D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Anyone have a loud chirping

Only after I've drank too much

#1252 3 years ago

following. Need to read the thread to see how to add this when I get a JP pro back.

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Only after I've drank too much

Mine started just after the honeymoon.

#1254 3 years ago

The only weird sound I get is during the egg turn at the end of the game. If it matches it unleashes an awful sound. I wish I could shut that off.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

The only weird sound I get is during the egg turn at the end of the game. If it matches it unleashes an awful sound. I wish I could shut that off.

you can turn off the knocker

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

lol. It's called the knocker. All pinball machines have it - either physical (coil & plunger) or digital (sound). It means you won a free game. It's pretty integral to the pinball experience. It's meant to let everyone know: HEY THIS PERSON WON A FREE GAME!!!!! Remember this is a commercial money making machine. The fact that we use it as a personal toy is irrelevant. It's not it's purpose. Otherwise why even have a coin door/mechs. Why have a setting for "free play"..

I makes the same sound if you get a 'special' although I don't think there is one on JP. But if you get grand champion it goes off also. Probably twice.

What's funny is when you play many players and you get a match for more than one player. hehe

I put a real knocker in mine, thinking it would be quieter than the knocker sound. It is not. It's LOUDER. lol

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

lol. It's called the knocker. All pinball machines have it - either physical (coil & plunger) or digital (sound). It means you won a free game. It's pretty integral to the pinball experience. It's meant to let every know: HEY THIS PERSON WON A FREE GAME!!!!!
I put a real knocker in mine, thinking it would be quieter than the knocker sound. It is not. It's LOUDER. lol

That's funny, I wondered what he was talking about. BTW, my favorite video game back in the day was Q-Bert, and one of the big contributing factors was the knocker in the cabinet that went off every time the snake jumped off the puzzle.

#1258 3 years ago

My chirping is not the knocker .

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

lol. It's called the knocker. All pinball machines have it - either physical (coil & plunger) or digital (sound). It means you won a free game. It's pretty integral to the pinball experience. It's meant to let everyone know: HEY THIS PERSON WON A FREE GAME!!!!! Remember this is a commercial money making machine. The fact that we use it as a personal toy is irrelevant. It's not it's purpose. Otherwise why even have a coin door/mechs. Why have a setting for "free play"..
I makes the same sound if you get a 'special' although I don't think there is one on JP. But if you get grand champion it goes off also. Probably twice.
What's funny is when you play many players and you get a match for more than one player. hehe

I've just bought a real knocker to put into mine - the "simulated" knocker is just not the same. Loud knockers are fun - wakes everyone up and/or scares the shit out of them

#1260 3 years ago

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Thanks for the info. Again I am new and had no idea that was an intentional noise. My gf and dog will be thrilled if I turn that off!

#1262 3 years ago

Wow. Amazed 1.03 got ported over so quickly.
While I'm glad it is done for the people who really want it, I will be sticking with the 1.02 version.
Simply nothing in 1.03 to make me want to update.
Now if a co-op mode ever gets added, that's another story.

#1263 3 years ago

Co-op and team modes would be awesome!!!

I'd really like the timers to pause when the ball is being held by an up post or T-Rex. I particularly notice it with the control room as it takes time to go get to the selection and then release the ball (even with a double flip to cut the playback short), during which time dinos can ruin your rescue streak, you need to go back to the chopter or the dino escapes the paddock.

#1264 3 years ago

Is the update for 1.03 Premium available?

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

Is the update for 1.03 Premium available?

It will be announced in this and a couple other JP related threads shortly. Tim is hard at work finalizing it now...

#1266 3 years ago

Thanks for all of your hard work on this project Tim.

#1267 3 years ago

Uploaded last night--such an enhancement! Tim and Delt are such assets to Pinside

#1268 3 years ago

PSA: 1.03 based 39TS_D31 has been released for all JP models!

***WITH CAVEATS***

READ THIS FIRST

UPDATE 11/22 3:30pm PST: You probably haven't gotten a new link, please be patient. I've been on Google support chat all day and have received over 50 PMs/emails which keep coming in hour by hour. I am blocked from sharing at the moment by Google. If you were lucky, you got your new private link last night. If you haven't please just be patient while I push Google to un-block me. For the love of everything, please DO NOT email/PM me about getting access... It looks like this may not be resolved until tomorrow evening at best.

UPDATE 11/22 9:30am PST
Google is still blocking the share to PREM/LE list. Tried again this morning and got the same error. It appears I have to wait a full 24 hours. So I will try again tomorrow morning 11/23.

What's when it failed last night some addresses still showed as being added. Did any PREM/LE owners get a new link last night?
11/21 9:20PM PST: Google Drive just blocked me from sharing to the list of PREM/LE folks saying I reached my quota but I think I got flagged as spam by Google. I was only able to share the PRO file to PRO owners just now. I will have to wait until tomorrow for google to allow me to share to PREM/LE.

