IMG_0355 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
bondvillanpanel (resized).jpg
bondswirlpanel (resized).jpg
4EA695F5-46FC-459A-B1DF-35C7EF13EB51 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0333 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2425 (resized).png
There are 953 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

There are pills for that

Took you how long to come up with that?

#152 1 year ago

Why is Goldeneye listed as one of the pins associated with this thread? It shouldn’t be.

And James Bond 1980?

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Took you how long to come up with that?

You would’ve been disappointed if nobody said it.

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You would’ve been disappointed if nobody said it.

You can see those things coming a mile ahead. Enjoy. It’s all good. However helpful - yeah no.

#155 1 year ago

Please tell me someone is working on an interactive car to replace the boring stock car the machines come with.

#156 1 year ago

Mezel mods have a rocket mod for this game. It was a 5 minute install and it looks 10x better! Listed on there shop page now. www.mezelmods.com

1D0BB224-A0D9-436F-A81E-77B2BDD4885C (resized).jpeg1D0BB224-A0D9-436F-A81E-77B2BDD4885C (resized).jpeg
#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Mezel mods have a rocket mod for this game. It was a 5 minute install and it looks 10x better! Listed on there shop page now. www.mezelmods.com
[quoted image]

Ordered, thanks!

#158 1 year ago

Yeah I just saw that yesterday they must’ve added that recently. I think that’s the best mod so far for this game.

#159 1 year ago

I’ll wait for the one with the opening tip.

Edit: not sure what the downvotes are for, well I know and expect Lers. An opening tip rocket is being looked at not for you boys, okay then.

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ll wait for the one with the opening tip.
Edit: not sure what the downvotes are for, well I know and expect Lers. An opening tip rocket is being looked at not for you boys, okay then.

Its pretty cool - Diddy's Tower mods is what is needed for sure.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Its pretty cool - Diddy's Tower mods is what is needed for sure.

Getting close

20230102_122826 (resized).jpg20230102_122826 (resized).jpg20230103_113949 (resized).jpg20230103_113949 (resized).jpg
#162 1 year ago

looks really nice, what is the hanging thing supposed to be?

#163 1 year ago

The stolen spacecraft.

#164 1 year ago

#165 1 year ago

Ok more Dragon Tank progress, sorry it's been so slow! Been busy on all fronts -- family, holidays, visitors, day job, pinball tournaments, mods, etc! -- but I'm inching closer to the finish line here for the Pro version.

As with my Red Barchetta mod, it's not enough for me to just plop a vehicle in there -- I'd prefer it be a small snapshot of a scene. The RB mod was available with a road/shoulder/sign or a one-lane bridge, as envisioned from my interpretation of the lyrics. Here with the Dr. No film, we have visuals to work from -- you'll recall this scene in the movie takes place in a marshy area near the water, with some low vegetation:

Screenshot_20230108_222344_Plex (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230108_222344_Plex (resized).jpg

With that in mind, the mount for my version of the mod includes similar looking terrain, and I love how much more natural this scenery makes it look! The scenery and tank will ship pre-assembled and simply mounts atop the existing plastic using the existing hardware.

20230108_220458 (resized).jpg20230108_220458 (resized).jpg

20230108_220511 (resized).jpg20230108_220511 (resized).jpg

20230108_220508 (resized).jpg20230108_220508 (resized).jpg

The flames in the dragon's mouth tie into the target's light -- when you hit the target, the light flickers (and the tank appears on the screen and shoots flames). The "eyes" are lit all the time off the GI. Great minds think alike, as I see the other existing version of the mod is wired the same. (I'd also chosen an alternate flame color, which is good for additional differentiation.) No soldering will be required, installation will be super easy, and the mod will be 100% removable (though why would you want to?!) with no permanent modification to the game.

I don't have access to a Pro locally, so I improvised in my LE just to get a feel for how it'll look -- in the video below it's just loosely set (almost) in place and I temporarily tapped into GI at a nearby bulb (since the LE doesn't have the GI under the tank). It looks really great, especially when it flickers during gameplay as demonstrated.

Waiting on a few more parts to arrive so I can finish the connectors, and then I gotta find someone local with a Pro so I can shoot the installation instruction video, and THEN they'll be ready to go up for sale.

I'm also exploring whether I can integrate this into the Prem/LE. My first requirement is a professional clean cut opening for the hood target; if it looks sloppy then it's not good enough. I have a friend at a machine shop working on CNC-cutting this for me. If that works out, then I'll see about whether I can make the "guts" for the switch fit properly, and we'll go from there.

Thanks for your patience, for those of you who have been waiting for me to work this up!

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Getting close
[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay this is pretty cool. How can I find out when it's done?

#167 1 year ago

Does dragon tank mouth light up on pre/LE?

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So much of it is wrong, Spectre logo, 007 logo, the silhouette and gun barrel.
A lotus? That person should have their pin removed from their possession!

Lol. I did that also. I knew it wasn't era appropriate but I've got my LE in my dive shop.... And folks liked that silly car.

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does dragon tank mouth light up on pre/LE?

