D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 37.
#51 4 years ago

Can someone clean up the references for the music files? They are requests 38 to 75. I'm not sure when (or even if) they are all used. I only recognized a handful.

The first 12 music clips are all variants on the main theme. But the original soundtrack had much more variety. The original music would call back the main theme in most of the tracks, but it look like stern pulled that portion from each of them. Which makes them sound pretty similar. (Not complaining, just observing).

Then there are an additional 26 music files with what appears to be custom creations. They all sound pretty good to me. Pretty exciting since I barely recognized any of them from existing modes (maybe 3 or 4). Perhaps these are to come? Anyway, some may be good candidates for going back to the original soundtrack though.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Could you elaborate on that? It was taken from the scene where they see their first dinosaur. Dr. Grant just finished asking about the T-rex, and then gets light headed. Dr. Sattler tells him to catch his breath. Then Hammond says that iconic phrase as they roll up to the dinosaur. It's about 21 minutes in.
If it helps, I can put the two clips side by side.

Maybe it's just heavy Youtube compression, but it doesn't sound so 'boxed in' on other youtube clips.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Maybe it's just heavy Youtube compression, but it doesn't sound so 'boxed in' on other youtube clips.

Here's a comparison based on the DVD DTS audio. I am far from an audio expert, so I'm happy for any techniques that would result in better quality audio:

#54 4 years ago

First sounds way better. Background noise is immaterial as you'll presumably be playing this over the theme. No background noise is at the expense of a ton of fidelity in the second clip ... it sounds cack.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First sounds way better. Background noise is immaterial as you'll presumably be playing this over the theme. No background noise is at the expense of a ton of fidelity in the second clip ... it sounds cack.

Noted. Like I said, I'm no audio expert. I'll leave it to the more capable then.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Noted. Like I said, I'm no audio expert. I'll leave it to the more capable then.

Don't mind his complaints. The welcome clip is perfectly fine

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There a bunch of music end notes... not sure what to call them. But they sort of abruptly end the music in a seamless way. I think they are used to transition from music playing to a sound effect when the ball is drained -- instead of just doing a hard cut. It might be good to overlay some call-outs on those as well.

Also, there are a lot of variants of the same call outs. I think they were done to keep the phrases fresh. I didn't notice it before, but I bet I would have noticed the redundancy if they hadn't done that.

Also, is there a way to view, import of export the video in pinbrowser? I see the individual references for them, but I have no way of playing them. If I could at least export them, it would help identify what's going on.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

PM me an email address so I can give you access to the google drive with the files in it.

#59 4 years ago

Shared drive is set up with a subtitle file in text form (to search the dialogue and find the timestamp). Also is a complete 6 channel DVD audio rip in original format.

Since the game steps outside of the movie, it seems like there may be clips of some of the cast outside the JP movie saying pinball-related things. If anyone can identify any, feel free to contribute.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Shared drive is set up with a subtitle file in text form (to search the dialogue and find the timestamp). Also is a complete 6 channel DVD audio rip in original format.
Since the game steps outside of the movie, it seems like there may be clips of some of the cast outside the JP movie saying pinball-related things. If anyone can identify any, feel free to contribute.

Wouldn"t it just be easier to use an old dvd ripper and work it thru virtual dub for sound comment that might be suitable for the game?
Like golblumes must go faster in the jeep scene and such?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Wouldn"t it just be easier to use an old dvd ripper and work it thru virtual dub for sound comment that might be suitable for the game?
Like golblumes must go faster in the jeep scene and such?

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think that's pretty much what I did. The audio is ripped in the best format available and we have a text searchable script taken from the subtitles with time stamps.

#62 4 years ago

Now that everyone who is working on it has access to the shared folder, just dump any preferred clips into the "Audio clips for cleanup" folder and I'll work on isolating the dialogue. I'll then put the cleaned up clips in the "clean audio clips folder"

#63 4 years ago

For anyone wondering, the game uses 3,636 different sound clips.

I've labeled 643 of them. Only 3,000 to go.

#64 4 years ago

Do you know what number is the welcome to jurrasic park clip in the code? That's the first and prob biggest change I need to make

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

For anyone wondering, the game uses 3,636 different sound clips.

I've labeled 643. Only about 3,000 to go.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yeah. There are three of them in the script section. 0xDA1, 0xDA2, and 0xDA3.

The one used in the game is request number 583.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

the game will probably never use all of the clips .. having been through this type of effort with walking dead , waiting until the code is near complete , along with becoming familiar with the clips that are used is the best way to avoid spending time on labeling and replacing sounds that will never be used.

i really admire your efforts on this.

ez

#68 4 years ago

I'm just scratching the surface but plugging in some of the critical movie voices now. Proper welcome to jurassic for example. I'll post the code and video too.

#69 4 years ago

Welcome to jurrasic park proper....

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Taste of things to come....

God bless this community.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh my!!!! Freaking cool!!!!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well done!

#73 4 years ago

Great work!

#74 4 years ago

I’ve been following along thinking “the call outs are fine, there’s no real need to do this”...then I listened to your clip in that video and I’m happy to have been wrong - great work all of you

Looking forward to putting this in place!

#76 4 years ago

Delt31, when I get around to cleaning up the audio, I'll normalize the volume on everything to keep the levels consistent.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man oh man I need this bad!!!! Way to go!