I will either edit or update this post once I'm able to share again...

I also just got a bunch of "message blocked" bounce back responses from multiple PRO owner addresses. You are all people I've shared to individually before. Why your address would reject this new send is beyond me. Your google account must not allow for bulk drive share email correspondence even though I sent out private links in bulk via Google drive share, not a bulk email per se. Perhaps you need to add me as a contact or I've just gotten marked by Google as a spammer temporarily... I guess you'll have to reach out to me if you didn't get a new private link. I imagine the same will happen once I'm able to send out the PREM/LE links tomorrow. I'm at my wit's end here...

With everything said above and below, my responses to any emails or PMs will be delayed.

IMPORTANT: Download immediately! New private links will likely be disabled in 48 hours.

Will my old private link work?
No. All previous links have been disabled.

I got my new private link, thanks! What now?
If you just received a private link to either of these 39TS_D31 files, no need to continue reading the further points. Follow the same flashing to SD instructions I've sent you prior and skip to the 39TS_D31 RELEASE NOTES section below.

The latest filenames are:

• PREM/LE:
    jurassic_park_le-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
  • PRO:
    jurassic_park_pro-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip

How do I obtain this latest 1.03 based release?
*If you have previously donated* then you should have just received a new, private link to the email address I originally shared to.

If you have donated but *have not* received a new private link email notification, check your SPAM folder and/or triple check our pinside mail string to make sure you know which of your email addresses I shared to. Please do not PM me before first going through the below.

If the email is still unfound after trying the above, reason could be:
a) It's in your SPAM folder.
b) You may be shared to even if you didn't get an email. Check your google drive "Shared with me" view and look for the file.
c) Your google account rejected the private, shared link message
d) You are still looking in the wrong email account.
e) You donated from a different name/email address that I hadn't shared to.
f) I missed you on my distribution list of those who have donated and/or didn't coorelate your donation name/email to your shared to email, my apologies.

What if I got a link but google says I need to request access?
DO NOT click Request Access! Make sure you are logged into the google account I shared with. Go through the above steps!

What if I have donated, gone through ALL of the above but still can't find a new link?
Please PM me (preferably via our original pinside thread) noting your shared to email address, the date you donated, and the email address / name the donation came from. I will happily send you a new link immediately.

Wait, wait I thought donations were optional, what gives?
Donations ARE STILL *OPTIONAL* however there are caveats I must now put into place to:
a) Protect myself from litigation
b) Ensure the ability for other modders in the community to continue to customize and share their work on other titles
c) Stop previously shared to, bad people from ruining this for everyone
d) Be compensated for my time moving foward. *NOT* for the 1000's of hours making customizations and creating version after version (my original intention to freely share has not changed). I'm speaking to recouping the loss of time it's taken for me to support and respond to requestors, time I've previously provided at no charge. This "second job" has proven to be incredibly more time consuming than I ever thought.

Background for A, B, and C: Certain people who have agreed to all terms and conditions of sharing have broken their promise yet again. These are bad people with bad intentions whose actions could put me into a legal battle and/or continue to jeopardize the work others have been doing for code customizations. Read up on the Pinball Browser's forum for more information on why this needs to stop. I can only assume those people lie in the bucket of those who haven't donated. The last thing I want to do is re-share with these terrible people. Unfortunately while I do know who some of these bad people are/have been, file share auditing doesn't allow me do definitively know every person who has done this. I know it requires more work for some good people (and will also incur a giant email inbox + manual work for me again every morning after I post this) but it's the best way I've been able to come up to weed out the bad people that I've shared to previously.
For those who don't know, a specific group of bad people have gone as far as send me threatening, derogatory emails in their attempts to access.
Regardless of my lack of visibility through google drive sharing, I have devised other methods to identify people moving forward. So please don't attempt to break the rules.

Background for D: Sharing in the manner I do is manual and takes time. A standard back and forth + share takes me at least 15 min to go read through our string, figure out who you are and share. We are at over 20 versions now, so just imagine how much time it has taken me to support everyone over and over again. So many have also needed technical assistance. I have spent many hours with some people sorting things out and have asked for nothing in return. While auditing the list of 430+ JP owners I've shared to, I found multiple email strings where I had days of back and forth, sharing new versions with certain people, answering their technical questions, troubleshooting, etc. Additionally I found multiple strings where the person said something to the effect of "I will surely donate", "Donation coming", etc. etc. then after multiple shares/back and forth providing support, no donation was ever made.

I was going to add some extremely depressing stats I uncovered about all of this to backup my points/reasoning here, but have decided to refrain from doing so. If you want details in confidence, you can PM me.

What if didn't donate prior and therefore didn't not get a new link?
Please PM me for a new link. If you are one of the folks I've been back and forth with multiple times or helped troubleshoot, I may require a reasonable fee based on time already spent with you. I will assess this on a case by case basis. Technical support will no longer be free. Otherwise I will share a new private link with you freely.

