D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 37.
#402 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I get that you wouldn’t buy it but someone else will... Stern hasn’t lost a sale in the end they’ve just sold it someone else. If stern truly thought updating the sounds and music was something they could monetize legally they’d do it themselves.

Obviously they won’t cause it would cost them to pay for it as they keep cutting for profit. Look at their past history.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Stern hasn’t lost a sale in the end they’ve just sold it someone else.

no, they could have sold one more.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

no, they could have sold one more.

Stern gets nothing from the used pinball market sales. You can't buy a GOTG NIB. They didn't lose a sale.

#405 3 years ago

Yes you can buy a GOTG LE new in box. But for stern they already sold it since it is at the distributor and LE’s are limited. Would it be a premium, then they could sell one more.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes you can buy a GOTG LE new in box. But for stern they already sold it since it is at the distributor and LE’s are limited. Would it be a premium, then they could sell one more.

I'd be shocked if Stern is a JIT business, they aren't building for you, they are building a bunch and selling to distributors. I do not believe there are enough people who won't make a nib purchase because of a sound package to move the needle in any way shape or form. Clearly you and others believe the opposite... I suspect we will just need to agree to disagree on this subject cause I don't think either of us will be able to convince otherwise .

#407 3 years ago

Ok so who is going to try and install Tim's version over the new 1.02 to see if it works? I'm close to buying a new Premium but all of the distributers are waiting on Stern to ship them a new batch, which I'm sure will come with the new software. I'm not going to buy one unless I know it will work with 1.02.

#408 3 years ago

Hello everyone, well done for your work.
I would be very interested in your file to install it on my LE model. Can you tell me how to get it.
Thank you

#409 3 years ago

Could someone send me the pro version please

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could someone send me the pro version please

Pm timlah79 to get it.

#411 3 years ago

PLEASE READ

1. As I mentioned a few posts back, I am not allowed to share firmware files directly per the Pinball Browser dev's new requirements stated in his v7.50 app release notes. Doing so would end up in me losing my PB license altogether. I need to be respectful of his wishes. He has outlined an alternate, allowed method that I'm exploring. See all details under the "Sounds" section here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/78#post-5740605

2. Good news! He just released yet another PB version that does allow access to 1.02 (v7.53). Confirmation here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/81#post-5748784

3. While #2 is amazing, I have tons of work ahead of me to share my customizations the new, allowed way. I have to finish the remapping of all 3800+ sound script locations that have changed in 1.01 and 1.02 as well as manually regenerate the 400+ macros that will be needed to port all of my 1.00 changes to 1.02. If I'm lucky, once that's done for the Prem/LE version, I will be able to turnaround and just use the same adjustments/macros to support the Pro.

Given all of the above, please don't PM me asking for code files. I will keep you guys updated via this thread as I make progress on #3. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Added over 4 years ago:

Things have changed. You are again able to PM me for my custom code file itself (the 1.00 based, latest version I have for LE/Prem and Pro). Please don't post here asking why, PM me if you have any questions.

I'm also still hard at work on supporting 1.02+ and I'll keep you guys updated on that front as promised.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

Ok so who is going to try and install Tim's version over the new 1.02 to see if it works? I'm close to buying a new Premium but all of the distributers are waiting on Stern to ship them a new batch, which I'm sure will come with the new software. I'm not going to buy one unless I know it will work with 1.02.

Commenting to try to help Tim out here.
Installing Tim’s 1.0 after already running Stern’s 1.01 or 1.02 shouldn’t cause you any problems.

This is what has been confusing some people. You won’t be installing 1.0 “over” 1.01/1.02 and retaining 1.01/1.02. You will be replacing 1.01/1.02 with 1.0.
Hope this helps

