D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 37.
#1051 3 years ago

People are jerks. I have been following this thread with joy after ordering a premium, and like Jarbyjibbo I am still waiting for it to arrive (3+ months now for me). And before I even get my pin, we could lose this valuable resource. Sorry you have to deal with this Tim. I hope someone can come up with a way that allows this work to continue. Is there such a thing as a 1 time download, or would this be too much work to implement?

Quoted from timlah79:

As I stated in my quoted post, if I get one more instance of this I'm stopping sharing altogether. If you are one of the people above and you PM or email me back, I will delete this post. You all have 24 hours for me to be able to.
If none of these people respond by tomorrow, I will have no other choice but to disable all links and no more updates will come to anyone. I'm serious about this. People sharing outside of the manner I've been allowed to could land me into a lawsuit. Thanks in advance to everyone for understanding. I look forward to good news.

#1052 3 years ago

Well, I would say we are quickly running out of time. I would go one step further than Tim and suggest even if not you, but you recognize any of the addresses he posted then it’s time for you to speak up. There are obviously two problems here: 1) those who are attempting to gain access outside of the defined process, and 2) even worse, those who are sharing the information outside of the manner they agreed to.

#1053 3 years ago

I can’t speak more highly of the work you’re doing. You’ve literally transformed what was already an incredible pin, into what it truly deserved to be.

I like to think KME has secretly added this code to his JP

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I can’t speak more highly of the work you’re doing. You’ve literally transformed what was already an incredible pin, into what it truly deserved to be.
I like to think KME has secretly added this code to his JP

Funny you mention that. I would love to see if he tried our updated code. You know he wanted those video assets in there!

Tim - did he request a link from you ; )

#1055 3 years ago

Man, what a crime if this project got derailed because of some utter stupidity on the part of a few. The movie clips add so much to the game, it really takes an already great game to the next level.

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Perhaps it's time to call people out? These are the latest addresses who have requested access by way of accessing a link not shared to them. None of which have responded when I replied, simply asking them to let me know who they are on pinside. (suffixes removed for privacy purposes)
beachfrontcondo314
laurenwebber
somsonvirginie
haris.hsdistribution
If you are one of these people, please either reply to my email or send me a pinside PM to clarify who you are. If you are legit, you should have replied to me within at least a few days after I cordially asked.
The first one in the above list came in today. I responded right after ("Can you please let me know which pinsider you are or which email of yours I shared this with? Your link is specific to the address I shared it to so you need to be logged in under that other address."). Silence after an hour now...
As I stated in my quoted post, if I get one more instance of this I'm stopping sharing altogether. If you are one of the people above and you PM or email me back, I will delete this post. You all have 24 hours for me to be able to.
If none of these people respond by tomorrow, I will have no other choice but to disable all links and no more updates will come to anyone. I'm serious about this. People sharing outside of the manner I've been allowed to could land me into a lawsuit. Thanks in advance to everyone for understanding. I look forward to good news.

For what its worth, it appears that I found city information for two of the addresses:
beachfrontcondo314 (Petra & Randy in Daytona Beach, FL)
haris.hsdistribution (London, UK)

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

For what its worth, it appears that I found city information for two of the addresses:
beachfrontcondo314 (Daytona Beach, FL)

They have a Beach Front Condo and cant donate to this ...disgusting.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

They have a Beach Front Condo and cant donate to this ...disgusting.

How do you think they got the beach front condo. I've found that the cheapest bastards are the ones with the most money. (Not always, btw...)

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

beachfrontcondo314 (Petra & Randy in Daytona Beach, FL)

Dude this is pretty Strange that you even involved yourself in this.

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

How do you think they got the beach front condo. I've found that the cheapest bastards are the ones with the most money. (Not always, btw...)

True.

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I would say we are quickly running out of time. I would go one step further than Tim and suggest even if not you, but you recognize any of the addresses he posted then it’s time for you to speak up. There are obviously two problems here: 1) those who are attempting to gain access outside of the defined process, and 2) even worse, those who are sharing the information outside of the manner they agreed to.