What if I'm a brand new requestor?
PM me. You'll go through the same accepting of disclaimers that everyone else has, and I'll freely share a private link with you. Donation optional.

What if I don't like some of the audio/video changes noted below and want something different?
In the past, I have freely made custom versions for people. This has been extremely time-consuming in itself. If you want some variation of this new 1.03 version, I have to be compensated for the time it will take me to do so. It's not as easy/quick as you might think. Please PM me and we can discuss options.

I'm not computer savvy, will you flash and mail me an SD card with this code on it?
Absolutely not. That was the thing a company was doing that ignited this pinball browser code blocking in the first place (different game). I am willing to get on a screen share with you and get your SD flashed properly but I will charge an hourly rate. I've done this for free for too many people at this point. PM me.

What if I think all of the above is garbage?
IMHO either you don't understand the history nor effort and need to re-read the above, through this forum thread... or you're an unappreciative, garbage person.

Onto the good news!...

39TS_D31 (1.03) RELEASE NOTES

What has changed with this 1.03 based 39TS_D31 version since the last 38TS_D31 1.02 based version?
Firstly, all audio and video assets have been ported to 1.03. This was yet another heroic effort that has taken me many hours over a full week. Porting from 1.00 to 1.01, then to 1.02 took and exponential amount of time in comparison to this port from 1.02 to 1.03, time I wish I had been able to spend being creative, not battling against code blockers. For what's changed throughout all this time audio/video-wise, see previous release notes in the key posts section of this thread. Release notes of what has changed audio/video-wise since 1.02 38TS are below.

VIDEO

RAPTOR TRI-BALL
Tightened up the Raptor Cage, "Raise the gate" to be more in sync with Muldoon's voice.

T-REX ENCOUNTER
Reworked every single video in this mode to make sure clips from the movie, which the stock animation intended to mimic w/ the exact duration were used instead.

ATTRACT
Firstly, it appears that 1.03 likes to play non-attract videos more often than actual attract videos. What this means is you'll see some loops from say, amber bonus during attract more than the ones you've been used to. This is out of my control. What I have done is replaced the main attract loop with the movie scene of Grant and Ellie first seeing the brachiosaur, then the other main attract with them looking down at the herds of plant eaters.

AUDIO

T-REX MB / T-REX MODE START
Previously, when T-Rex MB would start (aka a variation of "Teee-Reeex-Multiballl! when you got her to catch the ball) one variation was "He's gonna eat the goat?" (Lex). It seemed more fitting to put this when T-Rex Mode in general is ready, waiting for the ball. The variation of "He's gonna eat the goat?" for the actual MB start is now replaced with "Ian freeze!" (Dr. Grant). Also since that now replaced "Get rid of the flare!" (Grant), I have put the latter into a variation in T-Rex Encounter.

T-REX CHASE
Some don't like that the movie clip always shows Ian Malcolm saying, "Must go faster" but that that particular line doesn't always play. I've made it so that line always plays and is in sync with the movie clip.
The one I removed, "Gotta get out of here now, now, right now" (Ian Malcolm) has been placed into a variation for T-Rex Rampage start.

JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH
I was personally getting tired of the variation, "Please goddamnit, I hate this hacker crap...". Plus I have that playing in Invalid mode already. I replaced this with, "Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo and the computers aren't even on their feet yet. I'll shut you down, John. (Hahah) In 48 hours, I'll be accepting your apologies." (Arnold, Gennaro, Hammond)

CONTROL ROOM READY
Some people have expressed that they aren't notified well when the Control Room light is on/is ready. I removed one of the variations that was kinda sunk in the mix, "System's Ready" (Arnold) and replaced it with "In there, control room." (Ellie Sattler). "See that, its on!" (Arnold) is still the 2nd variation. I also bumped the volume of both to make them more obvious.

MUSEUM MAYHEM
In my previous release I meticulously added movie clips that matched what the animations were intending. I took it a step further this time with audio. Replacing stock lines with the few movie lines said there + screams etc. from that end scene in the original JP movie.

Movie lines include (but aren't limited to):

• Call the mainlaind, tell them to send the helicopters. (Grant)
  • You bred raptors? (Grant - seemed appropriate for mayhem start)
  • It's inside (classic Lex movie line)
  • Tim let go (Grant then Timmy screaming while falling off the t-rex fossil)
  • Quick Tim, move! (Grant)
  • And he just stares right back... (Grant)
  • Various screams during this scene

SMART MISSILE
No, I have not changed the fake Arnold countdown, sorry. I like it and don't mind when it's melded with the stock actor in a different mode countdown.
What I have changed is the two smart missile missed variations. Instead of SLJ "C'mon!" (from Coming to America) you'll hear, SLJ "PLEASE!" (from the JP movie) and instead of SLJ "No, no, no that's crazy" (from the JP movie) you'll hear SLJ "Goddamnit!". I have added the old replacements to variations in Invalid mode.

