D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 37.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Are you going to implement this as a public download?

Gorgar666 Absolutely not. I will lose my Pinball Browser license and be unable to make more improvements ever again if I do that.
Why do you ask?
Please PM me if you would like to implement my audio work on your machine.

#552 3 years ago

PRO TESTERS NEEDED (AGAIN)!

Hey all you PRO owners. I am on the verge of releasing an updated version for all models, but I need maybe 3 or 4 PRO owners to test that the sounds have been imported correctly to PRO since I can't verify locally. Note that being able to requires that you need to understand/know how to update via the .RAW / SD Card method, NOT the .SPK / USB method.

Please reach out to me via pinside mail if you're able to help!

#553 3 years ago

Tim,
I’ve been running this on my premium and wow!! Your work really pulls you into the movie theme! Amazing work my friend!!!

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PRO TESTERS NEEDED (AGAIN)!
Hey all you PRO owners. I am on the verge of releasing an updated version for all models, but I need maybe 3 or 4 PRO owners to test that the sounds have been imported correctly to PRO since I can't verify locally. Note that being able to requires that you need to understand/know how to update via the .RAW / SD Card method, NOT the .SPK / USB method.
Please reach out to me via pinside mail if you're able to help!

Found even more bugs in PB when creating this latest PRO version. Sounds are not mapping as expected for PRO. I won't give up but I'm getting quite sick of these hurdles. I'll keep you guys posted...

#555 3 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work, really feels more like the movie without most of the bad call outs lol!

#556 3 years ago

Some advice for those who encounter dramas with Etcher like I have on 2 separate really good PC's and in past attempts to use it to burn RAW files. Win32DiskImager works a treat and is also totally straightforward to use. Worked first go for me as compared to several attempts with Etcher and Rufus.

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Some advice for those who encounter dramas with Etcher like I have on 2 separate really good PC's and in past attempts to use it to burn RAW files. Win32DiskImager works a treat and is also totally straightforward to use. Worked first go for me as compared to several attempts with Etcher and Rufus.

Yea I didn’t have good luck with etcher. Pretty sure it toasted a 16gb card I ordered. Had to order another one.

#558 3 years ago

I exclusively use Win32DiskImager and it's never let me down. I highly suggest it as an alternative.

#559 3 years ago

Just a further FYI. After roasting the first 16 GB card from Amazon using the software Stern recommends, this time I used win32diskimager and it was successful.

#560 3 years ago

VERSION 29TS UPDATES

After 80 or more hours of work over the past couple of months, I have new 29TS versions ready. See my followup reply to this for additional details.

The following is what I have accomplished since the last version you guys have. In no way is this a comprehensive list of improvements. We're talking probably 20 more callout replacements I've done that I haven't listed below. I'm just noting the ones I can easily describe/are important to note for the next version I will share with you soon.

What I've changed per Pinsiders' Requests:
NOTE: Please reach out if I haven't addressed your concerns in any of these.

JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH (Changed one of the many alternates that already play if this setting is ON and you enter your first paddock)
Replaced Grant/Hammond "Mr. Hammond! Upon careful consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park..."
With Hammond/Arnold "Dennis, our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers? ... I can't get Jurassic Park back online without Dennis Nedry."

I then put Grant "I've decided not to endorse your park" where it was originally intended during Visitor Center

T-REX CHASE Start
Used to only play a very bad sounding line of Malcolm "I'm fairly alarmed here."
Now plays what people expect, Malcolm "Must go faster" OR "Gotta get out of here, now, now right now!"

What I couldn't change per Pinsiders' Requests:
T-REX Multiball/Other modes ready to shoot the T-Rex (aka Shoot The T-Rex):
Nothing's changed. While I know some wanted "Shooot heeer!" put into the raptor cage/MB area and for me to put something else here instead, nothing that I tried worked out. I feel like this still works, hearing "Shooot heeer!" or "Heh, who's hungry."
I have ensured that "Clever Girl" will play once you initiate Raptor Triball.

Custom Music Distortion at the end of the 1st part of T-Rex Multiball?:
This turned out to be an issue with the original music file sent to me, I'm awaiting a cleaner version. However, only 2 people have noticed this. It only gets distorted if you've been in MB for quite a while once the heavy drums play. I will have to revisit at a later time.

