D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 37.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yes it plays during T-REX Encounter while traversing through that mode instead of "We need to keep the T-Rex's attention." I can incorporate it into ball saved but I'd have to give up a different, already replaced movie line in order to add it.

Leave the ball save as-is! I've seen it easily over 100 times at this point and I still laugh seeing that kid get blasted off the fence! Favorite ball save animation I've ever seen, hands-down.

#1102 3 years ago

New version (1.03) is out.. They only really added DJ mode, so I have no interest in updating, but I am curious if they nerfed PB in this version. Tim, are you able to easily validate whether your macros work?

#1103 3 years ago

Downloading, takes over 1 hour!!!! Their site is not the fastest!

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

New version (1.03) is out.. They only really added DJ mode, so I have no interest in updating, but I am curious if they nerfed PB in this version. Tim, are you able to easily validate whether your macros work?

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

It says bug fixes, but I haven't read which bugs. I hate to be behind on code, but no way am I going back to no video clips!

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It says big fixes, but I haven't read which bugs. I hate to be behind on code, but no way am I going back to no video clips!

AGREED!

#1107 3 years ago

Tim IS the Bug Fixer. He singlehandedly corrected the biggest bug of them all, Audio.

#1108 3 years ago

Yeah agreed . I read in the read me notes..

DJ mode....PASS
Start button options...PASS.

No issues with Trex.

Cant imagine what bug fixes will make me update.

Easy choice...lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1109 3 years ago

What is DJ mode?

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What is DJ mode?

A feature that lets you play/listen to the music in the game without actually starting a game.

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

A feature that lets you play/listen to the music in the game without actually starting a game.

Oh, brother... It's not like it's a music themed game...

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Music Pins I can see the appeal....not for JP. Odd..

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Music Pins I can see the appeal....not for JP. Odd..

Its a base level feature that will be rolling out to all their recent games. Wouldn't mind it for Deadpool TBH.

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I knew this was imminent... No, I won't be able to make changes to 1.03. It doesn't even open in PBrowser. I'll connect with the dev.

Fortunately, nothing in the 1.03 release notes seems like a deal breaker IMO. I have no interest in playing the game music like my pin is some kind of iPod and the blinking feature I could care less about. I'm also not going to load this into my machine. Swapping back and forth from older versions has not been an issue in the past, but I'm not gonna risk it. I would like to know if you can though. Any brave souls willing to try?

- T-Rex Mech Driver - all T-Rex throws will now home the motor after the throw is complete

I suppose this could be helpful for people who's T-Rex fails to center sometimes but I'm not quite sure what the benefit is to this.

Hopefully you guys will be ok to just stay on 1.02 until when/if I'll be able to port anything to 1.03. I'm still moving forward with a new 1.02 update which I should have ready in a couple days.

#1115 3 years ago

Only fix that would make me consider upgrading, is if they stopped the Smart Missile sequence starting when you are still in the Skill Shot sequence, hitting the first 3 shots and then being prevented from taking a pop at the O shot is very annoying!

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I knew this was imminent... No, I won't be able to make changes to 1.03. It doesn't even open in PBrowser. I'll connect with the dev.
Fortunately, nothing in the 1.03 release notes seems like a deal breaker IMO. I have no interest in playing the game music like my pin is some kind of iPod and the blinking feature I could care less about. I'm also not going to load this into my machine. Swapping back and forth from older versions has not been an issue in the past, but I'm not gonna risk it. I would like to know if you can though. Any brave souls willing to try?
- T-Rex Mech Driver - all T-Rex throws will now home the motor after the throw is complete
I suppose this could be helpful for people who's T-Rex fails to center sometimes but I'm not quite sure what the benefit is to this.
Hopefully you guys will be ok to just stay on 1.02 until when/if I'll be able to port anything to 1.03. I'm still moving forward with a new 1.02 update which I should have ready in a couple days.

My JP premium has been on order for quite a while, but I was told it would be manufactured in mid to late October, so there is a good chance it will may come with 1.03 firmware. If it does, is it as simple as flashing your code to a new SD as outlined, or do I have to figure out some type of downgrading process?

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Only fix that would make me consider upgrading, is if they stopped the Smart Missile sequence starting when you are still in the Skill Shot sequence, hitting the first 3 shots and then being prevented from taking a pop at the O shot is very annoying!

That seems like a super rare and obscure scenario... You'd really be willing to give up custom music for that?! Interesting..