The chintzy one that comes with the game? Not exactly, no. There is a bulb inside the tank that flashes (simultaneously with the bulb in front) when the stand-up target is hit. Some of that light is visible around the target in the hood (but not through the mouth), but honestly I never even noticed it until I took it apart and found the bulb in there!

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image]

Hate to be that guy, but there is one major cosmetic problem with the Mezel mod version of Spectre's Bird One, as anyone who has seen YOLT or even the relevant ball lock clip on the pin should be able to identify.

Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image]

SPECTREBirdOne-Capture-Main (resized).jpgSPECTREBirdOne-Capture-Main (resized).jpg
#171 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Getting close

That looks great Tom! Any chance you’ll also be doing a version for the prem/le? Obviously a little trickier with the wireform and lock.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The chintzy one that comes with the game? Not exactly, no. There is a bulb inside the tank that flashes (simultaneously with the bulb in front) when the stand-up target is hit. Some of that light is visible around the target in the hood (but not through the mouth), but honestly I never even noticed it until I took it apart and found the bulb in there!

That sucks, hopefully you’re able to create one for PRE/LE. Mouth should light up.

Maybe factory tank can be modified?

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok more Dragon Tank progress, sorry it's been so slow! Been busy on all fronts -- family, holidays, visitors, day job, pinball tournaments, mods, etc! -- but I'm inching closer to the finish line here for the Pro version.
As with my Red Barchetta mod, it's not enough for me to just plop a vehicle in there -- I'd prefer it be a small snapshot of a scene. The RB mod was available with a road/shoulder/sign or a one-lane bridge, as envisioned from my interpretation of the lyrics. Here with the Dr. No film, we have visuals to work from -- you'll recall this scene in the movie takes place in a marshy area near the water, with some low vegetation:
[quoted image]
With that in mind, the mount for my version of the mod includes similar looking terrain, and I love how much more natural this scenery makes it look! The scenery and tank will ship pre-assembled and simply mounts atop the existing plastic using the existing hardware.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The flames in the dragon's mouth tie into the target's light -- when you hit the target, the light flickers (and the tank appears on the screen and shoots flames). The "eyes" are lit all the time off the GI. Great minds think alike, as I see the other existing version of the mod is wired the same. (I'd also chosen an alternate flame color, which is good for additional differentiation.) No soldering will be required, installation will be super easy, and the mod will be 100% removable (though why would you want to?!) with no permanent modification to the game.
I don't have access to a Pro locally, so I improvised in my LE just to get a feel for how it'll look -- in the video below it's just loosely set (almost) in place and I temporarily tapped into GI at a nearby bulb (since the LE doesn't have the GI under the tank). It looks really great, especially when it flickers during gameplay as demonstrated.

Waiting on a few more parts to arrive so I can finish the connectors, and then I gotta find someone local with a Pro so I can shoot the installation instruction video, and THEN they'll be ready to go up for sale.
I'm also exploring whether I can integrate this into the Prem/LE. My first requirement is a professional clean cut opening for the hood target; if it looks sloppy then it's not good enough. I have a friend at a machine shop working on CNC-cutting this for me. If that works out, then I'll see about whether I can make the "guts" for the switch fit properly, and we'll go from there.
Thanks for your patience, for those of you who have been waiting for me to work this up!

This looks phenomenal! I’m hoping you can make something similar for the prem/LE. It would be a must buy for me. Great work!

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That looks great Tom! Any chance you’ll also be doing a version for the prem/le? Obviously a little trickier with the wireform and lock.

Yes as soon as we get a premium, we'll start mocking it up, for the premium we'll probably use the Gemini capsule

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Getting close

Are you going to start a list for those that are wanting to buy one or put up in your shop? If so I'd love to be on it! That looks awesome!

#176 1 year ago

Who's got a Jet pack mod of Bond flying?

#177 1 year ago

Wanted an LE but think it turned out fantastic. Thanks Hemi for the side armor looks great.

297D394B-36E8-429E-A5F5-A3ADE3AD920F (resized).jpeg297D394B-36E8-429E-A5F5-A3ADE3AD920F (resized).jpeg56E9DB6B-A96F-4FE2-962C-4C1ABCD0F3C3 (resized).jpeg56E9DB6B-A96F-4FE2-962C-4C1ABCD0F3C3 (resized).jpeg70D5EDF9-0BA7-4B01-A282-6F64837993D2 (resized).jpeg70D5EDF9-0BA7-4B01-A282-6F64837993D2 (resized).jpeg9C7647DF-1D86-41C7-B6DB-5A12664EF57B (resized).jpeg9C7647DF-1D86-41C7-B6DB-5A12664EF57B (resized).jpeg9EDC0A3F-B20F-45D4-9C4A-0CF705D03F35 (resized).jpeg9EDC0A3F-B20F-45D4-9C4A-0CF705D03F35 (resized).jpegCAA45173-F918-4DB3-983D-5CA68648F870 (resized).jpegCAA45173-F918-4DB3-983D-5CA68648F870 (resized).jpegD0D8FE14-0B69-4EE2-B293-0BDF9FA6410B (resized).jpegD0D8FE14-0B69-4EE2-B293-0BDF9FA6410B (resized).jpegD1650DE7-C351-46F8-8A97-63CA93B02AE3 (resized).jpegD1650DE7-C351-46F8-8A97-63CA93B02AE3 (resized).jpegFEBA74A8-876A-4F40-B9D3-515516E79887 (resized).jpegFEBA74A8-876A-4F40-B9D3-515516E79887 (resized).jpeg
#178 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Wanted an LE but think it turned out fantastic. Thanks Hemi for the side armor looks great.