My own new creative decisions and improvements:

VIRUS ATTACK Initiated/Selected:
Only one option available here. I had Hammond "[Smack] Damn!" but realized it wasn't appropriate. Therefore, it's now Muldoon "We're going to have to cut the tour short I'm afraid"
Hammond "[Smack] Damn!" now plays in a more appropriate place during INVALID mode.

SMART MISSILE Replacements
Smart missile countdown started: "(Item) 151 on todays glitch list"

3-2-1: This is actually 3 separate sounds so I had to be creative. Replaced with "You didn't" - "Say the magic" - "Word" (I REALLY hope you guys are ok with this b/c it was an incredible amount of work and testing to get it to sound as good as possible)

NOTE:I had to make some sacrifices here given the limitations. When/if stock Ray Arnold does a full countdown in a given mode/hurry up, you will hear "Five-four-you didn't-say the magic-word." This shouldn't happen often since usually other countdowns from other stock actors play instead. Or you will hear the real Ellie Sattler replacements I did "Ok here I go-Four-Three-Two-One". I will try to "fix" this in a later release. I hope it's not too bothersome.

Missile away: "Hold onto your butts" (the only time this currently plays is randomly at control room entry and there are 2 times Arnold says it in the movie. So I replaced this with his other version of saying the line)

Smart missile missed:
Two new alternates -- "No, no, no that's crazy" and "C'MON!"
Direct hit: Grant "How'd you do this?" (and one other option I can't remember at the moment LOL)

INVALID
Replaced many various stock lines, including replacements such as:
Grant "I hate computers"
Nedry "What are you trying to look like, a secret agent?"
Hammond "I really hate that man"
Sattler "How many lines of code are there?"

... and many more as there are tons of stock callouts in this mode

HURRY UPs (i.e. stock You're running out of time or time is running out)
Grant "C'mon Tim hurry up"
Muldoon "Get off the stick, bloody move!"
Arnold "Drop what you're doing and leave now"
Malcolm "Go, go go, let's go, hey!"
Hammond "Push, c'mon then"
Nedry "You gotta give me the 15 min, gimme the 15 min"

MAP COMPLETE
Switched some replacements up for more iconic lines like Hammond "Spared no expense"

CHAOS MULTIBALL Start
Have a few already replaced lines in here but found one missing, replaced with Malcom "Non-linear equations, strange attractors"

RAPTORS IN THE KITCHEN Start:
Security is still down, we have no way to contain the raptors!: Grant/Sattler "Just the two raptors, right? Yes unless they learned how to open doors."

SPINOSAURUS PADDOCK ENTRY
JP-3 Movie: "What is that? It's a tyrannosaur. No, it sounds bigger"
JP-3 Movie: "What's a bad idea!? (Spinosaurus roar)"

This concludes all Paddock Entry replacements, you'll never hear a stock actor again during any paddock start/entry.

OTHER RANDOM NON-DIRECTIONAL LINE REPLACEMENTS
They've got more potent help for us:
Hammond "Yahooo! (other actors laughing)"
Malcolm "Life will not be contained"

They're preparing to send you something a bit more powerful: Hammond "I don't blame people for their mistakes but I do ask that they pay for them"

We've requested additional help from InGen: Hammond, "Hold on, this can be a bit thrilling"

Get to safety (during T-Rex Encounter): Grant "Get the kids!"

Rescue them quickly (one variation that I missed prior, there are already other movie variations that play): Now plays Timmy "Look how much blood..."

Ball added: Hammond "There you aaaare"

Save the park employees: Muldoon "They should all be destroyed"

A job well done: Hammond "Our scientists have done things which nobody's ever done before"

GENERAL AUDIO IMPROVEMENTS
Bumped all applicable callouts
Adjusted volume of certain music replacements
What this means is that you shouldn't have to mess with "attenuation" settings as much as before