OTHER

• Male - Time is running out: This was the last stock actor hurry up I needed to replace. Now "We can make it if we run" (Ellie Sattler) plays instead.
  • Minor tweaks to paddock entry vs. XXX left in the paddock movie lines replaced.
  • Many music and callout leveling updates to try to make things more consistent.
  • Other improvements I failed to note above.

PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
What amount of work has gone into this project?: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/23#post-5941835
38TS_D31: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/23#post-5938888
37TS_D31: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/20#post-5914972
34TS_D31: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5881635
29TS: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5815697

HELPFUL LINKS
How to save your settings and scores: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/10#post-5782782
Installing via Mac Terminal App: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/21#post-5918130

Do you plan to release another update?

No plans at this time. Getting everything ported to 1.03 was yet another incredibly difficult undertaking. I have a 9-5 job and this "second job" has taken me away from many personal projects and activities. I am very happy with the state it is in and I need to get back to making my own music. Again like I've said in my PM's supporting my music is worth more than any donation for this pin code stuff. My social links are below if you'd like to support me:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/timstilesmusic/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/timstilesmusic
Bandcamp: https://timstiles.bandcamp.com/
Official Website: https://timstilesmusic.com/
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2K9R6a8d5cKzmchwZmeD0a
Apple Music (iTunes): https://music.apple.com/us/artist/tim-stiles/1125536651
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/tim-stiles
YouTube Music: https://music.youtube.com/channel/UCOpexbr_fBevJ-DYMag8dmg
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsHuWuu4S5Ee5ySHU8FD8lA
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/timstiles

Added over 3 years ago:

UPDATE 11/23 5pm PST: Pinside won't let me simply edit my above post so I have to post this update as an addition. :/
After now 2 full days with Google Support during breaks from my own job with no resolution, I was able to figure out how to share without getting blocked. All remaining PREM/LE owners should now have a new private link. With that said, during the process I just went through now, I got a bunch of bouncebacks from many of your respective accounts. So if you didn't receive an email link just now then your account blocked it. But that doesn't mean you can't access the file. Go to your Google Drive and look at the "Shared To Me" view. You should see a new 39TS file there.

Added over 3 years ago:

UPDATE 11/23 7pm PST: Since the below successful share, I've been sharing to remaining PREM/LE and PRO owners individually. Each time I do I get a bounceback from the given address. This is yet another bug/blocker by Google. If I've PM'd you today/tonight saying I shared with you, please check your Shared With Me view while logged into google drive in the correct account. I am again getting inundated with emails and I really need to go eat dinner and get to bed. I will revisit anyone's responses tomorrow morning. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Added over 3 years ago:

11/26: Just to close this out for any first time folks reading this post, I am able to share again. If I could I would delete a lot of the minutia in here but pinside doesn't allow edits, only additions to posts created >24 hours prior.

#1269 3 years ago

Truly epic here Tim.
Thanks again for everything.
Just unreal the amount of effort.
So appreciated.

Quoted from timlah79:

***WITH ONE CAVEAT***
11/21 9:20PM PST: Google Drive just blocked me from sharing to the list of PREM/LE folks. I was only able to share the PRO file to PRO owners just now. I will have to wait until tomorrow for google to allow me to share to PREM/LE.
I will either edit or update this post once I'm able to share again... If you are a PREM/LE owner PLEASE don't PM me, just check back on this post tomorrow afternoon.
IMPORTANT: Download immediately! New private links will likely be disabled in 48 hours.
If you just received a private link to either of these 39TS_D31 files, no need to continue reading the further points. Follow the same flashing to SD instructions I've sent you prior and skip to the 39TS_D31 RELEASE NOTES section below.

PREM/LE: jurassic_park_le-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
PRO: jurassic_park_le-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip

