(Topic ID: 69220)

Stern, JJP, PPS, Jpop, Heck, Spooky, SkitB, P3.....what are we gonna do?

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will you buy next year?”

• STERN 51 votes
      16%
    • JJP 87 votes
      27%
    • JPOP 31 votes
      9%
    • PPS 59 votes
      18%
    • SKITB 28 votes
      9%
    • HECK 6 votes
      2%
    • SPOOKY 17 votes
      5%
    • P3 9 votes
      3%
    • NONE 40 votes
      12%

(Multiple choice - 328 votes by 246 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

user83559_pic43860_1256399388.jpg
    MT.jpg
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

SkitB; If the final product turns out as good as the code them I am in 100%, esp at the 5k pricepont! Also happy to support dome regular guys

I am still in too!

Quoted from Whysnow:

WOOLY > not on your poll but what I am the most excited about after expo. I am in if it ever comes to production.

Oh yeah! Me too...

You should add to the list Heighway Pinball / Full Throttle. Played a prototype 2 weeks ago, it has good potential. Artwork improved from lame to acceptable.

P3: Would love to, as Neo, but above my price point. Most innovative concept.

I am in for Quetzal Nemo too.

#52 10 years ago

I'll sit back and buy all the good stuff that gets sold to fund all of these ventures.

I've had my fill of all the delays, broken promises, exorbitant prices, lack of updates, untested this and that, and of course the lack of code being delivered on time or at all. These don’t apply to all, and not at all to some...yet (we’ll see), but enough rotten apples on the trees has turned me away from new for now anyway.

I'm not in the mood anymore to pay a fortune in hopes of having a final version in 5 years. I'll just wait for others to do this, by then someone with sparkle in their eye for something new will want to sell, and if it's worth buying, I'll pick it up then, likely cheaper, all the while as I PLAY and ENJOY good machines NOW.

There is enough addiction in this hobby, I don’t need to two fold it anymore by getting caught up in the new stuff rat race

#53 10 years ago

I wish I could go back and add Heighway to the poll, it won't let me..........

And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Stern himself at expo said there will be 6 titles released over the next 18 months, guessing it includes the current Star Trek and that would be 3 next year including upcoming January announcement and 2 in the first half of 2015?

#54 10 years ago

so many 'new' pins coming to the market - will there be enough buyers? is this growth rate and pricing sustainable? time will tell....

#55 10 years ago

Won't be buying any.

#56 10 years ago

I voted JJP, I have WOZECLE ready to be shipped, I don't have Hobbit in line but I do hope I like #3 enough to preorder when it's announced

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'll sit back and buy all the good stuff that gets sold to fund all of these ventures.

I sort of see where you're coming from....

#58 10 years ago

Should be an option for " I will be buying B listers for reduced prices from those collectors looking to make room for new games"

#59 10 years ago

I am not sure I will buy any in 2014. Metallica is the only one on my short list right now, but I am waiting to buy until the code is complete. If that happens in 2014, great, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens the following year. I really don't care either way since GnR and AC/DC are keeping me well entertained until then.

I would like to see another company put out a music pin just to see what they can come up with.

I bought AC/DC this summer, and it was in my gameroom about 5 days after I ordered it. That is as long as I am willing to wait after paying. I won't be preordering any pins, nor will I be buying unfinished games. When it is complete, and I have played it enough to know I want to buy it, I will buy it; not before. I actually have space for 4 more pins right now, but I am OK with not filling that space for a while.

#60 10 years ago

I think the key thing in all of this is that we want to see a finished product, not a half done machine or a promise, and actual finished product.

#61 10 years ago

Gotta go out to the backyard

MT.jpgMT.jpg

#62 10 years ago

I don't think that the vast majority of what is on the list will actually come out in 2014. More likely most of those games wont come out at all really. I'm sure Stern will have another 2-3 titles that will ship next year, but won't be completed until 2015-2016. SkitB will probably get Predator out, Spooky may get AMH out and PPS may get MMR out in 2014. There's a small chance that TH will make 2014 by the skin of it's teeth. Anything more than that and I will be shocked. Jpop is really selling a 3rd game when games 1 and 2 are still essentially vaporware? The market is getting saturated and there is no way all of these companies will survive, even if just because of all the pre-order money being spent.

Brian

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The market is getting saturated and there is no way all of these companies will survive, even if just because of all the pre-order money being spent.

pin-saturation.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

pin-saturation.

= price drop?

#65 10 years ago

I'm in the camp that thinks no Jpop pin will ever get finished or produced. Hope I'm wrong for those that invested in the venture.

#66 10 years ago

as many pinheads have said before, it is all about supply and demand. If we think that the market is getting saturated with pins, then pricing might need to be adjusted to spur more demand.

