D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ok so I don't know if it's Tim's new audio I just effortlessly installed but I just had one of my all time best games. I just installed the code over my 1.01 and it has breathed new life into this game. The original film orchestration and callouts so tastefully used in all the right places, this is the version I wish Stern would have released originally. THANK YOU Tim for all your hard work and contribution to the community. Love your custom game over track!

FYI: For anyone who already has 1.01 installed this is confirmation that my custom code (based on 1.00) will install successfully over that. I'm super relieved to know this. Adam and I walked through it on the phone without a hitch.

#202 3 years ago

I think I've responded to all PM's but if I haven't responded to you please LMK by sending me a new message. I'm super excited to get everyone's feedback!

#203 3 years ago

For anyone who has installed, which install options did you choose. I haven't had an issue installing code but just tried this using quick install and no verify (I've always done this) and now it can't find 3 node boards. I'm on a premium and was on the 1.0 code before.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

FYI: For anyone who already has 1.01 installed this is confirmation that my custom code (based on 1.00) will install successfully over that. I'm super relieved to know this. Adam and I walked through it on the phone without a hitch.

no way....is this really true...we can install it on current code....thats great.....I have not played in awhile...I cant even recall what was the biggest change from 1 to 1.01.

Thanks again.

#205 3 years ago

Just tried the full install with verify and same error, no boards 1 8 and 9 not responding. Haven't had any issues updating code in the past and the machine was fine directly before the code update. I'm hoping this is something simple

#206 3 years ago

Coindoor power interlock not pulled out?

#207 3 years ago

Yeah...I'll admit to a bonehead move. I had the damn coin door open when I power cycled the machine. Nothing wrong with the code whatsoever and something wrong with my brain this morning

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

no way....is this really true...we can install it on current code....thats great.....I have not played in awhile...I cant even recall what was the biggest change from 1 to 1.01.
Thanks again.

Code is 1.0. It’s not the latest

#209 3 years ago

Not really worth updating to code 1.01 really adds Nothing. I think stern did this just to block pin browser. I am keeping mine to 1.0

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Not really worth updating to code 1.01 really adds Nothing. I think stern did this just to block pin browser. I am keeping mine to 1.0

Thanks for the info...

Cmon Tim where are you.....need my code...lol

#211 3 years ago

I WISH pinball browser still worked with current code. I would love to have this awesome audio mix. Kudos to you guys for all of your hard work. Great job!
For me personally I prefer 1.01 over 1.0.
The biggest change is-
"added 'T-REX EVENT STARTS ON RAMP ENTER' - YES - allows the mode to start if the Ramp Enter switch is hit, NO - T-Rex must register a catch to start the mode, Defaults to NO"
This helps the game progress better IMO because there are SO MANY Trex catch rejects on my machine.
There are also a ton of Trex adjustments in 1.01.
I'm hopeful that someone will be able to crack the issue with PB browser. This is a bummer.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I WISH pinball browser still worked with current code. I would love to have this awesome audio mix. Kudos to you guys for all of your hard work. Great job!
For me personally I prefer 1.01 over 1.0.
The biggest change is-
"added 'T-REX EVENT STARTS ON RAMP ENTER' - YES - allows the mode to start if the Ramp Enter switch is hit, NO - T-Rex must register a catch to start the mode, Defaults to NO"
This helps the game progress better IMO because there are SO MANY Trex catch rejects on my machine.
There are also a ton of Trex adjustments in 1.01.
I'm hopeful that someone will be able to crack the issue with PB browser. This is a bummer.

Yes, what happened with 1.01 was/is fairly devastating. The fact that I can't work from 1.01 or any moving forward is one of the main reasons I had to stop for now. As I understand it, the developer of PBrowser is trying to figure out a fix but I haven't seen any progress or ETA .

I do feel lucky that I was working from the version just before = 1.00 and that there weren't any gameplay improvements in 1.01. Sucks to hear that people are still having catch issues and needing to rely on that 1.01 t-rex adjustment suite. I still have catch issues even after a brand new t-rex assembly, node board, and the new opto bracket fix they started sending out. I really wish I had better news for you. If a fix does come that will definitely motivate me to port the custom code to 1.01. For now, I'm stuck.

#213 3 years ago

WOW - BLOWN AWAY by how good this mix is. Completely takes this games sound to the next level. I can’t recommend this mix enough. Great job!

