D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 37.
#1651 2 years ago

Thanks very much for your advice Tim. I will do as you say.

#1652 2 years ago

Tim -

Just wanted to pass along again how much my grandson's and I enjoy your "enhancements"! I think we are still finding scenes we hadn't gotten to yet. I have sent out (via paypal) an additional donation for all your efforts. Many thanks!
- Bill

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from NCBill:

Tim -
Just wanted to pass along again how much my grandson's and I enjoy your "enhancements"! I think we are still finding scenes we hadn't gotten to yet. I have sent out (via paypal) an additional donation for all your efforts. Many thanks!
- Bill

Have your grandson take a listen to Tim's music at the link he provided above. I have listened and it's quite good. I am sure Tim would be thrilled if his music started generating a 'buzz'. Although he is in high-tech as his day-job, and the digital author of the amazing JP A/V update, one of his 'hidden passions' is creating original 'RAP-ish' music. He's quite the musical artist. (At one point he offered a version of the JP code with one of his own original tracks)

#1654 2 years ago

Just adding to what is known. THIS. IS. AWESOME! And optionally mandatory. Exceptional love and work put into this.

1 week later
#1655 2 years ago

My JP Premium arrives in a week or so. Can't wait.

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from Smokezz:

My JP Premium arrives in a week or so. Can't wait.

Same here. My understanding is that more JPs get built this coming week (7/26). I've had my machine on order since May. Looking forward to trying out this code although I may wait a week or so until I get more familiar with the game play.

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have. Mustang, Metallica, Black Knight SOR, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith (added concert and music video footage) and a few others I’m forgetting.
Want my PayPal address?

do you have a video of your custom aerosmith? would love to see it.

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Same here. My understanding is that more JPs get built this coming week (7/26).

I too am getting a premium from this build. Last I heard is the game is on the line now.

#1659 2 years ago

Anybody else wondering what will happen to this custom code when Stern's 'big announcement comes in September (with rumor being internet conductivity)? Will we be forced to decide between the 2? That won't be a fun decision.

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Anybody else wondering what will happen to this custom code when Stern's 'big announcement comes in September (with rumor being internet conductivity)? Will we be forced to decide between the 2? That won't be a fun decision.

I don't think you'll have too. If it was just video and audio swapping the code maybe just fine as is if the call address in code wasn't altered. I could be wrong here but I think we shall be fine.

#1661 2 years ago

I was looking at 1.03 code in Pinball browser and don't see any bookmarks for the audio, but I know from screenshots on the first page of this thread that others have put in some bookmarks previously. I was thinking this may be an issue on my end and I'm missing a setting or something, but I downloaded other games from Stern (like Star Wars) and I'm able to see the audio bookmarks there, I just can't see it on JP 1.03.

Any ideas why? Can you guys see the bookmarks or is there a reason they need to be kept blank for Tim's stuff to work?

A follow-up question that may be more appropriate for the PB thread, but is there a way to label bookmarks that DO NOT sync to the online DB? So I can have a local copy but not impact what anybody else sees?

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

do you have a video of your custom aerosmith? would love to see it.

Long video showing the different video changes on this particular version.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5

This video shows the current Back in the Saddle video. Other link above shows a prior version at the end. This video also shows the Run DMC Walk This Way video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

1 week later
#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Won’t be a hard decision for me.
Custom code JP is awesome and won’t risk it for any updates to internet.

#1664 2 years ago

Hi,

I received my (new) jurrassic park a few weeks ago and find it great. The only complaint I have to make is the music part which is not so good.... The music is uninspired (except for the movie soundtrack ), there is even one that I hate

Is this update easy to do?

ps : sorry for my bad english.