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PLEASE READ
1. As I mentioned a few posts back, I am not allowed to share firmware files directly per the Pinball Browser dev's new requirements stated in his v7.50 app release notes. Doing so would end up in me losing my PB license altogether. I need to be respectful of his wishes. He has outlined an alternate, allowed method that I'm exploring. See all details under the "Sounds" section here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/78#post-5740605
2. Good news! He just released yet another PB version that does allow access to 1.02 (v7.53). Confirmation here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/81#post-5748784
3. While #2 is amazing, I have tons of work ahead of me to share my customizations the new, allowed way. I have to finish the remapping of all 3800+ sound script locations that have changed in 1.01 and 1.02 as well as manually regenerate the 400+ macros that will be needed to port all of my 1.00 changes to 1.02. If I'm lucky, once that's done for the Prem/LE version, I will be able to turnaround and just use the same adjustments/macros to support the Pro.
Given all of the above, please don't PM me asking for code files. I will keep you guys updated via this thread as I make progress on #3. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Tim - to point #3, if you're able to generate the 400+ macros, will it still be possible for someone to use this if they don't have all of your custom music clips on their OWN PC? I'm still unclear as I've heard some say no, you need the custom clips on the users desktop (which would result in no one being able to effectively use your macros b/c they would need the underlying media too).

What is your understanding? Is it possible to just use your macros without the custom music on my own hard drive?

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PLEASE READ

Hey Tim, I’ve just read through all 9 pages of this thread, the ups and downs; quite a roller coaster. I’m inspired by your resilience over the last couple weeks and days. Even though I’m ‘late to the custom audio party’, I’ve seen too much now, it looks so great. Keep fighting the good fight. I shall remain patient in my new quest to add custom audio awesomeness to JP2. Let me know if you need help, but it sounds like you’ve got it handled.

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tim - to point #3, if you're able to generate the 400+ macros, will it still be possible for someone to use this if they don't have all of your custom music clips on their OWN PC? I'm still unclear as I've heard some say no, you need the custom clips on the users desktop (which would result in no one being able to effectively use your macros b/c they would need the underlying media too).
What is your understanding? Is it possible to just use your macros without the custom music on my own hard drive?

oga83 answered this pretty clearly here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/80#post-5743566

You need to include the external files with the Macro.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

oga83 answered this pretty clearly here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/80#post-5743566
You need to include the external files with the Macro.

But how is that feasible to do? If that's truly required, Tim isn't going to be able to zip up all of that content (which is likely licensed) and send it to folks.

The answer seems to be technically you can but in reality, not going to happen due to the size limits but more importantly concerns about licenses?

#417 3 years ago

I don't want to derail this thread, like I did the other. I really think you guys just need to be a little more covert, all this talk about licensing is silly. It's not like your pirating anything or there is any real loss to any actual person. Yes Stern didn't pay the licensing on this content but lets be real here I think the movie and everyone involved made out ok. All of you are doing this for personal use in your homes. If Tim loses his license, I'm sure plenty of people would happily contribute to a new one. I'm sure there is a way you guys can make sure Pinball Browser gets a piece of the pie and lets this go on. Go make a reddit or private invite only thread somewhere and go nuts. I am not trying to be negative to anyone or trying to cause drama. Sometimes it's better to just draw less attention and avoid all this hassle. Stern is going to do what they do about this no matter what.

P.S. If you going to distribute licensed or copyrighted content, I wouldn't mess with Universal or whomever owns the rights to JP. They have an bunch of lawyers on retainer that do nothing but protect their IP and send out threatening letters. If it was me I would share Stern's firmware, it's way less risk and hassle.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

But how is that feasible to do? If that's truly required, Tim isn't going to be able to zip up all of that content (which is likely licensed) and send it to folks.
The answer seems to be technically you can but in reality, not going to happen due to the size limits but more importantly concerns about licenses?

I guess you could do a private Google Share with specific access to those files, then it's on the user end to dedicate bandwidth and of their own volition for using any material..

But the Macros would still have to direct to a specific point on their computer correct? So how would someone go about creating a Macro file location specific to the creator's original file loaction macro reference if we're talking thousands of references? You'd have to rename the \\Directory\user pathway for every file to point the correct way right? Way too much work for the average Joe just looking to get a sound\video package...unless I'm missing something obvious here

#419 3 years ago

I feel like the macro path thing could be figured out, either with PB or just stating a common location to place the files on the HD.

Here is my 2 cents on the licensing...I already own a copy of the movie and could go listen to all the dialog in the entire movie. Someone sharing clips from a movie I already own seems okay to me. I'm no lawyer, I'm an idealist. I like the idea of a anonymously hosted cloud storage were people anonymously login and download a zip. Put it in a common folder on a PC and run the macro.

#420 3 years ago

The macro path thing... isn't a thing... if you're savvy enough to use pbbrowser you can figure out where to save the files. We all must remember the moto of this movie... life finds a way

#421 3 years ago

Just wanted to share an update with a bit of good-ish and not so good news.