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

My JP premium has been on order for quite a while, but I was told it would be manufactured in mid to late October, so there is a good chance it will may come with 1.03 firmware. If it does, is it as simple as flashing your code to a new SD as outlined, or do I have to figure out some type of downgrading process?

Unfortunately, it's tough to say. Normally, the answer would be YES - its as simple as that. However, this line throws some uncertainty into things:

- System - Updated to V2.60
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.64.0

I'm not sure whether the new node firmware will work with the old code... Until someone is brave enough to test it, we dont know.

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

If it does come with 1.03 that would be awesome if you could try mine. You'd just flash it to a different SD, swap that one in and see what happens.

Quoted from mcvetyty:

Unfortunately, it's tough to say. Normally, the answer would be YES - its as simple as that. However, this line throws some uncertainty into things:
- System - Updated to V2.60
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.64.0
I'm not sure whether the new node firmware will work with the old code... Until someone is brave enough to test it, we dont know.

When you "downgrade" today, the machine runs back through the previous nodeboard updates and applies whatever was set for them in that particular, lower code version. I suspect the same would happen when you swap in mine and then it would just work as 1.02. Time will tell.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

If it does come with 1.03 that would be awesome if you could try mine. You'd just flash it to a different SD, swap that one in and see what happens.

When you "downgrade" today, the machine runs back through the previous nodeboard updates and applies whatever was set for them in that particular, lower code version. I suspect the same would happen when you swap in mine and then it would just work as 1.02. Time will tell.

I'm going to throw up... Are there any files beyond the normal custom code I should acquire to aid in a potential downgrade process? Like the original 1.02 firmware files or something? My distributer said the game should ship from the factory in about a week.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I'm going to throw up... Are there any files beyond the normal custom code I should acquire to aid in a potential downgrade process? Like the original 1.02 firmware files or something? My distributer said the game should ship from the factory in about a week.

All code (ie node f/w, system and game including audio and video) is combined into a single package - so Tim's custom code contains the all the components.

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Yeah agreed . I read in the read me notes..
DJ mode....PASS
Start button options...PASS.
No issues with Trex.
Cant imagine what bug fixes will make me update.
Easy choice...lol[quoted image]

'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' default from 8 to 6 -> no need to upgrade, just change this manually
'TROUGH EJECT POWER' minimum to 64 -> clearly responding to the PF damage that is occurring (think the prev minimum was 176 which is what I use), although I find it strange that they didn't change the default

#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Quoted from Manny65:

All code (ie node f/w, system and game including audio and video) is combined into a single package - so Tim's custom code contains the all the components.

honkbahh I can fully understand your concern but I don't think you need to worry (fingers crossed of course). Manny65 is correct in that all stock code needs and added assets are compiled in the given SD you put into the machine. In short, you shouldn't have to do anything beyond flashing my 1.02 code to a different SD then swap it in *with the coin door closed*. I don't see any reason why a machine that already has 1.03 wouldn't just go through the motions as usual and "adapt back" to the 1.02 version but that has yet to be tested. You might end up being the first one to test... Hooray?

#1124 3 years ago

I'll do it if mine ever shows up... I was October as well but I was told a 10 day parts delay happened.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The obsession continues... A couple people have mentioned that the last clip in the bonus end screen is a little distracting/abrupt. Does this look any better to you guys? I'm open to suggestions! Keep in mind that this sequence is 4 video locations not just one long video. I have to carefully time and string all together, then hope the machine plays them in the intended timing/sync with the music.

Yep, improvement for sure Tim. I was one of those who mentioned the EOB sequence seemed a little disjointed (my only small gripe). Thumbs up

#1126 3 years ago

Groan...after almost 4 month wait, I am starting to wonder if I will ever get my JP.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'll do it if mine ever shows up... I was October as well but I was told a 10 day parts delay happened.

#1127 3 years ago

PSA: NEW Video + Audio Assets Version 38TS_D31 is now available!

Is 38TS_D31 available to both PREM/LE and PRO owners?
YES.

How do I access this new 38TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to 37TS, you simply need to access that and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 38TS_D31 in the name aka is:

jurassic_park_le-1_02_38TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip

OR

jurassic_park_pro-1_02_38TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip

These are both the same named, same, resulting 38TS .RAW file once extracted.

If your link does not result in one of those .ZIP filenames, PM me for a new private link.

I urge you to at least try downloading from your existing private link before PMing me. Thanks.

