D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 37.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Started messing with end ball / bonus video options the other day. It's a commonly looked at sequence that I feel needs some love. Just when I told myself I'd stick to audio only.. Gah!
LMK what you guys think. This short end ball video consists of 3 in game videos that I had to meticulously time together with 5 movie clips.

That looks good!

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Started messing with end ball / bonus video options the other day. It's a commonly looked at sequence that I feel needs some love. Just when I told myself I'd stick to audio only.. Gah!
LMK what you guys think. This short end ball video consists of 3 in game videos that I had to meticulously time together with 5 movie clips.

Tim that looks great!

#803 3 years ago

I just installed the latest version and it worked really well! Nice job!

I did notice at one point there were 2 audio stream going on at the sametime. It sounded like 2 tracks of background musics being played at the same time. Is this something that anyone has experienced? Thanks.

#804 3 years ago

Sorry for the late notice but a sneak peak of what's soon to be released for PREM/LE is being streamed on twitch in about 30 min from now (4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern 9/30). Tune in and support Owlnonymous ' channel if you see this! I'll be answering questions in real time.

This time around not only will you hear custom music and lines from the movie that I've implemented, but you'll also see a bunch of new movie video assets delt31 and I have added. Tune in if you can!
https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#805 3 years ago

just looked at your twitch streaming. really great !!!! awesome job !!
i do have the last version ( ? ) running but it seems that there are some new videos added in this streaming.
does it mean you are going to release a new version ?

btw , it crashed only once since i implemented it and i played dozens of games, so not a big deal.

#806 3 years ago

The new version looks awesome and final. End sequence is nice. And also see there is no more delay on T-REX mutliball. Looking forward to this version.
Tons of video footage looks great.

#807 3 years ago

I'm going to hold off until the bugs get squashed, but so looking forward to installing this!

#808 3 years ago

Lemme get that new code!!!

#809 3 years ago

Hi all! I think I know the answer, but just be be sure...

As a soon-to-be Pro owner... am I right in thinking it's unlikely this new audio package will ever be available for that model?

Be great to know, just so I can manage my expectations with what I understand are pretty terrible standard callouts, etc, on the Pro/Prem/LE. Thanks!

#810 3 years ago

Please version for jp pro

#811 3 years ago

oh I had no idea this wasn't available for the Pro

#812 3 years ago

PSA: PREM/LE NEW Video + Audio Assets Version 34TS_D31 is now available!

What's changed VIDEO wise since 30TS/31TS_D31?
Multiple, stock videos have been swapped for applicable movie clips.
delt31 has added many more videos. I've contributed quite a few myself, but the majority of new additions are all his. My video changes are noted below.

What's changed AUDIO wise since 30TS/31TS_D31?
Not a lot. Some callouts have changed to match videos. While I do have some nitpicky audio adjustments I still want to make, the videos were the focus.

How do I access this new 34TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to 30TS_D31 or 31TS_D31, you simply need to access the private link you already have and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 34TS in the name aka is:

jurassic_park_le-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
OR
jurassic_park_le-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END_(30TS_PREV).zip

These are both the same resulting .RAW file once extracted.

If your link does not result in one of those filenames, PM me for a new private link.

What if I don't have a link to either or if my link downloads a different version?
Please PM me, timlah79 and I will share a new private link with you.

Is this available for PRO?
Not yet. This version will only work for PREM/LE owners. Supporting PRO is on my to do list and it is a priority. However, I will need to spend quite a bit more time to support a PRO version. I'm sorry that it's not available yet. I have an audio assets only version for PRO owners (29TS). Reach out to me if you don't already have that.

Have the game restart issues been fixed?
No. I have spent a ton of time trying to figure this out. Most people should not have this issue occur. What I will say is that if it has to do with the length or other attributes of imported videos, I've manually corrected them in this version (for any video's *I've* added). I have only had one restart during t-rex MB in a previous video edited version during countless versions and plays. No issues with this one for me so far.

Also with that said, the recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD have not changed. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work. This precaution and all others are all outlined in the email responses I've sent you guys.

