20230206_133158 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A gold finger (resized).jpg
A22C8496-D3C5-465B-A92D-60C4C92119EF (resized).jpeg
241FEDBB-C4EA-4171-8165-E1DCF51C7097 (resized).jpeg
3AD46FB1-E420-4CB0-9B34-5F6DF6CC1180 (resized).jpeg
0E7F18D7-14A2-4822-B403-D2364C6A873B (resized).jpeg
2365CB6D-DA8C-4006-9228-E4E65C76A9DE (resized).jpeg

There are 452 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 19 days ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Anybody using a fun shooter rod? ...

Just don't stab yourself with the toothpick.

JB shooter plate (resized).jpg

JB olive shooter (resized).jpg

#252 19 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just don't stab yourself with the toothpick.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah, I saw those and had the same thought about the Martini olives. Hard pass for me so I'll probably try one of the other combos I mentioned.

#253 19 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Dunno about shooter, but somone should definitely make a mod for the action button like that. Replace the button with a smaller red one like that, put it all in a housing with the gear shift top flip-up cap....

Quoted from J85M:

Tried it, looked ridiculous and when you want the action button in that moment if the caps down it’s in the way and the smaller button doesn’t give you the same whack the action button we are all used to. Mainly though it just didn’t look good.
Edit: forgot to add when the cap is up and you instinctively go for the action button you end up hitting the cap into the glass, not so bad using 3D filament but make the cap out of aluminium so it doesn’t look like it was made in McDonald’s and it might not be so forgiving.

My solution:

A0EA16DB-0B88-43AE-B3E0-C9B5F4D61E79 (resized).jpeg

#254 19 days ago

I’m going to try this as the shooter. Virtually identical to a Aston shift knob at a fraction of the price.

2CABA23E-0CE8-4AC0-A062-8A92DEA26EC7 (resized).jpeg

#255 19 days ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

My solution:

[quoted image]

For me it’s about accuracy to the source material, I mostly make mods for myself but have a couple I’m going to offer up in the next couple months.

I saw these buttons and they look cool but they are not accurate to the movies so going the custom route for Bond.

#256 19 days ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

I’m going to try this as the shooter. Virtually identical to a Aston shift knob at a fraction of the price.

[quoted image]

Bonds DB5 was a 5 speed manual transmission, according to a tonne of articles.

Initially off the line DB5s had an old 4 speed, so maybe a 4 and a 5 was used in the film..

#257 18 days ago

I like making shooters, I'm done buying sterns. Have not had one that was functional, sterns do look good tho

20230121_081301 (resized).jpg20230121_081314 (resized).jpg20230121_081327 (resized).jpg
#258 18 days ago

Bond on a rod installed

E5DA522F-1E87-4346-B981-EB1B2DE310C0 (resized).jpeg
#259 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bonds DB5 was a 5 speed manual transmission, according to a tonne of articles.
Initially off the line DB5s had an old 4 speed, so maybe a 4 and a 5 was used in the film..

https://www.astonparts.com/db5-parts/transmission/gear-lever-knob-c6954d159714.html

This looks to be the correct one.

#260 18 days ago

I’ve got a lot of Bond art, books etc here at home and it seems hard to tie down what the db5 interior in Goldfinger was. There was two cars used in Goldfinger a DB4/DB5 prototype.

And a production DB5, the prototype was the one used in all the promotional material and promotion for the movie. Then an interior was built using various parts for the gadget button shots so that likely had parts from all sorts in it which is common place in Hollywood.

I’m going to offer 4 and 5 speed if possible either included and swappable or a choice at the point of order.

#261 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve got a lot of Bond art, books etc here at home and it seems hard to tie down what the db5 interior in Goldfinger was. There was two cars used in Goldfinger a DB4/DB5 prototype.
And a production DB5, the prototype was the one used in all the promotional material and promotion for the movie. Then an interior was built using various parts for the gadget button shots so that likely had parts from all sorts in it which is common place in Hollywood.
I’m going to offer 4 and 5 speed if possible either included and swappable or a choice at the point of order.