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

After 50-80 more hours of work over the past month or so, I am almost ready to share an updated version for all model owners.
I wanted to share the upcoming changes while I await a few PRO owners to test (since I own an LE). If you have any feedback, please let me know ASAP.
The following is what I have accomplished since the last version you guys have. In no way is this a comprehensive list of improvements, we're talking probably 30 more callout replacements I've done since. I am just noting the ones I can easily describe/are important to note for the next version I will share with you soon.
JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH (Changed one of the many alternates that already play if this setting is ON and you enter your first paddock)
Replaced Grant/Hammond "Mr. Hammond! Upon careful consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park..."
With Hammond/Arnold "Dennis, our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers? ... I can't get Jurassic Park back online without Dennis Nedry."
I then put Grant "I've decided not to endorse your park" where it was originally intended during Visitor Center
T-REX CHASE Start
Used to only play a very bad sounding line of Malcolm "I'm fairly alarmed here."
Now plays what people expect, Malcolm "Must go faster" OR "Gotta get out of here, now, now right now!"
Nothing's changed. While I know some wanted "Shooot heeer!" put into the raptor cage/MB area and for me to put something else here instead, nothing that I tried worked out. I feel like this still works, hearing "Shooot heeer!" or "Heh, who's hungry."
This turned out to be an issue with the original music file sent to me, I'm awaiting a cleaner version. However, only 2 people have noticed this. It only gets distorted if you've been in MB for quite a while once the heavy drums play. I will have to revisit at a later time.
Only one option available here. I had Hammond "[Smack] Damn!" but realized it wasn't appropriate. Therefore, it's now Muldoon "We're going to have to cut the tour short I'm afraid"
Hammond "[Smack] Damn!" now plays in a more appropriate place during INVALID mode.
3-2-1: This is actually 3 separate sounds so I had to be creative. Replaced with "You didn't" - "Say the magic" - "Word" (I REALLY hope you guys are ok with this b/c it was an incredible amount of work and testing to get it to sound as good as possible)
Missile away: "Hold onto your butts" (the only time this currently plays is randomly at control room entry and there are 2 times Arnold says it in the movie. So I replaced this with his other version of saying the line)
Smart missile missed:
Direct hit: Grant "How'd you do this?" (and one other option I can't remember at the moment LOL)
INVALID
Grant "I hate computers"
... and more
MAP COMPLETE
Switched some replacements up for more iconic lines like Hammond "Spared no expense"
CHAOS MULTIBALL Start
Have a few already replaced lines in here but found one missing, replaced with Malcom "Non-linear equations, strange attractors"
Security is still down, we have no way to contain the raptors!: Grant/Sattler "Just the two raptors, right? Yes unless they learned how to open doors."
This concludes all Paddock Entry replacements, you'll never hear a stock actor again during any paddock start/entry.
They're preparing to send you something a bit more powerful: Hammond "I don't blame people for their mistakes but I do ask that they pay for them"
We've requested additional help from InGen: Hammond, "Hold on, this can be a bit thrilling"
Rescue them quickly (one variation that I missed prior, there are already other movie variations that play): Now plays Timmy "Look how much blood..."
What this means is that you shouldn't have to mess with "attenuation" settings as much as before

Wow, Tim, just wow! These all sound like great replacements, and I am beyond excited to hear them in-game. The work you’re doing for this game and this community is nothing short of legendary, my friend! You might say that you have “spared no expense”

#562 3 years ago

Amazing!

#563 3 years ago

Very Very VERY interested by this too !
I've a PRO model at home,
So if I can help you to test/valid something or another...
Best regards !

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

After 80 or more hours of work over the past couple of months, I am almost ready to share an updated version for all model owners.
I wanted to share the upcoming changes while I await a few PRO owners to test (since I own an LE). If you have any feedback, please let me know ASAP.
The following is what I have accomplished since the last version you guys have. In no way is this a comprehensive list of improvements. We're talking probably 20 more callout replacements I've done that I haven't listed below. I'm just noting the ones I can easily describe/are important to note for the next version I will share with you soon.
T-REX CHASE Start
Smart missile missed:
INVALID
Grant "I hate computers"
MAP COMPLETE
CHAOS MULTIBALL Start

This sounds great! Thanks Tim! Look forward to trying this new one out!

#565 3 years ago

awesome, my new SD card just came. I'll drag my feet a little for the updated code. thanks

#566 3 years ago

Do you need to use a new card for each update?

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Do you need to use a new card for each update?

You should be able to just wipe what is on your SD card, put the new stuff on, and call it good. Don’t wipe your Stern factory card, though, or at least back up what came on it, for safety!