RELEASE NOTES/CHANGE LOG:

I can only tell you what *I* have changed. The below is that list. In no way does this encompass the many new video additions Delt31 has added. The below are simply my contributions. If you have specific questions about video changes other than what I've noted below, please post them in his thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips

NEW INTRO / START GAME SEQUENCE
Edited the fly in clip to create a more similar to the stock animation where the copter is landing. "Welcome to Jurassic Park" still remains timed exactly to my Hammond audio replacement.

NEW OUTRO / END BALL BONUS
Meticulously cut and timed multiple appropriate movie clips to create a bonus sequence true to what is expected but using movie assets instead of stock animations.

DNA BONUS
Replaced both with two, separate key moment from the Mr. DNA scene in the movie, providing variety and color.

AMBER BONUS & AMBER AWARDS IN GENERAL
Leveraged the movie's Mr. DNA scene of the mosquito sucking from the brachiosaur's back as well as the close up shot of Juanito admiring the amber (aka the "que lindo eres" movie scene).

EXTRA BALL
When an extra ball is earned you'll see a nearly identical to the stock animation which zooms into the outdoor toilet then the ball gets grabbed by the T-Rex. Instead, now I matched the timing of the exact movie scene of Genarro getting eaten by the T-REX then transitioned the end to the EXTRA BALL stock text and animation.

RESCUE FAIL (The stock dilophosaurus spitting stock animations)
Instead of the two possibile stock animations for these, you'll instead see carfeully timed (to the sound FX) clips of a) when Nedry first gets spit on then b) right after he gets spit on a second time and hits his head on the jeep door frame.

BALL SAVE
Instead of the anklyosaur kicking the ball, I've put in when Timmy get's electrocuted, flys off the fence and is caught by Grant.

NEDRY DRAIN
Given that the stock animation that plays here regardless of the callout, I've replaced this with the one and only movie scene where the same "you didn't say the magic word" animation is shown on the computer screen and Arnold leans toward it.
(I know one pinsider suggested using the dilophosaurus spitting here but I found a more matching place for that as I mentioned above)

CONTROL ROOM ENTER
Now when you enter the control room, you'll see the scene from the movie that Stern intended to mimic here.

VIRUS ATTACK START
Meticulously created a matching duration movie scene of when Nedry looks at Hammond and clicks 'Execute' to inject the virus.

T-REX MULTIBALL (MB READY)
One of the issues of the previous version was that the T-REX MB ready video was far too long. The stock video shows the goat being ready do be eaten. Therefore I replaced it with a movie clip of the same duration, goat, and gate motion.

RAPTOR TRIBALL
6 new movie swaps leveraging the opening scene of the movie.

T-REX CHASE START
Fixed video timing for when "must go faster" plays to match Malcolm saying that line (when it plays, the other variation that plays is "gotta get outta here now, now, right now").

TILT WARNING AND TILT
Warning is now the T-REX pushing the explorer and still the "danger" overlay is there.
Tilt itself is later in that scene when she rolls the explorer over entirely.

Added over 4 years ago:

PSA: For PREM/LE owners who have been having restarts during T-Rex MB (10/10/2020)

I've created a new version 36TS_D31 by starting from an issue-free, audio assets only version, using the macro video import method I used for the successful (thus far) port to PRO.

I have tested this locally on my LE and have not had any odd restarts or other issues. If you already have a private link to PREM/LE 34TS_D31 or 35TS_D31 please *re-download* this version from *your existing link* and ensure that the resulting filename is: jurassic_park_le-1_02_36TS_D31_ORIG_END.ZIP

If you do not have a link or yours downloads an older version, please PM me.

After installing and playing a few games, please:

• Post the results in this forum, *noting your model* PREM/LE and *method used to flash the SD*
  • If you've seen any issues. If so, add detailed specifics about them (when it happened, what happened, etc.)
  • How many games you've played with this 36TS version and especially how many times you've been in T-Rex MB
#813 3 years ago

Amazing Work! Thank you to everyone involved. Like a new pin!!!

#814 3 years ago

Dude. You both are Fu$&ing awesome. Thanks!

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dude. You both are Fu$&ing awesome. Thanks!

Just downloaded mine. Will install tomorrow.