Please add me to your list I’ll take which ever version you think looks best.

#262 18 days ago

Can't believe no one has mounted a PPK in the game yet.

#263 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

When your Bond shooter rods are available for purchase post a link in this thread. I am definitely interested.

Gord

#265 18 days ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

Yep, and it’s 10x as much…

It also doesn’t have a secret button and flip up cover

#266 18 days ago

High quality vinyl shooter plate sticker. $10 delivered in the US. Order at Highendmods1.com

38029 (1) (resized).jpeg

#267 18 days ago

Installed my new Pinstein translite in my Bond Prem tonight. Wasn't sure on color but seeing it in the machine it looks outstanding with the yellow molding and the DugFreez Type 13 speaker light kit with yellow surrounds. Love it!

IMG_1486 (resized).JPG

IMG_1487 (resized).JPG

Will take a couple pics tomorrow when there's better ambient light in the room. Overhead light in my office doesn't cut it.

IMG_1490 (resized).JPG

#268 18 days ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Installed my new Pinstein translite in my Bond Prem tonight. Wasn't sure on color but seeing it in the machine it looks outstanding with the yellow molding and the DugFreez Type 13 speaker light kit with yellow surrounds. Love it!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Will take a couple pics tomorrow when there's better ambient light in the room. Overhead light in my office doesn't cut it.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the pics looks good - I think the Pro Dr No art is the worst of the bunch and needs and alternate translight more then the others.

#269 17 days ago

This is my final proof, off to the printer to see how it looks in person. Won't have my game for a while but starting to get the mods going.

pasted_image (resized).png
#270 17 days ago

Speaking of things that don't exactly fit in a Connery bond, I have a Moonraker shuttle and a Lotus sub (hot wheels sized) if anyone wants them. $20 each shipped or $30 for both, just PM me.

#271 17 days ago

Also - I do really dig these alt translites. Obviously the expense could be substantial, but is there anyone out there that can do custom mirrored back glasses? I would seriously consider shelling out for something like that with tasteful mirroring.

#272 17 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Also - I do really dig these alt translites. Obviously the expense could be substantial, but is there anyone out there that can do custom mirrored back glasses? I would seriously consider shelling out for something like that with tasteful mirroring.

I really wish some one would do custom mirrored back glasses for new stern pins. I would not have to get LE's anymore haha.

#273 17 days ago

Worked myself up a little 3D printed seizure warning cover this afternoon. Came out nice.

IMG_1524 (resized).jpg

#274 17 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This is my final proof, off to the printer to see how it looks in person. Won't have my game for a while but starting to get the mods going.[quoted image]

Is this for the 60th?

Moore?

#275 17 days ago

Teaser post: my Dragon Tank scene mod is finally fit-checked and field tested. I have one simple minor change I plan to make for cosmetic improvement on the mount, but it's ready to go up for pre-order. I'll try to have it up in the shop later on tonight, along with the installation instruction video.

Screenshot_20230122_205528_Gallery (resized).jpg
#276 17 days ago

Posted over in the owner's thread too, but this definitely belongs here since I teased this wayyyy back in Post #11 of this thread!

Finally! Rocket City Pinball's interactive Dragon Tank scene is up for pre-order. (Pre-order is to manage demand and accommodate my day job & everyday-life schedules, so I appreciate everyone's patience. Those with Red Barchetta mods know it took a while to get all the orders filled, but they were worth the wait and so is this!)