What if I don't have a link to either or if my link downloads a different version?
Please PM me, timlah79 and I will share a new private link with you.

Do I need to be aware of any differences in flashing this new 38TS_D31 version to SD vs. what I have done in the past?
Yes. The recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD are the same as they have been. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work. You should already have those instructions in the follow-ups I send to ya'll. Feel free to reach out to me if you need help.

How do I stay in tune with updates like this?
You have to check this forum from time to time and look specifically at the key posts. I'm laughing at myself right now when seeing that last time I said, "TBH this may be my last update. Also if a new code version get's released I'll probably get blocked again. I really do need to get back to finishing my album. I appreciate any support! https://timstilesmusic.com/"

I am blocked again. 1.03 is not accessible for customizations.

Are you going to create a 1.03 version?
Likely not. I am unable to currently. Also, this latest 38TS, 1.02 based version is feature complete IMO. Not to mention I haven't seen anything in the stock 1.03 release notes that would make anyone "need" to upgrade to it.

RELEASE NOTES (38TS_D31)

VIDEO UPDATES:

Note: All video updates noted below are by me/timlah79. I've kept any delt31 had in the previous version. Reach out to me with any questions or concerns about these new ones listed below.

BONUS SCREEN SEQUENCE
Re-timed and removed the "pause" of Grant pulling his glasses off. Adjusted the end of the bonuses mashup for a more seamless drive through and gate closing as it is cut in the movie.

RAPTORS IN THE KITCHEN & SECURE CONTROL ROOM
Replaced all 13 stock animations with movie clips that match almost exactly to what the stock animations mimicked in both of these wizard modes.
Anyone else besides me wonder why the stock animations for both modes are based on the raptors in the kitchen scenes of the movie? Seems like for secure control room, Stern would have gone with mimicking a different scene. Both modes share the same kitchen animations... I followed the paths they intended for all replacements.

MUSEUM MAYHEM
Replaced all 17 animations that are based on the final scene in the museum/visitor center with movie clips that should match exactly what was intended. I even went as far as matching the movie replacements to the SFX that play stock.
I hacked my way into this mode tonight and was blown away BTW. Totally worth the effort.

T-REX EAT GOAT (The movie scene that times up with the "chomp chomp" when you start T-Rex MB)
The current replacement video had an awkward pause at the end of the movie "chomp". Fixed this.

ATTRACT LOOP 1
Previously, this was replaced with a way too short movie scene of the T-Rex and the banner falling down (It would loop around and around awkwardly). I replaced this with a same as stock length version that has the same T-Rex end scene + a cut of the helicopter flying into the sunset just before the end movie credits start rolling.

WATERFALL LOOP
The stock animation is of the waterfall and helicopter. This plays randomly right after the end of the game and in attract mode.
The current movie replacement was Grant taking his glasses off and turning Ellie's head toward the brachiosaur. This video is already in other variations in attract mode and my bonus screen leverages the first part of that clip. I was seeing it way too much post game so I replaced this with a more appropriate, same as the stock length clip with the waterfall in the background, right as everyone is in the jeep and driving into the park, on their way to the visitor center.

AUDIO UPDATES:

SUPPLY DROP
"They got the really good stuff ready for us" (Stock Muldoon)
This hadn't been replaced so I replaced it with the movie line, "She had them all attacking the fences once the feeders came." (Muldoon)

HIGH SCORE
To the best of my ability cleaned up existing replacement "Our scientists have done things nobody's ever done before." (Hammond)
Swapped out another from 37TS that is bad quality, replaced with: "We're gonna make a fortune with this place." (Genarro)

AMBER
Brought back "Que lindo Eres" as it's own amber bonus callout. It's just too good of a line for this!

SMART MISSILE
Previously stock "Ah ha, direct hit!" was replaced with "How'd you do this?" (Grant)
It wasn't clearly heard in my opinion so I put the latter as a variation in HIGH SCORE and put "You got it yes yes!!!" (the kids) for when you accomplish smart missile.

INVALID
Found and replaced many more callouts. You'd be surprised how many callouts are in this mode alone (see previous notes for the multiple I've already replaced).
Added movie lines:

• "Stop the program." (Hammond)
  • "It's not worth taking the chance John." (Arnold)
  • "What a complete slob." (Arnold)
  • "White rabbit object, it did it all." (Arnold)
  • Also tried to level balance the replacement music with the callouts. Given all that's going on in the mode, you still may feel like you can't hear some callouts too well. Did the best I could.