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

oh I had no idea this wasn't available for the Pro

A fully customized audio assets only PRO version which is nearly in parity with the audio implemented in the latest PREM/LE video + audio assets version is a thing. PM me.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Hi all! I think I know the answer, but just be be sure...
As a soon-to-be Pro owner... am I right in thinking it's unlikely this new audio package will ever be available for that model?
Be great to know, just so I can manage my expectations with what I understand are pretty terrible standard callouts, etc, on the Pro/Prem/LE. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5881794

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PSA: PREM/LE NEW Video + Audio Assets Version 34TS_D31 is now available!
What's changed VIDEO wise since 30TS/31TS_D31?
Multiple, stock videos have been swapped for applicable movie clips.
delt31 has added many more videos. I've contributed quite a few myself, but the majority of new additions are all his. My video changes are noted below.
What's changed AUDIO wise since 30TS/31TS_D31?
Not a lot. Some callouts have changed to match videos. While I do have some nitpicky audio adjustments I still want to make, the videos were the focus.
How do I access this new 34TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to 30TS_D31 or 31TS_D31, you simply need to access the private link you already have and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 34TS in the name aka is:
jurassic_park_le-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip
OR
jurassic_park_le-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END_(30TS_PREV).zip
These are both the same resulting .RAW file once extracted.
If your link does not result in one of those filenames, PM me for a new private link.
What if I don't have a link to either or if my link downloads a different version?
Is this available for PRO?
Not yet. This version will only work for PREM/LE owners. Supporting PRO is on my to do list and it is a priority. However, I will need to spend quite a bit more time to support a PRO version. I'm sorry that it's not available yet. I have an audio assets only version for PRO owners (29TS). Reach out to me if you don't already have that.
No. I have spent a ton of time trying to figure this out. Most people should not have this issue occur. What I will say is that if it has to do with the length or other attributes of imported videos, I've manually corrected them in this version (for any video's *I've* added). I have only had one restart during t-rex MB in a previous video edited version during countless versions and plays. No issues with this one for me so far.
Also with that said, the recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD have not changed. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work. This precaution and all others are all outlined in the email responses I've sent you guys.
RELEASE NOTES/CHANGE LOG:
I can only tell you what *I* have changed. The below is that list. In no way does this encompass the many new video additions Delt31 has added. The below are simply my contributions. If you have specific questions about video changes other than what I've noted below, please post them in his thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips
NEW INTRO / START GAME SEQUENCE
Edited the fly in clip to create a more similar to the stock animation where the copter is landing. "Welcome to Jurassic Park" still remains timed exactly to my Hammond audio replacement.
NEW OUTRO / END BALL BONUS
Meticulously cut and timed multiple appropriate movie clips to create a bonus sequence true to what is expected but using movie assets instead of stock animations.
DNA BONUS
Replaced both with two, separate key moment from the Mr. DNA scene in the movie, providing variety and color.
AMBER BONUS & AMBER AWARDS IN GENERAL
Leveraged the movie's Mr. DNA scene of the mosquito sucking from the brachiosaur's back as well as the close up shot of Juanito admiring the amber (aka the "que lindo eres" movie scene).
EXTRA BALL
When an extra ball is earned you'll see a nearly identical to the stock animation which zooms into the outdoor toilet then the ball gets grabbed by the T-Rex. Instead, now I matched the timing of the exact movie scene of Genarro getting eaten by the T-REX then transitioned the end to the EXTRA BALL stock text and animation.
RESCUE FAIL (The stock dilophosaurus spitting stock animations)
Instead of the two possibile stock animations for these, you'll instead see carfeully timed (to the sound FX) clips of a) when Nedry first gets spit on then b) right after he gets spit on a second time and hits his head on the jeep door frame.
BALL SAVE
Instead of the anklyosaur kicking the ball, I've put in when Timmy get's electrocuted, flys off the fence and is caught by Grant.
NEDRY DRAIN
Given that the stock animation that plays here regardless of the callout, I've replaced this with the one and only movie scene where the same "you didn't say the magic word" animation is shown on the computer screen and Arnold leans toward it.
(I know one pinsider suggested using the dilophosaurus spitting here but I found a more matching place for that as I mentioned above)
CONTROL ROOM ENTER
Now when you enter the control room, you'll see the scene from the movie that Stern intended to mimic here.
VIRUS ATTACK START
Meticulously created a matching duration movie scene of when Nedry looks at Hammond and clicks 'Execute' to inject the virus.
T-REX MULTIBALL (MB READY)
One of the issues of the previous version was that the T-REX MB ready video was far too long. The stock video shows the goat being ready do be eaten. Therefore I replaced it with a movie clip of the same duration, goat, and gate motion.
RAPTOR TRIBALL
6 new movie swaps leveraging the opening scene of the movie.
T-REX CHASE START
Fixed video timing for when "must go faster" plays to match Malcolm saying that line (when it plays, the other variation that plays is "gotta get outta here now, now, right now").
TILT WARNING AND TILT
Warning is now the T-REX pushing the explorer and still the "danger" overlay is there.
Tilt itself is later in that scene when she rolls the explorer over entirely.