TankBanner (resized).jpg

Video of it in action:

Couple more pics:

TankFromAbove (resized).jpg

TankSide1 (resized).jpg

TankSide2 (resized).jpg

TankSideLit (resized).jpg

All the details are in the listing but here are the highlights:
- Since the dragon tank scene in the movie takes place in a marshy area, my tank mount includes ground covering & vegetation to better represent the film -- instead of just being a toy sitting atop a piece of artwork/plastic. It's amazing how much more realistic it looks in an actual scene!
- Installation kit includes replacement hardware to better blend into the scene (gold screws/washers in lieu of the OEM silver ones)
- The tank has tiny LEDs for the 'eyes' which are powered off the GI
- The tank's mouth has a light strip to represent the fire belched forth by its flamesthrowers. (Sorry I couldn't put real flamethrowers on it -- didn't want to ruin your machine!) The mouth lights up when the stand-up target is hit (which is also when it appears on the screen to shoot flames)!
- Installation kit includes two connector/splitter sets to access these power sources, and requires no electrical work aside from separating and snapping connectors together. No soldering is required, and it's 100% removable with no permanent modification to the game.

Sure takes a lot less time to install than it does to build it, that's for sure! Installation only takes six minutes -- DIY installation video:

Link to shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07752-interactive-dragon-tank-scene-for-james-bond-pro

Final notes: Now that I've put one in a game (and I'm my own worst critic), I've decided there's a small section on the mount that I'm going to remove from the design. I've included a photo in the listing to show what I mean, but it's a small section in the back behind the tank. Not really visible from the player's perspective anyway, but just for cleanliness I'm going to fix that for production units.

Also, big thanks and shout-out to The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, Florida (inside the Oviedo Bowling Center). The owners, Kurt and Ed, are amazing humans and I'm glad to call them my friends. Kurt has a Premium and a Pro (the latter of which he's about to put on location elsewhere) and was kind enough to allow me to shoot my DIY video with it. Check them out if you're ever in the area -- they have TONS of games from different eras, always in top working condition, they host tournaments and events (just hosted the state championships this weekend, and my favorite event is always Flip-Out Friday), and they have great food and drink too!

#277 17 days ago

Lovely work SkyKing2301 the scenery really adds to the integration of the mod.

Really like how you’ve kept the LEDs concealed too, looks really professional, I’ll be grabbing one of these at some point for sure!

#278 17 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Posted over in the owner's thread too, but this definitely belongs here since I teased this wayyyy back in Post #11 of this thread!
Finally! Rocket City Pinball's interactive Dragon Tank scene is up for pre-order. (Pre-order is to manage demand and accommodate my day job & everyday-life schedules, so I appreciate everyone's patience. Those with Red Barchetta mods know it took a while to get all the orders filled, but they were worth the wait and so is this!)
[quoted image]
Video of it in action:
Couple more pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
- Since the dragon tank scene in the movie takes place in a marshy area, my tank mount includes ground covering & vegetation to better represent the film -- instead of just being a toy sitting atop a piece of artwork/plastic. It's amazing how much more realistic it looks in an actual scene!
- Installation kit includes replacement hardware to better blend into the scene (gold screws/washers in lieu of the OEM silver ones)
- The tank's mouth has a light strip to represent the fire belched forth by its flamesthrowers. (Sorry I couldn't put real flamethrowers on it -- didn't want to ruin your machine!) The mouth lights up when the stand-up target is hit (which is also when it appears on the screen to shoot flames)!
- Installation kit includes two connector/splitter sets to access these power sources, and requires no electrical work aside from separating and snapping connectors together. No soldering is required, and it's 100% removable with no permanent modification to the game.
Sure takes a lot less time to install than it does to build it, that's for sure! Installation only takes six minutes -- DIY installation video:
Link to shop listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07752-interactive-dragon-tank-scene-for-james-bond-pro
Final notes: Now that I've put one in a game (and I'm my own worst critic), I've decided there's a small section on the mount that I'm going to remove from the design. I've included a photo in the listing to show what I mean, but it's a small section in the back behind the tank. Not really visible from the player's perspective anyway, but just for cleanliness I'm going to fix that for production units.
Also, big thanks and shout-out to The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, Florida (inside the Oviedo Bowling Center). The owners, Kurt and Ed, are amazing humans and I'm glad to call them my friends. Kurt has a Premium and a Pro (the latter of which he's about to put on location elsewhere) and was kind enough to allow me to shoot my DIY video with it. Check them out if you're ever in the area -- they have TONS of games from different eras, always in top working condition, they host tournaments and events (just hosted the state championships this weekend, and my favorite event is always Flip-Out Friday), and they have great food and drink too!