The only change I made was to the closing song as I like the original JP theme much more than the rap but that’s such a small change. Awesome work.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

WOW - BLOWN AWAY by how good this mix is. Completely takes this games sound to the next level. I can’t recommend this mix enough. Great job!
The only change I made was to the closing song as I like the original JP theme much more than the rap but that’s such a small change. Awesome work.

I am about to fire her up now and feel the new experience...

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's amazing to hear, especially from you delt (knowing all the work you've also put into your own custom code)!!! Yeah, I was afraid the song might not be everyone's cup of tea, no offense taken (Delt is referring to the end game music being replaced by a snippet of my unreleased song, "Jurassick Dark.") I couldn't help but include it, since this whole experience was what inspired me to write it.

I hope most folks like it but if more people find that they don't, I'll create an alternate code version that has the original song instead. For people who do, I'm happy to send the full song file to ya (it's currently unreleased, awaiting my next album). Please PM me in either case! I'm loving all the feedback so far, you guys are awesome.

#216 3 years ago

Please, please, please can somebody help make this available for pro owners. We already have to live with the fact that our T-Rex doesn't move, please don't deny us this experience as well

With timlah79's permission, maybe a JP Pro owner with Pinbrowser experience could help transfer the mix files across to the 1.0 pro code?

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

okay ..........blown away with this code. I am still smiling and love the ending...wifey wants alt version of the norm....not me...you are a evil genius man.

I LOVE YOUR MUSIC...WOW.

I had no idea about Jurassic DARK....time to make a youtube video....buying a tripod now...lol.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

That's amazing to hear, especially from you delt (knowing all the work you've also put into your own custom code)!!! Yeah, I was afraid the song might not be everyone's cup of tea, no offense taken (Delt is referring to the end game music being replaced by a snippet of my unreleased song, "Jurassick Dark.") I couldn't help but include it, since this whole experience was what inspired me to write it.
I hope most folks like it but if more people find that they don't, I'll create an alternate code version that has the original song instead. For people who do, I'm happy to send the full song file to ya (it's currently unreleased, awaiting my next album). Please PM me in either case! I'm loving all the feedback so far, you guys are awesome.

Amazing work Tim, as expected! Thanks so much. Love the track but also thinking if you do one with alternate (for originality purposes) I’d be in also.

This will be a must have mod guys!

Cheers!

#219 3 years ago

Best mod for the game by far. What really makes a difference is the OST music playing during modes and throughout - really feel like you’re in the JP movie.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

okay ..........blown away with this code. I am still smiling and love the ending...wifey wants alt version of the norm....not me...you are a evil genius man.
I LOVE YOUR MUSIC...WOW.
I had no idea about Jurassic DARK....time to make a youtube video....buying a tripod now...lol.

I would be so thankful if you made a YT video since the one ShineSpark made is out of date (that was made about 7 or 8 versions ago--his music additions are all relevant there but I've added almost twice as many callouts replacements since). I simply can't get into all the modes b/c I suck and I don't have a video set up like he does. He's insanely busy at the moment too so if you want to create something to show everyone the current state, that would be epic.

#221 3 years ago

One thing I forgot to mention in my lengthy response to you all and something I wanted to reiterate to ensure you to have the best experience with the custom audio/audio in general:

1) Try playing with turning the ADJ -> GAME -> JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH ON and OFF:
ON = Plays the multiple long scripts at random that I created but most of the time will not play the various paddock intros I replaced for both of the first possible paddocks (Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus). I feel like the game chooses the paddock intro over the long script like only 10% of the time.
OFF = Never plays the multiple long scripts at random that I created but will randomly cycle through the various Brachiosaur and Gallimimus replacement intros I made.

2) AFTER Installing:
- Check your audio settings. Sometimes installing new code will change your BACKBOX SPEAKER setting to 4 Ohms. This should be set to 8 Ohms. Verify and adjust this via UTILS -> VOLUME -> BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE -> 8 Ohms.
*TURN THE VOLUME DOWN FIRST* to around 12 or less since flipping this will boost the volume.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Please, please, please can somebody help make this available for pro owners. We already have to live with the fact that our T-Rex doesn't move, please don't deny us this experience as well
With timlah79's permission, maybe a JP Pro owner with Pinbrowser experience could help transfer the mix files across to the 1.0 pro code?

timlah79 will you have a problem if somebody is able to do this?