Just played a few quick games on the new code and loving it. I've spotted a few of the upgrades and all are improvements. I think the T-Rex "chomp chomp" is even spot on now. You guys have done some impressive work here!
For those on the fence waiting for more tweaks I see no reason to wait anymore. I have been using the recommended SD card and have never had any issues (premium model).
Thanks again Tim & Delt31!

#819 3 years ago

All these new clips that you added and that we hav seen in the streaming are awesome.
will download the latest version.
and i advertised the french community through a forum
thanks again to both of you for your hard work.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Just played a few quick games on the new code and loving it. I've spotted a few of the upgrades and all are improvements. I think the T-Rex "chomp chomp" is even spot on now. You guys have done some impressive work here!
For those on the fence waiting for more tweaks I see no reason to wait anymore. I have been using the recommended SD card and have never had any issues (premium model).
Thanks again Tim & Delt31!

Speaking of recommended SD cards. I know it needs to be a class 10, which pretty much everything is these days. What is the recommendation on the size?

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Speaking of recommended SD cards. I know it needs to be a class 10, which pretty much everything is these days. What is the recommendation on the size?

8GB

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have been using the SanDisc Ultra 16gb that Tim linked to in post #756 but I could have missed an update to that info. It's been solid for me so far.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

#823 3 years ago

Installed and played a few games with no issue. Great work!

#824 3 years ago

New update is awesome! Lots of new video clips and sound quotes. thanks guys!

#825 3 years ago

Great update, no issues, really makes a huge difference over stock a/v

#826 3 years ago

Can’t wait to get off work and get the new update installed. This game keeps getting better

#827 3 years ago

I apogize ahead of time as I am really new to pinball. If I were to try this audio/video upgrade, and for some reason didn't like..can I easily just go back to the original? Thanks!!

#828 3 years ago

Can someone help me out here? What am I doing wrong. It's the same card I used for the old custom code. Came with my game. I didn't do it.

So I stick it in my PC and format it. Then I used Win32 disc imager and I get this error....any ideas?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#829 3 years ago

Tried a new SD card and had no problems. Disregard.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone help me out here? What am I doing wrong. It's the same card I used for the old custom code. Came with my game. I didn't do it.
So I stick it in my PC and format it. Then I used Win32 disc imager and I get this error....any ideas?
[quoted image]

You might have the lock tab engaged

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

I apogize ahead of time as I am really new to pinball. If I were to try this audio/video upgrade, and for some reason didn't like..can I easily just go back to the original? Thanks!!

Yes, the way this works is you get a new SD card and flash the custom code to that. Then if you want to go back you just plop your stock SD card back in instead. PM me if you have other questions and/or would like a private download link.

#832 3 years ago

Keep up the good work. Mods are the mojo that will keep the pinball industry vibrant. Hopefully Stern and others realize this, and write their code to make modding easier.

#833 3 years ago

Had my first TRex mb reset on the newest version. Thought I would post the scenario incase it helps troubleshooting.

4 player game.

Player 1 on ball 2. Nothing else had been started. Froze when the first shot in the MB hit the control room and I believe the other ball drained simultaneously while the ball saver was on.

