IMG_0355 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
bondvillanpanel (resized).jpg
bondswirlpanel (resized).jpg
4EA695F5-46FC-459A-B1DF-35C7EF13EB51 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0333 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2425 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Little Nellie spinning propellers.
[quoted image]

I had thought about doing this, but the blades are so long I worried about how much room and clearance there will be. I think we may just light it up and leave it at that.

Have a few other mods in the works, just waiting for a game to test them.

1 month later
#46 1 year ago

Pretty quiet in here...we've started developing mods and will have a lot to share. Spent most of this morning installing a few. These will all be available on our website and pinside shop in the next day or so. I don't want to create any FOMO, but the reality is that supplies for some of these are going to be pretty limited. First up is the dragon tank driven by two circuits, gi and dragon dome light.

PXL_20221203_141841478 (resized).jpgPXL_20221203_141841478 (resized).jpg

#47 1 year ago

Copter. Shown for the pro, but I think it should fit on premium/le over the right ramp area. Only difficulty for those versions will be finding a place to run the wire down. The guns are tied to the pop bumper flasher.

#48 1 year ago

Here's a building flasher and a better way to light the diver area.

PXL_20221203_154932893.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221203_154932893.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Well I guess the good news for the community is this will be available from multiple modders (with some slight variation), as I'd already announced my intent to make this several months ago -- I just don't have the game yet to finalize the setup / lighting config.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread#post-7149824
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread#post-7159680

We have been doing stuff like this for years, adding what’s in the premium/le to the pro. We also don’t typically announce or show mods until we have a game, but mods go into development as soon as the game is announced so we are ready when we do have access to a game.

#52 1 year ago

A few more mods, backboard light shown in ice blue and a trough light shown in warm white. Camera not picking up the warm white color so well

PXL_20221203_144828182 (resized).jpgPXL_20221203_144828182 (resized).jpgPXL_20221203_160030141 (resized).jpgPXL_20221203_160030141 (resized).jpg
#53 1 year ago

We also lit up the area under the DB5. What stern provides as stock is a single led bulb along the shooter lane that is only active when the eject is occurring. We added some lighting under the car area tied to that bulb to make the indicator more pronounced and the area better lit.

PXL_20221203_143728938 (resized).jpgPXL_20221203_143728938 (resized).jpg
#55 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Someone needs to make a clear plastic with a decal or smoked one to replace that fluro orange/red plastic

I did think about that because the orange looks a little out of place, but I’m a little afraid to touch that area and move the car because I wouldn’t want to mess up the vuk. Right now, mine shoots the ball up perfectly, but I have seen a couple of posts where people noted an issue with the consistency of the vuk and the ball dribbling into the lanes.

1 week later
#59 1 year ago

Working on a decal to replace the black bumper pad. It's a pic of where the fight scene was actually filmed

PXL_20221216_151430379.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20221216_151430379.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Just tying it to the spinner would likely be a cool effect.

Ours is tied to the pop bumpers. As for spinning the blades, it’s easy enough to do, but we won’t be doing that. These copters are pretty fragile, I’d guess many will break if you try drilling them. I also think the plastic mount for the blades themselves may not be strong enough to drill into to mount a shaft. These aren’t cheap if break them.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I assume that's the smaller of the Corgi ones? I ordered a couple options and some micro motors, will see what I can do. kidchrisso - is there clearance for the blades to spin in that spot on the LE? I'd looked at these Nellie's but wasn't sure there would be a good spot for them on a premium/LE

It’s about 5”. I think if you go bigger it will look out of place.

#81 1 year ago

Interactive Illuminated DB5...and mirror blades from @cointaker.

PXL_20221218_153423817.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221218_153423817.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221218_153429767.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221218_153429767.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221218_153608840.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221218_153608840.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20221219_164227573 (resized).jpgPXL_20221219_164227573 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I used Cointaker's mirror blades on my Godzilla and love them. But I put them in using screws and it was more of a pain than I expected. Did you screw yours on or did you use tape? If tape, which works best for these big stainless pieces?

I always use screws. I position the blades, hold them on with two hand spring clamps, drill a small pilot hole and install the screws. I only use screws at the front and back, not in the middle as it’s not needed. Very easy.

3 weeks later
#304 1 year ago

Please start a new thread for any preorder mod lists or contact seller directly.

