IMG_0355 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
bondvillanpanel (resized).jpg
bondswirlpanel (resized).jpg
4EA695F5-46FC-459A-B1DF-35C7EF13EB51 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0333 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2425 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Had.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm working on a scene/mod over here. This orange/pink plastic is weird and I disliked it right out of the box. Cars belong on roads.
It's an interesting mech design, which complicates the design a little bit, but I'll be able to work around it. So far I have the plastic replacement modeled, printed, and fit-checked -- so with that baselined I can now start working on the rest.
Here are three views of the OEM plastic, for reference:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here is one version of the replacement plastic temp-installed, to help decide which to use for the roadway. The sparkly black is the same one used in my Red Barchetta mod, which looks like fresh dark asphalt -- but with all the black in this area of Bond, I'm not so sure, it kinda gets lost among the blackness. Plus I'll need to make an additional piece to cover the metal, because it contrasts with the dark pavement. (Might make a cover regardless of final color.)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
So here's a different one -- this is "stone", a warm gray with dark flake that looks pretty good. I'm not sold on it though, so I have a few other filaments on order to help me find just the right one. In the meantime, I buttoned the game back up for the night with this one installed. I swapped out the red post with a gray one for now, to blend in better.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Honestly, this configuration already looks a lot better than the orange/pink plastic setup, so this could be a bare bones / "entry-level" variation of the mod if there is demand.
Stay tuned for more updates, and we'll see how close it comes to what I envision.

Have you tried a cobblestone effect?

1 month later
#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyboybuster:

I’ve had the screw for this post back out on me twice in the three weeks I’ve had the machine. So I did as any amateur machinist would do, over engineered the problem and made a bracket for it. I know that post takes a beating and has no support. Seems it was bound to happen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think a plastic printed part would work there too. Do you happen to have the dimensions of the part you made? We can dub it the bond flyboybuster fix

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

Finally got the game to where I want it. Shooter knob turned out but I still need to add the netting on top of the Vulcan. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. What do you have planned for the net?

3 weeks later
#581 1 year ago

Just finished my custom shooter rod. the cap doesn't open to reveal a button but i am happy with it all the same.

0A382B55-031D-4329-87CD-448E44A58690 (resized).jpeg0A382B55-031D-4329-87CD-448E44A58690 (resized).jpeg4ADC5862-0237-4736-9498-B9D2EF4242E5 (resized).jpeg4ADC5862-0237-4736-9498-B9D2EF4242E5 (resized).jpeg9618EF75-5922-4EB4-9087-D7DAF6273D27 (resized).jpeg9618EF75-5922-4EB4-9087-D7DAF6273D27 (resized).jpeg
#597 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Looks awesome Had. The idea of doing the leather gaiter like that is genius!

thanks mate, I'm chuffed to hear that from the future mod of the year winner (and already looking good for back to back).

Quoted from Desmodromic:

This is really cool, well done! Did you use an actual shifter knob? Looks like it? The shift boot is a really cool touch.

Thanks a lot! Its not a real shifter but a solid printed shooter. I made a 3D model of the db5 gear stick using the movie footage as reference to get the details close. I'll share the thingiverse file link here tonight, although I think my lines and numbering turned out a little too skinny so use at your own risk.

#619 1 year ago

Here's a link to the STL file for the DB5 gear stick shooter rod I made for the Stern Bond 007 pinball machine.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5890984

Pinside_forum_7429235_3267600 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7429235_3267600 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-05 080746 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-05 080746 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230128_104645 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230128_104645 (resized).png
1 week later
#630 1 year ago

I added headlights to the db5 and 007 flipper decals.

I couldn't figure out how to wire them up to the RGB LED on the board (the shot leading to the db5) so for now they are wired to a GI bulb.

E48BF830-511C-44DB-A53D-299281E4E4DE (resized).jpegE48BF830-511C-44DB-A53D-299281E4E4DE (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#635 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

You kill it with the lights! Looks awesome! how you do it?