PADDOCK ENTRY (Aka XXX STAFF IN THE PADDOCK)
Looks like I missed one stock version. Added "And he slashes at you with this" (Grant)

END THEME
Replaced the stock end theme song with "One Last Cry" by Brian McKnight (JUST KIDDING!)

OTHER
Multiple, existing callout & music replacement leveling + EQ fixes after extensive testing.
Likely even more audio changes that I failed to note here.

Enjoy guys!

#1128 3 years ago

Off to download.
Simply amazing work on this.

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Off to download.
Simply amazing work on this.

LOL, I'm at 68%

** Love it, little extra refinement and seems a little smoother

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Is 38TS_D31 available to both PREM/LE and PRO owners?
YES.
How do I access this new 38TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to 37TS, you simply need to access that and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 38TS_D31 in the name aka is:
jurassic_park_le-1_02_38TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
OR
jurassic_park_pro-1_02_38TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
These are both the same named, same, resulting 38TS .RAW file once extracted.
If your link does not result in one of those .ZIP filenames, PM me for a new private link.
I urge you to at least try downloading from your existing private link before PMing me. Thanks.
What if I don't have a link to either or if my link downloads a different version?
Please PM me, timlah79 and I will share a new private link with you.
Do I need to be aware of any differences in flashing this new 38TS_D31 version to SD vs. what I have done in the past?
Yes. The recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD are the same as they have been. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work. You should already have those instructions in the follow-ups I send to ya'll. Feel free to reach out to me if you need help.
How do I stay in tune with updates like this?
You have to check this forum from time to time and look specifically at the key posts. I'm laughing at myself right now when seeing that last time I said, "TBH this may be my last update. Also if a new code version get's released I'll probably get blocked again. I really do need to get back to finishing my album. I appreciate any support! https://timstilesmusic.com/"
I am blocked again. 1.03 is not accessible for customizations.
Are you going to create a 1.03 version?
Likely not. I am unable to currently. Also, this latest 38TS, 1.02 based version is feature complete IMO. Not to mention I haven't seen anything in the stock 1.03 release notes that would make anyone "need" to upgrade to it.
RELEASE NOTES (38TS_D31)
VIDEO UPDATES:
Note: All video updates noted below are by me/timlah79. I've kept any delt31 had in the previous version. Reach out to me with any questions or concerns about these new ones listed below.
BONUS SCREEN SEQUENCE
Re-timed and removed the "pause" of Grant pulling his glasses off. Adjusted the end of the bonuses mashup for a more seamless drive through and gate closing as it is cut in the movie.
RAPTORS IN THE KITCHEN & SECURE CONTROL ROOM
Replaced all 13 stock animations with movie clips that match almost exactly to what the stock animations mimicked in both of these wizard modes.
Anyone else besides me wonder why the stock animations for both modes are based on the raptors in the kitchen scenes of the movie? Seems like for secure control room, Stern would have gone with mimicking a different scene. Both modes share the same kitchen animations... I followed the paths they intended for all replacements.
MUSEUM MAYHEM
Replaced all 17 animations that are based on the final scene in the museum/visitor center with movie clips that should match exactly what was intended. I even went as far as matching the movie replacements to the SFX that play stock.
I hacked my way into this mode tonight and was blown away BTW. Totally worth the effort.
T-REX EAT GOAT (The movie scene that times up with the "chomp chomp" when you start T-Rex MB)
The current replacement video had an awkward pause at the end of the movie "chomp". Fixed this.
ATTRACT LOOP 1
Previously, this was replaced with a way too short movie scene of the T-Rex and the banner falling down (It would loop around and around awkwardly). I replaced this with a same as stock length version that has the same T-Rex end scene + a cut of the helicopter flying into the sunset just before the end movie credits start rolling.
WATERFALL LOOP
The stock animation is of the waterfall and helicopter. This plays randomly right after the end of the game and in attract mode.
The current movie replacement was Grant taking his glasses off and turning Ellie's head toward the brachiosaur. This video is already in other variations in attract mode and my bonus screen leverages the first part of that clip. I was seeing it way too much post game so I replaced this with a more appropriate, same as the stock length clip with the waterfall in the background, right as everyone is in the jeep and driving into the park, on their way to the visitor center.
AUDIO UPDATES:
SUPPLY DROP
"They got the really good stuff ready for us" (Stock Muldoon)
This hadn't been replaced so I replaced it with the movie line, "She had them all attacking the fences once the feeders came." (Muldoon)
HIGH SCORE
To the best of my ability cleaned up existing replacement "Our scientists have done things nobody's ever done before." (Hammond)
Swapped out another from 37TS that is bad quality, replaced with: "We're gonna make a fortune with this place." (Genarro)
AMBER
Brought back "Que lindo Eres" as it's own amber bonus callout. It's just too good of a line for this!
SMART MISSILE
Previously stock "Ah ha, direct hit!" was replaced with "How'd you do this?" (Grant)
It wasn't clearly heard in my opinion so I put the latter as a variation in HIGH SCORE and put "You got it yes yes!!!" (the kids) for when you accomplish smart missile.
INVALID
Found and replaced many more callouts. You'd be surprised how many callouts are in this mode alone (see previous notes for the multiple I've already replaced).
Added movie lines:

"Stop the program." (Hammond)
"It's not worth taking the chance John." (Arnold)
"What a complete slob." (Arnold)
"White rabbit object, it did it all." (Arnold)
Also tried to level balance the replacement music with the callouts. Given all that's going on in the mode, you still may feel like you can't hear some callouts too well. Did the best I could.

PADDOCK ENTRY (Aka XXX STAFF IN THE PADDOCK)
Looks like I missed one stock version. Added "And he slashes at you with this" (Grant)
END THEME
Replaced the stock end theme song with "One Last Cry" by Brian McKnight (JUST KIDDING!)
OTHER
Multiple, existing callout & music replacement leveling + EQ fixes after extensive testing.
Likely even more audio changes that I failed to note here.
Enjoy guys!

And within an hour of updating, I find out that someone I'd just shared to sent their link to a friend. WTF guys? What does, “I agree to and understand all below cautions and disclaimers.” mean to you besides the text itself? This behavior makes no sense. If you are one of those people in question, please for the love of god read what you've agreed to and stop doing this. I'm halting any new shares until this person in question responds to me. Those legit folks who already have their own private link to 37TS may download this 38TS version via their existing private link.

Update 10/31: The latest person got back to me and clarified. His intentions were good, he was trying to help flash the SD for the person with the private link. If you are in need of help from a friend, please just have them reach out to me. Also as many of you know I provide tons of support to those with technical issues, free of charge. In any case, just please be communicative and follow the simple rules in place. While there are still many non-legit shares going on and people who won't respond to me, I'm glad this latest occurrence was just a misunderstanding. I will continue sharing private links to those who follow the process. Thanks everyone for your understanding.

#1131 3 years ago

Hey @timlah79. Kudos on the new update, will download tonight, I’m sure it’s fantastic!

Serious question, I realise this is a bit of a passion project for you, but at what point will you say you’re done? Have you got a list of changes you’re working through, or are just a tinkerer?

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Tim, you absolute BEAST! Super excited to put yet another updated version of your (and delt’s) awesome audio + video package into my JP Premium tomorrow! This is hands down the best mod available, bringing this game to the level it deserves. Can’t thank you enough!

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

And within an hour of updating, I find out that someone I'd just shared to sent their link to a friend. WTF guys? What does, “I agree to and understand all below cautions and disclaimers.” mean to you besides the text itself? This behavior makes no sense. If you are one of those people in question, please for the love of god read what you've agreed to and stop doing this. I'm halting any new shares until this person in question responds to me. Those legit folks who already have their own private link to 37TS may download this 38TS version via their existing private link.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but since you know who some of the shady people are, you should have an email list of all your donors ready to go. Just change the name of the file by one character somewhere, delete the shady people, and resend an email. That'll send a hearty F-U to the people who are dicks.

#1134 3 years ago

Just in time for our Big Lebowski Halloween party. Can’t wait to show off Tim’s work. If only folks knew what it was originally like.

#1135 3 years ago

Ok, so I’m getting a JP this week and have been following this thread but didn’t want to bother anyone until I had one coming.

It by looks fantastic but I’m curious what and why no new links are going out? I’m trying to catch up but 23 pages on my phone is rough.

Thanks for a TLDR if possible

#1136 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Just in time for our Big Lebowski Halloween party. Can’t wait to show off Tim’s work. If only folks knew what it was originally like.

A Big Lebowski Halloween party is exactly what I need in my life lol.

Sounds awesome!

#1137 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Take video! I'd love to see the footage of your party. Hope you guys have a great night!