That looks great! I'm considering the same powder coat color for my Premium that Steve is currently "refining".

I dig those art blades too! I was thinking of going with mirror blades, but I really like these.

#179 1 year ago

Where are those art blades from?

#180 1 year ago

Wizard mods

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where are those art blades from?

Looks like PinGraffix also has an "underwater" looking set.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-007-bond-pinblades

#182 1 year ago

Those art blades are really excellent - line up with the playfield areas and accentuate the area themes beautifully. I actually really like the LE blades, but those may be even better.

I ordered the apron and door magnet from Wizard. Glad I skipped the speaker magnet...looks cool but man that's a lot of reflection. Anti-glare glass on there too I'm guessing?

#183 1 year ago

Yes, the art blades are very good. I set up a light the glare usually isn’t that noticeable.

#184 1 year ago

Hoping someone makes a Disco Volante decal for scoop area since not in goodie bag as advertised.

Just thinking out loud. Is there a different material other than black rubber pad that would be better to reduce time in scoop?

I’m thinking remove and install decal and something clear over top or another material behind the decal.

#185 1 year ago

Yes, the art blades are very good. I set up a light the glare usually isn’t that noticeable.

FYI, the anti-glare film Comet sells works wonders for LCD glare. Just sticks on the front, makes the image slightly darker but not enough you'd notice, basically eliminates any glare. Kinda depends on the game for how big a deal that is; bond wasn't that bad, but it's a must for GZ in my opinion. And if you have any old DMD games it is mandatory - those things reflect like crazy. Like $15, one of the first things I put on a new pin nowadays.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

FYI, the anti-glare film Comet sells works wonders for LCD glare. Just sticks on the front, makes the image slightly darker but not enough you'd notice, basically eliminates any glare. Kinda depends on the game for how big a deal that is; bond wasn't that bad, but it's a must for GZ in my opinion. And if you have any old DMD games it is mandatory - those things reflect like crazy. Like $15, one of the first things I put on a new pin nowadays.

Any thoughts on a way to reduce the glare from the art blades on the underwater scene? There's a underwater scene sticker under the playfield that you can't really see because the LE's artblades reflect off the glass/plastic/whatever that is over that scene.

--Chris

#187 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Art color on the speaker panel and coin door is way off. Hope you contact wizard mods about them? Inside art blades look great.

#188 1 year ago

How can i remove the aston martin from the playfield so i can remove the orange plastic make a black one!

#189 1 year ago

Was thinking about the dragon tank on pre/le.

Is the mouth transparent? Can a simple additional red bulb tied into the switch give the desired effect on stern model?

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Art color on the speaker panel and coin door is way off. Hope you contact wizard mods about them? Inside art blades look great.

I have the same wizmods on my game and they look fine to me. There are many shades of blue, teal, and turquoise throughout the game so the wizmod panels reflect the overall appearance quite well. JMHO

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have the same wizmods on my game and they look fine to me. There are many shades of blue, teal, and turquoise throughout the game so the wizmod panels reflect the overall appearance quite well. JMHO

Gotta agree with kidchrisso - their sky blue color looks off to me too in that it doesn't match the cabinet artwork's (in the pics posted at least).

I'm a big fan of Wizmods' products and have added them to several of my games, but I'm reconsidering adding their coin door overlay to my Bond Premium now. Their Bond art blades look fantastic though and have now been ordered!

#192 1 year ago

#193 1 year ago

It looks better in person than the pictures. I had a light shining right on it so it is washed out a little bit but the color is not a perfect match.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was thinking about the dragon tank on pre/le.
Is the mouth transparent? Can a simple additional red bulb tied into the switch give the desired effect on stern model?

No, it's a sticker on an opaque black shell. I'm waiting for my buddy at the machine shop to CNC cut the target hole to see if I can incorporate my lit replacement (ref prior posts). If that doesn't work out, I have another idea to experiment with. Stay tuned.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from clonekiller:

How can i remove the aston martin from the playfield so i can remove the orange plastic make a black one!

Yes, I just removed mine in order to relocate the post. Just has three nuts to remove.

#196 1 year ago

Not sure this counts as a mod:

20230112_161512 (resized).jpg20230112_161512 (resized).jpg
#197 1 year ago

Someone find me a really cool toy Jet pack jamesbond I can replace on my pro. Any ideas?

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Someone find me a really toy Jet pack jamesbond I can replace on my pro. Any ideas?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GY8GU6B68/james-bond-sean-connery-jet-pack-icon

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Someone find me a really toy Jet pack jamesbond I can replace on my pro. Any ideas?

Buy a premium or LE

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Not sure this counts as a mod:[quoted image]

Looks good. Who is the vendor?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 953 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.