Thanks.

I used a couple of white LEDs and connected them to a GI bulb.
The stock DB5 headlights are completely opaque so I drilled them out and 3D printed some clear head-lamps that I glued in place (TBH they look way better even when the machine is off).
The DB5 isn't difficult to remove, although it isn't a lot of fun putting it all back together.

2 months later
#719 10 months ago

I like the yellow look for the pro

IMG_1488 (resized).jpegIMG_1488 (resized).jpegIMG_1495 (resized).jpegIMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
#721 10 months ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Finally finished up a shooter for the thunder ball theme. [quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

It appears to be just the right size for the glass to clear it.

1 week later
#740 10 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Loved the lights on your DB5 man! Nice idea! Was it hard to drill the holes for the led lights? And did you wire it with the flashers? Super cool!

Thanks. The lamps were not too difficult although I had to make simple 3D printed clear lenses. I have them currently wired to a GI lamp.

#750 10 months ago

I'm working on an incredibly simple mod to have the reverse scoop feed the upper flipper. IMO this completely changes this scoop and the game in the best and easiest way possible. Once I'm happy with the 3D file I will post it for free (it will be best in metal) but for now please enjoy the proof of concept video and photos of the latest model - it only took a few hours to get it working.

IMG_1926 (resized).jpgIMG_1926 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-06-13 225300 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-06-13 225300 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#774 9 months ago

Looks fantastic! Did you use any specific black colour to paint it?

Quoted from Viggin900:

I 3D printed a Walther PPK with silencer and placed it on top of the combo ramp. I love how it looks and makes the game feel very spy-ish! The red light flashes below the trigger and the barrel highlights the inlane just right. It makes the game shots feel more risky.
The life size model can be downloaded here. https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/walther-ppk-with-suppressor
I added grips to mine to match the Bond version. My wife liked the feel and size of this so much she is going to get the real one![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

3 months later
#843 6 months ago

Fantastic mod! I'm strongly considering getting it.

It seems like a huge improvement on the reverse scoop which is the most frustrating and least enjoyable parts of this game.

Quoted from gumnut01:

The pops are easy to get without coming out of the left eject. MB are not modes. They don’t build towards wizards except for bjb. I’ve had about 20 pinsiders reach out and ask for this mod before it has gone on sale.
You’ve already stated in the forum that this mod isn’t for you. Thanks for your opinion here as well. I understand and respect that people will want to keep their game as stock, and this mod isn’t for them.
For people who are sick of:
continuous rebounds back in to the eject,
unfair SDTM,
Too much time having ball away from the flippers,
unearned bonuses and mode completions, playfield wear
and constant flipper passing from right to left
then this mod may be for them. It is completely reversible takes 15 minutes to install or reverse out.

#844 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Already posted in the 007 thread, just reposting to be in the correct spot.
Love the game but not so much the left eject. Either just bounces back in off a post as it ejects, completes dragon targets for me or goes SDTM.
Thought a vertical kicker into a wireform to mimic the db5 on the other side would be cool.
Improves the flow without affecting the game.
Doesn’t hit any switches or score any points just returns to the left flipper cleanly and consistently.
Had this idea, has become a reality by Ypaddave
Dave has worked tirelessly with my input to produce a worthy addition to the game that looks like it was always meant to be there. It sits between the Connery full length picture on the playfield and the extra ball inserts, it doesn’t cover up anything. The current decal is the famous rifle barrel design and we are working on that to make it more special.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Have put on 20 games with it, much more enjoyable, less stop and go and less chaos.
Does not make the game easier!
Lastly, the stock standard eject is causing playfield wear, this will reduce the risk of playfield damage in years to come.
[quoted image]
VUK power can be turned down to cause no stress to existing wireform.
Mod is totally reversible.
Just a sizzle of the prototype. Final will be chromed and matches the db5 ramp. More to follow.

Here’s a clip of me playing badly with it. Hopefully you get the idea.

Please place me on the list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Had.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread?tu=Had and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.