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from Neptune:

Bad English? I didn't notice. You speak better English than most Americans. Besides, this is the only Bad English anyone should ever care about:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from Neptune:

Hi,
I received my (new) jurrassic park a few weeks ago and find it great. The only complaint I have to make is the music part which is not so good.... The music is uninspired (except for the movie soundtrack ), there is even one that I hate
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"39b520f45cbe99b327a3bf7c10d555781460029b-1629153149-1800"};
//]]>

No hard at all. Hit up Timlah79 and your ears will be satisfied.

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from Neptune:

Hi,

Here's timlah79 thread on his custom audio/visual code https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/26#post-5974879 - as Vino posted you need to send Tim a PM to request access to the download

#1668 2 years ago

Count me as another satisfied code installer. The video and audio is perfect. Oh, and I did the entire thing on a Mac with zero problems.

1) Used Unarchiver to extract the .raw file from the .zip file that I got off Google drive.

2) Used the terminal and % diskutil commands in earlier posts to image the SD card with the raw file.

3) Made sure I was already on 1.03 official code from stern just so node boards and everything was updated. No idea if this was necessary or not, but as I was still on 1.01, I figured it wouldn't hurt (or hoped at least).

4) Removed stock SD card... inserted new SD card... turned on pin and played with the awesome improved video/callouts.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!

#1669 2 years ago

Just a heads up on a problem I had on a W10 flash -> SD.
I had used PeaZip to unzip the distribution to create the .raw file. I used Win32DiskImager to flash the .raw to an SD and it finished and verified fine, but the image would not boot at all. After many attempts, I re-downloaded the .zip and then used 7-Zip to unzip the .raw file. I flashed this and then it worked fine!

I compared the 2 downloaded .zips and they looked the same, but the .raw created by PeaZip was 7.7824 GB, but the .raw created by 7-Zip was 7.676928 GB, which I guess was correct since it worked!

Not sure why there would be a difference in the output of the 2 un-zip apps, so FYI - try a different un-zip if you run into the same problem

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from pbboy:

Just a heads up on a problem I had on a W10 flash -> SD.
I had used PeaZip to unzip the distribution to create the .raw file. I used Win32DiskImager to flash the .raw to an SD and it finished and verified fine, but the image would not boot at all. After many attempts, I re-downloaded the .zip and then used 7-Zip to unzip the .raw file. I flashed this and then it worked fine!
I compared the 2 downloaded .zips and they looked the same, but the .raw created by PeaZip was 7.7824 GB, but the .raw created by 7-Zip was 7.676928 GB, which I guess was correct since it worked!
Not sure why there would be a difference in the output of the 2 un-zip apps, so FYI - try a different un-zip if you run into the same problem

I've never heard of PeaZip but this is interesting info, thanks for sharing! Seems as if PeaZip is adding to the extracted file. Metadata comes to mind but about 100mb added to the resulting .RAW is very suspicious. I would not use that for any purpose, knowing now that it manipulates extracted files. Yes, 7-Zip is known to work. However, for most Win10 users, you shouldn't have to use any 3rd party extractor. When you right-click the .ZIP file you should have the built in option to "Extract All" but some PCs don't have this built in AFAIK.

1 week later
#1671 2 years ago

Off topic but also on it, I released my new album today, Cicada Exoskeletons! You can get it now digitally or preorder the limited 2 x vinyl via Bandcamp: https://timstiles.bandcamp.com/album/cicada-exoskeletons I appreciate any and all support!
Here's a teaser for the debut video of Jar Of Fireflies releasing later this month!

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Off topic but also on it, I released my new album today, Cicada Exoskeletons! You can get it now digitally or preorder the limited 2 x vinyl via Bandcamp: https://timstiles.bandcamp.com/album/cicada-exoskeletons I appreciate any and all support!
Here's a teaser for the debut video of Jar Of Fireflies releasing later this month!

Congrats Tim, great achievement getting your album released man!

2 weeks later
#1673 2 years ago

All I can say is WOW! This code is next level!!

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

All I can say is WOW! This code is next level!!

Yes, just stay Stern insider dis-connected for now in order to keep it.

