IMG_0355 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
bondvillanpanel (resized).jpg
bondswirlpanel (resized).jpg
4EA695F5-46FC-459A-B1DF-35C7EF13EB51 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0333 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2425 (resized).png

There are 953 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 1 year ago

U der the hood today our Pro. Wanted to get the titans in before the artblades arrived. Ended up changing out all the rubbers, added clear self adhesive protectors to the metal ramps (shout out to another pinsider for the Amazon item and idea - sorry don't remember who posted it). I bought the sweet Spectre flasher upgrade for my pro.. oops. (@skyking2301, @rocketcitypinball). Decided to see how it fit in the only place it can go in my pro. Turned out pretty good. @skyking2301.. if you see this, use the same file, but add a half inch or whatever so it sits higher for us pro guys! Pics included..

20230218_123745 (resized).jpg20230218_123745 (resized).jpg20230218_123753 (resized).jpg20230218_123753 (resized).jpg20230218_123856 (resized).jpg20230218_123856 (resized).jpg20230218_123902 (resized).jpg20230218_123902 (resized).jpg20230218_123914 (resized).jpg20230218_123914 (resized).jpg20230218_123925 (resized).jpg20230218_123925 (resized).jpg

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

U der the hood today our Pro. Wantedto get the titansun before the artblades arrived. Ended up changing out all the rubbers, added clear self adhesive protectors to the metal ramps (shout out to another pinsider for the Amazon item and idea - sorry don't remember who posted it). I bought the sweet Spectre flasher upgrade that I for my pro.. oops. (SkyKing2301, @rocketcitypinball). Decided to see how it fit in the only place it can go in my pro. Turned out pretty good. SkyKing2301.. if you see this, use the same file, but add a half inch or whatever so it sits higher for us pro guys! Pics included..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The spectre flasher idea where you placed it, its a clever one! Kudos!

#503 1 year ago

New James Bond topper made from wood and hand painted. I may add a couple rotating Aston Martins on the top

573F62D0-90CD-4328-B904-729F2C99188F (resized).png573F62D0-90CD-4328-B904-729F2C99188F (resized).png
#504 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Yeah that’s pretty smart, very clever!

#505 1 year ago

Thanks.. I didn't have my Bond Pro before I bought the spectre mod and realized too late there's no flasher in the back. I had to make the holes a little "longer" where the screws go through but worked out pretty well.

#506 1 year ago

Dammit. Just ordered a spectre flasher cover, now I want another :p

#507 1 year ago

I added the Mezel Mods rocket, which came with 3 Titan rubbers: 1 red, 1 white and 1 yellow. I like it. On the Mezel Mods website, you won't find it by searching "Bond" because it's listed under "Dr. No."

I also added a colorful James Bond wristwatch/compass to the shooter lane. I have had it for years. . .not sure of its origin, probably part of the Gilbert figure series.

20230218_140337 (resized).jpg20230218_140337 (resized).jpg20230218_140347 (resized).jpg20230218_140347 (resized).jpg20230218_152833 (resized).jpg20230218_152833 (resized).jpg20230218_152850(0) (resized).jpg20230218_152850(0) (resized).jpg20230218_153649 (resized).jpg20230218_153649 (resized).jpg20230218_154153 (resized).jpg20230218_154153 (resized).jpg20230218_155137 (resized).jpg20230218_155137 (resized).jpg20230218_155621 (resized).jpg20230218_155621 (resized).jpg

#508 1 year ago

I enjoy making attract mode videos for my Stern games. Here's what I've done for Bond and I've also made a few in-game changes I am testing and don't have video of yet. One such change is the "generic gadget background", as labeled in the code. Just black screen with circles inside circles. So of course that needed to be changed until Stern finally does.