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

VERSION 29TS UPDATES
After 80 or more hours of work over the past couple of months, I have new 29TS versions ready. See my followup reply to this for additional details.
T-REX CHASE Start
NOTE:I had to make some sacrifices here given the limitations. When/if stock Ray Arnold does a full countdown in a given mode/hurry up, you will hear "Five-four-you didn't-say the magic-word." This shouldn't happen often since usually other countdowns from other stock actors play instead. Or you will hear the real Ellie Sattler replacements I did "Ok here I go-Four-Three-Two-One". I will try to "fix" this in a later release. I hope it's not too bothersome.
Smart missile missed:
INVALID
Grant "I hate computers"
MAP COMPLETE
CHAOS MULTIBALL Start
A job well done: Hammond "Our scientists have done things which nobody's ever done before"

PSA: NEW PREM/LE VERSIONS ARE READY FOR DOWNLOAD (Version 29TS)!

The private link(s) *you already have* should now be pointed to the latest version(s) as long as the link you have was for "jurassic_park_le-1_02_LE_RAW_26TS_FINAL_XXX"

Please re-access the link(s) and ensure that the resulting file now has 29TS i.e. "jurassic_park_le-1_02_29TS_XXX" If so, load that up.

If you don't have a link to 26TS then you are a version or more behind and will need to PM me for a new private link for 29TS.

PRO Owners: I'm still awaiting PRO testers to get back to me before your 29TS version will be available. I had a huge issue during the sound import process that I hope I fixed last night. I'll update this post once PRO versions are ready.

PM me if you have any questions/issues or need a new private link.

Please read through my quoted release notes above for what has changed or directly here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5815697

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT 8/28/20 1pm Pacific Time: NEW *PRO* VERSION IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD (Version 29TS)!

(Thank you to the few testers for helping me figure out what went wrong. I have resolved all issues and the PRO version is now in parity with the PREM/LE! For you guys who had a WIP link, I've shared a new FINAL 29TS link with you.)

For all other PRO owners: The private link *you already have* for 26TS_ORIG_END should now be pointed to the latest version as long as the link you have was for "jurassic_park_le-1_02_PRO_RAW_26TS_FINAL_ORIG_END"
Please re-access that link--NOT the "...JD_RPLCD" one which is the one with my song at the end instead of the stock theme song. I have disabled that link entirely for PRO since it's too much extra work and drive space to support 2 versions for each model. So if you get an error, you're clicking the wrong link. Reach out to me if you want the version with Jurrasick Dark at the end.

Upon successful download, ensure that the resulting file now has 29TS i.e. "jurassic_park_pro-1_02_29TS_ORIG_END" If so, load that up.

If you don't have a link to 26TS then you are a version or more behind and will need to PM me for a new private link for 29TS.

Please read through the above to learn about what I've changed in these new versions, sound-wise.

Also, for ALL model owners I have fixed what I mentioned above:

I got a new, cleaner sound file implemented. Most of you probably never noticed this unless you were in the first part of T-Rex Multiball for quite sometime (the drums distortion didn't occur until the very end of the music loop). If you are a PREM/LE owner who was annoyed by this though, you'll need to "re-download" 29TS again since I just updated it last night. Again, doubtful this is necessary just wanted to mention.

Added over 4 years ago:

In other, other news... I had one pinsider who has small children ask me to make a "family friendly" version. I've done so. If you would like that instead I have versions for both PREM/LE and PRO, so PM me. The differences in the "family friendly" versions are minor but here they are:

1) One of the variations of the long script replacement that plays during initial paddock entry (when you have the setting JP FAILURE SYSTEM SPEECH = ON):

Current (with swear words): Ray Arnold and Hammond mash-up - "You didn't say the magic word. PLEASE! Goddamnit I hate this hacker crap. Call Nedry's people. Phones are out too. Where did the vehicles stop?"
Family Friendly Replacement: Ray Arnold, Hammond, and Gennaro mash-up - "Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo and the computers aren't even on their feet yet. I'll shut you down John. (Hahaha) In 48 hours I'll be accepting your apologies."

2) One of the ball saved upon drain variations:

Current (with swear words): Ian Malcolm - "That is one big pile of shit"
Family Friendly Replacement: Hammond (during Mr. DNA movie scene) - "Oh! John, that hurt!"

3) One of the enter initials screen variations:

Current (with swear words): Ian Malcolm - "You did it. You crazy son of a bitch, you did it."
Family Friendly Replacement: Hammond - "Let's face it, in your particular field you're the top minds..."