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes, just stay Stern insider dis-connected for now in order to keep it.

Looks like I'll be a "Stern Outsider" for some time to come.

1 week later
#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bad English? I didn't notice. You speak better English than most Americans. Besides, this is the only Bad English anyone should ever care about:[quoted image]

Waite, that's quite the Journey.

1 week later
#1677 2 years ago

I don't mean to cross post but I did ask this same question in the club thread... Do we know whether this will continue to work with the upcoming run of JP with the insider connect built in?

Jeff

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I don't mean to cross post but I did ask this same question in the club thread... Do we know whether this will continue to work with the upcoming run of JP with the insider connect built in?
Jeff

I find it funny ppl are asking this. Any response would be pure speculation at this point. You’ll have to wait for someone to get the new run of JP and see.

In any case who cares? JP is a great game on it’s own, custom code or not.

#1679 2 years ago

I've been enjoying tim's version for a long time, thought I'd switch it up and put the stern SD back in. Video is all back to stern stock, but strangely the audio is still the remix. Any thoughts why this may be happening?

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I've been enjoying tim's version for a long time, thought I'd switch it up and put the stern SD back in. Video is all back to stern stock, but strangely the audio is still the remix. Any thoughts why this may be happening?

Wrong SD lol. Tim’s original mix was sound only. Then he combined it with the video stuff. My guess is you put in Tim’s audio only mix.

#1681 2 years ago

Just downloaded the album.

I’m really diggin it.

55668E6D-6119-465D-944F-C01A4CA291CE (resized).jpeg55668E6D-6119-465D-944F-C01A4CA291CE (resized).jpeg
#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wrong SD lol. Tim’s original mix was sound only. Then he combined it with the video stuff. My guess is you put in Tim’s audio only mix.

I double checked, I never wrote over the stern SD card. Super weird...

#1683 2 years ago

Ha, I tried to unpause the pic.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Just downloaded the album.
I’m really diggin it.
[quoted image]

<3

Quoted from JHS71:

Ha, I tried to unpause the pic.

Thank you guys for listening and supporting my new album! Please click "follow" on Spotify if that's your preferred medium.

Here are a few links to listen to the Cicada Exoskeletons album + where you can snag a preorder of the limited vinyl and/or t-shirt if you want:
(BTW you can also find it on TouchTunes jukeboxes if you're at the bar ).

Cicada Exoskeletons Limited Double Vinyl/Jar of Fireflies T-Shirt/Digital Download options here: https://timstiles.bandcamp.com/album/cicada-exoskeletons
Cicada Exoskeletons on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/455h1X9B2sxmluwqezv3il?si=qPG6jT1XTca-sORY0HX87A&dl_branch=1
Cicada Exoskeletons on iTunes/Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/cicada-exoskeletons/1581014178

Jar Of Fireflies Video Teaser. The full video should be released any day now!:

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Quoted from adamross:

I double checked, I never wrote over the stern SD card. Super weird...

adamross That is incredibly peculiar. Any given SD card is all of the code held within, so if it is the untouched stock card, then all you see/hear should be stock. Any chance you USB "patched" the card in question with an older version of the custom code via the old SPK method? That would explain why your stock card has custom audio assets but not video. If upon boot up the machine says it's 1.02 I bet you that's the culprit. If you have not done that patching to it, I have no idea why the game would be playing anything but stock assets. I say just flash the 1.03 stock .RAW image to that SD card and I imagine you'll be back to 100% stock assets.

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

adamross That is incredibly peculiar. Any given SD card is all of the code held within, so if it is the untouched stock card, then all you see/hear should be stock. Any chance you USB "patched" the card in question with an older version of the custom code via the old SPK method? That would explain why your stock card has custom audio assets but not video. If upon boot up the machine says it's 1.02 I bet you that's the culprit. If you have not done that patching to it, I have no idea why the game would be playing anything but stock assets. I say just flash the 1.03 stock .RAW image to that SD card and I imagine you'll be back to 100% stock assets.

