D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 37.
#1201 3 years ago

So Pinball Browser version 7.6 fixed the issue. Great job!

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So Pinball Browser version 7.6 fixed the issue. Great job!

Can you be more specific regarding "the issue"? Do you mean the block has been worked around and the custom track can be installed on 1.03?

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Can you be more specific regarding "the issue"? Do you mean the block has been worked around and the custom track can be installed on 1.03?

yes

#1204 3 years ago

I would personally out both the distributor and the pinside user. You can be damn sure I wouldn't buy a machine from them for trying to screw someone in the community.

#1205 3 years ago

Yes and No.

Updated:

Yes, Support for the JP1.03 code has been added to PB. The 1.03 software can be modified by anyone using PB now and you can add audio and video as you like.

But... Updating Tim/Delts clips into the 1.03 image will take hours (update: Tim says not too long) of his time required to convert the media placements that were used in 1.02 to be compatible with the 1.03 code. It is NOT as simple as pushing a button to install Tim's updates on top of 1.03. It is a hand crafted and very complicated process, in many cases clip by clip, and there are 3500+ clips.

Cross our collective fingers!!!

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Yes and No.
Yes, Support for the JP1.03 code has been added to PB. The 1.03 software can be modified by anyone using PB now and you can add audio and video as you like.
No, Updating Tim's version into the 1.03 image will take 100-200 hours (my wild guess) of someone's time required to convert the media placements that were used in 1.02 to be compatible with the 1.03 code. It is NOT as simple as pushing a button to install Tim's updates on top of 1.03. It is a hand crafted and very complicated process, in many cases clip by clip, and there are 3500+ clips.
So, YES, technically 1.03 can be updated. But No (not now), it's not clear if/when someone will put a month aside to invest those hours to make that update.

Having watched this thread closely since the beginning, I thought that was just taking the prem/LE set up and transferring it to the pro code not just updating versions unless it was a complete code change with different clip layouts in the software. As long as the tracks don't move locations/durations my understanding was that it was much faster then that with his search/replace program. I'm not suggesting that it's a Thanos style snap of the fingers or anything but I would hope it isn't another 200 hours of work or I would have to question Tim's sanity to keep doing this over and over again lol.

#1207 3 years ago

PSA: I'm working on porting all audio and video assets to 1.03

Pinball Browser can now support 1.03! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/85#post-5960485
All sound locations have shifted again. However, if my macro method is still sound with 1.03, this shouldn't take terribly long.

NOTE: If you have PM'd me in the last day or so, please be patient. I will respond to you once this work is completed.

Wish me luck!

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Pinball Browser can now support 1.03! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/85#post-5960485
All sound locations have shifted again. However, if my macro method is still sound with 1.03, this shouldn't take terribly long.
NOTE: If you have PM'd me in the last day or so, please be patient. I will respond to you once this work is completed.
Wish me luck!

Tim and Delt, I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t. The dedication and pride you have put into this project is truly unbelievable. It’s literally motivating individuals to go buy a JP2. Your code update has been mentioned on a few different podcasts and everyone in the community is blown away. I cannot thank you enough for bringing JP2 to life!!! Wow!!

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Tim and Delt, I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t. The dedication and pride you have put into this project is truly unbelievable. It’s literally motivating individuals to go buy a JP2. Your code update has been mentioned on a few different podcasts and everyone in the community is blown away. I cannot thank you enough for bringing JP2 to life!!! Wow!!

RIGHT??? Makes you want to bitch-slap the jerkoffs that can't follow simple rules and donate SOMETHING.

#1210 3 years ago

I just placed an order for a JP pro and wanted to share that this custom code was my deciding factor over newer alternatives. I’ve been following this thread for a while and am amazed at how much work they have put into it. I will definitely be donating to show gratitude!

#1211 3 years ago

Tim and Delt thank you again for your continued work on this. I love playing the game with your modded sound and vision SO, SO much!

Just a question re sound adjustments - I've upgraded both the main speakers and sub on my game and I'm just looking for some advice on the best sound settings to get the most out of the games soundtrack. I've been messing around with the speech and music volumes in the main adjustments menu and also the base / treble / EQ settings in the other 'Volume' sound menu, but not sure I've got the balance of these setting right.

If anybody is able share their sound / EQ settings, I'd be really keen to check them out.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Wish me luck!