*If you have previously donated* then you should have just received a new, private link to the email address I originally shared to.
If you have donated but *have not* received a new private link email notification, check your SPAM folder and/or triple check our pinside mail string to make sure you know which of your email addresses I shared to. Please do not PM me before first going through the below.
b) You are still looking in the wrong email account.
c) You donated from a different name/email address that I hadn't shared to.
d) I missed you on my distribution list of those who have donated and/or didn't coorelate your donation name/email to your shared to email, my apologies.
DO NOT click Request Access! Make sure you are logged into the google account I shared with. Go through the above steps!
What if I have donated, gone through ALL of the above but still can't find a new link?
Please PM me (preferably via our original pinside thread) noting your shared to email address, the date you donated, and the email address / name the donation came from. I will happily send you a new link immediately.
Donations ARE STILL *OPTIONAL* however there are caveats I must now put into place to:
b) Ensure the ability for other modders in the community to continue to customize and share their work on other titles
d) Be compensated for my time moving foward. *NOT* for the 1000's of hours making customizations and creating version after version (my original intention to freely share has not changed). I'm speaking to recouping the loss of time it's taken for me to support and respond to requestors, time I've previously provided at no charge. This "second job" has proven to be incredibly more time consuming than I ever thought.
Background for A, B, and C: Certain people who have agreed to all terms and conditions of sharing have broken their promise yet again. These are bad people with bad intentions whose actions could jeopardize both my work and the work others have been doing for code customizations. Read up on the Pinball Browser's forum for more information on why this needs to stop. Unfortunately while I do know who some of these bad people are/have been, file share auditing doesn't allow me do definitively know every person who has done this. I can only assume those people lie in the bucket of those who haven't donated. The last thing I want to do is re-share with these terrible people. I know it requires more work for some good people (and will also incur a giant email inbox + manual work for me again every morning after I post this) but it's the best way I've been able to come up with thus far.
For those who don't know, a specific group of bad people have gone as far as send me threatening, derogatory emails in their attempts to access.
Regardless of my lack of visibility through google drive sharing, I have devised other methods to identify people moving forward. So please don't attempt to break the rules.
Background for D: Sharing in the manner I do is manual and takes time. A standard back and forth + share takes me at least 15 min to go read through our string, figure out who you are and share. We are at over 20 versions now, so just imagine how much time it has taken me to support everyone over and over again. So many have also needed technical assistance. I have spent many hours with some people sorting things out and have asked for nothing in return. While auditing the list of 430+ JP owners I've shared to, I found multiple email strings where I had days of back and forth, sharing new versions with certain people, answering their technical questions, troubleshooting, etc. Additionally I found multiple strings where the person said something to the effect of "I will surely donate", "Donation coming", etc. etc. then after multiple shares/back and forth providing support, no donation was ever made.
I was going to add some extremely depressing stats I uncovered about all of this to backup my points/reasoning here, but have decided to refrain from doing so. If you want details in confidence, you can PM me.
Please PM me for a new link. If you are one of the folks I've been back and forth with multiple times or helped troubleshoot, I may require a reasonable fee based on time already spent with you. I will assess this on a case by case basis. Technical support will no longer be free. Otherwise I will share a new private link with you freely.
PM me. You'll go through the same accepting of disclaimers that everyone else has, and I'll freely share a private link with you. Donation optional.
What if I don't like some of the audio/video changes noted below and want something different?
In the past, I have freely made custom versions for people. This has been extremely time-consuming in itself. If you want some variation of this new 1.03 version, I have to be compensated for the time it will take me to do so. It's not as easy/quick as you might think. Please PM me and we can discuss options.
I'm not computer savvy, will you flash and mail me an SD card with this code on it?
Absolutely not. That was the thing a company was doing that ignited this pinball browser code blocking in the first place (different game). I am willing to get on a screen share with you and get your SD flashed properly but I will charge an hourly rate. I've done this for free for too many people at this point. PM me.
IMHO either you don't understand the history nor effort and need to re-read the above, through this forum thread... or you're an unappreciative, garbage person.
Onto the good news!...
39TS_D31 RELEASE NOTES
What has changed with this 1.03 based 39TS_D31 version since the last 38TS_D31 1.02 based version?
Firstly, all audio and video assets have been ported to it. This was yet another heroic effort that has taken me many hours over a full week. See previous 1.02 release notes in the key posts for reference. Release notes of what has changed audio/video-wise since 1.02 38TS are below.
VIDEO
RAPTOR TRI-BALL
Tightened up the Raptor Cage, "Raise the gate" to be more in sync with Muldoon's voice.
T-REX ENCOUNTER
Reworked every single video in this mode to make sure clips from the movie, which the stock animation intended to mimic w/ the exact duration were used instead.
ATTRACT
Firstly, it appears that 1.03 likes to play non-attract videos more often than actual attract videos. What this means is you'll see some loops from say, amber bonus during attract more than the ones you've been used to. This is out of my control. What I have done is replace the main attract loop with the movie scene of Grant and Ellie first seeing the brachiosaur, then the other main attract with them looking down at the herds of plan eaters.
AUDIO
Previously, when T-Rex MB would start (aka a variation of "Teee-Reeex-Multiballl! when you got her to catch the ball) one variation was "He's gonna eat the goat?" (Lex). It seemed more fitting to put this when T-Rex Mode in general is ready, waiting for the ball. The variation of "He's gonna eat the goat?" for the actual MB start is now replaced with "Ian freeze!" (Dr. Grant). Also since that now replaced "Get rid of the flare!" (Grant), I have put the latter into a variation in T-Rex Encounter.
T-REX CHASE
Some don't like that the movie clip always shows Ian Malcolm saying, "Must go faster" but that that particular line doesn't always play. I've made it so that line always plays and is in sync with the movie clip.
The one I removed, "Gotta get out of here now, now, right now" (Ian Malcolm) has been placed into a variation for T-Rex Rampage start.
JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH
I was personally getting tired of the variation, "Please goddamnit, I hate this hacker crap..." variation. Plus I have that playing in Invalid mode already. I replaced this with, "Item 151 on taday's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo and the computers aren't even on their feet yet. I'll shut you down, John. (Hahah) In 48 hours, I'll be accepting your apologies." (Arnold, Gennaro, Hammond)
CONTROL ROOM READY
Some people have expressed that they aren't notified well when the Control Room light is on/is ready. I removed one of the variations that was kinda sunk in the mix, "System's Ready" (Arnold) and replaced it with "In there, control room." (Ellie Sattler). "See that, its on!" (Arnold) is still the 2nd variation. I also bumped the volume of both to make them more obvious.
MUSEUM MAYHEM
In my previous release I meticulously added movie clips that matched what the animations were intending. I took it a step further this time with audio. Replacing stock lines with the few movie lines said there + screams etc. from that end scene in the original JP movie.