Good-ish news: Today I was able to finalize mapping of the 3800+ sound script changes from my 1.00 custom bookmarks to 1.02 (these were intentionally introduced from 1.00 LE to 1.02 LE in order to block PB). This was a heroic effort and I'll refrain from details for good reason. It took me literally my whole weekend + I took work off Fri to work on this alone. Now this doesn't at all mean that I have been able to port any of my sounds. I'm talking about stock 1.00 to stock 1.02 script changes, simply so I can have my custom bookmarked locations aligned properly and move forward. Importing my sounds is going to be a whole different beast. From the looks of things I am going to have to manually import all of them again (like I did to get you guys a Pro 1.00 based version) to generate new macros that I can hopefully then leverage in a later code update via macros (I'm looking at this toward the unknown future per se so I don't have to do what I did here ever again). It's simply unreliable to try the macro method now even with the work I've done to re-align. My hope is that the work I did above along with doing one last manual import will allow me to macro upload instead of manual should a new version come out.

Not so good news: Pro 1.02 has also been jumbled vs. LE 1.02 aka does not have script parity with LE 1.02 as I learned it did in Pro 1.00 vs. LE 1.00. They are really trying to work against people like me. In summary, I don't know if I'll be able to support a Pro 1.02 based version. I will be looking into that but not until later down the line.

-Tim

#422 3 years ago

If I can help out in anyway, I’d like to. I don’t have a game to test on, but I am hoping one is in my future.
I know the challenges in keeping up with the code changes.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Just wanted to share an update with a bit of good-ish and not so good news.
Good-ish news: Today I was able to finalize mapping of the 3800+ sound script changes from my 1.00 custom bookmarks to 1.02 (these were intentionally introduced from 1.00 LE to 1.02 LE in order to block PB). This was a heroic effort and I'll refrain from details for good reason. It took me literally my whole weekend + I took work off Fri to work on this alone. Now this doesn't at all mean that I have been able to port any of my sounds. I'm talking about stock 1.00 to stock 1.02 script changes, simply so I can have my custom bookmarked locations aligned properly and move forward. Importing my sounds is going to be a whole different beast. From the looks of things I am going to have to manually import all of them again (like I did to get you guys a Pro 1.00 based version) to generate new macros that I can hopefully then leverage in a later code update via macros (I'm looking at this toward the unknown future per se so I don't have to do what I did here ever again). It's simply unreliable to try the macro method now even with the work I've done to re-align. My hope is that the work I did above along with doing one last manual import will allow me to macro upload instead of manual should a new version come out.
Not so good news: Pro 1.02 has also been jumbled vs. LE 1.02 aka does not have script parity with LE 1.02 as I learned it did in Pro 1.00 vs. LE 1.00. They are really trying to work against people like me. In summary, I don't know if I'll be able to support a Pro 1.02 based version. I will be looking into that but not until later down the line.
-Tim

Tim, your dedication to this project is unsurpassed. Truly amazing brother! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

#424 3 years ago

Really nice, there have to be people like you! thanks

#426 3 years ago

Just thought I'd chime in with a suggestion re: distribution, given that it sounds as the changes re: Pinball Browser's guidelines are about to / have already created a lot of work for folks working on patches like this. Sorry if this is a little lengthy and has been considered already.

Tim (or others working on this effort), have you looked into simply leveraging a generic file patching app to provide these? I can explain how they work and even provide a recommendation of one to use from back when I was messing around with sounds on my Jurassic Park Pro.

In the video game emulation community, hacks-- in this case I simply mean modifications to game ROMs-- are very common thing. And this problem of licensing/rights is obviously front and center because distributing game ROMs is not technically legal. So what people have long done in the romhack commmunity is use a patch creation tool to create things called .IPS patches. The patching tools have two modes, a creation mode and a patching mode. In creation mode, you simply point it to the original unmodified file and then the one with your hack applied to it. It then observes the differences between the two files and creates an .IPS patch file which contains the differences, and instructions to the patching app on what parts of the file to apply what contents to it.

One issue here is that .IPS patches and the tools were designed to work with generally tiny files on the order of a few megabytes. So when I tried to make one which took a stock Jurassic Park SD image and one that I had modified just to have a few new sounds in it, it didn't work.