But here's one change I do have video of. This replaces the default Dr. No "colored dots" credit scene that plays in between modes. Keeps with the style of the original, but visually more interesting.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uLwJASGXtuVi4EFj9

This video shows game over and how the attract modes make the game interesting to watch since you're forced to listen to the music for quite a while after game-over. Also shows the 60th Anniversary -Every Bond- Shooting the gun opening that replaces the old Connery one.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/anxznTKfuW3nB9rE8

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I enjoy making attract mode videos for my Stern games. Here's what I've done for Bond and I've also made a few in-game changes I am testing and don't have video of yet. One such change is the "generic gadget background", as labeled in the code. Just black screen with circles inside circles. So of course that needed to be changed until Stern finally does.
But here's one change I do have video of. This replaces the default Dr. No "colored dots" credit scene that plays in between modes. Keeps with the style of the original, but visually more interesting.
This video shows game over and how the attract modes make the game interesting to watch since you're forced to listen to the music for quite a while after game-over. Also shows the 60th Anniversary -Every Bond- Shooting the gun opening that replaces the old Connery one.

If you upload to youtube and post that link, Pinside will auto-embed the video so it can be played without leaving the Pinside thread.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I bought the sweet Spectre flasher upgrade for my pro.. oops. (SkyKing2301, @rocketcitypinball). Decided to see how it fit in the only place it can go in my pro. Turned out pretty good. SkyKing2301.. if you see this, use the same file, but add a half inch or whatever so it sits higher for us pro guys! Pics included..

Quoted from J85M:

Yeah that’s pretty smart, very clever!

Sorry I didn't see this til now -- was at a tournament all day! (I finished 2nd and my daughter tied for 5th, woot!)

Great idea! I can make the appropriate adjustments for the mounting tabs and height, and will update the flange to be a ring instead. Sit tight folks, I'll get this going ASAP.

@smokinhos, I'll send you the updated version free when it's ready!

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow the gun barrel sequence looks AMAZING on the pinball screen! So crazy get to see a different thing when you are so use to the default one. Great work my friend!

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry I didn't see this til now -- was at a tournament all day! (I finished 2nd and my daughter tied for 5th, woot!)
Great idea! I can make the appropriate adjustments for the mounting tabs and height, and will update the flange to be a ring instead. Sit tight folks, I'll get this going ASAP.
smokinhos, I'll send you the updated version free when it's ready!

Congratssss my friend and also so great for your daughter as well! That’s so awesome sharing that moment! Cheers for both of you!

About the Spectre Flasher I loved how it turned out there! You should be proud how your creation evolved! Can’t wait to see what you are going to do next!

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you upload to youtube and post that link, Pinside will auto-embed the video so it can be played without leaving the Pinside thread.

yup. But YouTube will hit it with copyright shit. They did it a few days ago with my Munsters video. Waste of my time for Pinside convenience.

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

yup. But YouTube will hit it with copyright shit. They did it a few days ago with my Munsters video. Waste of my time for Pinside convenience.

Did watch it, so didn't know you had copyrighted video/audio in it. Understand why you didn't do it now.

#515 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

smokinhos, I'll send you the updated version free when it's ready!

Awesome on the tourney, even better that your daughter is playing with you AND did well. Glad I was a moron and ordered it wrong... it does look sweet in that location. Excited to see a pro version and more stuff from you in the future!

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Awesome on the tourney, even better that your daughter is playing with you AND did well. Glad I was a moron and ordered it wrong... it does look sweet in that location. Excited to see a pro version and more stuff from you in the future!

Yeah man it was great -- 10 round match play, top 16 (of 33 players) went to bracket playoff (best of 3 games, per match). She jusssst made the cut at #16 (I was #6). Unfortunately that meant she got paired against the #1 seed -- but in a HUGE upset, she knocked him out! She lost in the next round though. Too bad -- based on our positions in the brackets, we could've ended up in the finals together! (Hope we pull that off someday.) I was so proud of her, she played great and only had one 4th place finish in the initial 10 rounds. (She's only 11-1/2, btw.) We've only been playing in tournaments since September 2022, and even with only those three months under her belt, she was the first alternate for the Florida Women's Championship. So close! We'll see how things go in 2023 since she'll have a full year in -- and I expect her play will continue to improve.

