D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.
#901 3 years ago

Tim, I received the same POS knob you did so it's great to hear they are replacing it with the proper one. Who are you dealing with at Stern?

#902 3 years ago

Just installed it on my pro and we were extremely happy with your work, thx to all involved and we encountered zero problems!

FB_IMG_1602379954278 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1602379954278 (resized).jpg
#903 3 years ago
Quoted from Sith_Lord:

Just installed it on my pro and we were extremely happy with your work, thx to all involved and we encountered zero problems!
[quoted image]

PRICELESS! Spared no expense on that look of shock and awe. Well played, sir.

#904 3 years ago

Its work on pro v1.02.0 ? Thanks

#905 3 years ago

Waiting on amazon to deliver my Scan Disk SD card for my Pro. Can’t wait! Here’s my shooter rod.

18C94494-4CFC-4DB4-8608-4E31C8D8C1B7 (resized).jpeg18C94494-4CFC-4DB4-8608-4E31C8D8C1B7 (resized).jpeg
#906 3 years ago

Pro user here with new video code!

Anyone notice the "Geoffrey, raise the gate" clip after the raptor lock seems to take forever? Sound byte plays, then we watch a long clip of the raptor pen gate slowly moving up.

Raptor lock wait seems much longer than stock code.

#907 3 years ago

Salut Timlah79,

Après installation de la version jurassic_park_le-1_02_36TS_D31_ORIG_END, je n'ai vu aucun redémarrage contrairement aux autres versions.
Merci énormément pour votre superbe travail.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from ePIc:

Anyone notice the "Geoffrey, raise the gate" clip after the raptor lock seems to take forever? Sound byte plays, then we watch a long clip of the raptor pen gate slowly moving up.

Was just about to post the exact same thing.
Can’t remember on the stock code if you can skip this animation, but on Tim’s/Delt’s you definitely can’t.
Other than that, it’s great! No crashes at all and the videos take it to another level.

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from ePIc:

Quoted from Stags6969:

Was just about to post the exact same thing.
Can’t remember on the stock code if you can skip this animation, but on Tim’s/Delt’s you definitely can’t.
Other than that, it’s great! No crashes at all and the videos take it to another level.

Can you guys send me or post a video of this happening? When you lock, the "geoffrey, raise the gate" clip should play nearly exactly in time with the custom movie audio clip. (you might notice "geoffrey" is slightly off but that's expected currently, "raise the gate" should be in sync). Watching a longer clip of the raptor pen slowly moving up and not sync'd with anything is also expected. A video speaks a million words, so please capture what you're seeing/hearing. For PREM/LE 35TS and PREM/LE 36TS this all looks and sounds synced, ok with me. Not sure if the PRO has a different timing method. Both models' code leverage the same video and audio clips.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Waiting on amazon to deliver my Scan Disk SD card for my Pro. Can’t wait! Here’s my shooter rod.
[quoted image]

There's some glare going on in that photo but it looks like yours at least has legs? Did you just receive this? I'm still waiting for Stern to send me a replacement that is supposedly coming out of their latest run.

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Can you guys send me or post a video of this happening? When you lock, the "geoffrey, raise the gate" clip should play nearly exactly in time with the custom movie audio clip. (you might notice "geoffrey" is slightly off but that's expected currently, "raise the gate" should be in sync). Watching a longer clip of the raptor pen slowly moving up and not sync'd with anything is also expected. A video speaks a million words, so please capture what you're seeing/hearing. For PREM/LE 35TS and PREM/LE 36TS this all looks and sounds synced, ok with me. Not sure if the PRO has a different timing method. Both models' code leverage the same video and audio clips.

Can’t get anything until tomorrow Tim.
What we are saying is the clip appears a lot longer than stock footage. No sync issues, just length of clip. As you said, you see a long slow raise of the gate. Any idea if the new footage is longer than the stock footage?

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

There's some glare going on in that photo but it looks like yours at least has legs? Did you just receive this? I'm still waiting for Stern to send me a replacement that is supposedly coming out of their latest run.

No, I received it at launch. Yes, I’m happy with it. Not the best, but ok with it.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Can’t get anything until tomorrow Tim.
What we are saying is the clip appears a lot longer than stock footage. No sync issues, just length of clip. As you said, you see a long slow raise of the gate. Any idea if the new footage is longer than the stock footage?

No need to send a video. Yes, the custom video is longer than the stock. I had not looked into the length difference in this one in particular. Is it a problem? If so, I'll address it in a later version.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

No need to send a video. Yes, the custom video is longer than the stock. I had not looked into the length difference in this one in particular. Is it a problem? If so, I'll address it in a later version.

It's not terrible but it's definitely noticeable. The last few days I've been working on getting farther into Raptor Triball and it does seem very long.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Here is mine that I got at the end of august.

20200824_222632 (resized).jpg20200824_222632 (resized).jpg
#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

It's not terrible but it's definitely noticeable. The last few days I've been working on getting farther into Raptor Triball and it does seem very long.