I did some research and found a patching program that uses 'xdelta' patching (a differently designed but very similar in concept to .IPS tech) and works on big files.

Sure enough I was able to use this program, called Delta Patcher, to do what I want. I changed one sound out of my JP Pro SD Image using Pinball Browser (swapping in a 300KB wav for 'Welcome to Jurassic Park'), then used the delta patcher to make an .xdelta patch file. Patch file is around that same 300K as the .WAV was (since that's obviously what needs to be modified in the image), and all you need to turn the stock firmware image file into one with the new sound in it is the original firmware file, the 300K .xdelta patch, and the Delta Patcher program.

So if you used this approach, distributing new sound packages is as simple as creating modified updated versions of the SD card image files, then using the tool to create .xdelta patches by comparing the two files, and distributing the .xdelta patches.

Then people who want to apply these changes to their games just have to do the following-- 1- Download the appropriate source SD Image file firmware for their game from Stern. 2- Download the (free) Delta Patcher app, 3- Download the .xdelta patch file created for that game and firmware version, and finally 4- run the tool to patch the SD image file. No need for anyone who wants to use the images to have or buy Pinball Browser at all.

Happy to share an example file or point people to the patching tool I found that works great for this (first hit on Google if you search 'download delta patcher').

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Just thought I'd chime in with a suggestion re: distribution, given that it sounds as the changes re: Pinball Browser's guidelines are about to / have already created a lot of work for folks working on patches like this. Sorry if this is a little lengthy and has been considered already.
Tim (or others working on this effort), have you looked into simply leveraging a generic file patching app to provide these? I can explain how they work and even provide a recommendation of one to use from back when I was messing around with sounds on my Jurassic Park Pro.
In the video game emulation community, hacks-- in this case I simply mean modifications to game ROMs-- are very common thing. And this problem of licensing/rights is obviously front and center because distributing game ROMs is not technically legal. So what people have long done in the romhack commmunity is use a patch creation tool to create things called .IPS patches. The patching tools have two modes, a creation mode and a patching mode. In creation mode, you simply point it to the original unmodified file and then the one with your hack applied to it. It then observes the differences between the two files and creates an .IPS patch file which contains the differences, and instructions to the patching app on what parts of the file to apply what contents to it.
One issue here is that .IPS patches and the tools were designed to work with generally tiny files on the order of a few megabytes. So when I tried to make one which took a stock Jurassic Park SD image and one that I had modified just to have a few new sounds in it, it didn't work.
I did some research and found a patching program that uses 'xdelta' patching (a differently designed but very similar in concept to .IPS tech) and works on big files.
Sure enough I was able to use this program, called Delta Patcher, to do what I want. I changed one sound out of my JP Pro SD Image using Pinball Browser (swapping in a 300KB wav for 'Welcome to Jurassic Park'), then used the delta patcher to make an .xdelta patch file. Patch file is around that same 300K as the .WAV was (since that's obviously what needs to be modified in the image), and all you need to turn the stock firmware image file into one with the new sound in it is the original firmware file, the 300K .xdelta patch, and the Delta Patcher program.
So if you used this approach, distributing new sound packages is as simple as creating modified updated versions of the SD card image files, then using the tool to create .xdelta patches by comparing the two files, and distributing the .xdelta patches.
Then people who want to apply these changes to their games just have to do the following-- 1- Download the appropriate source SD Image file firmware for their game from Stern. 2- Download the (free) Delta Patcher app, 3- Download the .xdelta patch file created for that game and firmware version, and finally 4- run the tool to patch the SD image file. No need for anyone who wants to use the images to have or buy Pinball Browser at all.
Happy to share an example file or point people to the patching tool I found that works great for this (first hit on Google if you search 'download delta patcher').

Wow this is more than interesting! Thank you for such detail. I'll look into it.

BTW, things have changed a bit... I can say that I am currently "re-allowed" to share my current 1.00 based versions (PREM/LE and Pro). I won't get into why so please don't ask . But basically anyone may now PM me for those versions if interested.