#67 10 years ago

If a Harry Potter pin was to ever be made, I think JJP would be the company to do it and I would preorder in a sec but I've heard Rowlings is very very strict on licensing and approval.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

If a Harry Potter pin was to ever be made, I think JJP would be the company to do it and I would preorder in a sec but I've heard Rowlings is very very strict on licensing and approval.

I am convinced JJP is the only manufacturer who has a shot at the license.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

I've heard Rowlings is very very strict on licensing and approval.

yeah, I've never seen any Potter games, toys, lego, action figures, console games... a real hard brand to license. No way they'd do a pinball.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

It's already happening. After Hobbit.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

yeah, I've never seen any Potter games, toys, lego, action figures, console games... a real hard brand to license. No way they'd do a pinball.

Did not say would never happen, just saying Rowlings has to approve it, I stated I would preorder in a heartbeat, I'm glad I finally got my first sarcastic reply! This is why I love Pinside!

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? You think Jpop will get 3 titles out next year? Seriously?
    *glug glug glug glug*
    I say all the MG's get done 3 years from now. RAZA 5 years from now....if you're lucky.
    So, might as well take that off the poll
    Based on the Stern code poll, seems like tons of us just won't pre-order anymore until code issues get under control...so there's that.
    Will Hobbit get released on time? I hope JJP can get things moving quicker, but I'm just gonna be a pessimist and say that slips to '15
    I like what Heck & Charlie are up to...but I'm gonna have to wait and see (and hear) the finished product before I can commit.
    Theoretically I'm most interested in P3 as it's the coolest advancement...but so far their themes/art are bad - if that can be improved and the price lowered, I'M Game.
    I really like Andrew Heighway and what he's up to...the motorcycle game isn't really my thing, but putting a screen in the playfield is excellent & the way he's designing modular mechs is fantastic. He has a good team and a big factory space....really looking forward to how his stuff turns out.
    Soooo....yeah I dunno, looks like I prob won't be buying any games in '14 except MMr and possibly a Heighway if his 2nd title looks more appealing to me.

MG will be out sooner (2014, likely) and worth the wait, from what I gather. Alice will probably be a ways off--not an official pre-order yet, I think.

Nobody mentioned Ben Heck's America's Most Haunted, a pretty complete and playable game at Expo. Really nice details and interesting layout, but to me the shots didn't feel quite as satisfying as in some games. A step above most recent games imo, though.

Heighway's game sounds cool and I like the approach; hope to get a chance to play one when it comes out.

I'm outta room for pins, but pre-ordered a MMr. Love the game, not sure if I'll buy the LE tho. Will give the Hobbit a long look, as WOZ is killer imo and I suspet TH will be too; just insufficient incentive to pre-order this one. Still very underwhelmed by the Predator layout and artwork, although the plastics I've seen (from BackAlley) look crazy good. P3? Might be interesting someday... Stern? They'd have to step up their game with a creative design, a la WPT or LOTR (and maybe with LCD) for me to consider one. MET is their only title I found moderately appealing from the past 2-3 years.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

This is why I love Pinside!

user83559_pic43860_1256399388.jpguser83559_pic43860_1256399388.jpg
    #74 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I am convinced JJP is the only manufacturer who has a shot at the license.

Yeah, I think WOZ is a nice showcase to pitch a Harry Potter pin. The custom toys, LCD, and 'classic' feel would work well with HP. Stern games are too stripped-down these days to appeal to a picky licensor, imo.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Source?

#76 10 years ago

Harry Potter's time has passed. Books and movies are done. Not remotely old enough (ala WOZ) to considered retro, vintage, or classic. Kinda like a 10 year old computer. Too slow to be useful, too new to be collectable.

#77 10 years ago

If I'm going to be spending $7.5k on a pinball machine again its going to be The Hobbit LE. While I love my ACDC premium after buying a WOZECLE I'll only be buying (NIB at least) JJP games until Stern steps up their game and offers more for the prices they are charging. After having my WOZ for just a few days I'm still impressed by everything in and outside of the game. The toys, the quality, code / rules , the menu system, heck even the way the machine was packed and presented upon opening have exceeded my expectations.

I'm hoping that their third pin will be Harry Potter as I would likely try and get that too. While the Harry Potter movies haven't been out for long in my opinion I would say it would be a great theme (and classic over time) considering how popular the films and books have been. Also, I heard that prequel films (set hundreds of years before the books) will be made.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Harry Potter's time has passed. Books and movies are done. Not remotely old enough (ala WOZ) to considered retro, vintage, or classic. Kinda like a 10 year old computer. Too slow to be useful, too new to be collectable.

I think you underestimate the importance of Harry Potter to a certain generation. It's their Star Wars. The books/movies sucked in entire families - so it's a perfect theme for pinball because it can appeal to any gender and age. It's still sorta new, but it's an evergreen property.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think you underestimate the importance of Harry Potter to a certain generation. It's their Star Wars. The books/movies sucked in entire families - so it's a perfect theme for pinball because it can appeal to any gender and age. It's still sorta new, but it's an evergreen property.

