20230206_133158 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A gold finger (resized).jpg
A22C8496-D3C5-465B-A92D-60C4C92119EF (resized).jpeg
241FEDBB-C4EA-4171-8165-E1DCF51C7097 (resized).jpeg
3AD46FB1-E420-4CB0-9B34-5F6DF6CC1180 (resized).jpeg
0E7F18D7-14A2-4822-B403-D2364C6A873B (resized).jpeg
2365CB6D-DA8C-4006-9228-E4E65C76A9DE (resized).jpeg

There are 452 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 4 months ago

Get your hands on the first mod for the new Stern James Bond pin!

Introducing "The GILDED JILL Mod"!

jb4 (resized).jpg

We've assembled a small group of the finest artisans to create this iconic scene from Goldfinger for your very own pinball machine!

Now you can have your very own gilded Jill Masterson mod. Attach her anywhere on the playfield with the all-inclusive, comprehensive mounting kit.

jb6 (resized).jpg

Every possibility was considered in assembling everything you'll need to recreate this legendary scene in your own 007 world under glass.

Impress your friends!

jb007 (resized).jpg

We've also thought about all of you that love toppers, and assembled an add-on kit JUST FOR YOU!

jb9 (resized).jpg

In this kit you'll find a highly detailed, and accurately scaled bed kit to proudly display your GILDED JILL as an awesome topper.

jb1 (resized).jpg

Impress your family!

The basic GILDED JILL kit is $299.99. In it you'll find your very own GILDED JILL with mounting kit.
jb11 (resized).jpg

The DELUXE GILDED JILL BED topper kit is an additional $399.99 and comes with it's own installation kit without any instructions.
jb12 (resized).jpg

Don't wait to get your own GILDED JILL kit! Quantities limited!
jb8 (resized).jpg

#2 4 months ago

My 3D flipper toppers are ready to go. $25 per set of 3 with either 007 or Bond for the upper left. PM me if interested in purchasing.

#3 4 months ago

Just toying with this idea. Gold probably isn't right but that's what I had loaded in the printer.

20220921_140853 (resized).jpg

007 (resized).PNG
#4 4 months ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just toying with this idea. Gold probably isn't right but that's what I had loaded in the printer.
[quoted image]

Cool, though won't that appear upside down to the player?

And also ... does this mean we're actually using this thread for mods? The OP was clearly a joke / jab at us modders, but we will need a mod thread after all...

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

And also ... does this mean we're actually using this thread for mods? The OP was clearly a joke / jab at us modders, but we will need a mod thread after all...

I kind of like the humor as the initial post for a JB mod thread, so figured I'd just run with it.

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I kind of like the humor as the initial post for a JB mod thread, so figured I'd just run with it.

Fine by me, I too found it amusing!

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

yea - sideways.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

yea - sideways.

Well yeah it'd be sideways, but it'll be sideways/upside-down. In other words, if I'm turning slightly to my right to read it, and I'd read it left to right ("top to bottom" technically), then you'd want the 0 further up the shooter lane and the 7 toward the bottom. Did that make sense? The way you have it, it'd still be upside down when I turn to my right to read it. lol

Then again, it'd read correctly to someone standing on the right side of the machine, lol.

Your mod, up to you, just helping with feedback.

#9 4 months ago

Quite an amusing and well executed gag by the OP.

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If you made these as generic shooter lane protectors for Stern... people would buy them. Especially if they were easier to install than the already existing (and better looking" solutions.

#11 4 months ago

(Had posted this over in the Hype thread, but since we're using this mod thread I'll put it here for posterity)

When I heard rumor of Bond I started seeking out Aston Martin models (and a few other bond cars), to see if I could make a mod kinda like my Red Barchetta scenes on Rush. Now that we know the Bond game will already have an Aston Martin -- with the added complexity of the ball ejector seat -- I'm not sure what I'll be able to do there -- but I got some in different sizes to see if there's something doable.

In the meantime, the leaked pics also show the game has the Dragon of Crab Key -- so I got my hands on one of these too. I'm REALLY excited about this one, since the Pro doesn't have the model (only a decorative plastic) and I have some really cool ideas for what I can do with this! I'd also like to see what I can do for the Premium/LE, to see if this might be modifiable to accommodate the target and/or possible magnet and then replace the in-game model. More to follow once I get my game and start experimenting!
20220920_174832 (resized).jpg

Obviously I can't put flamethrowers on the corners like in the movie, but here's the start of a safer idea. Better lights are on order (orange), and may put lights in the eyes too (though I'd have to drill out the existing fake ones to put them in the right place per the movie), but here's a good proof of concept with what I had onhand.

20220920_203355 (resized).jpg

#12 4 months ago

You lost me at no flame throwers. ‍

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Obviously I can't put flamethrowers on the corners like in the movie.
[quoted image]

Not with that attitude you can't.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

You lost me at no flame throwers. ‍

Quoted from Ollulanus:

Not with that attitude you can't.

lol ... will need to include disclaimers ... Rocket City Pinball is not responsible for damages when the Dragon of Crab Key incinerates your pinball machine from within.

#15 4 months ago

Also working on 3D Start buttons as usual. I'm starting with representations of SPECTRE. Per discussion in the Hype thread, the SPECTRE logo was different in the Connery era than the one used on the game (which is the 2015 Daniel Craig version), so I'll offer both variations. I have START on them in a font similar to the one in the game on the back wall.