I'm awaiting a new PB feature that should allow me to more easily port all my sounds to 1.02+. Unsure the ETA but should be soon. I've done all the heavy lifting so far for 1.02 LE support, so if this feature works out I'll have a new version soon thereafter.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Wow this is more than interesting! Thank you for such detail. I'll look into it.
BTW, things have changed a bit... I can say that I am currently "re-allowed" to share my current 1.00 based versions (PREM/LE and Pro). I won't get into why so please don't ask . But basically anyone may now PM me for those versions if interested.
I'm awaiting a new PB feature that should allow me to more easily port all my sounds to 1.02+. Unsure the ETA but should be soon. I've done all the heavy lifting so far for 1.02 LE support, so if this feature works out I'll have a new version soon thereafter.

You are a good human!!!!

#429 3 years ago

Just uploaded Tim’s sound replacement on my JP LE—takes game to the next level
BRAVO

#430 3 years ago

Hey Tim, any ideas why Stern rearrange/change their layout of the audio clips between versions? Just seems strange that it wouldn't be consistent

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Tim, any ideas why Stern rearrange/change their layout of the audio clips between versions? Just seems strange that it wouldn't be consistent

It’s intentional, they are trying to stop pinball browser. Most likely the license holder put pressure on Stern to secure their firmware. Probably told them put a stop to this or next time your paying for the full rights. Could also be a punitive clause in the license. Stern clearly did not care in the past and happily let this go on. That’s why I think it’s the Jurassic Park license holder that is pissed.

#432 3 years ago

Stern will never out smart hackers.

#433 3 years ago

For people who keep trying to share links to my work or have decided to host public links to it: Please stop this. Doing so is disrespectful and goes against what you agreed to. Not to mention doing so could thwart my ability to move forward. If someone you know is interested in my audio work, please have them reach out to me.

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT: Apparently the most recent share I discovered had no ill intent. Sorry for flying off the handle again! I guess I just care about this project, maybe a little too emotionally at times.

#434 3 years ago

Absolutely amazing work!

I loaded this onto our family’s JP pro yesterday and can’t get over how big of an improvement this is over the stock audio callouts and music tracks. Night and day difference! The time and effort involved here must have been nothing short of massive. My 2 boys (10 and 7) had the biggest smiles on their faces when they heard actual sound bytes from one of our all time favorite movies. We spent a few hours tonight seeing how many different modes we could start just so we could hear all of the great clips.

Thank you very much for putting in all of this effort! From this thread it sounds like it was quite the undertaking! Also, thank you for going the extra mile to port this code to the pro model.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for sharing your talents and creation with our community!

Happy flipping

#435 3 years ago

Question, I have Tim's code on my machine and burned another SD with code 1.02 using etcher and the stern code from their site. Can I just swap code? One week 1.02 and the other week the 1.0 version from Tim? Any issues with node boards updates etc. I really do not want to brick my machine.

#436 3 years ago

Finally got my Premium delivered this morning. Played all day. Just updated the Audio and played another hour.....wow, just wow.

So good I might put it on the TMNT LE just delivered also.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Question, I have Tim's code on my machine and burned another SD with code 1.02 using etcher and the stern code from their site. Can I just swap code? One week 1.02 and the other week the 1.0 version from Tim? Any issues with node boards updates etc. I really do not want to brick my machine.

I don't think you have any risk of bricking your machine (famous last words though LOL). This is my understanding of how "swapping SDs can work" but I'm not an expert in the SD image realm (soon to be tho!).

I think sliprose lined it out best in this post but let me see if I can help with proposed steps below: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7#post-5733348

1. Have 2 SD Cards, let's call them SD(a) and SD(b).
2. Flash the stock 1.02 code onto both SD(a) and SD(b). SD(a) now becomes your stock 1.02 fallback, so put it aside for safekeeping/for updating any 1.03, 04 or w/e later release comes out.
3. Insert SD(b) into your machine
4. Fire up the machine. This should install 1.02 stock
5. While keeping SD(b) inserted, insert the USB with the custom 1.00 SPK code
6. Go through the install prompts for FULL + VERIFY = Yes

Result: You now have...
- SD(a) with fully stock 1.02 that you've set aside for safe keeping
- SD(b) with essentially the custom 1.00 based code on it

Now you can swap SD cards at will, no more USB nonsense to swap from custom 1.00 based code experience to a 1.02 stock experience, no more running through install prompts each time either.

From my minimal testing, you will see node board changes in either case (which I think means you get reverted to 1.00 mode changes with the custom SD(b) I think, but I'm not too sure).