But it's not affecting gameplay itself i.e. delaying the next ball getting plunged, correct? It shouldn't. It could be and if it is, I'll definitely fix it.

#917 3 years ago

Installed Prem/LE 36TS today. No reset issues so far. Hit the T. rex maybe 15 times?

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

[quoted image]

Now that's a winner - if they were all like that they'd be great

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Manny65:

Now that's a winner - if they were all like that they'd be great

Apparently the first run was a completely different/better manufacturer. I can't find a good pic/post from what I had seen before but I preoredered mine in Aug 2019 (last year) and didn't get mine until a year later, from the most terrible run ever. At least your guys' has legs. Themodfather makes a fantastic one but I'm looking to Stern to send me a replacement. Which they plan to do as soon as the next run is ready sometime in the next week or so I'm told. Stern has fantastic support!

Also, digressing a bit too much for the purpose of this thread, LOL. Keep posting good/bad news about in-game restarts with PREM/LE 36TS and PRO 35TS! I've only heard good news thus far!

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

But it's not affecting gameplay itself i.e. delaying the next ball getting plunged, correct? It shouldn't. It could be and if it is, I'll definitely fix it.

Nope, not affecting gameplay negatively at all.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Updated a PRO today. Balena Etcher did not work on Mac (game kept restarting) but using the Terminal commands did. No restart on the one TRex multiball I got. The few quick games I played, looked AWESOME and still sound great!
Thanks timlah79 and delt31 !!!

Any chance you could list the steps involved in order to load this version onto an SD card using terminal on a mac rather than Balena Etcher?

#923 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Any chance you could list the steps involved in order to load this version onto an SD card using terminal on a mac rather than Balena Etcher?

I followed these steps.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/mac.md

#924 3 years ago

I got to play sithlords PRO. I put about 8 games on it.

I literally had goosebumps.

This makes me want to sell/trade my williams indy.

Amazing work. One word. "Deadpool"

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

I got to play sithlords PRO. I put about 8 games on it.
I literally had goosebumps.
This makes me want to sell/trade my williams indy.
Amazing work. One word. "Deadpool"

One word “Iron Maiden” concert footage....lol

#926 3 years ago

Request for the callouts:
In Sterns original code, when a Dino was about to “eat” an employee there would be a callout “An employee is in danger!” Which would warn you to either make the shot where the Dino was about to eat the employee to to hit the lockdown bar button if it was lit to automatically slow the Dino. I’m not sure what replaced this callout, but the old one was very useful for advancing toward a “Perfect Paddock” by avoiding a lost employee.
What was this callout replaced with? Would it be possible to replace the original callout?
BTW: Amazing work. This is the best audio/video upgrade ever done for a pinball machine. Keep up the good work!

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

In Sterns original code, when a Dino was about to “eat” an employee there would be a callout “An employee is in danger!” Which would warn you to either make the shot where the Dino was about to eat the employee to to hit the lockdown bar button if it was lit to automatically slow the Dino. I’m not sure what replaced this callout, but the old one was very useful for advancing toward a “Perfect Paddock” by avoiding a lost employee.
What was this callout replaced with? Would it be possible to replace the original callout?
BTW: Amazing work. This is the best audio/video upgrade ever done for a pinball machine. Keep up the good work!

“When the captain says we gotta go, we gotta go.”
“We’re being hunted.”
“They should all be destroyed.”
“Let’s get this moveable feast underway.”

Just some thoughts.

#928 3 years ago

I'm running the 35ts version on a premium. Has anyone else encountered strange behavior of the autolauncher automatically launching the ball immediately upon the start of a new ball. I have seen this a couple times and the behavior goes away once you start a new game. Wasn't sure if this is a bug in stern's code or somehow a bug caused by the code modifications.

#929 3 years ago

Been so busy with other (real life) nonsense I've been away from this thread for ages. Pro owner here. What's the current state of play with the video/sound code? Is it solid and not crashing etc? I'm sorely tempted to buy an SD card and see if I can't get it installed. I take it once I've flashed an SD card I can swap back and forth between Stern's code and the updated movie code? Is the install difficult for a technophobe like myself? Thanks so much for the ridiculous amount of work that must have gone into this btw.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Been so busy with other (real life) nonsense I've been away from this thread for ages. Pro owner here. What's the current state of play with the video/sound code? Is it solid and not crashing etc? I'm sorely tempted to buy an SD card and see if I can't get it installed. I take it once I've flashed an SD card I can swap back and forth between Stern's code and the updated movie code? Is the install difficult for a technophobe like myself? Thanks so much for the ridiculous amount of work that must have gone into this btw.

I’m Almost ready to install on my Pro. Yes you can swap back. From what I understand. I just got a SD card yesterday and downloaded The 7G on my computer.Now to win32 flash to it...work, work, work....when I have time...haha

#931 3 years ago

if our game has been working fine on 34TS, would there be any reason to update to 36TS, granted, I haven't put a "ton" of games on it since then, maybe 20 or so?