Good and Bad news. Good = I was able to successfully port all 600+ sounds via macros even though the locations changed again. Bad = The video locations have changed and I do not have a method to track/realign video locations. This may have to end up being a manual video import process for each, PREM/LE and PRO version. I'm looking into it.

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Good and Bad news. Good = I was able to successfully port all 600+ sounds via macros even though the locations changed again. Bad = The video locations have changed and I do not have a method to track/realign video locations. This may have to end up being a manual video import process for each, PREM/LE and PRO version. I'm looking into it.

What a wonderful amazing human...Was going to update last code tonight into my LE 1.02. Should I wait? It took awhile to get back my LE...so no biggie unless your thinking months...knowing you it will be much sooner...HAHA.

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I'll donate again if you figure out the video for the PRO version. Everyone I know that plays it at our collective loves the difference.

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Wish me luck!

Quoted from timlah79:

Good news. The video locations aren't "jumbled" like the audio. They've simply been shifted 6 places in an unexpected direction. I think I've figured it out. This will take probably another day or two finalize and test.

Again please don't PM me for now. I'm getting inundated with emails. I'll reply once I have this ready.

It will be a different sharing method that will require more work on your part to install and require a PC or if you are a Mac user you'll need to be able to run Windows via Parallels, Bootcamp or some other emulator. No more Mac OS alone support. Sorry in advance. I'll make an official update about all of this when I'm done.

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Good news. The video locations aren't "jumbled" like the audio. They've simply been shifted 6 places in an unexpected direction. I think I've figured it out. This will take probably another day or two finalize and test.
Again please don't PM me for now. I'm getting inundated with emails. I'll reply once I have this ready.
It will be a different sharing method that will require more work on your part to install and require a PC or if you are a Mac user you'll need to be able to run Windows via Parallels, Bootcamp or some other emulator. No more Mac OS alone support. Sorry in advance. I'll make an official update about all of this when I'm done.

Friggin awesome work Tim - your like a dog at a bone, you never stop. Look forward to the new version whenever it comes out, take your time and enjoy life

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Wish me luck!

Quoted from timlah79:

Quoted from timlah79:

Update: I've sorted out and tested successfully a 1.03 PREM/LE version w/ both video and audio assets in the places I expect (so far so good after 20+ish games). The video import was quite the chore and riddled with errors that seem to be related to the latest changes in both PB and 1.03. Regardless, I've overcome those blockers and have an error free 1.03 version running on my LE. Aka I think I have it figured out. I almost pooped myself when I loaded up the new SD for the first time, realizing there were no issues. Hopefully I can accomplish a PRO version with ease given what I've learned through porting to PREM/LE today. I'll revisit all of this in the morning and let you guys know.

#1218 3 years ago

You are the man Tim.
Thanks for all this!

Quoted from timlah79:

Update: I've sorted out and tested successfully a 1.03 PREM/LE version w/ both video and audio assets in the places I expect (so far so good after 20+ish games). The video import was quite the chore and riddled with errors that seem to be related to the latest changes in both PB and 1.03. Regardless, I've overcome those blockers and have an error free 1.03 version running on my LE. Aka I think I have it figured out. I almost pooped myself when I loaded up the new SD for the first time, realizing there were no issues. Hopefully I can accomplish a PRO version with ease given what I've learned through porting to PREM/LE today. I'll revisit all of this in the morning and let you guys know.

#1219 3 years ago

I get my Premium at Wednesday. That fits perfectly! Huge thanks to Tim. He should be engaged by Stern or JJP. Chief of sound and screen.

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Awesome. I had planned to just be happy with what we had, but if you choose to share this newest version I'd feel compelled to have to latest and greatest. I don't want to add to your PMs, so please let us know if we will be able to use our existing link or if we need to bug you at some point

#1221 3 years ago

This is great news! Except curious what’s the Mac exclusion about? Or are you just saying you don’t wanna hand hold Mac users anymore?

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

2 issues:
A) “raise the gate” doesn’t seem to be synced with the video. Is this a known issue?
B) start of T-Rex chase has an awkward moment with Goldbloom saying something in the back of the truck but no audio to match. Is this expected? I though the “go faster...much go faster” audio was intended to be synced with this, no?

#1223 3 years ago

Hi Tim.....Ive been waiting for the dust to settle, to update, but wanted to share that your work brings immense joy to me, my family, and the game! I cant thank you enough for your hard work!!