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Ok, so I’m getting a JP this week and have been following this thread but didn’t want to bother anyone until I had one coming.
It by looks fantastic but I’m curious what and why no new links are going out? I’m trying to catch up but 23 pages on my phone is rough.
Thanks for a TLDR if possible

Pinball Browser has specific requirements (licensing) around sharing of code, so links cannot be generically shared - timlah79 has just released the latest version https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/23#post-5938888 and if you want to use his code you need to PM him and he'll provide a unique link for you to download it

#1139 3 years ago

Many PM’s asking to buy my recently acquired JP Prem. With the last code and now this one this Pin isn’t leaving. Tim & Delt you guys rock.

#1140 3 years ago

Thanks again Tim! Will let you know what I think! Im sure is another great polish/improvement

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Many PM’s asking to buy my recently acquired JP Prem. With the last code and now this one this Pin isn’t leaving. Tim & Delt you guys rock.

I had a few asking to buy my LE and one guy said he doesnt need the topper. AHHH NO!!.

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I love hearing stuff like this! If anyone else has been influenced to keep their JP, buy a JP or upgrade their JP model with these customizations being a deciding factor, please send me a note/short story or post about it here. Any positive feedback like this should be shared! Oh and criticisms too .

#1143 3 years ago

Since I have been waiting so long to get my JP Premium, of course new pins have been released in the 4 months, and when Infinity Quest was released i started to wonder if i made the right choice. But following this thread has cemented for me that I made the right choice to stay with JP and your custom code.

Quoted from timlah79:

I love hearing stuff like this! If anyone else has been influenced to keep their JP, buy a JP or upgrade their JP model with these customizations being a deciding factor, please send me a note/short story or post about it here. Any positive feedback like this should be shared! Oh and criticisms too .

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

No question that your custom mix played a big part in me wanting to upgrade to a JP Premium (and maybe also the dino eating balls just a little ). Stern should be thanking you for making a good game great!

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Hey timlah79. Kudos on the new update, will download tonight, I’m sure it’s fantastic!
Serious question, I realise this is a bit of a passion project for you, but at what point will you say you’re done? Have you got a list of changes you’re working through, or are just a tinkerer?

That's been a burning question in my own mind for a while now. I want to say that audio-wise I'm done. There are some iconic movie lines that I still want to add but they are too long in duration to fit anywhere appropriately.

Here are some fun stats (based on 38TS_D31):

Firstly, there are 3852 sounds in the game code (this includes callouts, music, and SFX) yet only an EXTREMELY small fraction of the callouts portion of this number are actually triggered by the game (what fraction? I have no idea). I listened to and cataloged all of them from the get go regardless (took about a month to get through all not to mention testing to find out if xxx callout played).

CALLOUTS
------------
667 individual callout script locations/sound files have been replaced. This doesn't mean there are 667 individual callouts replaced because...

• There are 5 stock actors in the game.
  • For each callout, each actor has their own "turn" to say that line (for most, not all callouts). The game then chooses the actor at random for each given callout. What this means is I have one per actor option to put in a unique movie line instead.
  • For each actor's "turn" there are anywhere from 2-8 "takes" of their line. The method to ensure the movie line for a given actor's variation always played for that actor's stock callout in question was to replace all "takes" of that actor's line with the same movie line. Hopefully that makes sense? i.e. for the 6 takes of stock actor Hammond saying "Welcome to Jurassic Park" I replaced all 6 "takes" of his stock actor saying that with the same movie line of real Hammond, "Welcome to Jurassic Park." That way I know the stock actor's voice will never get triggered for this.
  • For any given callout this doesn't mean the game actually plays that particular actor. For example, stock "T-Rex Multiballll!" is actually triggered by the game for only 3/5 stock actors -- Muldoon, Hammond, and Arnold -- Ellie and Grant have sound locations for this script but the game doesn't trigger them. So what this equates to is that I get 3 different movie line options to put here instead of the stock actor(s) saying "T-Rex Multiballll!"
  • Some of these 667 I've replaced are never actually triggered by the game. For instance some of you old-skoolers may be aware of a general change when 1.01 hit -- The overall amount of callouts triggered were reduced. What sucked about this is it meant a lot of my work went to waste in later versions, but it is what it is and I've spent time identifying those that no longer play and moved those lines to other appropriate areas through trial and error.

So what does this mean in actual number of unique callout replacements you'll hear?

