D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You guys are awesome - so excited about this.

I am a fan. Upgraded Suites on the pinball cruise for you guys for sure..Payment rendered...ha

2 weeks later
#102 4 years ago

Just wanted to provide an update. Although we haven't posted in a while, this project is still underway. It's just two of us and we're working on it constantly in between both our 9-5's and for me personally, my own music. There are potentially 3k+ script vocals to be bookmarked, then selected, edited and replaced, alongside matching up to JP movie(s) lines wherever possible. We're also working on custom music and vocal overlays to existing FX and music. So you can imagine the amount of time needed to do this the right way. We're being meticulous about covering all bases, so that in the end we've got a fully comprehensive, highest quality, exceeding JP fan expectations SPK that's also scalable to later Stern code releases. No ETA yet at this time, but the finished product will be amazing. Thanks for being patient!

#103 4 years ago

Cant wait! Hope there is a pro version too!

#104 4 years ago

Thank you so much for the update and all of your hard work. This is the only reason I go to Pinside much at all lately is to see if there are any posts on this thread!!

Cheers!!

Brian

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thank you so much for the update and all of your hard work. This is the only reason I go to Pinside much at all lately is to see if there are any posts on this thread!!
Cheers!!
Brian

Yeah sorry that my update is basically no update . I don't think either of us realized at first what an undertaking this is. However it hasn't swayed our determination. We're exercising (while learning about) all kinds of technologies that are helping us overcome hurdles in the process. It's been quite a ride so far. I think I've taught myself more about regex than I ever wanted to know and hawkmoon is doing some nutso audio cleanup magic and implementing algorithms that I bet most audio folks have no clue about. One minor thing in the grand scheme of things that keeps stalling us is that after each code release we have to re-map our thousands of bookmarks we've already entered manually to any changes made by Stern. Hawk already mediated that adaptation hurdle through his wizardry after the last one though.
I look forward to providing an actual ETA but it could be a while before we can confidently do so. It's all gonna be magical in the end as we originally intended.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Cant wait! Hope there is a pro version too!

I'm pretty sure the way we're going about it it will be adaptable to the Pro code but no promises yet! In the end it's all about Stern's script/sound mappings for the Pro vs LE/Prem firmware. If they do/include all the same sound mappings for all it should work for us to make a Pro spk the way we're going about it. Haven't been able to confirm that yet but makes sense to consider.

1 week later
#107 4 years ago

So excited about this! Thanks so much for all your hard work on this project guys!
I just got my premium last week and can’t wait for some actual sound clips from the movie!!

#108 4 years ago

Definitely what this game needs, call outs are not 'bad' but with a theme so iconic (for me anyways) not what I hear in my head thats for sure!

#109 4 years ago

New premium owner here. Thank you for all the work you are putting in. Excited to see the final product.

#110 4 years ago

Any chance we can get the work you have gotten into the game so far? And once you have finished we can reinstall the final code?

1 week later
#111 4 years ago

Any news on some updates ?

#112 4 years ago

Pinball browser is bricked for ver. .97 so it'll be a bit until any edits to the new code can happen.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Pinball browser is bricked for ver. .97 so it'll be a bit until any edits to the new code can happen.

I did a full install, now I know just to do a quick in the future. I lost the call outs.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I did a full install, now I know just to do a quick in the future. I lost the call outs.

AFAIK a quick install still wipes the callouts? There were also a bunch of new callouts in the last update so I imagine it would scramble the sound request numbers.

3 weeks later
#115 4 years ago

Got my premium on order, hope to hear something soon when shipping, but this new sound code will be a must for sure!

Looking forward to hearing about the ETA of final work!

#116 4 years ago

Following! I plan on getting a premium later this year

#117 4 years ago

quote request: somehow get the line "when you gotta go you gotta go" into it somehow.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

quote request: somehow get the line "when you gotta go you gotta go" into it somehow.

Maybe for a ball drain...

1 week later
#119 4 years ago

Im okay with the main play music, but think each multi ball mode should at least have some more intense music to them and from the movies. Raptor MB could be "The Raptors Appear" from Lost World JP Soundtrack, Chaos MB could be "Clash of Extinction from JP3 or "Rescuing Sarah" from Lost World JP2 and T-Rex MB could be "T-Rex Rescue & Finale" or "Incident At Isla Nublar" from JP1 Maybe the guys working on this project could give these a listen and see what they think and if they could be added to the game for these modes.

#120 4 years ago

Amy updates on progress? A killer custom audio mix will blow the roof off of this game!

#121 4 years ago

I can’t comment on the bigger project but for the time being I’m going to revisit the latest code and update the custom one I released a few months ago. Hoping to do so next week.

I’m anxiously awaiting the release of this as well.

#122 4 years ago

Following...

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can’t comment on the bigger project but for the time being I’m going to revisit the latest code and update the custom one I released a few months ago. Hoping to do so next week.
I’m anxiously awaiting the release of this as well.

I like your work . Never heard or even seen any other options .

#124 4 years ago

Is there a version with the custom callouts for 1.0 on the Pro?

1 week later
#125 4 years ago

Ok, got my NIB premium, put in a pinwoofer kit with powered sub and powered 5 1/4” backbox speakers. Now need this custom soundtrack! Any updates or ETA would be awesome.

#126 4 years ago

Set up my Pro today. The first time I heard a Samuel Jackson line done in someone else's voice, I wondered if I could modify the files. I was happy to stumble across this thread. I have several friends with ProTools, and I have the Blu-Ray. If you guys need any help, I'm willing.

