D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 37.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

IMPORTANT PSA! I NEED A PRO OWNER'S HELP
------------------------------------------------
Screw it. You Pro owners need this. I'm going to take on the challenge. I just was able to figure out the sound script mapping to Pro. Given that didn't take me more than an hour or so, the only next step is the meticulous manual import of 404 sounds. I have just created a Pro version with some key replacements. Since I don't have a Pro I need someone to test this for me. Please PM me if you are interested in trying this out. If all goes well, I will continue.

PM sent. Just brought a pro home today. It is actually running 1.0 also. Not on 1.1 yet, if that matters.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Screw it. You Pro owners need this. I'm going to take on the challenge. I just was able to figure out the sound script mapping to Pro. Given that didn't take me more than an hour or so, the only next step is the meticulous manual import of 404 sounds. I have just created a Pro version with some key replacements. Since I don't have a Pro I need someone to test this for me. Please PM me if you are interested in trying this out. If all goes well, I will continue.

Best news ever!! Dude thanks so much. I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow (super late here right now) and am happy to assist if you need any more testers.

#303 3 years ago

More good news....I had 1.01 and used tims code and all went fine. No need to downgrade.

Loving It.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

More good news....I had 1.01 and used tims code and all went fine. No need to downgrade.
Loving It.

Oooooh now *this* is intriguing!

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Oooooh now *this* is intriguing!

I even went back and forth with both codes to mix things up....no issues. Now did that make your day??

#306 3 years ago

I even went back and forth with both codes to mix things up....no issues. Now did that make your day??

Hell yes it did! That seems to confirm that I can have my cake and eat it, too!

#307 3 years ago

Guys this code you're putting on is 1.0. let's stop spreading fake news.

You want Stern's latest code, you lose the custom audio. Simple as that

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

True, But Ive been thrilled with the game even prior to 1.0!

Whats there to lose? Enjoy it for Months, then Update, if and when that happens, and the differences are worth while.
Im thrilled to donate, to enjoy Tims Work, for as long as I wish....Its always there to come back to!

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well now I am confuse!

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Well now I am confuse!

Nothing to be confused. If you want to use this sound package, it works well with code out now.
When an update that is significant comes, it is true, that you will lose this sound package when you update again.

It is unknown when, and what that update will be about, as well as the fate of Pinball Browser software that makes this possible to be working.

Updating takes a few minutes, and you can go backwards in code, as well as forwards.

The Only gamble, is enjoying it!

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Well now I am confuse!

It’s been proven that you can install my code on top of 1.01. With that said, this does still mean you will be technically reverting to (and operating from) 1.00 when installing mine. In other words, you won’t have access to the minor 1.01 changes like the additional t-rex adjustments they put into that version. Hope this clarifies.

#312 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Quoted from imagamejunky:

No need to be anxious. Follow these steps...
If you don’t already own these,
Buy a 16gb class 10 SD card and 2 usb thumb drives (I use 16gb for these also)
You’ll need an external SD card reader for your pc if it doesn’t have a built in card reader.
Follow Stern’s instructions exactly! Download and flash the appropriate 1.01 JP card image to your new SD card.
Go here https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
If you haven’t already, download and install Tim’s .spk code. Copy his .spk file onto blank usb thumb drive A.
Turn on your JP and insert blank usb thumb drive B into the head.
Open utilities, save settings, press select to save settings
Remove usb thumb drive B, put aside, remember which one this is.
Turn off JP, remove stock SD card, put aside
Insert new SD card that you flashed.
Turn on JP
After it boots up insert usb thumb drive B
Open utilities, restore settings, select to restore settings
Verify that all of your settings are restored
Turn off JP, remove usb thumb drive B
Insert usb thumb drive A, turn on JP
Install Tim’s code
Turn off JP remove usb thumb drive A
Turn on JP
Your original settings should now be on your JP with Tim’s code. Settings and high scores are saved to the SD card.
You can easily swap SD cards back and forth (with your game off of course) so you can compare stock vs Tim’s.
You have a copy of your settings and scores saved for future on usb drive B
Junky

#313 3 years ago

Guys. Let me help here.
Stern writes code for a game. Complete code. All audio, video, IFTT (if this then that) programming, led colors, etc etc etc.
When they release an update (like .spk 1.01) they make some changes to the previous code. Sometimes changes are HUGE. Sometimes they are not. When you run the .spk you are changing parts of the previous code or adding completely new parts, not replacing the whole thing.
Ok..
Stern released 1.0. Then Tim made his version. His version IS Sterns 1.0 in every way but he swapped out hundreds of audio tracks. Everything else is 1.0.