#78 4 years ago

Tim and Delt, Check the clean folder on the share drive. I have some before and after clips. Background hum, clicks, and minor misc sound effects were removed. I have original and clean versions for direct comparison. Tell me what you think and if it's worth it.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Tim and Delt, Check the clean folder on the share drive. I have some before and after clips. Background hum, clicks, and minor misc sound effects were removed. I have original and clean versions for direct comparison. Tell me what you think and if it's worth it.

I'll check it out.... Heading to Steelers game

In the meantime here's the download to my first custom audio attempt....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-premium-code-with-movie-call-outs

#80 4 years ago

Heres a link w some great ideas for audio/game events!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-mod-ideas-for-jp2

#81 4 years ago

Thanks first post had some good ideas. Clever girl, welcome at plunge etc. I actually like the stock raptor stuff but I did include shoot her already....

#82 4 years ago

Did you do the "Ian Freeze" quote for ball save (like the DE game)? No idea why, but I always liked that one.

Thanks again for all your work on this. If you're heading to TPF, I owe a couple rounds.

Brian

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Did you do the "Ian Freeze" quote for ball save (like the DE game)? No idea why, but I always liked that one.
Thanks again for all your work on this. If you're heading to TPF, I owe a couple rounds.
Brian

I didn't but it will go in round 2

Thanks no tpf but happy to help others get some better clips in here although I will say they aren't all terrible. Some are actually good, some are absolutely hot garbage and that's what I'm looking to replace

#84 4 years ago

In addition to “Ian freeze” I would be down for the “I think we’re back in business” how it is on the current game just with the original movie line/actor.

#85 4 years ago

Will this eventually get released for the Pro version as well, when it’s completed?
I love what you have done so far, but I’ve just seen it’s only for Premium/LE at the moment.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

In addition to “Ian freeze” I would be down for the “I think we’re back in business” how it is on the current game just with the original movie line/actor.

I just got "I think we're back in business." Holy cow was that hard. The music isn't so bad, but the sound effect removal is a killer (Like the crashes and stuff that happens right on a key word." Only took an hour but I got a great sample.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Will this eventually get released for the Pro version as well, when it’s completed?
I love what you have done so far, but I’ve just seen it’s only for Premium/LE at the moment.

Not by me but maybe someone else....I own a premium.

#88 4 years ago

What I'm finding challenging is locating all the samples in the game code that are played when raptor escapes as shoot her! Is best and it's in there by me but I didn't get them all replaced

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What I'm finding challenging is locating all the samples in the game code that are played when raptor escapes as shoot her! Is best and it's in there by me but I didn't get them all replaced

Send me the list of clips you"re currently using. I'll get them processed while yout search or identify new clips. It'll give me a chance to catch up. It's taking me about an hour or so per clip.

2 weeks later
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just unboxed my Premium on Friday and this clip immediately convinced me that I need to jump in on this. Does anyone have a link to a good thread on how to use Pinball Browser, or a tutorial on how to incorporate all of this fine work?

Also, is there anything I can do to help? If nothing else, I can start listening to sound clips in the game code and listing what they are...

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Just unboxed my Premium on Friday and this clip immediately convinced me that I need to jump in on this. Does anyone have a link to a good thread on how to use Pinball Browser, or a tutorial on how to incorporate all of this fine work?
Also, is there anything I can do to help? If nothing else, I can start listening to sound clips in the game code and listing what they are...

We are working very diligently on this. Using a lot of high end resources to get shoe really great and clean clips. It's a tremendously neutral task. Each clip is averaging over an hour. But we are making a ton of progress. I think people will be happy with the results.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

We are working very diligently on this. Using a lot of high end resources to get shoe really great and clean clips. It's a tremendously neutral task. Each clip is averaging over an hour. But we are making a ton of progress. I think people will be happy with the results.

Will the resources be available for someone to do a Pro version?

#93 4 years ago

I second this question

#94 4 years ago

Cant wait guys as the first round was fun.

Drinks on me one day

Thanks again.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Will the resources be available for someone to do a Pro version?

I would like to do a pro version. We are pretty focused on getting something out right now. The hard part, as you can imagine, is getting the audio clips. I feel like I have an added part time job on top of my full time job. Literally hours using spectral analysis to clean up the audio files as best as they can be. It's very manual.

In comparison to isolating and cleaning the clips, moving them to a pro version of the code seems simple.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I would like to do a pro version. We are pretty focused on getting something out right now. The hard part, as you can imagine, is getting the audio clips. I feel like I have an added part time job on top of my full time job. Literally hours using spectral analysis to clean up the audio files as best as they can be. It's very manual.
In comparison to isolating and cleaning the clips, moving them to a pro version of the code seems simple.

How easily is your hard work transferred to newer firmware as it’s released?

#97 4 years ago

Keep up the great work... just got the JP Premium last week and using actual movie callouts will make this SO much better.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Jsiegerman:

Keep up the great work... just got the JP Premium last week and using actual movie callouts will make this SO much better.

They are much better, just the beginning kicks ass . I love the piano alt ending.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

How easily is your hard work transferred to newer firmware as it’s released?

Shouldn't be an issue. Will take some time if the references change, but it wouldn't require a complete redo.

#100 4 years ago

You guys are awesome - so excited about this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/2?hl=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.