(There was a Bond Premium onsite but unfortunately it wasn't one of the tournament arenas. lol)

Anyway enough bragging on her ... back to Bond! Prototype flasher printing right now, hope to have some pics up later tonight.

#517 1 year ago

I made a couple of Q clips that make me smirk. He's a funny character!

This scene from Moonwalker has exploding balls....so of course I had to use it. Right now it replaced the generic Q Scoring screen displayed after Q missions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W4QmcQhSfNmQGLDH9

I came across this scene with Roger Moore and Q and the entire scene is quite funny. I do prefer Moore's interactions with Q than Connery's. I needed to get this clip down to 5 seconds, but don't think it'll be used anywhere after all.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GVPwVQ36c88FQ9CHA

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I made a couple of Q clips that make me smirk. He's a funny character!
This scene from Moonwalker has exploding balls....so of course I had to use it. Right now it replaced the generic Q Scoring screen displayed after Q missions.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/W4QmcQhSfNmQGLDH9
I came across this scene with Roger Moore and Q and the entire scene is quite funny. I do prefer Moore's interactions with Q than Connery's. I needed to get this clip down to 5 seconds, but don't think it'll be used anywhere after all.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GVPwVQ36c88FQ9CHA

Have you been able to figure out how many distinct songs are used in the code? Tough right now as seem to be many variations of the main Bond theme. Thanks.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Prototype flasher printing right now, hope to have some pics up later tonight.

Prototype pic time! THIS IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION.

20230219_193852 (resized).jpg20230219_193852 (resized).jpg

20230219_194341 (resized).jpg20230219_194341 (resized).jpg

20230219_194348 (resized).jpg20230219_194348 (resized).jpg

You'll note I extended the height beyond that of the original flasher so it nearly reaches the plastic covering the area. At first I thought it looked goofy, but I soon realized this was the right call for two reasons -- 1) it lights up the whole area even more, and 2) the screw/washer in the plastic would block the view of some of the logo if it were shorter.

As far as things to change/ fix in the final version, I left the seam in the wrong place.
I will at least be correcting this. It's not too visible in the pics but here's a shot with the light off where it's visible:

20230219_195632 (resized).jpg20230219_195632 (resized).jpg

Since each layer has to start & end somewhere, and there's no sharp corner on this round piece to hide it, I orient these start/end locations in the same spot -- forming a visible "seam" down one side of the part. I will move this seam to around -45 degrees (with respect to the logo) so it'll point straight up the playfield where you won't see it.

Also note I can make this is any translucent color -- I have red, orange, fluourescent orange, tangerine, yellow, light green, green, turqouise, light blue, blue, purple, and white.

Another option could be to do the top face in black and make the border and logo in gold to match those on the ramps. That might look kinda cool, just note the upper face wouldn't light up, only the "shaft". I'm curious about this, might give it a try.

Could also rotate the logo to be parallel with the side rail (i.e. straight with respect to the game), instead of parallel with the channel/ramp exit.

Since it's not finalized yet I'm open to ideas/suggestions/criticisms/whatever. Thoughts?

#520 1 year ago

I was looking online to see if there were any models of the Bath-O-Sub from Diamonds Are Forever and couldn't find any. I think it would make a great addition to the game. Anyone with a 3-D printer think they could tackle that?