Thanks so much Tim, I'll check it out and report back. Looking forward to hearing your new music!

1 week later
#1687 2 years ago

guess I should have dropped back in this thread sooner. thanks for the vid clips, looks great!

Quoted from PoMC:

Long video showing the different video changes on this particular version.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GifhCpRJkF44FDbx5
This video shows the current Back in the Saddle video. Other link above shows a prior version at the end. This video also shows the Run DMC Walk This Way video.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9XUFvzw7HCJr4c4Z7

2 weeks later
#1688 2 years ago

For those interested, my new video for Jar Of Fireflies dropped yesterday. It includes some shots of my game room, JP and other machines as well as some of the nerd stuff I collect. We also shot parts in my local pinball bar, the Corner Pocket. Hope you enjoy it!

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For those interested, my new video for Jar Of Fireflies dropped yesterday. It includes some shots of my game room, JP and other machines as well as some of the nerd stuff I collect. We also shot parts in my local pinball bar, the Corner Pocket. Hope you enjoy it!

Not my Jam but unreal edit and wish you nothing but the best of success.

2 weeks later
#1690 2 years ago

Well 1.05 code is now officially here to break our custom code. I personally can't see any real benefit but see they're trying to entice people into Insider Connect bs by introducing the exclusive 'Goat Mania' mode. Guess 1.03 is where we'll be staying from here out, unless 1.05 is still modifiable, which I guess right now we don't know.

#1691 2 years ago

Outsider disconnected club.

#1692 2 years ago

I see no reason to update my JPLE

#1693 2 years ago

I am very interested in getting the updated assets working the IC. I have a QR code reader from my Godzilla that I moved over to EHOH without issue but I don’t want to be the Guinea pig with JP.
I assume if I upgrade to 1.05 I could always revert back to one of my older versions?

#1694 2 years ago

I'll never install a QR on my machine but I'd love the 1.05 code with the audio/video assets

#1695 2 years ago

One of the changes is an update to the node board firmware, so good chance it can't be rolled back, unless someone has another opinion.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am very interested in getting the updated assets working the IC. I have a QR code reader from my Godzilla that I moved over to EHOH without issue but I don’t want to be the Guinea pig with JP.
I assume if I upgrade to 1.05 I could always revert back to one of my older versions?

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

One of the changes is an update to the node board firmware, so good chance it can't be rolled back, unless someone has another opinion.

Someone posted that they got a NIB JP with the new code and IC. He was able to roll it back no problem.

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I believe node board firmware updates are the norm with most updated code.

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Count me as another satisfied code installer. The video and audio is perfect. Oh, and I did the entire thing on a Mac with zero problems.
1) Used Unarchiver to extract the .raw file from the .zip file that I got off Google drive.
2) Used the terminal and % diskutil commands in earlier posts to image the SD card with the raw file.
3) Made sure I was already on 1.03 official code from stern just so node boards and everything was updated. No idea if this was necessary or not, but as I was still on 1.01, I figured it wouldn't hurt (or hoped at least).
4) Removed stock SD card... inserted new SD card... turned on pin and played with the awesome improved video/callouts.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!

Followed your exact script. I had 1.05 already installed, but using existing 1.03 .raw file worked just fine. Hooked up my Polk sub, and now I'm rocking with the dinosaurs. I got the Unarchiver right from Apple app store.

2 weeks later
#1699 2 years ago

Looks like pinball browser was updated to support the latest firmware.

Is there a chance of a new build to get the movie modifications and insider connected?

Thanks!

#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Looks like pinball browser was updated to support the latest firmware.
Is there a chance of a new build to get the movie modifications and insider connected?
Thanks!

+1

That's really good news re pinbrowser. Modded code may have a future still after all

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.00
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/34?hl=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.