D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 37.
#1551 3 years ago

Someone created a Pee Wee Park trailer replacing dinosaurs with Pee Wee Herman. Wouldn't clips from that make for an interesting alternate JP2 code version!

#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from WeLookedLike:

Please check your messages on the other forum that starts with the letter "a," I am in a rush to reach you because I am up against the clock to make a decision very quickly. I tried to PM you here but it won't let me. Just read the most recent one from username that starts with "Te" because the prior are mostly more outdated repeats of the same info.

Could you be any more cryptic given what you quoted? Are you trying to say you're struggling with a decision to buy JP2 on the basis of Tim's custom audio and want to have a discussion? What's the concern with actually mentioning the name of another forum here btw? The only one I know with an is AA(Aussie Arcade).

2 weeks later
#1553 3 years ago

Well my NIB Prem is delayed....again. While I wait. I have a brand new ScanDisk Ultra 90 MB/s 32GB card. Will this be OK?

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well my NIB Prem is delayed....again. While I wait. I have a brand new ScanDisk Ultra 90 MB/s 32GB card. Will this be OK?

I've used this one for a different pin and it worked fine. I ordered another one and have it loaded and ready to go for my also delayed NIB Prem.

SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-032G-GN6IN
by Electronics2Anyone
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFG7T8F/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_97WM4A622480YR8XKKZ4

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've used this one for a different pin and it worked fine. I ordered another one and have it loaded and ready to go for my also delayed NIB Prem.
SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-032G-GN6IN
by Electronics2Anyone
Learn more: amazon.com link »

Thats the one I have. Perfect thanks

#1556 3 years ago

errr, joining late to this game. anyone have a pm?

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you're after a copy of the s/w, you need to send timlah79 a PM

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If you're after a copy of the s/w, you need to send timlah79 a PM

Thanks!

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just installed the code today myself...truly awesome so far and takes this game to a new level. You’ll love it. Excellent work.

#1560 3 years ago

My interest in JP was on the wane before installing Timlah’s code. Putting most of my playing time on other pins in my collection. Since updating I’ve honestly barely played anything else. Even my son who would only play Funhouse, will only play JP now. It truly is perfection now.

#1561 3 years ago

Need help, Can't find the link for" how to flash SD cart with pc".

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Need help, Can't find the link for" how to flash SD cart with pc".

Lots of notes covering this exact process inside this thread, but try #1453 to get a short version I wrote awhile back

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Lots of notes covering this exact process inside this thread, but try #1453 to get a short version I wrote awhile back

Thanks.

#1564 3 years ago

Just spent the last 30 minutes playing the enhanced code. WoW!! Congrats!! Well done!! THIS is what it should be!

#1565 3 years ago

What I like, almost everything.
What I don't like, to many movie music, sometimes is don't know what I am playing
because the have the same feelings.
Sometimes I don't hear the standard quotes where to shoot.
It would be fun to hear CHAOS when starting chaos multiball just like in the Data East version.
Overall stil a 10+.
Tomorrow I open a PayPal for donating some money.

1 week later
#1566 3 years ago

Holy shit @timlah79. That code takes JP to a new level. Absolutely love it. It did take me about 10 try’s to flash to an SD card. Stopped at 57% multiple times. Ended up deleting and starting over. After a few cool downs got it. I’ll PayPal you this week. Thanks for your time and effort.

#1567 3 years ago

The Best Thing in Pinball in 2020 was Tims Work!

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Best Thing in Pinball in 2020 was Tims Work!

...says everyone except PoMC !

#1569 3 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Need a little assistance and my apologies of this has already been addressed. I have the Pro version of the game the proper 1.03 file for the audio project and 1.03 is installed on my game. I have back up my settings on a USB as well.

I am on Mac, extracted the ZIP to the raw file using Winzip for Mac then I used the BalenaEtcher to flash a 16GB SD Card that is Class 10. I understand using Mac may be the cause of the issue, if this is the case please let me know and I will try on Windows when I can get access.

My problem is the game gets stuck in a restarting loop when I fire it up when the new SD card, if I hit one of the flipper buttons during the boot up it will proceed to boot up and the game has the updated video/audio. Problem is the game will reset during play and a lot of the video freezes.

I have tried several times to re-flash the image on to the SD card, no success. Should I try again from the start using a fresh SD card?

Thank you in advance!

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from gum34:

Hello Everyone,
Need a little assistance and my apologies of this has already been addressed. I have the Pro version of the game the proper 1.03 file for the audio project and 1.03 is installed on my game. I have back up my settings on a USB as well.
I am on Mac, extracted the ZIP to the raw file using Winzip for Mac then I used the BalenaEtcher to flash a 16GB SD Card that is Class 10. I understand using Mac may be the cause of the issue, if this is the case please let me know and I will try on Windows when I can get access.
My problem is the game gets stuck in a restarting loop when I fire it up when the new SD card, if I hit one of the flipper buttons during the boot up it will proceed to boot up and the game has the updated video/audio. Problem is the game will reset during play and a lot of the video freezes.
I have tried several times to re-flash the image on to the SD card, no success. Should I try again from the start using a fresh SD card?
Still need to figure out Paypal but I will be supporting Tim when I can!
Thank you in advance!

Hard to tell, but as yo mention do you have any friends who own a Windows PC? If so, follow the same process using Win32DiskImager and see what the results are?

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from gum34:

Hello Everyone,

Balena Etcher did not work for me. I had to write the SD card using Mac Terminal commands (google it). It's a bit of a pain but worked great.

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from gum34:

Hello Everyone,
Still need to figure out Paypal but I will be supporting Tim when I can!
Thank you in advance!