Still radio silence. I don't understand how these people are willing to submit a request for access but not respond when I reply to that request. My replies are not threatening in any way. I simply have let them know that the link they've obtained isn't public and to please request a private one.

Quoted from jedi42:

Is there such a thing as a 1 time download, or would this be too much work to implement?

I've looked into this but it wouldn't solve the problem. Access is already restricted to the individual address I've shared to. My concern is that someone will or already has hosted this publicly or could be selling it. Aka bringing on more blocking and ruining anyone's ability to customize their own machine. Then of course getting me roped into trouble as a result.

Maybe I'm being crazy and thinking too much into this. All I know is that there is wrongdoing happening. It makes me sick. You guys have no idea how much work this has been. Months and months of work that almost went completely to waste once 1.01 came out. If 1.03 comes out and we're all blocked again I'll probably lose my marbles. I'm just trying to do something good for the community. I don't understand why all this vendetta and blocking BS is still occurring. We are all trapped at home with our thousands of dollar machines. We should be allowed to do what we want with them and share our creativity so others can enjoy as well. And people like those in question should simply take the time to read an email and follow the rules. It's not that difficult.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Funny you mention that. I would love to see if he tried our updated code. You know he wanted those video assets in there!
Tim - did he request a link from you ; )

Ha, no. I've thought about pinging him but things are too volatile at the moment.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dude this is pretty Strange that you even involved yourself in this.

Mark is just trying to help. He's actually helped quite a bit from a technical perspective through the now fixed restart issues. I'm not going after these people. They can respond to my replies or not. So far none have.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from NeedaVirus:

I would like to thanks Timlah and other contributors too, it's just AWESOOOOME ! I've played my "new" customised JP Pro all this sunday !!
Many many thanks ! What an incredible work !
Can we propose here some ideas / suggestions ?
Thanks,
Best regards

I am trying to take a break but I'm open to suggestions. I take into consideration any that are sent over. I can't please everyone but I try to make the most appropriate, albeit sometimes creative decisions when working on this.

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Having an issue extracting the zip. Tried downloading it like 4 times!
[quoted image]

Do not rely on the built-in Windows archive extractor. Install an archive utility - my two favorites are IZARC or 7-Zip. Make sure you use those as the default for the archive types (*.zip, *.lha, etc. etc.)....

#1067 3 years ago

After running the newest I wanted to say thanks about the extra ball sequence. Before I couldn’t hear what was said when the extra ball started, now I can clearly here the “We’re back in business” line!

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Do not rely on the built-in Windows archive extractor. Install an archive utility - my two favorites are IZARC or 7-Zip. Make sure you use those as the default for the archive types (*.zip, *.lha, etc. etc.)....

What I've noticed is that some people are using a browser add-on that tries to extract right then and there, upon them accessing the link, into their google drive folder instead of allowing them to download the .zip and take the extraction off-line.

I'm curious why you don't recommend the built-in Windows extractor for .zip files though? It's what I always use and as long as it is a .zip I've never had issues. It's others like .rar that seem to need Z-Zip or other 3rd party tools.

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

After running the newest I wanted to say thanks about the extra ball sequence. Before I couldn’t hear what was said when the extra ball started, now I can clearly here the “We’re back in business” line!

You're welcome! The beauty of this swap out is also that I was able to fit "I think..." + "we're back in business" as opposed to where it was before where I could only fit the latter part of her line.

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

What I've noticed is that some people are using a browser add-on that tries to extract right then and there, upon them accessing the link, into their google drive folder instead of allowing them to download the .zip and take the extraction off-line.
I'm curious why you don't recommend the built-in Windows extractor for .zip files though? It's what I always use and as long as it is a .zip I've never had issues. It's others like .rar that seem to need Z-Zip or other 3rd party tools.

I've found that the extractor tool/library written into Windows Explorer is not reliable especially when it comes to multi-part archives, some archive types or
large archives.