#305 1 year ago

Here's another shot of our tank from the top and how it lines up well with the flames on the stock plastic. If you buy your own tank, keep this in mind when mounting it. I was considering making a flame mod for the tank, but that area takes a beating and I think they would not last long.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/james-bond-pinball-interactive-dragon-tank-mod

PXL_20230127_134519924.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20230127_134519924.NIGHT (resized).jpg

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

None taken -- to be clear, my reply here is not intended as a defensive response, it's a good conversation to have. I can't speak for the other modders but I've always struggled in deciding on fair prices that are both a) reasonable for customers but also b) still worth the time my family puts into each mod. I've had discussions with other pinsiders and modders about the difficulty in finding that sweet spot, and thankfully they've talked me out of my tendency to undervalue my time.
In this particular case, I compared the amount of work with my own Red Barchetta mod, and also compared it the pricing of another version of the dragon tank mod. Rather than undercut a competitor (I'd prefer we modders successfully & peacefully coexist), I used their price as a baseline and bumped it up since mine offers more 'features' (e.g., scenery mount, different lighting config). Laws of supply and demand will determine if our prices are reasonable. Which brings us neatly along to your other points:

Your points here are exactly why prices are higher for pre-made mods. Adding the eye lights is a fair amount of extra work. Building the connectors/splitters is a fair amount of extra work. Adding the scenery to the mount is a fair amount of extra work. Stocking parts & materials, making installation guides and shop listings, all these take time. All the modder's effort results in the customer having only a simple 6-minute plug-and-play installation that looks clean and professional.
Again, to be clear, this isn't to be read in a defensive tone. I fully recognize mod prices have certainly been creeping up over time but I like to think that's a testament to the time and effort we all put in, and the resultant quality of the finished products. Thanks for the opportunity to discuss and for the continued support from the community!
[quoted image]

I’ll chime in here just to note that the price of a mod reflects a hell of lot more than the underlying cost of the figure, in this case the $20 dragon tank. I won’t go into details, but the list of costs, including time is pretty long and may not always be obvious. Not to mention the significant tax hit an LLC incurs. As with anything, if you can DIY, you’ll save a lot of money, but some can’t or don’t want to so they turn to people like us to help. Try calling a plumber to fix a pipe, $10 in parts, $300 service charge.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Hi! I mentioned this on the Owners forum but I believe it belongs here. I want to give a shout out to Lermods for these awesome Mods that I use to upgrade my LE and they look SO AWESOME! The Nellie on the playfield gives another vibe to the entire experience and feels cohesive with the rest of the toys on the machine! Every time the shaker does his thing, the Nellie moves like is interacting with the game and with the lights looks amazing.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
The Diver ice blue lights finally make the entire undersea toy come to life in a whole different way! Looks and feels better! Congrats once again Lermods
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks to some feedback, we are adjusting the mount on our diver mod so the leds are not visible. It's more o an issue for the LW/Premium since the window is clear, but it's also a good solution for the pro. All orders placed within the last day will receive the new brackets.

PXL_20230201_173824825 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_173824825 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_174013749 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_174013749 (resized).jpg

#410 1 year ago

Q-ring...

PXL_20230205_192503142.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_192503142.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_192551626.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_192551626.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#417 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Wow that looks amazing Lermods! When are you going to sell it my friend!

Thx, it’s up on our site now.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/categories/james-bond-pinball-mods

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cast that in metal and chrome and it would look insanely good! Any way to tie it into ball locks with the 3 holes it seems perfect for it, not sure how the pro tracks/shows virtual locks.

The pro doesn’t show ball locks

It wouldn’t be hard for us to light up the individual holes, but do they light up in the movie?

3 weeks later
#587 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I could use some help. I rigged up a light for my tank and alligator clipped it to the lane gi bulb. 007 didn't like that and non of the upper gi lights would work? I'm used to patching lights inyo older games so I am not sure what is causing this?
[quoted image]

Sounds like you either have a short or a polarity issue.

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thanks,its a 5v. It shouldnt matter polarity going into the socket right? Its possible one clip was not on well to a bulb? They cover one side with black tape?

Polarity is an issue with spike games, but it depends on how you have wired it. Get rid of the black heat shrink, attach the clips. If it doesn't light, reverse the clips. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll get you a bulb/setup that will work.

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I think the tank effect looks best when it lights up naturally from hitting the target. Plus mounting it over the existing LED hides the exposed screw heads and doesn't block your view of the "M" Lane behind it.
I'm not risking a roach clipped LED mod under my game for no good reason.

Not saying your placement is bad, if you like it that's all that matters. But If you place the dragon tank back a little, it will match up well with the flames on the artwork.

You can't use alligator clips to connect to that dome flasher, you have to use actual connectors, at least that's how we do it.