#834 3 years ago

Unbelievable job guys. Just jumped my Premium from last audio only version to newest A/V version and it's fantastic. The few games I played completely sucked since I spent so much time watching the screen, but I'll adapt.

Upgrading with SD card and maintaining settings via USB worked flawlessly with the latest walkthroughs.

#835 3 years ago

Awesome stuff Tim, perfect timing right in the midst of a long weekend here, I'm downloading now

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Sorry for the late notice but a sneak peak of what's soon to be released for PREM/LE is being streamed on twitch in about 30 min from now (4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern 9/30). Tune in and support owlnonymous ' channel if you see this! I'll be answering questions in real time.
This time around not only will you hear custom music and lines from the movie that I've implemented, but you'll also see a bunch of new movie video assets delt31 and I have added. Tune in if you can!
https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Here's Owlnonymous ' stream from 9/30/20. It comprises all of the latest video and audio changes for version 34TS_D31. I was there (as timstilesmusic) answering a lot of questions if you want to check it out: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756919517

Change notes for 34TS_D31 are in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5881635

#838 3 years ago

*PRO* OWNERS BETA TESTERS NEEDED!:
I just spent all day figuring out how to and have successfully imported all of the latest LE version 34TS_D31 *VIDEO* assets to a new PRO version.
I need PRO owners to help me by testing this. Please PM me ASAP if you can help.

Added over 4 years ago:

Testers are no longer needed. PRO version 34TS_D31 has been released! See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17#post-5892183

#839 3 years ago

Spoiler... the Pro code is looking and sounding great. I'll steam it this WED at 7PM EDT.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I just spent all day figuring out how to and have successfully imported all of the latest LE version 34TS_D31 *VIDEO* assets to a new PRO version.
I need PRO owners to help me by testing this. Please PM me ASAP if you can help.

As someone who has a pro on order, THANK YOU!!!!

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Spoiler... the Pro code is looking and sounding great. I'll steam it this WED at 7PM EDT.

Yessssssssss

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

So far, thankfully it looks like I just about nailed it. I've had 5 PRO owners come back with success on all fronts. No restarts or anything of the sort. All videos in their expected spots. I thought I had to tweak to sync the audio of "Joffrey, raise the gate" with the movie clip but it's fine just like the PREM/LE version. That movie clip naturally only starts showing Muldoon's mouth moving at "...ffry, raise..". Just look the scene up online if you're curious. Thanks to all the PRO beta testers for the assist! I'll probably have an official version for you PRO guys come tomorrow or Wed.

#843 3 years ago

Awesome! Super excited for the Pro version. Thank you!

#844 3 years ago

I'm running the latest code on the Premium, it's brilliant. Not had any crashes on either of the last 2 versions, and have now put plenty of hours on, so anyone waiting to give this a go, I'd do it. Well done to timlah79 great, great job

#845 3 years ago

So excited

#846 3 years ago

PSA: PRO Owners - NEW Video + Audio Assets PRO Version 34TS_D31 is now available!

I spent a couple of days creating a PRO 34TS_D31 version, in parity with the latest PREM/LE 34TS_D31 I announced on 10/2/2020. It's been tested successfully and is ready to share. Please see this post for specific changes. Again, the video updates noted there are only what I have contributed. All the rest of the ~30+ video's swapped with movie clips have been delt31 . I simply spent the time to get them all imported to PRO.

One audio change that will be clear for those used to 29TS for both this PRO and that PREM/LE version is that "Shoot her!" has been moved to the final raptor cage hit (as a variation among other custom callouts that can play during that hit). T-Rex MB ready now plays either "Heh, who's hungry?" or "Get rid of the flare!". Other than that, not much has changed audio-wise since 29TS (which this new version is based upon). I will say that videos where applicable have been meticulously sync'd up with any given custom audio callout.

How do I access this new PRO 34TS_D31 version?
If you already have a private link to PRO 29TS, you simply need to access the private link you already have and download again. Make sure the resulting file has 34TS_D31 in the name aka is:

jurassic_park_pro-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END.zip

OR

jurassic_park_pro-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END_BETA_SHARE.zip (<-- this is only applicable to the handful of beta testers)

These are both the same named, same, resulting .RAW file once extracted: jurassic_park_pro-1_02_34TS_D31_ORIG_END.raw

If your link does not result in one of those .ZIP filenames, PM me for a new private link.