Call the mainlaind, tell them to send the helicopters. (Grant)
You bred raptors? (Grant - seemed appropriate for mayhem start)
It's inside (classic Lex movie line)
Tim let go (Grant then Timmy screaming while falling off the t-rex fossil)
Quick Tim, move! (Grant)
And he just stares right back... (Grant)
Various screams during this scene

SMART MISSILE
No, I have not changed the fake Arnold countdown, sorry. I like it and don't mind when it's melded with the stock actor in a different mode countdown.
What I have changed is the two smart missile missed variations. Instead of SLJ "C'mon!" (from Coming to America) you'll hear, SLJ "PLEASE!" (from the JP movie) and instead of SLJ "No, no, no that's crazy" (from the JP movie) you'll hear SLJ "Goddamnit!". I have added the old replacements to variations in Invalid mode.
OTHER

Male - Time is running out: This was the last stock actor hurry up I needed to replace. Now "We can make it if we run" (Ellie Sattler) plays instead.
Minor tweaks to paddock entry vs. XXX left in the paddock movie lines replaced.
Many music and callout leveling updates to try to make things more consistent.
Other improvements I failed to note above.

PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
What amount of work has gone into this project?: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/23#post-5941835
38TS_D31: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/23#post-5938888
37TS_D31: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/20#post-5914972
34TS_D31: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5881635
29TS: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5815697
HELPFUL LINKS
How to save your settings and scores: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/10#post-5782782
Installing via Mac Terminal App: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/21#post-5918130
No plans at this time. Getting everything ported to 1.03 was yet another incredibly difficult undertaking. I have a 9-5 job and this "second job" has taken me away from many personal projects and activities. I am very happy with the state it is in and I need to get back to making my own music. Again like I've said in my PM's supporting my music is worth more than any donation for this pin code stuff. My social links are below if you'd like to support me:

#1270 3 years ago

Thank you so much again Tim!

#1271 3 years ago

Thanks!

#1272 3 years ago

Vamooossss grazie Tim

#1273 3 years ago

Your efforts are greatly appreciated Tim, thank you. The least we can do is follow the rules to ensure we can all enjoy the amazing work you and other creators produce

#1274 3 years ago

Thanks Tim, really appreciate all your hard work.

#1275 3 years ago

Can’t wait to try this one out!!! Many thanks fir your dedication!!

#1276 3 years ago

Thanks Tim for your work, this is the best MOD for Jurassic Park. Your videos and sounds greatly improve this fabulous pinball machine

#1277 3 years ago

1.03 installed over the top of a previous SD card. All seems great so far. Cheers Tim

#1278 3 years ago

Awesome detailed write up. Not only do we all appreciate what you are bringing to this pin, but your attention to detail and passion for the project speak a lot about just how much you want the game to be as good as it can be for all of us.

Thank you for your efforts, and thank you for letting us all share in the experience with you.

#1279 3 years ago

Looks like Sunday won't be boring! Thanks so much

#1280 3 years ago

Looks awesome. Hope to try this out as I just found this.

#1281 3 years ago

Hi Tim,
just installed your new version after getting the game last Wednesday. Started playing with the factory software to be able to recognise and enjoy the difference to yours. What can I say? I am blown away, fantastic! Thank you so much for your efforts.

#1282 3 years ago

Tim quick question. My fav callout was 'A BABY DINOSAWER' when you reach the compy paddock. Has that been switched or are there different variations?

#1283 3 years ago

im having issues with the new code . uploaded jurassic_park_pro-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip PRO - ONTO MY SD. LOADED IT IN THE PIN. STARTED UP FINE . It works until a ball goes in the drain then game locks up reverts to home screen . keeps rebooting saying restarting. anyone else having this issue ? i did not update from 1.00 verison ..... maybe since i jumped from 1.3 ??? SD seemed to load correctly . ANY HELP ?