RAR written archives are another good example, and I do realize it's an extra step but it's a necessary one in my travels.

I generally dislike any add-ins and prefer to use standardized extensions or tools written by Microsoft whenever applicable. But archival tools are one exception.

#1071 3 years ago

I've been out of the loop on this whole thing since the sound mod... Didn't even know the video existed....

I am blown away. Playing tonight with about 15 or 16 Miller Lites under my belt.... Well, all I can say is thank you, Tim. God damn amazing. With Keith's layout and rule framework.. and your polish.. this damn game just went into my top 5. Amazing. What a wonderful experience.

#1072 3 years ago

This is one of the best mods I was HAPPY to make a donation towards.
I don’t even have my JP Premium yet and I’m so happy looking at all the awesome updates and hard work here.

Thanks so much to you guys for the work on this!
Labor of love here for sure... can’t wait to install it!

(Please don’t get discouraged by the idiots on here... the vast majority of people have your back!)

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

This is one of the best mods I was HAPPY to make a donation towards.
I don’t even have my JP Premium yet and I’m so happy looking at all the awesome updates and hard work here.
Thanks so much to you guys for the work on this!
Labor of love here for sure... can’t wait to install it!
(Please don’t get discouraged by the idiots on here... the vast majority of people have your back!)

Hell 2 the " Yeah"

#1074 3 years ago

Tim,
I just have to say amazing work. This must have been many many hours of work for the pinball community to enjoy. Many thanks brother!

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Tim,
I just have to say amazing work. This must have been many many hours of work for the pinball community to enjoy. Many thanks brother!

If we get to meet Tim at TPF, all drinks are paid for...We can all handle that.

#1076 3 years ago

If we get to meet Tim at TPF...

...in 2022.

#1077 3 years ago

I hope we can do it next year....larger space....dont cram the machines next to each other....could work....more rooms so not so jammed.

#1078 3 years ago

I hope we can do it next year....larger space....dont cram the machines next to each other....could work....more rooms so not so jammed.

From your lips to God's ears. Just mandate masks, gloves wouldn't be a bad idea, and have a vat of Purell for people to do a swan dive into (even charging more for the tickets to cover this stuff wouldn't bother folks, I don't think)...and I think it might be doable. (As long as there aren't indoor limits on people.) Just worried about later in the day when people get drunk and act like assholes. That's the high risk time, I think.

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

From your lips to God's ears. Just mandate masks, gloves wouldn't be a bad idea, and have a vat of Purell for people to do a swan dive into (even charging more for the tickets to cover this stuff wouldn't bother folks, I don't think)...and I think it might be doable. (As long as there aren't indoor limits on people.) Just worried about later in the day when people get drunk and act like assholes. That's the high risk time, I think.

Who drinks at a pinball show??

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No alcohol served....drink in your room. lol

#1081 3 years ago

If we get to meet Tim at TPF, all drinks are paid for...We can all handle that.

Although I have only met anyone virtually over email back and forths or during troubleshooting circumstances via screen share & phone calls, each communication has been a pleasure. It's allowed me to meet all walks of pin-life and learn if that makes sense. I'm elated that the work accomplished is in one way or another creating happiness and also allowing me to connect with people I wouldn't have without it. I've never been to TPF nor any pinball show but maybe I could perform there once that day comes? Regardless, I would love to meet each and every one of you in person someday. Thank you all for your dedication to this pin-obsession and for all the kind words sent. This community is amazing.

"I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest.."

#1082 3 years ago

Small bug to report on latest 37 code.
Tilted my game on a 3 player game as player 1 with 241 mil points.
The tilt screen froze as did the game for like 10 to 20 seconds. Thought we were going to have to reboot but the game finally kicked out a ball and started player 2.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The tilt screen froze as did the game for like 10 to 20 seconds. Thought we were going to have to reboot but the game finally kicked out a ball and started player 2.