3 weeks later
#652 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

I have a Bond but general mod Question for stern games. I have lighted speaker upgrade and also a topper plugged into my Led Zeppelin. I need to do a splitter for the power supply from CN6 I believe. Does anyone have a link to a splitter I can purchase to power two things off of this? Thanks
[quoted image]

https://lermods.com/products/4-way-stern-spike-splitter

2 months later
#741 10 months ago

Our latest mod for James Bond is an interactive multiplier sign. With the latest code finally enabling multipliers, our sign mod gives a better visual indication when multipliers are active. Shown in cool white in the video link below, but also available in red, blue, green, purple, warm white and ice blue. Colors can be seen on our website and pinside shop. Plug and play, just a couple of minutes to install. No waiting lists or prepayment, this mod is available now.

https://lermods.com/products/james-bond-pinball-illuminated-interactive-multiplier-sign

Video:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/033vhKYYifJgl70ZSuQG-CiHw

IMG_0106 (resized).jpegIMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
#755 10 months ago
Quoted from Had:

I'm working on an incredibly simple mod to have the reverse scoop feed the upper flipper. IMO this completely changes this scoop and the game in the best and easiest way possible. Once I'm happy with the 3D file I will post it for free (it will be best in metal) but for now please enjoy the proof of concept video and photos of the latest model - it only took a few hours to get it working.

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a nice enhancement, but as was noted, you could be starting bird one mb when you don’t want to. I also like getting the dragon tank hits off the eject as those can be pretty valuable.

3 months later
#856 6 months ago

Overwater Pro diver fight scene. Think I actually like it better than the premium and le. Buy the figures on Amazon. Use some 16 gauge wire and attach them to nearby screws. Screw the other end to the belly of the divers. They move a little when the game shakes.

Ocean Animal Scuba Diver Toy Set 4Pcs Adventure Little People Figurines Cake Toppers Pool Bath Toy Gift Sea Creatures Toys for Kids https://a.co/d/cXUxlNB

IMG_0599 (resized).jpegIMG_0599 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#916 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Think you might have tagged the wrong person in this, looks like Liors action surround.

Yeah, not ours, must be autofill.

#921 4 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I put this in the owner's thread but thought to include here as well. Anyone want to make a chart of the movies, their associated mods and suppliers?
Dr No: tank and pops. There are modded tanks and the Geiger counter mod (from Lionel).
FRWL is really underrepresented in Stern’s standard toys as well as the mods. But the movie’s Q gadget is a briefcase. Less sexy than the other toys? And the right orbit goes underneath the V/H ramp structure so no obvious place to put it. Klebb’s shoe mod from Lionel.
Goldfinger: Jazzbouche’s Goldfinger laser mod is a perfect fit with the GF button below it and the DB5 nearby. There's also a mod with Odd Job's hat (Lionel)
Thunderball is the odd one in a way. We’ve got two locations repping it: the left eject with Bond in the pond; and the back area with jetpack Bond on a wand. Several mods for the divers. A couple mods for the left eject plastic.
YOLT: Little Nellie (lermods and Lionel each do one) and mod replacements for Bird One.
DAF has a big diamond mod for the spinner, then the Mach 1 car mod and moon buggy (both by Lionel).
*Left Eject: A wireform mod from gumnut1, gold bars on plastic, moon buggy on plastic, Geiger counter on plastic

We also have a db5 and diamond spinner mod.

https://lermods.com/collections/james-bond

#924 4 months ago

Movie specific helipad…

IMG_0329 (resized).jpegIMG_0329 (resized).jpegIMG_0713 (resized).jpegIMG_0713 (resized).jpegIMG_0714 (resized).jpegIMG_0714 (resized).jpeg
#928 4 months ago
Quoted from ashmath82:

Has anyone purchased and installed this scuba kit for their pro machine? If so do you need a different light or flasher? Not sure if the light under the playfield is still the same on the pro as the premium.
[quoted image]

We offer a specific mod to light up the diver area. https://lermods.com/products/james-bond-diver-fight-flasher

You can also buy scuba figures and makes your own scene for about $12.

Ocean Animal Scuba Diver Toy Set 4Pcs Adventure Little People Figurines Cake Toppers Pool Bath Toy Gift Sea Creatures Toys for Kids https://a.co/d/eRfLBtV

#931 4 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Are you going to make that available? Just visited your shop and didn't see it.

It’s on our website….

https://lermods.com/products/james-bond-pinball-hellipad

#932 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry it took me so long to link them but here is the best lighting solution I have come across and for $7 it can not be beaten on price.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-quick-connect-for-flashers?variant=12493662289964 grab one of these bayonet style.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips?variant=32219275886694 and a 20 SMD strip in the colour of your choice.
Put the strip around the bottom (scoop end) and right hand side (toward the middle of the playfield) of the Pond cut out, if you have them at the top end of the scoop with a 2 way or clear plastic you will just blind yourself.

Unless you are referring to another location, adhering led strips to the wood directly under the plastic won’t work well, they’ll be constantly falling off. And for prem/le owners, you’ll see the LEDs. We provide custom brackets that can be mounted and offset on each side or top to bottom. No blinding, nice even glow. Before and after.

IMG_0333 (resized).jpegIMG_0333 (resized).jpegIMG_0337 (resized).jpegIMG_0337 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#942 3 months ago

We have 4 Union Jack shooter rods available. High quality resin cast.

https://lermods.com/collections/shooter-rods

IMG_0749 (resized).jpegIMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 55.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,100 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.