Bath-O-Sub_(Diamonds_Are_Forever)_front-left_National_Motor_Museum,_Beaulieu (resized).jpgBath-O-Sub_(Diamonds_Are_Forever)_front-left_National_Motor_Museum,_Beaulieu (resized).jpg
#521 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You'll note I extended the height beyond that of the original flasher so it nearly reaches the plastic covering the area. At first I thought it looked goofy, but I soon realized this was the right call for two reasons -- 1) it lights up the whole area even more, and 2) the screw/washer in the plastic would block the view of some of the logo if it were shorter.
As far as things to change/ fix in the final version, I left the seam in the wrong place.
I will at least be correcting this. It's not too visible in the pics but here's a shot with the light off where it's visible:
[quoted image]
Since each layer has to start & end somewhere, and there's no sharp corner on this round piece to hide it, I orient these start/end locations in the same spot -- forming a visible "seam" down one side of the part. I will move this seam to around -45 degrees (with respect to the logo) so it'll point straight up the playfield where you won't see it.
Also note I can make this is any translucent color -- I have red, orange, fluourescent orange, tangerine, yellow, light green, green, turqouise, light blue, blue, purple, and white.
Another option could be to do the top face in black and make the border and logo in gold to match those on the ramps. That might look kinda cool, just note the upper face wouldn't light up, only the "shaft". I'm curious about this, might give it a try.
Could also rotate the logo to be parallel with the side rail (i.e. straight with respect to the game), instead of parallel with the channel/ramp exit.
Since it's not finalized yet I'm open to ideas/suggestions/criticisms/whatever. Thoughts?

This looks great - love it being more raised up.

If you can match the gold of the ramp, that would be interesting to see - maybe the yellow or tangerine?

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

This looks great - love it being more raised up.
If you can match the gold of the ramp, that would be interesting to see - maybe the yellow or tangerine?

20230219_211253 (resized).jpg20230219_211253 (resized).jpg

In this pic, in the henchman ramp is a translucent yellow on the left and tangerine on the right. At the top of the villain ramp is antique brass on the left and gold on the right.

Maybe I should try yellow shaft with black top face and brass border & logo? Bonus with using yellow -- will match the pop bumpers.

Also, my wife and I have been looking at it and we're torn about orientation. Help! lol

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
In this pic, in the henchman ramp is a translucent yellow on the left and tangerine on the right. At the top of the villain ramp is antique brass on the left and gold on the right.
Maybe I should try yellow shaft with black top face and brass border & logo? Bonus with using yellow -- will match the pop bumpers.
Also, my wife and I have been looking at it and we're torn about orientation. Help! lol

I like your idea of antique brass and yellow - I would face the logo straight up and down. The ramps have the “tails” straight down them.

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

I was just going to suggest trying a solid black top with the SPECTRE logo cut out so it matches the ramp stickers more closely. Leave the sides alone so the flasher can flash and illuminate the area around it and the SPECTRE octopus cutout.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

I think you could orient it to match the lower ramp since it is more in your line of sight. As for color, I'm curious to see what you come up with. Lots of good suggestions. I think the yellow seems to be the closet match. Not sure what they will look like when lighted. The silver and gold posts don't seem like the right color.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

Maybe try lining one up with the octopus in the same direction as the Villan ramp and one straight on with the player and see which one looks better.

Could you do one with the gun in place of the octopus?

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow! That looks amazing! Loved the new height and I agree with you on the decision. It's kind of cool to make that area more "villain spectre" zone on the playfield with those ramps and the flashed dividing them.

The idea of making it black and gold to match the colors of the ramp might be cool.

Adding on your note about the rotation of the logo, perhaps make it on an angle that is not necessary even or flat, but like in a 45 or 60 degrees angle towards the player will make it better for how it shows? Don't know, just throwing ideas, you are the master of your craft sir.

Looking forward to it!
images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#528 1 year ago

Ok ramp flasher prototype version 2!

Per prior discussion, I printed it in translucent yellow with a negative space for the spectre logo (to match the appearance of the ramp stickers) and it looks great! Watching the video again just now, I noticed how it really fills out the "yellowness" of the right/back side, whereas the left/back side is mostly red. So this extra bit of yellow here helps balance the left/red vs right/yellow! I like it!

20230220_002712 (resized).jpg20230220_002712 (resized).jpg

20230220_002730 (resized).jpg20230220_002730 (resized).jpg

I wasn't convinced rotating the logo all the way parallel to the sidewalls would look right since the logos on the ramps are angled. I decided to try for an angle from the back corner to the front center, so it would fall naturally aligned with your viewing angle as a player surveying the lay of the land. I think I overshot it by a couple degrees so I'll fix this in v3.