Now, if you want Sterns 1.01 .spk update with the extra Trex goodies then you will be running Sterns stock audio along with it.

Stern created a blockade that stops pinball browser from working with 1.01. Its possible that eventually pinball browser will bypass Sterns blockade and then guys like Tim (and Cleland, me, and others) will be able to continue changing audio tracks in each of Sterns updates. But until that happens you will have to choose. Stay with Tim's 1.0 or update to Stern 1.0-whatever.
Hope that makes it clear as mud..

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Guys. Let me help here.
Stern writes code for a game. Complete code. All audio, video, IFTT (if this then that) programming, led colors, etc etc etc.
When they release an update (like .spk 1.01) they make some changes to the previous code. Sometimes changes are HUGE. Sometimes they are not. When you run the .spk you are changing parts of the previous code or adding completely new parts, not replacing the whole thing.
Ok..
Stern released 1.0. Then Tim made his version. His version IS Sterns 1.0 in every way but he swapped out hundreds of audio tracks. Everything else is 1.0.
Now, if you want Sterns 1.01 .spk update with the extra Trex goodies then you will be running Sterns stock audio along with it.
Stern created a blockade that stops pinball browser from working with 1.01. Its possible that eventually pinball browser will bypass Sterns blockade and then guys like Tim (and Cleland, me, and others) will be able to continue changing audio tracks in each of Sterns updates. But until that happens you will have to choose. Stay with Tim's 1.0 or update to Stern 1.0-whatever.
Hope that makes it clear as mud..

This sums things up perfectly, thank you @imagamejunky! If I could pin this to the thread I would (I'm awaiting a response from the mods to see if I can take ownership of the thread or if I need to create a new one).

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

GOOD NEWS: So far two folks have successfully installed and tested my Pro beta version! One started from 1.00, the other from 1.01 and both had successful results. I'm still waiting on a 3rd Pro owner's confirmation but things are looking good. I'll be plugging away this weekend at the other 390-ish sound replacements and follow-up here once it's in parity with the LE/Prem version. I may even make some improvements to both versions along the way. Will keep you guys posted!

#316 3 years ago

If I owned a pro i would be warming
up my PayPal to shoot u some bux
for taking this on for pro owners.
Awesome of you to do all this work .
You Will help sell more pro nibs for sure.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

You Will help sell more pro nibs for sure.

THIS

Stern needs to hire Tim

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

GOOD NEWS: So far two folks have successfully installed and tested my Pro beta version! One started from 1.00, the other from 1.01 and both had successful results. I'm still waiting on a 3rd Pro owner's confirmation but things are looking good. I'll be plugging away this weekend at the other 390-ish sound replacements and follow-up here once it's in parity with the LE/Prem version. I may even make some improvements to both versions along the way. Will keep you guys posted!

If you need a 3rd person to test send it my way, i've got some time this weekend. I'm on 1.01.

#319 3 years ago

FANTASTIC NEWS FOR PRO OWNERS! THE PRO VERSION IS COMPLETE!

I spent the entire day today importing my Prem/LE code version's 404 callouts and 22 music replacements into Pro 1.00. I literally just finished. In other words, the Pro version of my custom code is ready for all Pro owners to enjoy! Please PM me if you would like to install it.
(BTW I made some improvements along the way, so for now technically you Pro owners have a better version. Just some minor adjustments made so don't freak out if you're a Prem/LE owner. You probably wouldn't even notice them if I created a new version for ya. They will be a part of my additions once I can access versions 1.01+ via PBrowser.)

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Wow - this is awesome!!! Thank you Tim. Game changer here people...