• I can't give you an exact calculation based on the info above since like I said a) some lines have 2 "takes" some have 8 or somewhere in between. I cover all bases by replacing all "takes" with the same movie line, just in case the game decides to play a different "take" and b) some are simply never triggered, they were just recorded assets with the intention of being used, but never ended up being used. I don't know what that number is but don't fret. It's minimal aka very little of my additions have gone to waste.
  • So on the low end, a) negating that some of the callouts aren't actually triggered, b) assuming that each of the 5 stock actors has their "turn" for each callout (which is the case for nearly every callout), and c) assuming that each actor has 8 "takes": We're talking 667 / 8 takes per callout per actor = 83 unique callouts you'll hear.
  • On the high end, assuming the same a & b, but c) assuming that each actor has 2 "takes": We're talking 667 / 2 takes per callout per actor = 336 unique callouts you'll hear.
  • Neither of the above is a realistic calculation, so taking the median of the two, 83 and 336: We're talking a more realistic expectation of 210 unique callouts you'll hear.
  • Side Note/Pro Tip: To hear more variety in callouts, load up 4 players.

I just kind of made these numbers up with simple math that I think works, but you may have a better way of calculating besides using the median. Anyway, up to 210 unique callouts maybe more, maybe less are movie lines is pretty good right?

Also, there are stock callouts that are directional and therefore shouldn't be replaced. I've gotten a lot of feedback thanks to all of you and so far been able to make the majority of folks happy with my decisions on what to leave as is and what to replace. I'm always open to suggestions though! (Wait did I just say I'm not done!?!? )

MUSIC
-------

Firstly, I take little to no credit for this work. Someone who prefers to remain anonymous was the mastermind behind all music replacement creation and editing. I simply provided feedback, then sweetened and incorporated them into the game.

There are 40 different music files in the game. 20 aka half of them have been replaced with recordings of live, orchestrated compositions. Thankfully, a lot of the stock music in the game is from the JP movie soundtrack. Those needed to stay. We decided to only make replacements where we mutually agreed that they added benefit.

VIDEOS
--------
I don't have a definitive number, but there are around 330 videos in the game. I cannot be certain but I do think nearly all are triggered. .

Between Delt and I, we've replaced 106 of them. Not to mention a lot of the stock animations are fantastic! So it doesn't make sense to replace them all. We focused on the key ones aka ones either you are likely going to look at the screen for or those where the stock animation and the movie had a parity clip. Others replaced were purely creative decisions.

Some of these are "stills" or shorter versions of the same stock video location BTW, decided upon by the game itself at any given time. We just made sure we had covered all bases for a given animation we wanted to replace with a movie clip. So I would say the number of "unique" video clips you'll see is more in the lower 90s/80s range.

So with all of this said, is it time for me/us to stop!? I'm starting to think so LOL.

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

That's been a burning question in my own mind for a while now. I want to say that audio-wise I'm done. There are some iconic movie lines that I still want to add but they are too long in duration to fit anywhere appropriately.
Here are some fun stats (based on 38TS_D31):
Firstly, there are 3852 sounds in the game code (this includes callouts, music, and SFX) yet only an EXTREMELY small fraction of the callouts portion of this number are actually triggered by the game (what fraction? I have no idea). I listened to and cataloged all of them from the get go regardless (took about a month to get through all not to mention testing to find out if xxx callout played).
CALLOUTS
------------
667 individual callout script locations/sound files have been replaced. This doesn't mean there are 667 individual callouts replaced because...

There are 5 stock actors in the game.
For each callout, each actor has their own "turn" to say that line (for most, not all callouts). The game then chooses the actor at random for each given callout. What this means is I have one per actor option to put in a unique movie line instead.
For each actor's "turn" there are anywhere from 2-8 "takes" of their line. I replace all "takes" with the same movie line.
For any given callout this doesn't mean the game actually plays that particular actor. For example, stock "T-Rex Multiballll!" is actually triggered by the game for only 3/5 stock actors -- Muldoon, Hammond, and Arnold -- Ellie and Grant have sound locations for this script but the game doesn't trigger them. So what this equates to is Tim gets 3 different movie line options to put here instead of the stock actor(s) saying "T-Rex Multiballll!".
Some of these 667 I've replaced are never actually triggered by the game. For instance some of you old-skoolers may be aware of a general change when 1.01 hit -- The overall amount of callouts triggered were reduced. What sucked about this is it meant a lot of my work went to waste in later versions, but it is what it is and I've spent time identifying those that no longer play and moved those lines to other appropriate areas through trial and error.
Side Note/Pro Tip: To hear more variety, load up 4 players.