Note that other areas where "damn" or "crap" may be played have not been changed from the stock actors or I have changed them with movie versions of the same words b/c both of those words are part of the stock sound.

Anyway, reach out to me via PM if you have a need for a version with those more "family friendly" replacements.

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PSA: NEW *PREM/LE* VERSIONS ARE READY FOR DOWNLOAD (Version 29TS)!
The private link(s) *you already have* should now be pointed to the latest version(s) as long as the link you have was for "jurassic_park_le-1_02_LE_RAW_26TS_FINAL_XXX"
Please re-access the link(s) and ensure that the resulting file now has 29TS i.e. "jurassic_park_le-1_02_29TS_XXX" If so, load that up.
If you don't have a link to 26TS then you are a version or more behind and will need to PM me for a new one.
For those with the latest PREM/LE "WIP" version(s): I'm sharing new private links with you now. These will only be the versions with the stock end theme song, not my song. If you want one with Jurassick Dark at the end instead, please PM me.
I'm still awaiting PRO testers to get back to me before those will be available. I had a huge issue during the sound import process that I hope I fixed last night. I'll update this post once PRO versions are ready.
Please read through my quoted post above for what has changed.

Awesome news......cant wait to get this baby flashed over . Your rock dude.

#570 3 years ago

Flashed it no problem with Win32DiskImager software. Took about 3 minutes to download, and another 3 minutes to write the card.
Just need to slide the card into the machine tonight...

Thanks Tim

#571 3 years ago

Got it on my game. Great changes. Sounds great!

#572 3 years ago

Awesome Tim! Cant wait to try it out!

#573 3 years ago

Can someone who accessed their existing 26TS PREM/LE private link please confirm that when accessing it now (since I announced 29TS) that the file downloaded reads 29TS in the filename? Thanks!

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Can someone who accessed their existing 26TS PREM/LE private link please confirm that when accessing it now (since I announced 29TS) that the file downloaded reads 29TS in the filename? Thanks!

When i clicked on the old link in the email it said I didn't have permission.

Edit: Not logged into the right google account I think.

2nd Edit: File is updated to the new name.

#575 3 years ago

I'll be testing tonight!

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I got the correct 29 version, even though the link was originally for the earlier version

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

When i clicked on the old link in the email it said I didn't have permission.
Edit: Not logged into the right google account I think.
2nd Edit: File is updated to the new name.

Yup, if you get a prompt to request access, don't do it! You just need to log into the right account.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

I got the correct 29 version, even though the link was originally for the earlier version

Thank you Markharris2000 and DylanFan71 for confirming! Just wanted to make sure that was working as expected. I would hate for people to be basically installing the same version they had before, thinking it was new. LOL. Really appreciate your guys' help!

#578 3 years ago

Lol I literally just got the last version burnt on Monday. Sounds like a Saturday quick project . Awesome stuff Tim, you are the man! Ironically, I used the example of your audio to school some regional pinball guy I know on a local private FB group, who was going on about how he didn't rate JP, especially 'the annoying call outs'. Told him most modern Stern audio is entirely replaceable citing your example as the best of the best in that regard.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Flashed it no problem with Win32DiskImager software. Took about 3 minutes to download, and another 3 minutes to write the card.
Just need to slide the card into the machine tonight...
Thanks Tim

Do you need to format the SD card before reimagine? My balena is erroring out. Maybe I’ll try win32diskimager for the Pro 29TS

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Do you need to format the SD card before reimagine? My balena is erroring out. Maybe I’ll try win32diskimager for the Pro 29TS