Speaking of fixes, the seam issue reared it's ugly head again -- I moved it to the back side as promised, but now that the the logo is in negative space, that makes the seam visible right up through the "face" of the logo:

20230220_003059 (resized).jpg20230220_003059 (resized).jpg

Luckily, I think the solution has presented itself: that pesky hex spacer in front of it. I should be able to get the seam to line up with that hex spacer and it'd be totally hidden behind it, while allowing the seam on the upper face to run through one of the legs or even under the positive space between the legs, which should look much cleaner. I'll try this on Monday.

Speaker of cleaner, that hex speacer is bugging me, because it's in the way and therefore seems to stand out. I tried covering it with one of my HexSleeves (in black) with a black screw/washer on top:

20230220_003804 (resized).jpg20230220_003804 (resized).jpg

20230220_003814 (resized).jpg20230220_003814 (resized).jpg

While I like this better, it's still seems to stick out a bit. I'm going to run some translucent yellow HexSleeves overnight and try that on Monday. I'm thinking the trans-yellow should help blend in better with the flasher, and I'll likely keep the black washer/screw on top. I'm hoping they'll blend better as an "extension" of the flasher's color scheme.

Feedback is welcome as I attempt these changes tomorrow.

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok ramp flasher prototype version 2!

While I like this better, it's still seems to stick out a bit. I'm going to run some translucent yellow HexSleeves overnight and try that on Monday. I'm thinking the trans-yellow should help blend in better with the flasher, and I'll likely keep the black washer/screw on top. I'm hoping they'll blend better as an "extension" of the flasher's color scheme.
Feedback is welcome as I attempt these changes tomorrow.

I think I still like the standard flasher color there, the yellow/black reads too "Batman 66" to me. But the black top with the color of the flasher coming through the SPECTRE logo is great. Really sweet.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think I still like the standard flasher color there, the yellow/black reads too "Batman" to me. But the black top with the color of the flasher coming through the SPECTRE logo is great. Really sweet.

No reason I couldn't make it in whatever color you prefer! Thanks, more updates to follow.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Have you been able to figure out how many distinct songs are used in the code? Tough right now as seem to be many variations of the main Bond theme. Thanks.

I haven’t even consider changing any music yet. The only audio I looked into it was getting rid of that annoying lady at the slot machines. Mission accomplished on that.

I am not a fan of any James Bond theme songs from the movies. You know like actual real songs from real artists. None of that music seems very Pinball and I honestly just don’t enjoy any of those songs anyway.

I would probably consider a remix of the theme music if I found one that fit and I liked.

#532 1 year ago

Adding on your note about the rotation of the logo, perhaps make it on an angle that is not necessary even or flat, but like in a 45 or 60 degrees angle towards the player will make it better for how it shows?
[quoted image]

Yeah I considered taking that approach -- but that stupid hex spacer & screw/washer will just end up blocking part of the view.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I was looking online to see if there were any models of the Bath-O-Sub from Diamonds Are Forever and couldn't find any. I think it would make a great addition to the game. Anyone with a 3-D printer think they could tackle that?
[quoted image]

If someone come up with this mod that would be so awesome! Great feature and a great way to incorporate Diamonds are Forever besides the spinner!

#534 1 year ago

Super slow work day, so I am checking out all the theme song clips and think I have it all figured out. Writing another test image.

But I know where the game over music comes from and pretty sure the main theme that plays between modes. That is what I'll be testing on this new image.

Here's a clip of the game over music on my first test. Didn't actually know a track I replaced was used for the game over music. Knowing that and what timestamp was used, I edited my audio to play a better clip for game over. Also will be testing in the next image.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FPFoCnQJW3k67A167

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yeah I considered taking that approach -- but that stupid hex spacer & screw/washer will just end up blocking part of the view.

Yeah I definitely see what you are saying. I think you figured it out better with the black hexsleeves.