20200309_132939 (resized).jpg20200309_132939 (resized).jpg
#127 4 years ago

I think the modders have given up on this unfortunately.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I don't believe they've given up and certainly hope that they haven't as this game screams for this type of audio upgrade. From what I've gathered on Pinside, the developer for pinbrowser is readying a new release of the software which will allow for this type of mod as well as the ability to swap video files/assets which hasn't been done before. Once the new release is available, then folks will be able to access the audio files and work on a new audio package.

#129 4 years ago

After poking around, it looks like there was a topper available for a while for this machine. Is anyone still making one, or maybe have a 3D printing file?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

After poking around, it looks like there was a topper available for a while for this machine. Is anyone still making one, or maybe have a 3D printing file?

I got mine from https://tilttopper.com/ and really like it.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Set up my Pro today. The first time I heard a Samuel Jackson line done in someone else's voice, I wondered if I could modify the files. I was happy to stumble across this thread. I have several friends with ProTools, and I have the Blu-Ray. If you guys need any help, I'm willing.[quoted image]

The voice actor callouts are annoying at first... And then you get used to it (got my game end September). I have tried some custom callouts on the earlier code version and really didn't like it. The quality was good. However it was movie quotes for the sake of movie quotes. Just because it's a memorable movie quote doesn't make it a good pinball quote, especially if it's unrelated to game play or with characters that aren't in the game. But that's just me.

Good movie quotes: "Life... finds a way", "When you gotta go, you gotta go". Funny in the movie. Totally out of context during game play. Especially from a character that's not in the game (Dr Malcom). I find that it ruins the immersive nature of the game.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I got mine from https://tilttopper.com/ and really like it.

I left a message, haven't heard back. I gathered that they are no longer making them.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

We have not given up. We're currently blocked from moving forward due to a Pinball Browser bug. We can't even open the sounds tab for firmware versions past 0.96 until that's fixed / the new PBrowser build is released.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

We have not given up. We're currently blocked from moving forward due to a Pinball Browser bug. We can't even open the sounds tab for firmware versions past 0.96 until that's fixed / the new PBrowser build is released.

Any time frame ??

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Any time frame ??

The creator of pinball browser is working on a larger update before releasing the fix for the sounds tab. The sound bug seemed somewhat trivial to fix but they are currently working on video replacement(!) for spike 2 systems. I can't wait to see what will be done with the option to edit video!

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

We have not given up

Thanks for the update! Glad to know this is still alive!

#137 4 years ago

Watched JP last night, "That's a big pile of shit" when they're investigating what caused the dino to become I'll- needs to be included if you get a score below 10mil

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Watched JP last night, "That's a big pile of shit" when they're investigating what caused the dino to become I'll- needs to be included if you get a score below 10mil</blockquote

hahahahhahaha

#139 4 years ago

Absolutely

1 week later
#140 4 years ago

UPDATE: (Both good and bad)

BAD: I've lost my cohort who was editing down all the actor/vocal replacements. Therefore, it's now on me to take that on. Replacing the 3k+ actors' voice scripts is not going to be feasible, there simply isn't enough content and/or appropriate replacements from the movies. AKA you'll have to live with many of the existing Stern actors voices once this is done.

GOOD:
- The new movie vocals will be clean as possible. I am literally working from a custom mix of the JP1 actors' vocal mics, not just a 5.1 DVD rip of the center channel.

- Since the latest PBrowser fix, I have managed realign and re-bookmark every single line in the game for 1.00. I at least now know where and what every line is in order to be able to replace the sound files for those I can. (I was stalled since 0.96)

- Beyond vocals, I am working with another amazing individual to replace much of the music with live, fully orchestrated tracks instead. We've got about 10 ready this far where applicable and those changes are just amazing IMO.

At this time I'm focused on getting the music files swapped to a point where I can create a beta firmware to get feedback from you guys since a) the music is far less of an undertaking to implement vs. the actors/lines and b) I want to ensure that the general audio manipulation doesn't have hiccups in certain people's set ups. Getting feedback on the music alone will allow me to automate audio manipulation for the forthcoming vocal replacements.

Lots of work to be done, but I felt the need to post some kind of positive-ish update for all awaiting this.

#141 4 years ago

This is awesome news and we all appreciate the update. Keep up the great work and I'm psyched to hear the results

#142 4 years ago

Mind blown
Keep on rollin brutha!

#143 4 years ago

Sounds amazing, appreciate the update!

#145 4 years ago

Very nice!!

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've lost my cohort

Sorry to hear you lost your team member, but in these crazy times, I'm excited to hear your are still working on this huge undertaking. I applaud you! Looking forward to hearing the final product!

#147 4 years ago

Love this. Are you selling?

#148 4 years ago

Pinstein How in any way does this have to do with the custom audio project we're working on? Unless I'm missing something, please delete your post and place your advertisement in a different topic.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

pinstein How in any way does this have to do with the custom audio project we're working on? Unless I'm missing something, please delete your post and place your advertisement in a different topic.

Since the audio is going to include actors from the old movie, the translite (which does the same) would go well with it......is his attempted point.....I think.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

pinstein How in any way does this have to do with the custom audio project we're working on? Unless I'm missing something, please delete your post and place your advertisement in a different topic.

Agreed. Make like a tree...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/3?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.