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Nice job! This is a great sound track addition. My wife and I keep hearing different callouts all the time along with the intense music.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I spent the entire day today importing my Prem/LE code version's 404 callouts and 22 music replacements into Pro 1.00. I literally just finished. In other words, the Pro version of my custom code is ready for all Pro owners to enjoy! Please PM me if you would like to install it.
(BTW I made some improvements along the way, so for now technically you Pro owners have a better version. Just some minor adjustments made so don't freak out if you're a Prem/LE owner. You probably wouldn't even notice them if I created a new version for ya. They will be a part of my additions once I can access versions 1.01+ via PBrowser.)

Awesome job

#323 3 years ago

Random question for those who understand pinside more than I do: I need to somehow take ownership of this thread, especially so I can pin some of your guys' helpful responses about installing Pro vs. Prem/LE, 1.00 vs. 1.01, etc. I PM'd robin who helped me with other issues in the past but my message about this was sent 13 days ago and I haven't heard back. Is there a better way to contact a moderator to help me out?

#324 3 years ago

Could always just start a new one.

#325 3 years ago

Since my code is now able to be celebrated by all Pro, Prem, and LE owners I felt it only fitting to finally release the song I was inspired to write throughout this process -- Jurassick Dark. You can now listen to it in full via my Bandcamp or SoundCloud and download it if you wish.

Bandcamp: https://timstiles.bandcamp.com/track/jurassick-dark
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/tim-stiles/jurassick-dark-master-v3-w-cuts-by-qreepz

I can't thank you guys enough for the overwhelmingly positive response for this work. It elates me that I'm making everyone's experience with this already amazing pin so much better. I've been cataloging every praise and criticism. I may even write another song based on this experience alone. For now, please enjoy both the new audio experience and "Jurassick Dark" if you are a fan!

I think Dr. Alan Grant said it best, "The world has just changed so radically and we're all... running to catch up." I'm glad I added that sample to the song.

Please enjoy and share!

Jurassick Dark Cover25pct (resized).pngJurassick Dark Cover25pct (resized).png
#326 3 years ago

Couldn't find an answer to this by searching. I am getting ready to load Tim's pro version over 1.01. I'm a little paranoid about losing the settings and scores. Stupid question, but does saving the settings on a USB stick also save the scores?

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

Couldn't find an answer to this by searching. I am getting ready to load Tim's pro version over 1.01. I'm a little paranoid about losing the settings and scores. Stupid question, but does saving the settings on a USB stick also save the scores?

Mine all moved over loading over 1.01. Choose FULL + VERIFY. Check my post in the JP owners thread.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Good for you buddy! That would have taken much longer for someone else to stumble through the process of trying to convert it to the pro. I don't even have the game (yet?) but I definitely respect the commitment and work put into it. The custom sound on my LOTR is a literal game changer for me so I can understand the excitement by everyone.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

Yes, usb save utility saves both.
The pin should save both automatically when you install from your current 1.01 to Tim's 1.0, but to be on the safe side I recommend using the usb save utility beforehand. Just in case.

And "quick" is just fine. No need to do a "full".

#330 3 years ago

The install from 1.01 went smoothly. Did full and verify. All scores and settings were retained. Can't wait to spend some time playing. Thanks Tim for all your work.

#331 3 years ago

Wait, you where able to install 1.01 and not loose Tims sound edits???

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Good for you buddy! That would have taken much longer for someone else to stumble through the process of trying to convert it to the pro. I don't even have the game (yet?) but I definitely respect the commitment and work put into it. The custom sound on my LOTR is a literal game changer for me so I can understand the excitement by everyone.

I had to do it. It would be wrong for Pro owners not to be able to enjoy the improvements. I was so thankful to figure out that the Pro sound script locations were identical to the Prem/LE version in 1.00. I've had to deal with those location changes since I started working in this in .96 all the way up to 1.00. Given that the Pro and Prem/LE bookmarks ended up being parity in 1.00, I decided to go to town, manually adding all 404 callouts and 22 music replacements. Took me a couple days (probably 18 hours or so) but less time than I'd though it would. And yes to have some poor soul who I'd have to teach my methods to do this instead, not to mention hosting all those sound files would have taken way longer.

