as the baseline sucks but it's not and end all limitation IMO. The 1.01.00 release was just a few minor bug fixes + this blocker, nothing new that matters to gameplay. What I don't know is if you install 1.01 if it keeps you from installing previous versions (hopefully not, I'm not gonna risk it).

Customized Pinball Audio Project - Jurassic Park Pinball (2019) - Teaser #1
Once you have a chance to watch the video in full, please share, subscribe, like, and most importantly provide any constructive feedback based on your experience with the game/what you'd like to see added or changed (*Please do so via YouTube, not just in replies to this thread. Both are helpful but the YT side is easier for me to track and gives us more visibility in general.*). I know it's a long video but I hope you find the time to watch it in its entirety. A lot of effort went into it and I don't know how long it will be before it will get shutdown. Hopefully it won't, but we already know there's an effort underway to block us from customizing our own machines. Your support in thwarting this ridiculousness and your ideas for callouts/replacements/all of the above are essential to the success of this customization effort itself:
*ALL credit goes to my Presto Group cohort for the music replacements and footage (I'll let him call himself out if he wishes ). I of course have done all the callout editing, firmware builds, tracking changes, etc but he's truly the wizard in this initial showing, with not only the music but he's the only one out of both of us who can consistently get into these modes to test & record them (I suck at pinball).*
The only music that I played a part in in this video is on the bookends of it--an unreleased song of mine called Jurassick Dark. Please don't hate me for the self-promotion, I am an independent hip-hop artist myself. That song itself was inspired by this work, this amazing machine (my first ever!), and my long time love for the JP franchise. I plan to include some of its instrumental in a later version, if & where applicable.

Details about what's in our current alpha build, showcased in the above video:

74 Unique Callout replacements from the original movie (Jurassic Park)

Too many to list individually but yes, 74 unique JP movie callouts are in our latest build, all meticulously chosen and individually edited. Many of them you won't hear in this teaser BTW (b/c A: we decided to shorten down the modes in order to showcase the music and B: the video was made from a build just slightly before many more were added) but trust me, all 74 are there in the latest.

21 Modes featuring Fully Orchestrated Music replacements

Active Paddock
Chaos Multiball
Choose Control Room
Enter Initials
Escape Nublar
Feed Trex Phase 1
Invalid?
KOTI Multiball
Museum Mayhem
Museum Mayhem
Pteranodon Attack
Raptor Triball
Restore Power
Secure Control Room
System Boot
T-Rex Chase
T-Rex Encounter
T-Rex Multiball (Feed Trex Phase 1)
T-Rex Multiball (General Phase 2)
T-Rex Rampage
Virus Attack
Visitor's Center

While we've made great strides and I know you guys will probably read this and be like, where's our build to test? Sorry, I'm not ready to send one out yet. This is alpha at best. There are still hundreds of script lines I'm looking to replace and despite the amazing app that is Pinbrowser, this is a very manual process. The goal is to make something extremely special and while it's on that path for sure, a few more iterations are needed. Thank you guys for all your patience. I hope you all are staying happy and healthy in these weird times. I myself feel extremely fortunate to simply own a machine as amazing as this one. Not many are able to, so we should all be thankful for that alone.
Side note: Since hawkmoon77 has fallen off the pinside map, he owns this thread so I'll probably have to start a new one at the next update. I really hope he's ok and that I hear from him again soon, but it has been many months. I don't want to create yet another thread for people to have to follow, but I'm not sure what happens after a pinsider has been inactive for a while. Will ping back on this thread at the next update!

1st off: I need that track you made.

2nd: I was skeptical as to whether this game really needed custom audio or not but this video made me want to try it.
I am biased because I have an OGJP with pinsound that uses a lot of the same music and callouts. This looks pretty good though and cleaner audio.

Funk Stern for blocking it.
GOTG is a good game taken over the top by someone with no licensing attachments.

6 months later
#915 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

There's some glare going on in that photo but it looks like yours at least has legs? Did you just receive this? I'm still waiting for Stern to send me a replacement that is supposedly coming out of their latest run.

Here is mine that I got at the end of august.

20200824_222632 (resized).jpg20200824_222632 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The obsession continues... A couple people have mentioned that the last clip in the bonus end screen is a little distracting/abrupt. Does this look any better to you guys? I'm open to suggestions! Keep in mind that this sequence is 4 video locations not just one long video. I have to carefully time and string all together, then hope the machine plays them in the intended timing/sync with the music.

I think the end sequence is perfect the way it is.
I see the how the new version is less abrupt but I like the view of the gate as they pass under it.

1 month later
#1478 3 years ago

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This game is quickly becoming my favorite, and I never thought anything would overtake AFM.

Its pretty damn good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J-Freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?tu=J-Freeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.