I also think with this method too that your settings and scores will be retained but don't quote me on that. For me, if the screen confirms with a message "all settings and scores restored", then you're golden. Not sure what triggers this. When you don't see the message though that's an indication that likely nothing got saved and you're back to stock 1.00 or 1.02 settings depending on which SD you had at the time.

Someone in this thread will likely confirm/deny/correct everything I just said above. I'm still learning just like you are but I hope this helps. Future updates will not have any of this SPK nonsense, I can tell you that but also need to leave it at that for now.

#438 3 years ago

Tim's almost right.
I highly recommend backing up your settings and scores on a blank usb drive from the utility menu before swapping SD cards or changing code.
When you update/downgrade code via the usb method your settings/scores should save automatically, however there have been occasions when this did not happen.

Swapping SD cards will NOT automatically save anything. Those settings/scores are saved on the card

#439 3 years ago

Thanks I will try this approach.

#440 3 years ago

too anal? finally going to load this bad boy up this weekend!

2020-07-31 10.29.10 (resized).jpg2020-07-31 10.29.10 (resized).jpg
#441 3 years ago

FYI, the SD card in that pic didn't work. I went & found a 16GB that's not utlra & it worked fine.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

FYI, the SD card in that pic didn't work. I went & found a 16GB that's not utlra & it worked fine.

I bought a 16GB Ultra and it works. I think it could be a problem with the disk size not matching the intended card OR if for some reason yours wasn't formatted to FAT32.

This is the one I bought and it worked out of the box: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

#443 3 years ago

Upgraded to 1.0.2 and installed Tim’s file with no issues. After playing JP daily since December, it’s great to get a new experience. Tim, thanks so much for your hard work.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I bought a 16GB Ultra and it works. I think it could be a problem with the disk size not matching the intended card OR if for some reason yours wasn't formatted to FAT32.
This is the one I bought and it worked out of the box: amazon.com link »

that 1st card was 64GB SDXC. whether it's the size or the type, it wasn't compatible. once I switched to an old SD card, it worked no problem. was very easy to get a 2nd card all setup w/ my settings / high scores, & the new audio. loving the audio changes by the way & it's nice that I can easily swap back to the factory image.

#445 3 years ago

ATTN: PRO and PREM OWNERS - TESTERS NEEDED FOR MY 1.02 CUSTOM VERSIONS!

Great news! I have successfully created and tested on my own LE machine, a PREM/LE 1.02 based version that has all my sound replacements (from my 1.00 custom) in the right spots. I believe that within that effort, I've created a successful PRO version as well but I can't be sure since I don't own a PRO or PREM.

My current ask: For a handful of PRO and PREM owners to test these respective custom 1.02 based versions to verify the new sounds are in the right spots. Note that this will be the .raw / SD card method (not USB/.spk). Therefore, if you're willing to test, you will need to know how to flash these .raw files to an SD card and have an extra SD card on hand for it (aka please don't overwrite your existing SD card). I am only looking for folks who have spent a bit of time with my 1.00 based versions (b/c only they would know if something was off). If you meet these qualifications please PM me ASAP and I'll send the testing details. Thanks!

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Great news! I have successfully created and tested on my own LE machine, a PREM/LE 1.02 based version that has all my sound replacements (from my 1.00 custom) in the right spots. I believe that within that effort, I've created a successful PRO version as well but I can't be sure since I don't own a PRO or PREM.
My current ask: For a handful of PRO and PREM owners to test these respective custom 1.02 based versions to verify the new sounds are in the right spots. Note that this will be the .raw / SD card method (not USB/.spk). Therefore, if you're willing to test, you will need to know how to flash these .raw files to an SD card and have an extra SD card on hand for it (aka please don't overwrite your existing SD card). I am only looking for folks who have spent a bit of time with my 1.00 based versions (b/c only they would know if something was off). If you meet these qualifications please PM me ASAP and I'll send the testing details. Thanks!

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#447 3 years ago

Pretty sweet. I thought 1.0.2 would have been blocked, it would be great to run latest code with this sound package.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Great news!

Indeed great news!

I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your efforts.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Indeed great news!
I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your efforts.

Agreed!!!! ready to update to 1.02 and then load this bad boy...

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Agreed!!!! ready to update to 1.02 and then load this bad boy...

]

Me too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/9?hl=gblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.