I had an existing 8GB card with a bunch of old stuff on it for use in my PC. I didn't bother preparing it in any way. I just fired up the Windows32Dskimager and it wrote Tim's file without any extra steps or issues.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Added today: EDIT 8/28/20 1pm Pacific Time: NEW *PRO* VERSION IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD (Version 29TS)!
(Thank you to the few testers for helping me figure out what went wrong. I have resolved all issues and the PRO version is now in parity with the PREM/LE! For you guys who had a WIP link, I've shared a new FINAL 29TS link with you.)
For all other PRO owners: The private link *you already have* for 26TS_ORIG_END should now be pointed to the latest version as long as the link you have was for "jurassic_park_le-1_02_PRO_RAW_26TS_FINAL_ORIG_END"
Please re-access that link--NOT the "...JD_RPLCD" one which is the one with my song at the end instead of the stock theme song. I have disabled that link entirely for PRO since it's too much extra work and drive space to support 2 versions for each model. So if you get an error, you're clicking the wrong link. Reach out to me if you want the version with Jurrasick Dark at the end.
Upon successful download, ensure that the resulting file now has 29TS i.e. "jurassic_park_pro-1_02_29TS_ORIG_END" If so, load that up.
Please read through the above to learn about what I've changed in these new versions, sound-wise.
Also, for ALL model owners I have fixed what I mentioned above:
I got a new, cleaner sound file implemented. Most of you probably never noticed this unless you were in the first part of T-Rex Multiball for quite sometime (the drums distortion didn't occur until the very end of the music loop). If you are a PREM/LE owner who was annoyed by this though, you'll need to "re-download" 29TS again since I just updated it last night. Again, doubtful this is necessary just wanted to mention.

ATTENTION **PRO** OWNERS
Your latest 29TS version is ready! Please see the above quoted details or go directly to the "Added today/yesterday" section of my previous post (since pinside doesn't allow me to make edits to posts after 24 hours)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5816737

#582 3 years ago

Pro 29TS has been THOROUGHLY played over last 2 days. I haven’t heard any issues. My son has a notepad next to game. Will write down anything of note. So far, zippo.

#583 3 years ago

Tim,

Now that you are the " God"of audio clip/callouts etc etc what is your next project?

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Tim,
Now that you are the " God"of audio clip/callouts etc etc what is your next project?

Video Clips? LOL

#585 3 years ago

I would give that a YES!!!!

#586 3 years ago

Pretty sure video clips will be part of the next revision but I'm letting someone else tackle that piece. I need a break!

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Pretty sure video clips will be part of the next revision but I'm letting someone else tackle that piece. I need a break!

no breaks this is your legacy now.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Lol I literally just got the last version burnt on Monday. Sounds like a Saturday quick project . Awesome stuff Tim, you are the man! Ironically, I used the example of your audio to school some regional pinball guy I know on a local private FB group, who was going on about how he didn't rate JP, especially 'the annoying call outs'. Told him most modern Stern audio is entirely replaceable citing your example as the best of the best in that regard.

Hahah Our_Man_in_Oz ! That's hilarious. Feel free to tag my artist profile if you want. I'd love to see this discussion (and I won't chime in unnecessarily of course). https://www.facebook.com/timstilesmusic

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You really rock Tim!!!

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hahah our_man_in_oz ! That's hilarious. Feel free to tag my artist profile if you want. I'd love to see this discussion (and I won't chime in unnecessarily of course). https://www.facebook.com/timstilesmusic

I ended up doing up the new version yesterday afternoon, all of a 15 min turnaround and away we went again.

Yeah actually I'll edit that post to tag you for sure. You should chime in definitely man. I find this guy a tad over-opinionated for someone who doesn't really go to any effort to stay informed about recent pins but is in some kind of local bush pinball club/league. He comes across very much like a FB keyboard warrior than a well informed forum member.

#591 3 years ago

PSA: A NEW PREM/LE VERSION *INCLUDING TONS OF VIDEO ADDITIONS* IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD (Version 30TS_D31)!

In collaboration with pinsider, delt31 we're happy to announce yet another enhanced version (for PREM/LE ONLY). The video work was all delt, I simply edited down a few vidoes for him to time them up properly to my audio. It was worked from the latest version of my audio contributions aka from the version you currently have (29TS). Kudos to delt for all of his work to make this happen! You can check out his announcement and videos here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips

HOW TO OBTAIN THIS LATEST VERSION: To make sharing easier, the private link(s) *you already have* should now be pointed to this latest version(s) as long as the link you have was for "jurassic_park_le-1_02_29TS_ORIG_END".

Please re-access that private link and ensure that the resulting file downloaded is "jurassic_park_le-1_02_30TS_D31_FINAL0903.rar"

This time around it's a compressed/zip/rar file. You'll need to extract the .RAW from it once downloaded.

If you don't have a link to 29TS then you are a version or more behind and will need to PM me for a new private link for this latest version.