#333 3 years ago

I put Tim's sounds onto my JP Pro and it is awesome. It changes the feel of the game. I just put it on today so haven't had an opportunity to explore it in depth, but it is certainly appears worthwhile from my playing a number of games.

My install went super smooth. Here's what I did:
1) got the sd card .raw image from Stern website (v1.01); 2) Flashed a new SD Card with the Stern .raw image (16gb Cat 10); 3) Saved settings from JP Pro onto a USB; 4) pulled out factory sd card and swapped in my newly flashed one 5) Put in another USB with Tim's file, turned on machine and quick update started; 5) after update finished, I put back in the saved settings USB and loaded the file to restore settings.

Because I did it this way, I don't know if high scores & settings would have been preserved if I just ran Tim's update on my v1.01 on the original SD card. I did it this way as now I have 2 sd cards I can use when playing: 1) factory 2) Tim's audio - just need to switch them out whenever I feel the urge to change up the game. SD cards are so cheap, mine was $5 delivered, and it's a great way to keep flexibility by having 2 versions and to have a backup for whatever reason.

BTW - after Tim's update, splash screen has version as 1.00, even though I started with v1.01.

Bravo to Tim on doing this project!

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Wait, you where able to install 1.01 and not loose Tims sound edits???

No, he said "The install from 1.01 went smoothly". As in, from 1.01 to 1.0 with the custom sound. I think that's your wishful thinking affecting your eyesight lol.

#335 3 years ago

I don’t think there are many noticeable code/gameplay changes for the pro from 1.0 to 1.01. From what I have read it is mostly T-Rex adjustments on the premium/LE. I have not noticed any differences. Which is why this audio package is so welcomed on the pro. I am sure someone will correct me, but def worth it on the pro and I have barely heard yet what is included in this package. Tim was great to work with.

Tim, I will set up a Venmo tomorrow and send you a donation for your efforts. (Can’t do PayPal ever again). Thanks again!

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I put Tim's sounds onto my JP Pro and it is awesome. It changes the feel of the game. I just put it on today so haven't had an opportunity to explore it in depth, but it is certainly appears worthwhile from my playing a number of games.
1) got the sd card .raw image from Stern website (v1.01); 2) Flashed a new SD Card with the Stern .raw image (16gb Cat 10); 3) Saved settings from JP Pro onto a USB; 4) pulled out factory sd card and swapped in my newly flashed one 5) Put in another USB with Tim's file, turned on machine and quick update started; 5) after update finished, I put back in the saved settings USB and loaded the file to restore settings.
Because I did it this way, I don't know if high scores & settings would have been preserved if I just ran Tim's update on my v1.01 on the original SD card. I did it this way as now I have 2 sd cards I can use when playing: 1) factory 2) Tim's audio - just need to switch them out whenever I feel the urge to change up the game. SD cards are so cheap, mine was $5 delivered, and it's a great way to keep flexibility by having 2 versions and to have a backup for whatever reason.
BTW - after Tim's update, splash screen has version as 1.00, even though I started with v1.01.

Thank you Tim for answering the prayers of the JP pro owners!

I installed the new mix almost exactly the same way as Jarbyjibbo did above and it is awesome! The way the new quotes and music have been incorporated is spectacular and it really lifts the game to an even higher level - Thankyou, you are doing gods work!

As I now have two SD cards I will continue to update the original card with the standard code as it continues to develop and switch between the two cards occasionally, but hopefully there is a way forward for Pinball Browser to start working again with future game code updates so we can have the best of both worlds!

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Glad it went well, but I don’t think you have to do all of that at all....new code from Tim on a usb stick, Full install and Verify. You can literally start playing when the attract screen comes with zero adjustments. Or maybe I just got lucky.