Out F*king standing.

I'm down for one. Will go to the store, thanks!

#279 16 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
Video of it in action:
Couple more pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any update on pre/LE version?

#280 16 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any update on pre/LE version?

Not yet, my buddy at machine shop still hasn't gotten his cnc operator to cut it yet.

#281 16 days ago

Loving the new translight!

20230123_192421 (resized).jpg
#282 16 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

Looks great! Just ordered mine from Pinstein. What speaker lights are those? Thanks!

#283 16 days ago
Quoted from GoRun26:

Looks great! Just ordered mine from Pinstein. What speaker lights are those? Thanks!

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

#284 16 days ago

Yes! Looks outstanding.

#285 16 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
Video of it in action:
Couple more pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Amazing job on this! he's got such personality. LOVE IT.

#287 15 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

Anybody got a pic yet of the version with Red 007 with yellow trim on the pro? Keen to order but I've been bouncing back and forth between the white 007 with red trim vs the red007 with yellow trim which I though may complement the side art better?

#288 14 days ago

Two items that I’ve been working on. The Q ring is finished and the satellite from diamond is under construction. Plan on an LED inside to light the tip of the laser.

850DDBA6-AFFB-4EBD-BD04-3FF2DCEFCF37 (resized).jpeg657E930E-1CC0-4D8E-A9F3-E5D3F1993DF5 (resized).jpeg
#289 14 days ago
Quoted from Flyboybuster:

The Q ring is finished

"Well, h-hi there Mr. Q, are you having any luck?"

#290 14 days ago

New translight looks amazing and arrived so quickly!! Thanks Pinstein!

F81CA8CE-3459-46E6-AC92-0BD2D94B68C4 (resized).jpeg
#291 14 days ago

Next - 5.25 speakers and speaker lights, Mount my little Nellie and I should be good for a while

#292 13 days ago

OK. Who is going to be first to make the replacement tower? I’m betting Mezelmods. . .

#293 13 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

OK. Who is going to be first to make the replacement tower? I’m betting Mezelmods. . .

It’s definitely the piece that needs an upgrade the most. Doesn’t really stand out on the playfield and doesn’t match the actual tower from the movie at all.

#294 13 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Really shouldn’t be about the first, it should be about who’s going to make the best replacement.

But tdiddy is already on it and so far looks great, believe he’s adding a crane and a few other additions.

#295 13 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really shouldn’t be about the first, it should be about who’s going to make best replacement.
But tdiddy is already on it and so far looks great, believe he’s adding a crane and a few other additions.

I'm sorry guys, I really want to get this piece out to you. The Naegele has been kicking my ass these last fee months. We hope to launch the PRO version very soon with a Prem/Le to follows along with another special piece that needs to be addressed.

20230103_113949 (resized).jpg
#296 13 days ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm sorry guys, I really want to get this piece out to you. The Naegele has been kicking my ass these last fee months. We hope to launch the PRO version very soon with a Prem/Le to follows along with another special piece that needs to be addressed.
[quoted image]

Excellent looking forward to the PRE/LE version! I'm in!

#297 13 days ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

You got a list going somewhere for the LE version when ready? If so, count me in. That's slick, and I dig the lights in the payload. Convenient that the machine is largely red/black, makes the wires fit right in

#298 13 days ago

Please put me down for a prem/LE as well

#299 13 days ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Might as well add me to Premium/LE list as well. Looks fantastic!

#300 13 days ago

LE tower list request for me too please!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 452 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.