I saw every movie the weekend they opened. I understand their popularity....but the window has closed. Kids are onto the next big thing. Their attention spans are short.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

A Harry Potter themed pin done well is a license to print money.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Actually they're going to do new films (and books) just set before the time of Harry Potter. So it's very much alive as a media property.

Reliable rumor from multiple sources. I wouldn't bet $1000 on it, but I'd put up $20.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Kids are onto the next big thing. Their attention spans are short.

Kids don't have $8000 for buying pinballs, they can play with Monster High or whatever instead.

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Kids don't have $8000 for buying pinballs, they can play with Monster High or whatever instead.

We're the kids.....

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Actually they're going to do new films (and books) just set before the time of Harry Potter. So it's very much alive as a media property.

Reliable rumor from multiple sources. I wouldn't bet $1000 on it, but I'd put up $20.

Sometimes I don't know shit from Shinola, but I'll accept your bet and raise to an even $100!

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

WOW, I'm usually in the know, and I didn't know

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

WOW, I'm usually in the know, and I didn't know

You were correct before you ready his post.

#87 10 years ago

Rumors/ reliable sources, I was never big into Harry Potter, haven't read any of the books only saw the last 2 movies in the theatre but ended up loving all the movies and theme, universal did an awesome job with The Wizarding World in Orlando and can't wait to enjoy a ButterBeer again when the expansion opens next year and if the rumors and reliable sources are true and JJP makes it as #3, then I'm in and it'll go next to my WOZECLE

#88 10 years ago

if harry potter is true, it's gonna be a sure shot for jjp that's for sure. meaning sold out pretty fast!

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

if harry potter is true, it's gonna be a sure shot for jjp that's for sure. meaning sold out pretty fast!

It will sell out faster than MMR........

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

if harry potter is true,

I doubt it.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I don't know.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : I don't know.

Shhhhhhh, ok Lloyd, go ahead and tell us, nobody else is really listening

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Shhhhhhh, ok Lloyd, go ahead and tell us, nobody else is really listening

I don't know. And wouldn't want to know. If I don't know and something gets leaked, it wasn't me.

And things change. Two years ago at Expo Jack asked Drew to talk to me, we talked about two titles they were considering and an unlicensed game. I gave him my thoughts. Then along came Hobbit and schedules changed. So no idea if either of the two titles or an unlicensed game is in the future or if they were dropped as possible future games.

When I was in NJ in June there was talk of a game. And again I have no idea if it will happen or what will.

Since I'm not at the factory, Pinside will probably know before me. Or when we get JJP updates.

I just hope what ever it is, when it hits the assembly line I get a peek under the hood to help people if they need it.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I just hope what ever it is, when it hits the assembly line I get a peek under the hood to help people if they need it.

Ditto that! You guys are doing a great job......

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know. And wouldn't want to know. If I don't know and something gets leaked, it wasn't me.
    And things change. Two years ago at Expo Jack asked Drew to talk to me, we talked about two titles they were considering and an unlicensed game. I gave him my thoughts. Then along came Hobbit and schedules changed. So no idea if either of the two titles or an unlicensed game is in the future or if they were dropped as possible future games.
    When I was in NJ in June there was talk of a game. And again I have no idea if it will happen or what will.
    Since I'm not at the factory, Pinside will probably know before me. Or when we get JJP updates.

Lloyd, from what I can tell you have helped alot of people in the pinball community and not just with WOZ and from someone who will prob be coming to you for help in the next few weeks, I would like to say Thank you Lloyd!

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The market is getting saturated and there is no way all of these companies will survive, even if just because of all the pre-order money being spent.

Would you prefer several years ago when Stern was knocking at death's door?

#96 10 years ago

Maybe swapping a game and buying beer to enjoy the ones I have.

(Do not plan on buying anything NIB again)

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I'm in the camp that thinks no Jpop pin will ever get finished or produced. Hope I'm wrong for those that invested in the venture.

JPOP seems to have the folks that visit him impressed with how things are progressing. Still, there seem to be more announcements of more pins before the first one has gotten out the door.

Some of the boutique pins look like they were put together in someone's garage. They just aren't of the same quality as Stern and JJP. Some of them are surely going to flame out financially or lose their motivation to see it through.

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Reliable rumor

Reliable rumor is an oxymoron.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#99 10 years ago

Shrug. Either it happens or it doesn't. I have no stake in it, and no one will remember if I was right or wrong by the time the next game is announced. Hell, I could be 100% right and JJP changes it because of [reasons]. I happen to believe that it's true, I guess we'll find out.

#100 10 years ago

Where is Thunderbirds?

(ducks)

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jjp-pps-jpop-heck-spooky-skitb-p3what-are-we-gonna-do/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.