Let me tell you that yellow / black looks great! It feels more like a different thing and not a redo of the same flasher we see up there. So gives like a different vibe to it, like it was “meant to be placed on purpose there”. Or at least that’s what it feels like it. Nevertheless the orange it’s ALWAYS a winner, no questions ask.

Obviously that orange it’s on our pinball the “Spectre color” way to go because we are already used to your flasher, but I think giving it time the yellow/black combo will grown on eventually on all of us. Who knows?

But definitely great work my friend! Looking Amazing!

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Super slow work day, so I am checking out all the theme song clips and think I have it all figured out. Writing another test image.
But I know where the game over music comes from and pretty sure the main theme that plays between modes. That is what I'll be testing on this new image.
Here's a clip of the game over music on my first test. Didn't actually know a track I replaced was used for the game over music. Knowing that and what timestamp was used, I edited my audio to play a better clip for game over. Also will be testing in the next image.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FPFoCnQJW3k67A167

Wow watching the score screen while LIVE AND LET DIE it’s playing it’s just bad ass! Awesome!

#537 1 year ago

Wow watching the score screen while LIVE AND LET DIE it’s playing it’s just bad ass! Awesome!

I guess to each their own, but for me the main draw to this theme is that it is ONLY Sean Connery era. I plan to keep my game pure haha. I do understand people not agreeing with my taste. For example, if I ever owned an Iron Maiden, I would swap out every second of music to different bands. I heard there was a Bee Gees version and even that would be awesome compared to the factory sound on Iron Maiden.

Hopefully future software updates will have a LOT more music and Connery call outs.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

No reason I couldn't make it in whatever color you prefer! Thanks, more updates to follow.

After seeing your pics (I'd have to mock it up too, to know), I think this will look great in red that matches your back panel SPECTRE flasher. I'd orient the SPECTRE logo in line with that FRWL lane, or just make it parallel to the Villain ramp. Could probably work on some median angle between the Henchman and Villain ramps? Like you said, it's probably just a few more degrees clockwise. Looking at my machine with the flasher on, it seems like you could directly orient it the tip of the logo at the hex post.

Regardless, it's a nice mod and will look great in the game!

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

After seeing your pics (I'd have to mock it up too, to know), I think this will look great in red that matches your back panel SPECTRE flasher. I'd orient the SPECTRE logo in line with that FRWL lane, or just make it parallel to the Villain ramp. Could probably work on some median angle between the Henchman and Villain ramps? Like you said, it's probably just a few more degrees clockwise. Looking at my machine with the flasher on, it seems like you could directly orient it the tip of the logo at the hex post.
Regardless, it's a nice mod and will look great in the game!

Yeah I definitely see what you are saying. I think you figured it out better with the black hexsleeves.
Let me tell you that yellow / black looks great! It feels more like a different thing and not a redo of the same flasher we see up there. So gives like a different vibe to it, like it was “meant to be placed on purpose there”. Or at least that’s what it feels like it. Nevertheless the orange it’s ALWAYS a winner, no questions ask.
Obviously that orange it’s on our pinball the “Spectre color” way to go because we are already used to your flasher, but I think giving it time the yellow/black combo will grown on eventually on all of us. Who knows?
But definitely great work my friend! Looking Amazing!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I pulled out the black hex sleeve this morning and dropped in the trans-yellow one I printed overnight and THIS is the best config -- sleeve to match the main color, with black screw to match the top. Definitely looks the most intentional and blends best. Sleeve lights up a liiiitle bit but not much since it had the spacer inside.

Prototype v2 pics with trans-yellow hex sleeve:

IMG_20230220_124935 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_124935 (resized).jpg

IMG_20230220_124930 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_124930 (resized).jpg

IMG_20230220_124931 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_124931 (resized).jpg

Now, regarding angle of the logo -- I'm going to leave this up to the user. Since you'll need to move the top plastic anyway to install the hex sleeve, then you may as well install the logo (which is a separate piece, similar to the flange from the back wall flasher) at whatever angle you prefer. I'm still going to set up the seam to hide behind the hex spacer, and it'll be hidden under the cap at most angles (and if it's visible in the leg that won't be as much as an issue as going through the face).