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

if you love JP, get the premium. It's so much better than the pro. And now you can also use this amazing code!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Porting this to a Pro would be a huge undertaking. I've already had to spend many hours porting/sustaining my customizations with the LE/Prem code to code release instead of good time spent with the audio. Each time Stern releases a new code that includes changes to the scripts' locations and many adjustments to bookmarks have to be made. Not to mention there are bugs with the PBrowser macro upload method that have taken me steps backwards many times--to the point where everything I've done has been manually added sound by sound, script by script (you can see my posts about that in the official PB thread). Also, I have no idea how a Pro differs from the LE/Prem code 1.00 today. If you know someone who wants to take that on, I am open to the idea but please have them ping me. They will need to know what I'm referring to & already be a PBrowser expert. I definitely want Pro owners to have this experience but I cannot put any time into that right now.

#225 3 years ago

DELETED - Accidentally added a new post :/

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

if you love JP, get the premium. It's so much better than the pro. And now you can also use this amazing code!

Man I'd love to but not all of us are made of $ especially here in Australia where pin prices are sliding off the charts! As a reference we are paying $3500 more for a pro than we did back in 2011 and last I looked JP premiums where selling here for $12250 (with no discount), but because prices may go up again on the next order the distributor currently doesn't have a price set on them.

I appreciate it is not an easy task to simply transfer over the LE mix but it is good that timlah79 is open to somebody doing this. I work in TV and would attempt this myself but it is my understanding that Pinbrowser won't run on Macs. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can eventually find a way to make this happen for the JP pro guys.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Man I'd love to but not all of us are made of $ especially here in Australia where pin prices are sliding off the charts! As a reference we are paying $3500 more for a pro than we did back in 2011 and last I looked JP premiums where selling here for $12250 (with no discount), but because prices may go up again on the next order the distributor currently doesn't have a price set on them.
I appreciate it is not an easy task to simply transfer over the LE mix but it is good that timlah79 is open to somebody doing this. I work in TV and would attempt this myself but it is my understanding that Pinbrowser won't run on Macs. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can eventually find a way to make this happen for the JP pro guys.

That price is insane. Wouldn't it be better to buy from a US owner and then ship to Australia?

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That price is insane. Wouldn't it be better to buy from a US owner and then ship to Australia?

That's frowned on as Stern have a distributor network that they support, as such the newer Sterns have hertz freq protection so a US machine (60Hz) won't work here (50Hz), also warranty becomes very "interesting" if you were to ship in a NIB.

We are well supported over here, but it does cost us an arm & leg (the distributor has to pass on the costs they incur such as shipping costs, customs & tax not only on the machines but all the parts needed to provide warranty in timely fashion). Just one of things we face for being downunder

#229 3 years ago

Hello pm send

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That's frowned on as Stern have a distributor network that they support, as such the newer Sterns have hertz freq protection so a US machine (60Hz) won't work here (50Hz), also warranty becomes very "interesting" if you were to ship in a NIB.
We are well supported over here, but it does cost us an arm & leg (the distributor has to pass on the costs they incur such as shipping costs, customs & tax not only on the machines but all the parts needed to provide warranty in timely fashion). Just one of things we face for being downunder

I understand. I wouldn't be in Pinball if I had to pay that amount for a Stern. Crazy.

Btw love Australia!

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Wow those prices are nuts.....u would almost be better off buying nice HUO games in the USA and then shipping them via slow boat...converting the power probably isn't a big deal

#232 3 years ago

I'll be streaming this tonight at 8 Eastern for those who want to hear it: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#233 3 years ago

Hi all. I wanted to clarify that the version I’ve shared with you has a snippet of my own song (Jurassick Dark) at the end game sequence instead of the stock closing theme. Some people have preferred the stock theme instead and I can totally understand that. If you feel the same, please PM me and I’ll share a different code version that has the stock closing theme instead (unfortunately the game only allows for one song file there so I can’t make a version that plays one and/or the other). The song is unreleased but if you want to listen to it before deciding I will PM you a private SoundCloud link to it.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hi all. I wanted to clarify that the version I’ve shared with you has a snippet of my own song (Jurassick Dark) at the end game sequence instead of the stock closing theme. Some people have preferred the stock theme instead and I can totally understand that. If you feel the same, please PM me and I’ll share a different code version that has the stock closing theme instead (unfortunately the game only allows for one song file there so I can’t make a version that plays one and/or the other). The song is unreleased but if you want to listen to it before deciding I will PM you a private SoundCloud link to it.

I love yours but wifey likes the regular ending...please email me the original version.

