IMG_0355 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
bondvillanpanel (resized).jpg
bondswirlpanel (resized).jpg
4EA695F5-46FC-459A-B1DF-35C7EF13EB51 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0333 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2425 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Ejector seat gear shifter might be more appropriate for a shooter. You could even tie the eject button into the lockdown bar button.

Would be cool if the DB5 was a lock that you could release by pressing a button on shooter or even on the shooter plate.

Lock it and hold for a multiball that you can start when wanted.

3 months later
#167 1 year ago

Does dragon tank mouth light up on pre/LE?

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The chintzy one that comes with the game? Not exactly, no. There is a bulb inside the tank that flashes (simultaneously with the bulb in front) when the stand-up target is hit. Some of that light is visible around the target in the hood (but not through the mouth), but honestly I never even noticed it until I took it apart and found the bulb in there!

That sucks, hopefully you’re able to create one for PRE/LE. Mouth should light up.

Maybe factory tank can be modified?

#179 1 year ago

Where are those art blades from?

#184 1 year ago

Hoping someone makes a Disco Volante decal for scoop area since not in goodie bag as advertised.

Just thinking out loud. Is there a different material other than black rubber pad that would be better to reduce time in scoop?

I’m thinking remove and install decal and something clear over top or another material behind the decal.

#189 1 year ago

Was thinking about the dragon tank on pre/le.

Is the mouth transparent? Can a simple additional red bulb tied into the switch give the desired effect on stern model?

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone good with Photoshop interested in assisting with designing a new translite for the JB Pro? I can get the translites printed no problem, just need help with creating the Photoshop file. Was thinking of having the main 007 spinning logo in the middle, and adding some images from the Connery films. Kind of like this photo but replace some of the other Bond segments with Connery images. Will send you a free translite once we are done. PM me if willing to assist. Cheers.[quoted image]

There is a translite in the works from @pinstein. He did the LZ stuff and is very good at why he does. Maybe wait and see

#208 1 year ago

Hoping the dragon tank mod will work on the pre/le. Can’t believe that doesn’t light up at all.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Front mouth area of the Prem/LE tank does light up. The led behind the mouth is bright enough that it lights up.

The mouth appears to be a decal, you sure you aren’t seeing the yellow light?

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Activate Led #100 in diagnostics and you can see it flash. Not quite centered on the mouth decal but it does light up.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I’ll check mine. That would look better red or amber don’t you think?

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Activate Led #100 in diagnostics and you can see it flash. Not quite centered on the mouth decal but it does light up.
[quoted image]

Just tested it does light up

I did try a red bulb and would probably look good but all I have on hand was a red frosted comet 1smd so not bright enough.

I do like the lit eyes on modded version.

#216 1 year ago

What Little Nellie are people buying and where is best install spot?

Some look like they have a giant out of scale rotor on them.

#221 1 year ago

Anyone get the light up gun version of little nelly from Lermods?

#231 1 year ago

Anyone add the Corgi Goldfinger Rolls Royce?

#244 1 year ago

Anyone have a mod in the works for the diverter in the back?

#246 1 year ago

Be cool if someone could create something like this Aston Martin shifter with ejector button for a shooter.

080ECD26-599D-4479-8E88-CF7B402162D7 (resized).png080ECD26-599D-4479-8E88-CF7B402162D7 (resized).png2CC86014-1709-4A1E-8130-505B568C52D7 (resized).png2CC86014-1709-4A1E-8130-505B568C52D7 (resized).png

