D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 37.
#1601 2 years ago

This mod makes the game complete imho.
Run, don’t walk, Do it!

#1602 2 years ago

Best mod for the game. Makes the stock game seem boring

#1603 2 years ago

Got my pin today... can’t wait fir this mod.

1 week later
#1604 2 years ago

Anyone get this recently?

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Yes, best mod ever!!

#1606 2 years ago

Me 2, love it!

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Just installed yesterday.... wont go back

#1608 2 years ago

Is this just audio or is there custom video files in there as well?

#1609 2 years ago

Incredible mod, video and audio. Makes this pin even better. Wish I would have done it sooner.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is this just audio or is there custom video files in there as well?

Both..... do it....changes the game!!!

#1611 2 years ago

Really? Dang. I sent a pm a week ago. Hoping to get it soon.

The reviews are outstanding!

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Both..... do it....changes the game!!!

So I'm going to guess that this is one in the same as the JP Ultimate Code v1.03?

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Really? Dang. I sent a pm a week ago. Hoping to get it soon.
The reviews are outstanding!

You must have PM'd the wrong person or pinside mail had a glitch. I see nothing from you in my inbox. PM me.

#1614 2 years ago

So I'm going to guess that this is one in the same as the JP Ultimate Code v1.03?

Correct. This is also the right thread to understand all that has been changed. View the many key posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project?kp=1&kp_sort=post_id#index

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You must have PM'd the wrong person or pinside mail had a glitch. I see nothing from you in my inbox. PM me.

Yup 100% correct. PM’d the wrong guy like a dumbass.

Thank you

#1616 2 years ago

Alright...

After what I have been reading on this thread, I'm definitely computer illiterate in comparison.

I had issues downloading the zip file because I had a safe setting in safari setup. Anyways, got the zip file downloaded but I can't expand the file and get at the raw file.

I have never used terminal on my Mac in my life and the thought of formatting a wrong drive or something else like that frightens me but I'm willing to give anything a shot (with the right instruction).

Are there any other programs other than finder that may be able to open this file?

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 4.20.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-07 at 4.20.25 PM (resized).png
#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright...
After what I have been reading on this thread, I'm definitely computer illiterate in comparison.
I had issues downloading the zip file because I had a safe setting in safari setup. Anyways, got the zip file downloaded but I can't expand the file and get at the raw file.
I have never used terminal on my Mac in my life and the thought of formatting a wrong drive or something else like that frightens me but I'm willing to give anything a shot (with the right instruction).
Are there any other programs other than finder that may be able to open this file?
Thanks for your help. [quoted image]

I am not computer savvy and had the same issue when I recently downloaded the file on my Mac. I used a program called "The Unarchiver" that someone suggested on this threat a while back and it worked just fine to open the zip file. Then I used the version of Balena Etcher that Tim mentioned (vers. 1.5.76, not a newer one) and it worked flawlessly to burn the raw file into an SD card, first try, took 5min.

#1618 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright...

Find or borrow a Windows PC/Laptop/Tablet if you haven't worked with terminal at all. I'm PC based and I've worked with terminal because I run a dual boot PC/Mac system. WinRar or Unarchiver works fine for all compressed Mac files. You could attempt to try to write the file to SD card with Etcher, however it's extremely hit and miss, which is why I suggest just getting ahold of a PC to do it(Win32 Disk Imager) if you're unsure re Terminal etc.

#1619 2 years ago

This one's definitely more than worth phoning in a favor from a friend, as another alternative...

Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright...

#1620 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I googled how to use terminal and got it sorted out and put on my pin. Wasn’t too bad.

I have only seen a bit of the new file as my TRex mouth isn’t opening anymore. Going to take that apart and have a look. Thanks again, I look forward to some game time.

2 weeks later
#1621 2 years ago

Getting my new machine Monday and cant wait to install this code.

Sent you a pm timlah79

#1622 2 years ago

Really great!!

#1623 2 years ago

And where did you get it from unlockpinball ? I don't see any PMs from you in my Inbox.
EDIT: It appears this was a misunderstanding, he PM'd me today to clarify. Sorry to ignite an unnecessary manhunt. As many of you know I've been put through a lot of BS so of course negative land is where my mind goes... I apologize.

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from YagovsApprentice:

Getting my new machine Monday and cant wait to install this code.
Sent you a pm timlah79

Absolutely transforms the game! Can’t be more thankful to Tim for all his hard work.