This is the first time I've created a PRO version with video assets. 5 beta testers have tested this PRO version without a single restart. Time will tell.

Do I need to be aware of any differences in flashing this new PRO 34TS_D31 version to SD vs. what I have done in the past for PRO 29TS?
Yes. The recommendations for which tool to use to flash the SD are the same as they are with the PREM/LE version. Most importantly Balena Etcher via PC will not work.

Since none of the PRO 29TS owners have seen the "special" install instructions specific to this (and any) video edited version, I've pasted them here:

INSTALLING:

You will need to...

a) Have an extra SD card on hand (*DO NOT* overwrite your existing/stock SD card in your machine!)

b) Unzip / extract the .RAW file from the .ZIP file before flashing

c) Know how to flash the .RAW file to an SD card using an SD card reader and *Win32DiskImager* software (PC). Instructions and these required tools are outlined on Stern’s website here: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

- PC USERS: Stern recommends Balena Etcher but for some unknown reason this video customized version only works when using *Win32DiskImager* (for PC): https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
- When browsing for the .RAW file, change the dropdown to search all files (*.*) since this program looks for .IMG files by default.

- MAC USERS: Unfortunately Win32DiskImager is only supported for Windows/PC. If you only have a Mac, you’re stuck using Balena Etcher. It has worked for many but not all Mac users. Please reply in this forum if you have issues.

d) KEEP YOUR COIN DOOR CLOSED when booting up the machine with your new SD card. Otherwise you may get a node board not found error.

e) IMPORTANT:Run through the post-installation audio setting adjustments. Settings to check post install are below -- especially the Ohms settings must be changed to 8 Ohms.

Will I lose my existing scores and settings?
Yes, your settings and scores will be wiped. You can back them up from your current SD beforehand via USB, then load them back into your PRO 34TS_D31 SD by following these instructions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/10#post-5782782

AFTER Installing:
- Change any game related settings back that you had edited before installation.
- Check your audio settings. Sometimes installing new code will change your BACKBOX SPEAKER setting to 4 Ohms. This should be set to 8 Ohms. Verify and adjust this via UTILS -> VOLUME -> BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE -> 8 Ohms.
*TURN THE VOLUME DOWN FIRST* to around 12 or less since flipping this will boost the volume.
- If you use outboard audio equipment (i.e. using a PinSUB mod to output audio to external speakers), I recommend you disable the preset EQ. By default it is set to High/Low Shelf. Go to UTILS -> VOLUME -> You should see High/Low Shelf -> Change this to None.
- Play with turning the JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH on/off to hear other opening paddock callout variations vs. the long scripts that play when it’s on. More about that in my post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/5#post-5698006

#847 3 years ago

timlah79 , Awesome! I look forward to trying out the Pro version later this week. I just downloaded it. BTW, I have a folder for each of my games. The sub folders are factory, and "Nedry."

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

PSA: Friendly PRO owners reminder: Owlnonymous is streaming the latest PRO 34TS_D31 version with video + audio assets today 10/7/2020 at 3PM PDT / 6PM EDT! I'll be there answering questions in the chat (as timstilesmusic): https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#849 3 years ago

Trying to flash the pro version. Every time I try I end up with three drives on the SD card. One is labeled "Boot Stern" that contains 2 files:stern-spike2.dtb (47 kb) & zlmage (5,805 kb no extension). I also end up with (2) additional letter drives w/0 bytes. Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what I am doing wrong? I have tried this with both win32 disk manager & balenaEtcher.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

Trying to flash the pro version. Every time I try I end up with three drives on the SD card. One is labeled "Boot Stern" that contains 2 files:stern-spike2.dtb (47 kb) & zlmage (5,805 kb no extension). I also end up with (2) additional letter drives w/0 bytes. Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what I am doing wrong? I have tried this with both win32 disk manager & balenaEtcher.

Yes, this happens to me everytime.. I just ignore it. Have you tried putting the SD card into the machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/17?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.