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I found this video of the code on a pro with the raptor lock:

youtu.be / BCNM-DSO6XA?t=251

4:11 - 4:26 and I also can confirm I can't skip the raptor lock during Geoffrey raising the gate.

#933 3 years ago

Ok stuck here...

3DF643C1-C861-4C51-A4F2-F0CB1462748E (resized).jpeg3DF643C1-C861-4C51-A4F2-F0CB1462748E (resized).jpeg
#934 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

if our game has been working fine on 34TS, would there be any reason to update to 36TS, granted, I haven't put a "ton" of games on it since then, maybe 20 or so?

If you haven't had restart issues on your PREM/LE, no no need to upgrade. 35TS and 36TS were my attempts to fix this. Otherwise all video and audio assets are as current as they were with 34TS. 36TS seems to have resolved this for any PREM/LE owners. If you get a MB restart, PM me and I'll send you a private 36TS link.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Ok stuck here...
[quoted image]

Click the write button

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

You have an old PRO link Huggers please PM me for a new one. The current state for PRO especially is: all is well. And yes you will need to obtain a new SD card, they are not expensive. Pick up a few of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E
If you have restarts or issues, you just swap back in the working SD your machine is already using. I will send you specific instructions.

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Click the write button

Unselectible

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Ok stuck here...
[quoted image]

Your Write button is greyed out. You must not have chosen the correct drive location of your SD. Select the dropdown under Device and choose the drive letter that has the SD card mounted which apparently for you is not D:\ .It may be G:\ or some other drive depending on how many external drives you have. You can figure out which one is your SD card via your File Explorer.

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from ePIc:

I found this video of the code on a pro with the raptor lock:

youtu.be / BCNM-DSO6XA?t=251
4:11 - 4:26 and I also can confirm I can't skip the raptor lock during Geoffrey raising the gate.

Sorry I'm still confused as to how this is an issue. Are you just annoyed that you can't skip the video?

#940 3 years ago

D: is the SD card .

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#941 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There are multiple different stock callouts that would play here. I replaced them since I figured one would be looking at the green blinking arrow to see if it was set to a rescue orange aka what you're talking about.

These are the movie replacement variations to listen for if you are reliant on callouts to let you know you need to hit those shots. I used my own creativity here but I can change them in a later version. I won't be bringing the stock actor lines back, sorry.

Grant - "Thing is, you are alive when they start to eat you"
Timmy - "Look how much blood"
Grant/Malcolm - "We're out of a job. Don't you mean extinct"
Malcolm - "If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat tourists"
Muldoon - "I think this was Gennaro..."
Unknown - "Somebody help him! (screams of unknown actor)"

Quoted from Powerhouse47:

“When the captain says we gotta go, we gotta go.”
“We’re being hunted.”
“They should all be destroyed.”
“Let’s get this moveable feast underway.”
Just some thoughts.

Good ideas! The first two movie lines you mentioned I've already put into raptor MB/cage sequences though. The last one I have not used.

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

D: is the SD card .
[quoted image]

Is the D:\ SD card mounted aka visible in your File Explorer showing the size of the SD? If so, close Win32 and right click it and run as Administrator. If this doesn't help, make sure the tiny grey slider is all the way down on the SD when you're holding the card with the pins of it pointed down. If neither of this helps, PM me and I'll get on a screenshare with you.

#943 3 years ago

Sorry i relized that after, try the plastic slider

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You have an old PRO link huggers please PM me for a new one. The current state for PRO especially is: all is well. And yes you will need to obtain a new SD card, they are not expensive. Pick up a few of these: amazon.com link »
If you have restarts or issues, you just swap back in the working SD your machine is already using. I will send you specific instructions.

Thanks Tim. I'll shoot you a PM after work today

#945 3 years ago

Very cool!

#946 3 years ago

Just found out about this, this morning watching the DontPanicFlip twitch channel. Absolutely amazing work! Makes me want to buy a machine just for your passion. Which I'll probably do....

#947 3 years ago

Finally got to get this on my machine. Great, even better than the previous version. T-rex is now perfect. I reached visitor centre for the first time. So good. Did not find any issues. I used the 36 version on a LE with win32disk manager on 16GB Sandisk SD card. Mutliple T-rex events.

#948 3 years ago

For those of you who have set this up on your pin but haven't donated, I'm going to say DO IT.

Incredible work, really opened up my JP Pro. This is the way it should have shipped.

#949 3 years ago

I’m sure this question has been answered. But once you have put the new code on a new SD card, do you just turn the pin off and replace sterns SD card with the new SD card and then just turn game back on?

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I’m sure this question has been answered. But once you have put the new code on a new SD card, do you just turn the pin off and replace sterns SD card with the new SD card and then just turn game back on?

Theres a post that explains the whole process including how to save settings

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/19?hl=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.