#1224 3 years ago

Yup; looking forward to a pro update, but it is not a crazy rush.

Thank you Tim!

#1225 3 years ago

PRO HELP NEEDED FOR PORTING TO PRO 1.03

I need a copy of the stock RAW PRO 1.00 (not the .SPK version). Does anyone have this stored somewhere and could send it to me?

jurassic_park_pro-1_00_0.Release.8G.sdcard.zip

Added over 3 years ago:

I think I used the right wizardry to port to PRO 1.03 without needing 1.00 stock code but if you have it, please let me know. Some PRO owners are testing as we speak.

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

2 issues:
A) “raise the gate” doesn’t seem to be synced with the video. Is this a known issue?
B) start of T-Rex chase has an awkward moment with Goldbloom saying something in the back of the truck but no audio to match. Is this expected? I though the “go faster...much go faster” audio was intended to be synced with this, no?

A) Known issue. It's slightly out of sync but not by much, I haven't had time to fix this yet.
B) This is expected. You'll either here "Gotta get out of here now, now, right now" (not part of that movie scene) or "Must go faster" (synced with the movie scene). This is b/c that location allows for 2 different sound replacements, but only 1 video. The game chooses which of the 2 sound clips at random.

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

A) Known issue. It's slightly out of sync but not by much, I haven't had time to fix this yet.
B) This is expected. You'll either here "Gotta get out of here now, now, right now" (not part of that movie scene) or "Must go faster" (synced with the movie scene). This is b/c that location allows for 2 different sound replacements, but only 1 video. The game chooses which of the 2 sound clips at random.

I guess one way to solve having 2 sound clips for the same video would be to have "Must go faster" in both of those sound locations so it is always synced - would that work?

#1228 3 years ago

Can’t wait to install! Thanks for your sacrifices!

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I guess one way to solve having 2 sound clips for the same video would be to have "Must go faster" in both of those sound locations so it is always synced - would that work?

Given that the same video always plays, I agree. This will be adjusted accordingly in the latest 1.03 based version.

#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've fixed both of these concerns in the upcoming 1.03 version.

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Shweet.

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

How’s the Pro coming along Tim?

Excellent work as always.

#1233 3 years ago

Perfect timing for the arrival of my premium tomorrow . Amazing work.

#1234 3 years ago

Awesome news! Excited to try it out!

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can confirm this. I've recently been given the green light to get another pin, and seeing this project just solidified JP2 as the #1 choice. Now I just have to find one!

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Can confirm this. I've recently been given the green light to get another pin, and seeing this project just solidified JP2 as the #1 choice. Now I just have to find one!

Avon Calling!

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Great!!!

#1238 3 years ago

Both PREM/LE and PRO 1.03 versions are done and tested. I'm just working through the ideal way to share privately. I should have a 39TS update for everyone tomorrow or shortly thereafter, marked as a key post. Thanks for your patience. This has taken more time than I expected.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Both PREM/LE and PRO 1.03 versions are done and tested. I'm just working through the ideal way to share privately. I should have a 39TS update for everyone tomorrow or shortly thereafter, marked as a key post. Thanks for your patience. This has taken more time than I expected.

You're a Legend, Tim!

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

If I knew you were going to jump on these so quickly I woulda made a bigger list!

Seriously though, thanks for your persistence!

Once posted, do we need to reformat the current SD Card before putting the 39TS file on the card?

#1241 3 years ago

If I knew you were going to jump on these so quickly I woulda made a bigger list!
Once posted, do we need to reformat the current SD Card before putting the 39TS file on the card?

Win32diskimager will overwrite whatever is already on the card, but make sure you are writing to the correct drive letter!

#1242 3 years ago

I listen to, take into account, and ponder/test every suggestion people make. I can't make everyone happy but I did feel the need to fix these two. Please don't send me any more suggestions though at least for a while. I've gotta get this 1.03 out!

And no you don't need to reformat as Markharris2000 mentioned. But I do recommend having multiple SD cards on hand. They're cheap and you might as well flash a new version to a new card just in case you want to step backwards. You should see my collection of SDs and sticky notes (I'm not posting a pic, the method to my own madness is somewhat embarrassing LOL).