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from meandean:

im having issues with the new code . uploaded jurassic_park_pro-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip PRO - ONTO MY SD. LOADED IT IN THE PIN. STARTED UP FINE . It works until a ball goes in the drain then game locks up reverts to home screen . keeps rebooting saying restarting. anyone else having this issue ? i did not update from 1.00 verison ..... maybe since i jumped from 1.3 ??? SD seemed to load correctly . ANY HELP ?

Did you have the coin door closed when updating? Not sure if that will matter here, but it has mattered for other updates.

Oh, and what I really came to this thread for:

Thank you Tim for the update!

#1285 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1286 3 years ago

unbelieveable update. coming from the original audio only version, the customer video really elevates the experience to be immersive Jurassic Park. Great Job! just donated for the second time. for those that pay 6-10k for a game and don't donate...well, you know what you are. do the right thing and support tim!

#1287 3 years ago

I'm still waiting for my link.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Same. Premiums/Le version coming to us tomorrow.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Me too, Tim'll get to us once he sorts out the sharing issue I'm sure.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

***WITH CAVEATS***
11/21 9:20PM PST: Google Drive just blocked me from sharing to the list of PREM/LE folks saying I reached my quota but I think I got flagged as spam by Google. I was only able to share the PRO file to PRO owners just now. I will have to wait until tomorrow for google to allow me to share to PREM/LE.
I will either edit or update this post once I'm able to share again... If you are a PREM/LE owner PLEASE don't PM me, just check back on this post tomorrow afternoon.
I also just got a bunch of "message blocked" bounce back responses from multiple PRO owner addresses. You are all people I've shared to individually before. Why your address would reject this new send is beyond me. Your google account must not allow for bulk drive share email correspondence even though I sent out private links in bulk via Google drive share, not a bulk email per se. Perhaps you need to add me as a contact or I've just gotten marked by Google as a spammer temporarily... I guess you'll have to reach out to me if you didn't get a new private link. I imagine the same will happen once I'm able to send out the PREM/LE links tomorrow. I'm at my wit's end here...
With everything said above and below, my responses to any emails or PMs will be delayed.
UPDATE 11/22 9:30am PST
Google is still blocking the share to PREM/LE list. Tried again this morning and got the same error. It appears I have to wait a full 24 hours. So I will try again tomorrow morning 11/23.
What's when it failed last night some addresses still showed as being added. Did any PREM/LE owners get a new link last night?
Also I have 35 messages in my inbox as of this morning, so please forgive me for any delayed response.

PREM/LE:
jurassic_park_le-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
PRO:
jurassic_park_pro-1_03_0_39TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip

b) You may be shared to even if you didn't get an email. Check your google drive "Shared with me" view and look for the file.
c) Your google account rejected the private, shared link message
d) You are still looking in the wrong email account.
e) You donated from a different name/email address that I hadn't shared to.
f) I missed you on my distribution list of those who have donated and/or didn't coorelate your donation name/email to your shared to email, my apologies.
Background for A, B, and C: Certain people who have agreed to all terms and conditions of sharing have broken their promise yet again. These are bad people with bad intentions whose actions could put me into a legal battle and/or continue to jeopardize the work others have been doing for code customizations. Read up on the Pinball Browser's forum for more information on why this needs to stop. I can only assume those people lie in the bucket of those who haven't donated. The last thing I want to do is re-share with these terrible people. Unfortunately while I do know who some of these bad people are/have been, file share auditing doesn't allow me do definitively know every person who has done this. I know it requires more work for some good people (and will also incur a giant email inbox + manual work for me again every morning after I post this) but it's the best way I've been able to come up to weed out the bad people that I've shared to previously.
Onto the good news!...
39TS_D31 (1.03) RELEASE NOTES
Firstly, all audio and video assets have been ported to 1.03. This was yet another heroic effort that has taken me many hours over a full week. Porting from 1.00 to 1.01, then to 1.02 took and exponential amount of time in comparison to this port from 1.02 to 1.03, time I wish I had been able to spend being creative, not battling against code blockers. For what's changed throughout all this time audio/video-wise, see previous release notes in the key posts section of this thread. Release notes of what has changed audio/video-wise since 1.02 38TS are below.
VIDEO
RAPTOR TRI-BALL
T-REX ENCOUNTER
ATTRACT
Firstly, it appears that 1.03 likes to play non-attract videos more often than actual attract videos. What this means is you'll see some loops from say, amber bonus during attract more than the ones you've been used to. This is out of my control. What I have done is replaced the main attract loop with the movie scene of Grant and Ellie first seeing the brachiosaur, then the other main attract with them looking down at the herds of plant eaters.
AUDIO
T-REX CHASE
JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH
I was personally getting tired of the variation, "Please goddamnit, I hate this hacker crap...". Plus I have that playing in Invalid mode already. I replaced this with, "Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo and the computers aren't even on their feet yet. I'll shut you down, John. (Hahah) In 48 hours, I'll be accepting your apologies." (Arnold, Gennaro, Hammond)
CONTROL ROOM READY
MUSEUM MAYHEM