That has probably nothing to do with the audio/video mods from Tim. I am guessing you tilted hard. Tilt bob probably hit a few times after the initial tilt and the timer reset. The game has a built-in delay after the last tilt bob contact so that the next player won't tilt(or get warnings) from the 'after-shock'.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Although I have only met anyone virtually over email back and forths or during troubleshooting circumstances via screen share & phone calls, each communication has been a pleasure. It's allowed me to meet all walks of pin-life and learn if that makes sense. I'm elated that the work accomplished is in one way or another creating happiness and also allowing me to connect with people I wouldn't have without it. I've never been to TPF nor any pinball show but maybe I could perform there once that day comes? Regardless, I would love to meet each and every one of you in person someday. Thank you all for your dedication to this pin-obsession and for all the kind words sent. This community is amazing.
"I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest.."

Love your music Tim! You rock!!

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That has probably nothing to do with the audio/video mods from Tim. I am guessing you tilted hard. Tilt bob probably hit a few times after the initial tilt and the timer reset. The game has a built-in delay after the last tilt bob contact so that the next player won't tilt(or get warnings) from the 'after-shock'.

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah I'm not certain this is related to our updates but it could be. I have yet to reproduce this issue (tried a lot). See if you can get it to happen with stock 1.02.

#1087 3 years ago

The obsession continues... A couple people have mentioned that the last clip in the bonus end screen is a little distracting/abrupt. Does this look any better to you guys? I'm open to suggestions! Keep in mind that this sequence is 4 video locations not just one long video. I have to carefully time and string all together, then hope the machine plays them in the intended timing/sync with the music.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The obsession continues... A couple people have mentioned that the last clip in the bonus end screen is a little distracting/abrupt. Does this look any better to you guys? I'm open to suggestions! Keep in mind that this sequence is 4 video locations not just one long video. I have to carefully time and string all together, then hope the machine plays them in the intended timing/sync with the music.

That's an improvement IMO.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I like it...

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I like it, I love how the door sequences all play together.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I also like it!

#1092 3 years ago

I agree with the others - I think it's an improvement.

Random question: why does "God dammit, I hate this hacker crap" cut out for the dammit? Is that because of sensitivity over the phrase or an artifact of cleaning up the audio (i.e. maybe removing background noise)? Just curious.

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I dig it Tim, GG. Definitely prefer that to the last section of the previous EOB sequence.

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I agree with the others - I think it's an improvement.
Random question: why does "God dammit, I hate this hacker crap" cut out for the dammit? Is that because of sensitivity over the phrase or an artifact of cleaning up the audio (i.e. maybe removing background noise)? Just curious.

It's b/c of a combination of needed noise reduction + compression + the fact that "ah ah ah" is playing loudly right when he says "damnit". Remember, I'm working from a boom mic 1993 audio track, so things aren't as isolated as they would be if the movie was produced today. I just took a look/listen and while I could "fix" that it could compromise the entire long script, making it sound worse, so I'm going to leave it alone if that's ok. I hear "damnit" on my machine albeit that its a little less punchy than you're used to when watching the movie scene itself.

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Love it!!

#1096 3 years ago

Is the quote "Ian freeze" in the new mix at all? I have no clue why, but I loved that on the DE JP for the ball save.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I think the end sequence is perfect the way it is.
I see the how the new version is less abrupt but I like the view of the gate as they pass under it.

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Is the quote "Ian freeze" in the new mix at all? I have no clue why, but I loved that on the DE JP for the ball save.

Yes it plays during T-REX Encounter while traversing through that mode instead of "We need to keep the T-Rex's attention." I can incorporate it into ball saved but I'd have to give up a different, already replaced movie line in order to add it.

#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

While I like seeing the cars driving through the gates, I think your new one is better

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yes it plays during T-REX Encounter while traversing through that mode instead of "We need to keep the T-Rex's attention." I can incorporate it into ball saved but I'd have to give up a different, already replaced movie line in order to add it.

The ball save is perfect just as it is!! Thanks for the info!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.