(Topic ID: 333556)

Stern JP + DP vs AIQ

By DoctorSpeedy

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you chose?”

• JP + DP 22 votes
      85%
    • JP + AIQ 3 votes
      12%
    • Something else 1 vote
      4%

(26 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Hello, I am just getting into the hobby and have a Stern JP premium on order. I was planning on adding a second game for a 2 pin collection. I’ll be limited by space to add anything more. I played DP pro, which I enjoyed… but am wondering if AIQ would make a better pair with JP. I would be looking at the premium models for both DP or AIQ. Appreciate the input.

#2 1 year ago

Deadpool. I've had Deadpool, AIQ, and JP rotate through my basement. JP and AIQ are made by the same designer (Elwin). Deapool is made by Gomez. Deadpool appeals to the beginner to intermediate player with more to do at the beginning of the game. Jurassic Park and AIQ appeal more to the better player (especially JP) and have more to do toward the end. Deadpool is an excellent game that pairs well with JP. The DP Pro is also really good for a pro and plays a bit faster than the premium as it lacks the drop targets that slow down play.

#3 1 year ago

^^^ This 100%

#4 1 year ago

^^^ I agree as well

#5 1 year ago

^^^ Deadpool is the better machine.

Now, I LIKE AIQ, it's hard. As you play thousands of games of pinball, you appreciate games that have tough-as-nails modes for the challenge they provide. However, a dozen years from now, Deadpool will likely still be higher in the rankings of the best pinball list than AIQ.

Get Deadpool.

#6 1 year ago

My wife won't even go near AIQ after trying it a handful of times. She likes playing DP and would kill me in my sleep if I swapped it out for JP. To me JP is more challenging / more to do and maybe a bit more fun to shoot, but DP has a lot more theme character to it. Same deal with AIQ.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies blizz81 PinRetail Wmsfan-GAP Only_Pinball SantaEatsCheese
    Seems like I’ll have the most well-rounded 2 pin “collection” if I go with JP plus DP. Now just to decide on premium vs pro DP.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jp-dp-vs-aiq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.