#338 3 years ago

QQ for all of those who've spent time with my code. Has anyone heard, "Clever Girl" from the movie yet? I actually can't remember the last time I did or if I ever have, actually. I did swap out that exact same callout in the game's stock actor(s) lines with the movie version. I thought when doing so it played during some part of the build-up to or during raptor MB itself (there are all kinds of variations I replaced in that entire sequence). Now I'm thinking either the game doesn't play that script ever OR that it's only triggered during the "Raptors In The Kitchen" mode (which I have only got to a couple times). I'd love to know if anyone has heard it in any part of their playing time and when.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

QQ for all of those who've spent time with my code. Has anyone heard, "Clever Girl" from the movie yet? I actually can't remember the last time I did or if I ever have, actually. I did swap out that exact same callout in the game's stock actor(s) lines with the movie version. I thought when doing so it played during some part of the build-up to or during raptor MB itself (there are all kinds of variations I replaced in that entire sequence). Now I'm thinking either the game doesn't play that script ever OR that it's only triggered during the "Raptors In The Kitchen" mode (which I have only got to a couple times). I'd love to know if anyone has heard it in any part of their playing time and when.

I think I did hear it, I had a million balls flying around. I did hear that's a big pile of shit...HAHAHAAH

#340 3 years ago

I think I did hear it, I had a million balls flying around. I did hear that's a big pile of shit...HAHAHAAH

Ah ok good it just may not get triggered as often as other lines in that sequence. I'll keep listening.

Ha, yeah I decided that big pile of shit line was fitting for a ball drained/saved variation. Glad you approve!

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I did hear, "Clever Girl!" It made me smile when it came across. I wasn't paying attention to what triggered it.

I did the USB only, FULL + Verify over 1.01 code. 1.0 is now the active installation. It has seemed to work flawlessly, except for the first test game. (See Photo) It displayed "MODE NAME" under T-REX. I presume the label "MODE NAME" is a coding place holder that shouldn't be displayed. After rebooting, I haven't seen it since, so it might have been a fluke. This might be a Stern 1.0 issue, not one from @timlah79.

This really does take the game to another level. I just have to keep my kids from mentioning the aforementioned Jeff Goldbloom line about the dung pile to my wife!

20200704_231615 (resized).jpg20200704_231615 (resized).jpg
#342 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I did hear, "Clever Girl!" It made me smile when it came across. I wasn't paying attention to what triggered it.
I did the USB only, FULL + Verify over 1.01 code. 1.0 is now the active installation. It has seemed to work flawlessly, except for the first test game. (See Photo) It displayed "MODE NAME" under T-REX. I presume the label "MODE NAME" is a coding place holder that shouldn't be displayed. After rebooting, I haven't seen it since, so it might have been a fluke. This might be a Stern 1.0 issue, not one from timlah79.
This really does take the game to another level. I just have to keep my kids from mentioning the aforementioned Jeff Goldbloom line about the dung pile to my wife!
[quoted image]

I've never seen that MODE NAME thing but I haven't paid much attention to the video display. That has to be an anomaly, not introduced by my code. After yours and Royale-W-Cheese 's answer, I want to say that Clever Girl does play at the last cage hit which starts raptor multiball, just super randomly OR it plays at some point during when you trap a ball in the cage. Good to know you've at least heard it. As far as Full vs. Quick install and what version you start from, I'm also unaware of the differences. I can't imagine that makes a difference for when/if certain callouts play but I'll claim ignorance on that front. Thanks for at least confirming that my addition of that line actually plays!

Oh and as far as that Goldblum line, the game seems to trigger the other, non-cursing lines I replaced more often. It usually plays, "at least you're out of the tree", "they're expensive, put em back", "It's alright, I've got you (Dr. Grant)", "bounces it back...", maybe others I can't remember right now. That one though makes me laugh and feel better immediately once I realize the drain and that I just killed any further ball save.

In any case, you'll never hear the awful stock actors for ball saved with my code, only JP original movie lines that I meticulously replaced.