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I listen to, take into account, and ponder/test every suggestion people make. I can't make everyone happy but I did feel the need to fix these two. Please don't send me any more suggestions though at least for a while. I've gotta get this 1.03 out!
And no you don't need to reformat as markharris2000 mentioned. But I do recommend having multiple SD cards on hand. They're cheap and you might as well flash a new version to a new card just in case you want to step backwards. You should see my collection of SDs and sticky notes (I'm not posting a pic, the method to my own madness is somewhat embarrassing LOL).

Understood!

Incidentally, it seems that part of the reason why many want 1.03 is due to an improvement in the trex ball-catching consistency....however, I don’t recall seeing this as an official improvement on the stern list for 1.03. Am I missing something?

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Get my JP Premium in 2 hours, perfect timing! I am really excited to get your new version.

#1245 3 years ago

Understood!
Incidentally, it seems that part of the reason why many want 1.03 is due to an improvement in the trex ball-catching consistency....however, I don’t recall seeing this as an official improvement on the stern list for 1.03. Am I missing something?

I personally have seen no improvement with all the 1.03 testing I've been doing. Mine catches with the same inconsistency it does with 1.02. I really don't understand why people are saying 1.03 helped. In fact it seems to have gotten worse. I've had situations where the T-Rex has the ball but the game doesn't know that she does. So it goes into clack clack find the ball mode. Also it seems like my T-Rex now sits lower in general, causing more balls to deflect off the bottom of her neck and fall back down the ramp instead of going all the way through it. I don't believe this is a physical issue with my T-Rex. I had the T-Rex triple checked by a tech a month ago. Only since installing 1.03 have I witnessed the aforementioned issues. Could be coincidence or other factors. I'd like someone to prove that 1.03 has actually helped.

The only noted T-rex change in the 1.03 release notes is a new setting that brings her back to center after a ball throw. Node board updates happened too when loading 1.03 up but who knows what those were...

#1246 3 years ago

I think I will wait as 1.02 is ass kicking. If Stern does another update I am sure you will once again come to the rescue.

Time for this guy to Chill and enjoy.

Thanks again for the amazing work.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I think I will wait as 1.02 is ass kicking. If Stern does another update I am sure you will once again come to the rescue.
Time for this guy to Chill and enjoy.
Thanks again for the amazing work.

It will be interesting to watch if Stern will keep putting resources into additional firmware gamecode updates for JP. I suspect it's directly related to revenue potential (measured by orders/backlog) on each title. For comparison, I just checked the changelog for JP and 1.03 is the TENTH official release of JP code, with the first version shipped in September 2019 and the most recent in late Oct20. That is 10 releases in 14 months. Other titles have various updates and project lifespans, such as Beatles had 6 releases over 4 months latest in Feb20, StrangerThings has had 15 releases in a year most recent two weeks ago. With the current demand and backlog for JP, I suspect we have more to come!

One observation: The game code for StrangerThings had 15 updates, and with just a couple of exceptions, each one of them added significant new functionality. Again, we'll see if JP has more to give, or if we are getting towards bug fix only mode...

Time will tell.

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It will be interesting to watch if Stern will keep putting resources into additional firmware gamecode updates for JP. I suspect it's directly related to revenue potential (measured by orders/backlog) on each title. For comparison, I just checked the changelog for JP and 1.03 is the TENTH official release of JP code, with the first version shipped in September 2019 and the most recent in late Oct20. That is 10 releases in 14 months. Other titles have various updates and project lifespans, such as Beatles had 6 releases over 4 months latest in Feb20, StrangerThings has had 15 releases in a year most recent two weeks ago. With the current demand and backlog for JP, I suspect we have more to come!
One observation: The game code for StrangerThings had 15 updates, and with just a couple of exceptions, each one of them added significant new functionality. Again, we'll see if JP has more to give, or if we are getting towards bug fix only mode...
Time will tell.

Agreed and all pins getting DJ mode....

ST has had 15 code updates...crazy....JP is way behind...haha.

#1249 3 years ago

Anyone have a loud chirping while booting up? I have the vol pretty low so that's not it. I do have pinwoofers system.

Anyone have a fix??

Thanks.

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Agreed and all pins getting DJ mode....
ST has had 15 code updates...crazy....JP is way behind...haha.

Well when you start out with a garbage game, it takes a lot more work to bring it up to par. I think another 15 updates or so and that game could be semi-playable...

I kid (or do I?) but there aren't enough updates in the world to bring ST to JP's level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/25?hl=gblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.