Call the mainlaind, tell them to send the helicopters. (Grant)
You bred raptors? (Grant - seemed appropriate for mayhem start)
It's inside (classic Lex movie line)
Tim let go (Grant then Timmy screaming while falling off the t-rex fossil)
Quick Tim, move! (Grant)
And he just stares right back... (Grant)
Various screams during this scene

SMART MISSILE
OTHER

Male - Time is running out: This was the last stock actor hurry up I needed to replace. Now "We can make it if we run" (Ellie Sattler) plays instead.
Minor tweaks to paddock entry vs. XXX left in the paddock movie lines replaced.
Many music and callout leveling updates to try to make things more consistent.
Other improvements I failed to note above.

PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
HELPFUL LINKS

I've been on Google support chat all day and have received over 50 PMs/emails which keep coming in hour by hour. Are people not reading my post? I am blocked from sharing at the moment by Google. If you were lucky, you got your new private link last night. If you haven't please just be patient while I push Google to un-block me. For the love of everything, please DO NOT email/PM me about getting access... It looks like this may not be resolved until tomorrow evening at best.

#1291 3 years ago

sorry, i was one that pm'ed you this morning having read your yesterday post but not the update you added this morning. i'm gonna donate now and thanks for the 1.02 update. enjoying that one a lot.

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've been on Google support chat all day and have received over 50 PMs/emails which keep coming in hour by hour. Are people not reading my post? I am blocked from sharing at the moment by Google. If you were lucky, you got your new private link last night. If you haven't please just be patient while I push Google to un-block me. For the love of everything, please don't email/PM me about getting access...

PM sent!

#1293 3 years ago

I was lucky enough to get a premium link last night and can report that it works just fine. Hang in there

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from meandean:

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Did you have the coin door closed when updating? Not sure if that will matter here, but it has mattered for other updates.
Oh, and what I really came to this thread for:
Thank you Tim for the update!

EDIT 11/23: meandean can correct me if I'm wrong but I think this happened b/c he used Balena Etcher. You must use Win32DiskImager on PC or Terminal App on Mac.

meandean You have me a bit frightened. This would be the first report of such an issue for any update I've ever made. You could be onto something as far as "jumping" versions but that's never been a problem in the past AFAIK. Did you have the coin door closed when you booted up? If you didn't you would have gotten an error right then and there I think. When flashing the code to your SD, did you use Win32DiskImager on PC or Terminal App on Mac? Please don't use Balena Etcher. Others may have input here but again this is the first I've heard and I can't test PRO.

#1295 3 years ago

Apologies in advance if this has been asked/answered already but I'm trying to verify things are being written to my SD card correctly. Basically, do folks have 4-5 partitions (drives) created on the SD card when writing the raw file via Win32DiskImager - all but one of which are empty? Sorry I don't have a screenshot to post as well.

Thanks everyone!

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight:

Apologies in advance if this has been asked/answered already but I'm trying to verify things are being written to my SD card correctly. Basically, do folks have 4-5 partitions (drives) created on the SD card when writing the raw file via Win32DiskImager - all but one of which are empty? Sorry I don't have a screenshot to post as well.
Thanks everyone!

It has been asked before.

Just write the card. Put it in the machine and turn it on. If it doesn't boot then you know it's not right - try again. The SD card has Linux partitions on it and it doesn't work looking at them with windows.

Stern Spike system has no memory or hard drive. It's all on the SD card. Therefore you can't 'break' it. It loads or it doesn't.

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight:

Thanks everyone!

Win32DiskImager will display an error code if it fails to write the image, so if you don't see any errors you'll be good to go as MrMikeman indicated

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just write the card. Put it in the machine and turn it on. If it doesn't boot then you know it's not right - try again. The SD card has Linux partitions on it and it doesn't work looking at them with windows.
Stern Spike system has no memory or hard drive. It's all on the SD card. Therefore you can't 'break' it. It loads or it doesn't.

Just to clarify the Spike system does have memory (just like a PC) and the SD card is the equivalent of the hard drive, but you are right in regards putting in the updated SD card.

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The Spike system DOES has random access "memory" but DOES NOT appear to have any significant amount of FLASH memory, so every power ON sequence, loads the entire operating system from the card in it's entirety. That is why you don't see any screen information for 10-15 seconds after you turn the power on while it's loading the operating system.

#1299 3 years ago

Don't know if it's just me or everyone, but I just received my file share link. If you've not checked your linked email account in the last few minutes, you may want to.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if it's just me or everyone, but I just received my file share link. If you've not looked in the last few minutes, you may want to.

Have a Tantrum and get your way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/26?hl=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.