Be sure to donate!!!

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

And where did you get it from unlockpinball ? I don't see any PMs from you in my Inbox.

Uh....oh......

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Uh....oh......

Anyone who supplies and steals this work of art is a LOSER

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Anyone who supplies and steals this work of art is a LOSER

I just don't even get why anyone would even do it??

#1628 2 years ago

Is it possible he bought a used pin with timlah upgrade already on it?

#1629 2 years ago

And don't forget to donate. I can't imagine the hours that were required to put this together.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Possible....but if I did...I would donate again....

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Or simply played a JP with the code, or watched a stream. Possibly an innocent comment.

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Or simply played a JP with the code, or watched a stream. Possibly an innocent comment.

For sure! It got a little “witch hunt” for a minute there LOL

#1633 2 years ago

Misunderstanding. Post updated.

#1634 2 years ago

PoMC Is still being an ultimate troll seemingly out of nowhere. Lurking and downvoting all my posts as of late. I'd already blocked him due to his previous disrespectful posts but I still see his downvotes. I have no patience for this kind of ignorant behavior. Unsure what his vendetta is but it's unwarranted.
I just PM'd him: "Dude I don't know what your vendetta about me is all about but please quit trolling me. Leave my posts alone please. If you feel that's an unreasonable ask, please send me your phone number so we can discuss as adults."
I hope he responds in a reasonable manner. This dirtbag, kid game he's playing detracts from what this community is all about. I'll update if he responds.

#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PoMC Is still being an ultimate troll seemingly out of nowhere. Lurking and downvoting all my posts as of late. I'd already blocked him due to his previous disrespectful posts but I still see his downvotes. I have no patience for this kind of ignorant behavior. Unsure what his vendetta is but it's unwarranted.
I just PM'd him: "Dude I don't know what your vendetta about me is all about but please quit trolling me. Leave my posts alone please. If you feel that's an unreasonable ask, please send me your phone number so we can discuss as adults."
I hope he responds in a reasonable manner. This dirtbag, kid game he's playing detracts from what this community is all about. I'll update if he responds.

What the fuck are you talking about? Don’t tag me in stupid shit like this. I’m not replying to any message you sent me since you posted publicly here because I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. Nor do I care.

#1636 2 years ago
B4DCC342-D07B-4237-93FE-D45AC402ACC4.gifB4DCC342-D07B-4237-93FE-D45AC402ACC4.gif
#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

EDIT: It appears this was a misunderstanding, he PM'd me today to clarify. Sorry to ignite an unnecessary manhunt. As many of you know I've been put through a lot of BS so of course negative land is where my mind goes... I apologize.

And the guy wonders why he got a few downvotes from me?

"unnecessary manhunt", "negative land is where my mind goes" - his own words. He harasses people and loses his mind if they didn't get the update directly from him.

Why doesn't he understand that once something is released on the internet or "out in the wild", he has zero control over it? He really needs to lighten up. He's so paranoid that Stern is going to sue him over the Jurassic Park IP movie assets he used for the mod he sells and profits on.

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why doesn't he understand that once something is released on the internet or "out in the wild", he has zero control over it? He really needs to lighten up. He's so paranoid that Stern is going to sue him over the Jurassic Park IP movie assets he used for the mod he sells and profits on.

Actually he is not releasing it out there publicly on the internet. You are getting an email with a pvt link for a direct download along with an agreement among fellow hobbyist in good faith, that is far different then uploading something to a site for downloading like 3d universe, youtube etc...

Just as you would expect your emails to be private, this is no different and has the same privacy expectations along with a written agreement for use .

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

And the guy wonders why he got a few downvotes from me?
"unnecessary manhunt", "negative land is where my mind goes" - his own words. He harasses people and loses his mind if they didn't get the update directly from him.

I dont believe he sells anything..... donations accepted not required. I would ask...since you dont seem to like the code etc....why are you here...

#1640 2 years ago

Everyone should just focus on themself. Don't worry about why I don't like something that you do. Also, don't let that Timlah guy get you riled up over something that is none of your business.

#1641 2 years ago

Yes, we should ignore this dumb stuff.

#1642 2 years ago

"Everyone should just focus on themself."

Thats funny.....

#1643 2 years ago

My order comes week of July 12, couldn't be more excited. Also pumped to try out this code. I've watched some youtube video - incredible work.