So what does this mean in actual number of unique callout replacements you'll hear?

I can't give you an exact calculation based on the info above since like I said a) some lines have 2 "takes" some have 8 or somewhere in between. I cover all bases by replacing all "takes" with the same movie line, just in case the game decides to play a different "take" and b) some are simply never triggered, they were just recorded assets with the intention of being used, but never ended up being used. I don't know what that number is but don't fret, it's minimal.
So on the low end, a) negating that some of the callouts aren't actually triggered, b) assuming that each of the 5 stock actors has their "turn" for each callout (which is the case for nearly every callout), and c) assuming that each actor has 8 "takes": We're talking 667 / 8 takes per callout per actor = 83 unique callouts you'll hear.
On the high end, assuming the same a & b, but c) assuming that each actor has 2 "takes": We're talking 667 / 2 takes per callout per actor = 336 unique callouts you'll hear.
Neither of the above is a realistic calculation, so taking the median of the two, 83 and 336: We're talking a more realistic expectation of 210 unique callouts you'll hear.

I just kind of made this all up with simple math, but you may have a better way of calculating besides using the median. Anyway, up to 210 unique callouts maybe more, maybe less are movie lines is pretty good right?
Also, there are stock callouts that are directional and therefore shouldn't be replaced. I've gotten a lot of feedback thanks to all of you and so far been able to make the majority of folks happy with my decisions on what to leave as is and what to replace. I'm always open to suggestions though! (Wait did I just say I'm not done!?!? )
MUSIC
-------
Firstly, I take little to no credit for this work. Someone who prefers to remain anonymous was the mastermind behind all music replacement creation and editing. I simply provided feedback, then sweetened and incorporated them into the game.
There are 40 different music files in the game. 20 aka half of them have been replaced with recordings of live, orchestrated compositions. Thankfully, a lot of the stock music in the game is from the JP movie soundtrack. Those needed to stay. We decided to only make replacements where we mutually agreed that they added benefit.
VIDEOS
--------
I don't have a definitive number, but there are around 330 videos in the game. I cannot be certain but I do think nearly all are triggered. .
Between Delt and I, we've replaced 106 of them. Not to mention a lot of the stock animations are fantastic! So it doesn't make sense to replace them all. We focused on the key ones aka ones either you are likely going to look at the screen for or those where the stock animation and the movie had a parity clip. Others replaced were purely creative decisions.
Some of these are "stills" or shorter versions of the same stock video location BTW, decided upon by the game itself at any given time. We just made sure we had covered all bases for a given animation we wanted to replace with a movie clip. So I would say the number of "unique" video clips you'll see is more in the lower 90s/80s range.
So with all of this said, is it time for me/us to stop!? I'm starting to think so LOL.

I love you Man!!! Please stop and enjoy it and other things.

Where do I send the bottle of Bourbon? If you watch the show Yellowstone, I have the perfect gift...wait you have no time for TV....I will save it till we meet at TPF one day. HA

Thanks again.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1147 3 years ago

Can you downgrade back to Ver 1.02 after you have upgraded to 1.03???

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from stork:

I don’t think it’s been tested.

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from stork:

You should be able to do a full install of 1.02 over the top of 1.03 but ultimately the best thing to do is have two SD cards, one for the custom code, and one for the official Stern releases. This way you can switch between the two just by turning off the game and switching SD cards. It also means that you can update both versions independently retaining the latest version of each.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from stork:

Quoted from fridgejam:

You should be able to do a full install of 1.02 over the top of 1.03 but ultimately the best thing to do is have two SD cards, one for the custom code, and one for the official Stern releases. This way you can switch between the two just by turning off the game and switching SD cards. It also means that you can update both versions independently retaining the latest version of each.

1000% ^^^

I have not and am not going flash and throw a stock 1.03 SD into my machine, but it's never been an issue in the past to go from a newer to later version in the past. There are legit troubleshooting reasons why a tech may need to temporarily downgrade a machine to diagnose an issue. I would be shocked if Stern took away that ability in 1.03. Just flash my 1.02 to a different SD. Swapping those now 2 SDs you have back and forth *with your coin door closed* should simply take you to 1.02 or 1.03 and back if that makes sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/23?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.