Thanks.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow those prices are nuts.....u would almost be better off buying nice HUO games in the USA and then shipping them via slow boat...converting the power probably isn't a big deal

Changing to 230V isn't the issue but the newer Sterns have hertz freq protection so a US machine (60Hz) won't work here (50Hz), I believe you need replace one of the internal boards ... but most people probably wouldn't want to risk buying a machine, shipping it over to then try and get it to work.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Changing to 230V isn't the issue but the newer Sterns have hertz freq protection so a US machine (60Hz) won't work here (50Hz), I believe you need replace one of the internal boards ... but most people probably wouldn't want to risk buying a machine, shipping it over to then try and get it to work.

There are some guys on Gumtree parallel importing them. There's a guy in Sydney who's been flipping machines for years who's selling NIB Sterns. I don't know what the story is as I've never bothered contacting him about. He must have some method though.

#237 3 years ago

Here's one game from last night's stream as a sample of the sound package:

#238 3 years ago

Watched the Buffalo vid. I appreciate the hours required are a huge problem but man it sucks this isn't available for the Pro, it's an absolute game changer. Turns generic dino theme into full blown J-Park. Brilliant work

#239 3 years ago

With this sound package, this game could be considered the best pinball machine ever. I would upgrade to a premium.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

With this sound package, this game could be considered the best pinball machine ever. I would upgrade to a premium.

It really did blow the lid off of this machine. I am really loving the new sound package and it drives the level of immersion and theme integration way up!

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Agreed - this REALLY makes a big diff. Loving my game even more.

#242 3 years ago

Sounds great! Only thing I'd need to change is the end credits music. Wife very much wants the movie end music in the game & the credits seems like the perfect spot.

#243 3 years ago

Hi Everyone

I have something that might seem like a very stupid question
I have 0.98 code on JP Limited,
Just noticed this when installing the custom code
"- If you are on an earlier than 1.00 code release, I recommend you install 1.00 first. I am not sure if it matters but I do know that node changes have occurred in between official versions. In summary, I highly suggest you verify everything is working with 1.00, then install this custom code."

Does anyone know where I can find the 1.00 code?

Its not availble at Stern, there is only the latest 1.01 available to download.

I tried to udpate the JP with the custom code from Tim, but it didnt work, so it might be due to above.

Many thanks for any help

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Hi Everyone
"- If you are on an earlier than 1.00 code release, I recommend you install 1.00 first. I am not sure if it matters but I do know that node changes have occurred in between official versions. In summary, I highly suggest you verify everything is working with 1.00, then install this custom code."
I tried to udpate the JP with the custom code from Tim, but it didnt work, so it might be due to above.
Many thanks for any help

Checked with Tim?

#245 3 years ago

I had 1.01 installed on my LE and then installed the custom rom and it worked fine, so in theory you could install 1.01 and then the custom rom and be fine.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I had 1.01 installed on my LE and then installed the custom rom and it worked fine, so in theory you could install 1.01 and then the custom rom and be fine.

This

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Same here. Already had 1.01 and downgraded the other day with the custom 1.00 image.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Hi Everyone
Many thanks for any help

I sorted Captain_Howdy 's question via PM and gave him a link to the original 1.00 code to install and validate before installing mine. To be clear, my code is built from 1.00. Again I'm not sure if that's necessary to install the stock 1.00 before installing mine, I just figured it might be best to do so b/c certain code versions update your node boards in tandem. I do have a copy of the original 1.00 version for anyone who is on < 1.00, just PM me.

Also, going from 1.01 to my 1.00 based version has been proven to work without issue. Hope this helps anyone who has questions/concerns!

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Is that the price including taxes? Here in Europe a stern premium costs €8750,- now a days. That's like 14280,- Australian dollars! A limited edition €10.750,- (with 21% sales taxes). I'm done buying NIB pinballs, pinballs are becoming like cars, once you've set them up and played then you loose at least €1000,-........

Brilliaint and must have sound mod though! A friend of mine has a JPLE, will point this thread out to him!

#250 3 years ago

NOTE: For anyone wondering about how to keep the settings they've changed after installing my code, it appears that Full + Verify does it. I have not tested this myself but I have verified from two people who started with 1.01 that this method worked and kept all of their settings.
1. Load only my SPK to the root of your USB drive (no need to have the 2 stock files on there which come in Stern's original .zip)
2. Choose my one and only update file from the install prompt.
3. Select FULL and VERIFY

Again, you can do any combination (Quick + No Verify, Quick + Verify, Full + No Verify, Full + Verify) starting from either 1.00 or 1.01 and my code should install successfully each time. It's just a bonus if your settings don't get wiped.
I still do recommend that you at least install the stock 1.00 code first if you are on an older aka <1.00 version before installing mine due to the node changes that have occurred through 0.96, 0.97, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/5?hl=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.