One of the issues Tim and I wrestled with a few months ago is the fact that the first attempt writing the image to an SDCard creates multiple partitions on the SDcard card. If the first write fails for any reason, then you now have a SDcard which has multiple partitions on the card which may interfer with subsequent attempts to write the card. (The resolution on a Windows PC is to open Disk Manager and remove all of the partitions on the SDCard, then use Disk Manager to create a single new partition which restores the card to the condition it was when shipped by the factory).

#1573 3 years ago

Thank you for the responses, I removed the post for another reason but I appreciate the support.

Have a good day everyone, happy pinning

1 week later
#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...says everyone except PoMC !

Why would you tag me in this thread? So what? I don't like this project.

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have to agree with this here. PoMC hates the custom code...that's his right.

He also insists on being as big of a dick about it at every opportunity...also his right.

But why tag him, antagonize him, or in any way pull him back into this topic. Just let his opinion and choice of expressing it fade into obscurity...PLEASE!

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Because I love you.

#1577 3 years ago

I say any critics make their own custom codes.
I’ll support it with a donation too.
Mo talent, mo options, mo better.

#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I can’t wait

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I have. Mustang, Metallica, Black Knight SOR, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith (added concert and music video footage) and a few others I’m forgetting.

Want my PayPal address?

#1580 3 years ago

Following as I hope to be an owner soon.

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have. Mustang, Metallica, Black Knight SOR, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith (added concert and music video footage) and a few others I’m forgetting.
Want my PayPal address?

Why don’t you put them up as free downloads so all of us can openly shit-can them?

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Why don’t you put them up as free downloads so all of us can openly shit-can them?

They are and you can find the links in each club thread. Except Aerosmith because that's my personal project that I'm always tweaking. I even post long gameplay videos showing the updates so people can check it out first, or the curious non-owners are not left out.

Go for it and have fun.

1 week later
#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Want my PayPal address?

Whats in the Ghostbusters one?

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Can’t recall all off the top of my head. But it has a more Blues Brothers music vibe, fun and energetic. I didn’t like the widely available custom audio because it relied on the movie soundtrack, which was awful.

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Found my notes and the download link may still be valid:

I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.

I've been working off the Mudflaps Pro version. I installed that right when I got the game from a friend in a temp trade. I had to update the code to 1.17 and then just installed the Mudflaps soundtrack and only played a few games on stock sounds. So I'm not actually sure what were his edits and what are stock sounds. But these are the changes I've made:

Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!

Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.

Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.

Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tine Turner.

Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.

Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris

Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy.

Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie

Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

Google Drive link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ni5vFjL-ffJYfWyDTWuAnnavTfhyDV6k/view?usp=sharing

1 week later
#1586 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Can’t recall all off the top of my head. But it has a more Blues Brothers music vibe, fun and energetic. I didn’t like the widely available custom audio because it relied on the movie soundtrack, which was awful.

Interesting, your thoughts on the GB movie's soundtracks. Really shows where our tastes very much clash. I guess it's a bit like my hate for the death metal replacement as much as the original on the BKSOR sound track.The GB 1 sound track is vanilla 80's yawn, I'll def agree there. Don't need any of those track on the game. GB II soundtrack is super cool for me though and takes me back, Bobby Brown, Doug E Fresh, Run DMC, New Edition. I definitely need the movie tracks on mine and not a total replacement alt selection to both movies.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Really shows where our tastes very much clash. GB II soundtrack is super cool for me though and takes me back, Bobby Brown, Doug E Fresh, Run DMC, New Edition.

Yup, our tastes certainly clash if you enjoy that soundtrack on a pinball machine.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, our tastes certainly clash if you enjoy that soundtrack on a pinball machine.

Yep 100% there. Then again I do also own a share in a record label that does, House, Funk, Boogie, Yacht Rock etc and just started a sub label for Hip Hop so probably not that surprising...

1 week later
#1589 2 years ago

Even though my GC score got topped today, I'm cool with it because, man, it SOUNDED GOOD while they took me down! Can't thank you enough Tim and Mark!

2 weeks later
#1590 2 years ago

I'm about to receive my first NIB (and first modern) pinball, a pro Jurassic Park! I have a question about this mod... are high scores separate between the mod and the vanilla game? Thank you!

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Ezzelin:

I'm about to receive my first NIB (and first modern) pinball, a pro Jurassic Park! I have a question about this mod... are high scores separate between the mod and the vanilla game? Thank you!

The high scores you reach can be saved to a USB stick before you swap the code. Do the save to USB, the load new code, and then your high scores from USB based stick can be restored.

1 week later
#1592 2 years ago

Hey, I just picked up a game with this mod.. is there a way to check if it's the latest release?

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Hey, I just picked up a game with this mod.. is there a way to check if it's the latest release?

40TS is the latest. That said, it would be really hard to tell if you are running it by just looking at the card. I would suggest just contacting timlah79 for details on how to rewrite your card.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

from Tim: “The easiest/quickest way to pinpoint if you're running 40TS is if the logo during the opening helicopter sequence is RED, not YELLOW.”

#1595 2 years ago

Finally got my jp premium and loaded your fine code. Excellent work!! I'm sending some support to ya. Thx again.

#1596 2 years ago

I just got my Pro in yesterday, How do I acquire this?

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Congrats on the new game! Send timlah79 a PM and he'll send you a private link to download it

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Have a tracking #!!! Wed

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Its prob the best mod for any game I've done. Incredible job done!!

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats on the new game! Send timlah79 a PM and he'll send you a private link to download it

Awesome thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 16.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/32?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.