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Posted over in the owner's thread too, but this definitely belongs here since I teased this wayyyy back in Post #11 of this thread!
Finally! Rocket City Pinball's interactive Dragon Tank scene is up for pre-order. (Pre-order is to manage demand and accommodate my day job & everyday-life schedules, so I appreciate everyone's patience. Those with Red Barchetta mods know it took a while to get all the orders filled, but they were worth the wait and so is this!)
[quoted image]
Video of it in action:
Couple more pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
All the details are in the listing but here are the highlights:
- Since the dragon tank scene in the movie takes place in a marshy area, my tank mount includes ground covering & vegetation to better represent the film -- instead of just being a toy sitting atop a piece of artwork/plastic. It's amazing how much more realistic it looks in an actual scene!
- Installation kit includes replacement hardware to better blend into the scene (gold screws/washers in lieu of the OEM silver ones)
- The tank has tiny LEDs for the 'eyes' which are powered off the GI
- The tank's mouth has a light strip to represent the fire belched forth by its flamesthrowers. (Sorry I couldn't put real flamethrowers on it -- didn't want to ruin your machine!) The mouth lights up when the stand-up target is hit (which is also when it appears on the screen to shoot flames)!
- Installation kit includes two connector/splitter sets to access these power sources, and requires no electrical work aside from separating and snapping connectors together. No soldering is required, and it's 100% removable with no permanent modification to the game.
Sure takes a lot less time to install than it does to build it, that's for sure! Installation only takes six minutes -- DIY installation video:
Link to shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07752-interactive-dragon-tank-scene-for-james-bond-pro
Final notes: Now that I've put one in a game (and I'm my own worst critic), I've decided there's a small section on the mount that I'm going to remove from the design. I've included a photo in the listing to show what I mean, but it's a small section in the back behind the tank. Not really visible from the player's perspective anyway, but just for cleanliness I'm going to fix that for production units.
Also, big thanks and shout-out to The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, Florida (inside the Oviedo Bowling Center). The owners, Kurt and Ed, are amazing humans and I'm glad to call them my friends. Kurt has a Premium and a Pro (the latter of which he's about to put on location elsewhere) and was kind enough to allow me to shoot my DIY video with it. Check them out if you're ever in the area -- they have TONS of games from different eras, always in top working condition, they host tournaments and events (just hosted the state championships this weekend, and my favorite event is always Flip-Out Friday), and they have great food and drink too!

Any update on pre/LE version?

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Love the new translight and side artwork, so much better!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Art blades are nice but wish they would have used the disco volante over the scoop area and another rocket on back left is a little redundant.

Still will probably buy since there are no other options.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah not feeling that building Diddy, I don’t view the ramps a void though so that might be why it doesn’t fit visually in my eyes.

Agree, don’t think the building fits the game at all.

How about one of the other prominent Q gadgets for that location?

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Does the tank light up like that in the movie?

Yeah the eyes are like the headlights or spotlights and the mouth is a massive flame thrower. Mouth doesn’t light up though. Lights simulate flames.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

How about a Bond Girl? Inlane is scuba Bond maybe Domino?

2 weeks later
#561 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you'd like to change the Game Over music and have Pinball Browser:
1 Minutes 46 seconds - replace the first of the three identical entries and this will play at game over instead of the normal Bond theme you just heard eight times while playing.
Here's video of the new attract mode of the movies posters. If anyone wants a copy of this code to have something new until Stern drops an update, just let me know. Pro only.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/s2ovUwDy5c8JLMBQA

You have a video of the game over replaced?

#565 1 year ago

When you change that first of three sound requests does it by default change all 3?

Looks like you lose some of the main theme song possible during game.

#567 1 year ago

The game over song only plays like 30 seconds though correct?

I’m trying to figure out a way to mix in some Goldfinger and Thunderball into the game. Even From Russia with Love instrumental would be cool.

I agree, Stern needs to get some variety of music outside the modes.

No I don’t want the theme song from moby as
They mentioned last night. Terrible idea

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The end music plays for about 1:25. So you do have a decent amount of time to work with for game over music. Watch my video, game over music start at exactly 1:00 and fades out at 2:25.
Yeah if you love techno, goddamn you've got theme songs remix options.
I'm going to try locating the tracks for the various villain/henchmen modes. Perhaps the Goldfinger mode will work with a Goldfinger track?
Many of the mode music so far is either very soft or kinda annoying. I at least want to now focus on identifying those mode tracks and wait for the next update to see what they do. Does feel like much of the music is placeholder.

Agree on the possibility of place holder I’m pretty sure I went deep into a longer mode and it transitioned to a song from another mode. Not quite sure.

Music needs a ton of polish

1 week later
#609 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Left plastic above the scuba scoop

Could be used on the display as the mode counter, hopefully they add some interesting things.

2 weeks later
#639 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Personally, I was most surprised by the white. It made the MI6 letters (and bumper bodies) really pop, considering there's not much other white in the game!
Yellow is still my favorite, personally, but there are lots of options for everyone!

Any update on the pre/LE tank? Saw the other guy did it and added some plastic flames for $750.

5 months later
#821 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Anyone buy the Stern armor for Bond? I went to install yesterday, and the holes do not align with existing ones on the cabinet. Every other set I've purchased from Stern (4 other machines) the holes have always aligned. Not sure of the move is to blame, but have have had lots of QC issues with all sorts of stern products over the past several weeks.

Yep don’t align but why would you remove?

Even if you wanted to install the original rails for some odd reason you would not see holes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 14.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.