#343 3 years ago

I tried out the code tonight. It's nice to hear the real dialog but I ended up going back to stock because so many of the callouts were random and didn't fit the moment in the game. The stock callouts are pretty bad but at least they make sense. It would be great to have a version of this that trims out all the callouts that don't relate to anything in the game.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I tried out the code tonight. It's nice to hear the real dialog but I ended up going back to stock because so many of the callouts were random and didn't fit the moment in the game. The stock callouts are pretty bad but at least they make sense. It would be great to have a version of this that trims out all the callouts that don't relate to anything in the game.

seenev The callout replacement decisions I made were anything but "random." They were meticulously decided upon and I didn't replace callouts that I felt were needed for direction. There's no way I could ever please everyone. For you to say that my decisions don't "make sense" needs specific clarification if you're going to post your opinion publicly. You are the first to raise such concern. I don't like this post as it feels like a slap in the face. Please PM me with the specific replacements you feel don't make sense or somehow take away from the gameplay.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was just playing the game tonight and thinking that the call out choices and placement of this version are excellent. I only wish I was a better player for I can experience more of them deeper in the game

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

seenev The callout replacement decisions I made were anything but "random." They were meticulously decided upon and I didn't replace callouts that I felt were needed for direction. There's no way I could ever please everyone. For you to say that my decisions don't "make sense" needs specific clarification if you're going to post your opinion publicly. You are the first to raise such concern. I don't like this post as it feels like a slap in the face. Please PM me with the specific replacements you feel don't make sense or somehow take away from the gameplay.

I already uninstalled it and only played a few games on it. I wasn't taking notes. It just felt like a sound board bombarding movie quotes into the game. Some made sense but some seemed unrelated to anything going on in the game. It's great if everyone else loves it, but it's not for me. The stock audio feels more focused.

You really need to chill out dude. This guy literally pmed me saying "Not an ok post from you. Please be specific or delete it." You should learn to take criticism without freaking out. And your post in the club thread suggesting that the high spot for the game in the top 100 is due to your sound mix is laughable. I cringed when I read that. Don't take yourself so seriously.

#347 3 years ago

Look - I think the custom audio is a huge game changer and seenev is either trolling or could have the worst taste in pinball history BUT he's free to speak his opinion regardless how wrong it might be.

Would be nice to provide some additional details but that's life. People are going to disagree with everything. No worries Tim, your audio update is a huge success.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

seenev beat me to it but you really need to not take this personally. When folks praise you, you don't ask for specifics. It's ok for some folks to not like your mix. I also have mixed feelings about it. I am keeping it installed because of the better music. I personally do not like all these "random" movie quotes as well. While they are funny/memorable in the context of the movie, this pinball game is NOT based on the movie. It's almost like an alternate timeline/reboot. So to have the kids, malcom, grant, sadler, say things in this game makes little sense since they aren't in the game at all. Who are these people?? (if you don't know the movie). Yes it was funny in the movie. Not in this game. You want a few specifics? Where is the pile of shit and what does falling off a cliff have to do with a pile of shit? Why must someone wash their hands before eating anything? If you don't know the movie this makes no sense and has nothing to do with the gameplay. The movie is 17 years old btw....

On the other hand, having the narrator say:"Dilophosaurus, a beautiful but deadly addition to Jurassic Park" when you start that paddock is pure brilliance! Totally related to gameplay.

It's not personal. I know how much work you've put into this. The quality of your work is above and beyond what I'd expect from Pinside. It's the artistic direction you took that doesn't resonate with seenev and somewhat with me too. You will never please everybody and that's ok!! I'd still like to have you over for beer and some pinball!!

As I said for me the musical improvements make it worthwhile to keep it installed. However when a code update comes along I won't hesitate to go with it if it brings more to the game.

Breath in-breath out.

#349 3 years ago

If your buying this game you know this movie, it is called jurassic park and is based off the movie. TIms callouts fit this game perfectly.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If your buying this game you know this movie, it is called jurassic park and is based off the movie. TIms callouts fit this game perfectly.

Based on the movie yes. It's not the movie - different plot and story line. I still don't like the irrelevant callouts. Not everybody that plays pinball know this movie as well as I do. My kids (early 20's) are a good example. They don't get the jokes/quotes that Tim added.

Glad you like it and that you are sharing your opinion. That doesn't make it true or right. It's an opinion. Just like my opinion - it's not truth or fact. It's a personal point of view.

I feel the same way about alternate art packages. It might be beautiful art but if it's unrelated to the actual game(show/movie/era) then it's a big NO for me. I've mostly seen this for Star Trek(wrong characters/ships).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.