INSTALLATION:
PC Users: It's recommended to use Win32DiskImager, *not* Balena Etcher to flash this version to your new SD. Again you need to know how to do this in general. It is not a .SPK / USB based version. When using Win32DiskImager, make sure you change the drop-down upon loading the .RAW file to "All Files" since it looks for .IMG by default. Doing that, then selecting my .RAW file should flash to your SD without issue.

Mac Users: From the feedback I've gotten it seems that you *can* use Balena Etcher without issues. For PC folks, not recommended.

Both PC and Mac Users: If your game goes into a restarting game loop, that's the indication that you used the wrong flashing method.

AUDIO CHANGE NOTES: I also did some minor audio changes here.

T-Rex Multiball: Instead of "Shooot her!" you're going to hear "Get rid of the flare!" instead at times. "Heh, who's hungry?" is still a variation that will play. "Shooot her!" has been moved to a varation of Raptor Triball start. "Get rid of the flair!" used to play during T-Rex Encounter but that will now play Gennaro "Hail mary full of grace, let the lord be with me."

Lost ball drained (the scene where the stock video is the truck falling off the cliff and "aaaah" is played): Instead due to the video change here you're going to hear a mix of the screaming kids from the movie + the music that the game plays.

That should be it as far as audio changes. For any questions about video changes, please post on @delt31's announcement thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips

For any requests for access to this new version, please reach out to me via PM.

I love this new version and am super excited to have you guys load it up!

PRO Owners: Still TBD. There are a lot of manual, moving pieces here and so far we have yet to figure out the best way to get a version for you guys.

Added over 4 years ago:

UPDATE 09/13/2020: There is a new updated version for PREM/LE owners that has additional video adds, timing changes, and may/may not be better for Mac owners. If you have a link to jurassic_park_le-1_02_30TS_D31_xxx then you can simply re-download from the same link. The result will be a .ZIP file with 31TS in the filename. If the filename ends up being jurassic_park_le-1_02_31TS_D31.zip then you're good to go. However, this time you will need to unzip/extract the .RAW from that .ZIP prior to flashing to SD. Same PC user rules apply as far as needing to use Win32DiskImager, not Balena Etcher. If you are on a Mac use Balena Etcher. Please PM me if you need a new link.

#592 3 years ago

Awesome! I need to learn how to save my wife’s high scores or she won’t let me update your Sound and now jointly video code From version 1.0. Love your guys work and I love this hobby.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Awesome! I need to learn how to save my wife’s high scores or she won’t let me update your Sound and now jointly video code From version 1.0. Love your guys work and I love this hobby.

Easily done (I've done this many times and it doesn't matter what version you have installed): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/10#post-5782782

#594 3 years ago

So awesome, can't wait to see Delt31 videos! Perfect timing here, mid Saturday. I'll go and get the SD now and flash it

#595 3 years ago

I just tried updating with the new Delt version (original ending). Downloaded/extracted and wrote to the SD card successfully. When loading in the game it boots and gets to the screen with the version number and then it goes into a reboot loop. I retried the entire process again from a fresh download and the same thing happened again. I'm working on the my previous custom audio only 1.02 for now. Curious if this is isolated or if others have the same issue?

Thanks for all your hard work guys! Can't wait to get this working.

#596 3 years ago

Sorry to hear but the SD install can really by wonky. Are you using win32img? I used that and it always works.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry to hear but the SD install can really by wonky. Are you using win32img? I used that and it always works.

Thanks. I used Etcher but will give win32img a try instead and report back tomorrow.

#598 3 years ago

Hi Tim, This new file doesnt work, sends machine in to a reboot loop.

#599 3 years ago

Up and running and I absolutely love the video! Integrates so well and makes the whole presentation look so much more polished .

Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks. I used Etcher but will give win32img a try instead and report back tomorrow.

Absolutely use Win32DiskImager, Etcher is by far the most unreliable piece of image writing software I've ever used.

Quoted from Eagle14:

Hi Tim, This new file doesnt work, sends machine in to a reboot loop.

Works perfectly for me. I just did it 20 mins ago man. You should wait a tick for other feedback before you complain about the actual file having issues. Was it on an SD known to previously work -if time so, time to burn it again, preferably with Win32DiskImager.

#600 3 years ago

For this video implemented version you have to use Win32DiskImager, NOT Balena Etcher!
Win32DiskImager: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
I honestly have no idea why but it is what it is. I posted that in my INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS for this version: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5834474

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12?hl=powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.