#1644 2 years ago

Back on topic!! This is an awsome mod and if you like to install it , also think about donate some bit. This is the only way we can have this awsome stuff now and in the future! Keep up the good work!

#1645 2 years ago

My daughters were really ticked the I bought JP. I told them that they are welcome to making the pin purchasing decisions if they are using their money . But they were still moody about the game and whined about it often (I sold Spiderman recently and they are bitter about it). They wanted nothing to do with the game and when I asked their opinions about mods they didn't chime in.

Why is this relevant???

I had this mod installed since day 1. I told my girls to check out the original software. I booted and when I fired up a game, they said that I must revert back to this mod. Recall they were not keen on even discussing this pin, so that is saying something.

#1646 2 years ago

timlah79 trying to PM you about getting a link to the code but pinside won't let me pm for some reason. It's a new account and has been verified but still saying I need to wait 48 hours. New JP pro incoming and really want to use your code!

#1647 2 years ago

Game on order. Will be trying this mod out!

1 week later
#1648 2 years ago

I Just received my JP Premium and only had a few games so far. I just wanted to ask some opinions on this custom audio. Obviously everyone's a fan and it sounds fantastic!
My question really is should I upgrade this straight away or should I experience the factory version first? Does the custom audio miss any standard call-outs that assist with following the rules etc.? Is there any downside to the custom audio v the standard? The reason I ask is that I tried a few custom audios on my TWD and some of them missed many call-outs that are helpful when you are just starting out on the game.
Thanks for any input

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I Just received my JP Premium and only had a few games so far. I just wanted to ask some opinions on this custom audio. Obviously everyone's a fan and it sounds fantastic!
My question really is should I upgrade this straight away or should I experience the factory version first? Does the custom audio miss any standard call-outs that assist with following the rules etc.? Is there any downside to the custom audio v the standard? The reason I ask is that I tried a few custom audios on my TWD and some of them missed many call-outs that are helpful when you are just starting out on the game.
Thanks for any input

This is more then custom audio, it's also video segments from the movie. I can honestly tell you once you do this mod you'll never go back to Sterns code. So plays sterns first, then update and appreciate what they have done here and if you do please consider a paypal or whatever donation for their efforts.

#1650 2 years ago

Here are my (obviously biased) responses to your questions.

Quoted from Drac:

My question really is should I upgrade this straight away or should I experience the factory version first?

I think you should play with the factory version for a while. This allows you to understand the differences once you play with the custom version. You may dislike the custom version or get confused as to what you hear at a given time if you don't get used to the factory first.

Quoted from Drac:

Does the custom audio miss any standard call-outs that assist with following the rules etc.? Is there any downside to the custom audio v the standard? The reason I ask is that I tried a few custom audios on my TWD and some of them missed many call-outs that are helpful when you are just starting out on the game.

I've chosen to only replace stock callouts that do not provide needed direction or are essential to the gameplay. Those do/don't decisions have been influenced by both community feedback and my own creative decisions. For example I can't stand the "shoot the set trap targets" and "get back to the helipad" callouts but I understand that those are necessary and the general community agreed when I asked about those, so I've left them alone. Anything that I've replaced which do provide "oh I need to know about this" is a movie line I've tried to be as creative as possible about deciding on, so that the said replacement still makes sense to the scenario at hand. I feel that what I've done is intuitive and appropriate but there are limitations to what I'm able to do (which I won't get into). Overall I think I've done things right but it's not possible to satisfy everyone.

This is more then custom audio, it's also video segments from the movie.

Correct. For the most part, any video segments that the stock code intended to mimic via animation have been replaced with matching movie clips (even to the point that I've timed up/replaced SFX to match up with video where applicable--for example every T-Rex mode end has the actual movie audio and video, timed and blended with the stock "waa waa waa" that plays, so that the changes I've made to the sound and visuals blend with the stock expectations, just with some JP movie love).

With all this said you can always go back and forth from mine to the stock if you want to. I'll leave it at that for now and will respond to any opinions/suggestions you may have if you PM me. Hope this helps.

please consider a paypal or whatever donation for their efforts.

I do want to make it clear that donations are completely optional. In fact, I would much rather people simply support my music in a free manner of following, listening, etc. on social media. I just finished recording/mastering of an album I've been working on for 3+ years called 'Cicada Exoskeletons.' I'm now in the final stages of artwork for the vinyl and working on a debut music video. If you're willing to take the time to follow / listen / support, you can find all my social sites and streaming outlets from here: https://timstilesmusic.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.