So final kit will have the base (I might start calling it the chimney lol), the cap, a matching hex sleeve, and black screw & washer. I can still do whichever color is preferred (since there's still debate going on and will make the hex sleeve to match.

I'll have pics of v3 (with seam orientation fixed) later this evening, then I think this will be ready for production. I'll shoot instructional installation video too, as it's definitely not as simple as the back wall unit!

#540 1 year ago

I'd like to see the red logo, in the orientation as the yellow in a vid if you have time. Looks great!

#541 1 year ago

Tower construction has begun..... trying to have a solid amount before the release .....more to come tonight or tomorrow

20230220_132453 (resized).jpg20230220_132453 (resized).jpg
#542 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like to see the red logo, in the orientation as the yellow in a vid if you have time. Looks great!

Will do. Helping me get good at the installation process so I don't flub it during the video! lol

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Tower construction has begun..... trying to have a solid amount before the release .....more to come tonight or tomorrow
[quoted image]

Hot damn!

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I guess to each their own, but for me the main draw to this theme is that it is ONLY Sean Connery era. I plan to keep my game pure haha. I do understand people not agreeing with my taste. For example, if I ever owned an Iron Maiden, I would swap out every second of music to different bands. I heard there was a Bee Gees version and even that would be awesome compared to the factory sound on Iron Maiden.
Hopefully future software updates will have a LOT more music and Connery call outs.

Live and Let Die is already in the code, just apparently not being used yet.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

For multiple reasons, there is no way that this is true.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Interesting. Definitely by far my favorite Bond movie song, just the wrong era. Something tells me it might disappear from the code at some point. Would be nice if it doesn't and we can call it up in DJ mode at least. Maybe it is in the 60th version, so they have the rights?

#547 1 year ago

Another note on the ramp flasher, as usual I'm being extra picky and decided to purchase a different translucent yellow color -- this new one looks to be a little richer golden-yellow than the paler-yellow one that I have. I think it'll better match the nearby plastics. Unfortunately it won't be here til Friday, argh!

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Completely agree with you my friend. Don't get me wrong. It's a Connery pinball and I respect that, all my mods are from that era and not others...but I can't deny it was a cool thing to see and hear at the same time. Live and Let Die it's just so iconic.

But what I want more than songs are Sean Connery calls out. Men, I wish there were plenty of them. Such good one-liners. "Shocking!"

#549 1 year ago

J85M Grantman

Then you two listen to the song that I found in the code and you name that fucking tune. I didn’t put it there, and I never said it was Paul McCartney and wings singing the lyrics either.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rhzPEb7GnYQWD3AZ6

There’s also the fact that there’s a great big insert right between the Flippers, that says, “Her Majesty’s Secret Service”. Which, of course is not a Sean Connery movie.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

J85M Grantman
Then you two listen to the song that I found in the code and you name that fucking tune. I didn’t put it there, and I never said it was Paul McCartney and wings singing the lyrics either.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rhzPEb7GnYQWD3AZ6
There’s also the fact that there’s a great big insert right between the Flippers, that says, “Her Majesty’s Secret Service”. Which, of course is not a Sean Connery movie.

OK, you found something that doesn't make any sense and I apologize.

If that music is from this Bond game code (not the Bond 60th game) then I'm very surprised. LALD is obviously not a Connery movie and I'm guessing the music license would cost as much as the entire Bond license so that's why I say it's not going to be in the game. Maybe some programmer snuck it in there for fun. Who knows, but I would be shocked if it showed up in this Connery Bond game. It obviously makes no sense and they are not going to spend extra money (A LOT) on something that doesn't fit like that.

Also, “Her Majesty’s Secret Service” is on the playfield, and that will be the wizard mode for this game when they code it, but that's not the name of the Lazenby movie. It's missing "On." I would also be shocked (but less so) if Lazenby appeared anywhere in this game. However, Gomez said there were some surprises coming so I suppose it's possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 953 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.