I'm also running some prints right now of versions without the START text -- these will have a nice curvature to them like my Deadpool and Captain American shield buttons do. I can do whatever color combination you might want, but black/white made sense with the theme -- but different combos might look better on the different trim levels. In the pics here, I did the 2015 one in a flat black, but I did the 1965 one in a sparkle black (same material I used for the Rush Pro/Prem starfield buttons).

More pics of the curved-face ones later.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16 4 months ago

As promised, here's the rounded faced ones too. I think of all four, I like the 1965 w/ text, and 2015 rounded (no text) the best!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17 4 months ago

Since it takes stern 2 years to make a topper, easy 1500 for first person to make one first. All you need is a ppk airsoft gun on top of a little motor that spins in a circle. Other side you have gun barrel target that lights up red as the gun spins towards it and points at target. Opening sequence of Bond right on top of machine and easy to make.

#18 4 months ago

Got the right lights today, so I've got my prototype lit better. Lights are hard to photograph, this isn't exactly the color they are in real life but it's close enough to show that it's awesome. Still may consider the eye headlights, havent gotten to those yet. Gotta get my hands on a Pro for fit checks / mount design/ etc. ...and of course to see if there's some way to convert the Prem/LE version into something more like this.

Again, obviously a little artistic license here since the one in the movie didn't breathe fire from inside the mouth, but the locals sounded like they thought it was a real dragon anyway so consider it a mix of their lore and the real thing.

20220926_204120 (resized).jpg
#19 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Got the right lights today, so I've got my prototype lit better. Lights are hard to photograph, this isn't exactly the color they are in real life but it's close enough to show that it's awesome. Still may consider the eye headlights, havent gotten to those yet. Gotta get my hands on a Pro for fit checks / mount design/ etc. ...and of course to see if there's some way to convert the Prem/LE version into something more like this.
Again, obviously a little artistic license here since the one in the movie didn't breathe fire from inside the mouth, but the locals sounded like they thought it was a real dragon anyway so consider it a mix of their lore and the real thing. [quoted image]

I’ve got one of these that I plan taking my Dremel too, should be able to make it Prem/LE compatible, it’s just going to need to be hollowed out etc.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Again, obviously a little artistic license here since the one in the movie didn't breathe fire from inside the mouth, but the locals sounded like they thought it was a real dragon anyway so consider it a mix of their lore and the real thing. [quoted image]

What's the length, width, and height on that?

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve got one of these that I plan taking my Dremel too, should be able to make it Prem/LE compatible, it’s just going to need to be hollowed out etc.

That's my hope, to see if I can modify it for use on Prem/LE also, because it looks much nicer than the one that's in there. Obviously I need to get my hands on the game first before I can truly see what modifications will be required.

#22 4 months ago

Not mods, just add-ons I guess

20220928_145006 (resized).jpg20220928_145013 (resized).jpg20220928_145045 (resized).jpg
#23 4 months ago

Hayfarmer "to the choppa !" ... sorry wrong movie!

#24 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not mods, just add-ons I guess
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

lol his arms are folded with the gun in his hand, just like in the poster!

#25 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That's my hope, to see if I can modify it for use on Prem/LE also, because it looks much nicer than the one that's in there. Obviously I need to get my hands on the game first before I can truly see what modifications will be required.

I plan on getting a couple of the iconic Connery vehicles like the Mach 1 and 2000GT both fantastic looking vehicles and just as important as the db5 to the hardened bond geeks like me.

#26 4 months ago

Should fit above the ramp on right.

B59E941A-73A1-4285-890F-04FD30C63237 (resized).jpegF2FBCD9C-08B2-46FC-906B-F7CF1A7377B7 (resized).jpeg
#27 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Should fit above the ramp on right.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got the same one from the James Bond collection. I was thinking back left off the backboard as the backboard has the little Nellie on it so make it a little 3D looking instead. Curious to see what the stern art blades are as the LE ones are not great at all.

#28 4 months ago

Who will be the first to produce an Aston Martin knock off hub shooter rod?

Aston-Martin-DB5-James-Bond-Movie-Car-Knock-offs (resized).jpg
#29 4 months ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

[quoted image]

Looks hard on the hand

#30 4 months ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

[quoted image]

Ejector seat gear shifter might be more appropriate for a shooter. You could even tie the eject button into the lockdown bar button.

#31 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Ejector seat gear shifter might be more appropriate for a shooter. You could even tie the eject button into the lockdown bar button.

Would be cool if the DB5 was a lock that you could release by pressing a button on shooter or even on the shooter plate.

Lock it and hold for a multiball that you can start when wanted.

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Now that would be a shooter rod I would buy and my first.

#33 4 months ago

Who makes the Little Nellie?

#34 4 months ago

These protectors are up in the marketplace for pre-order. They won't ship until the samples I sent out get test fit into an LE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/07273-pindefender-for-james-bond-le

Color matched for the LE's Aquamarine Teal armor. Can be pre-ordered with or without the logo.

20220928_205409 (resized).jpg
#35 4 months ago
Quoted from Insane:

Who makes the Little Nellie?

From ebay. Same size as a hot wheel car

Nellie (resized).png
#36 4 months ago

Hoping someone makes a realistic-looking Oddjob toy.

#37 4 months ago

Shooter Rod and topper progress

1D7918C8-8D72-458F-B248-682086338C18 (resized).jpeg
#38 4 months ago

Stern 007 James Bond pinball mods all ready!

https://www.wizardmod.com/007-pinball-mods

Pro
007 pinball mods pro (resized).jpg

Premium
007 pinball mods premium (resized).jpg

LE
007 pinball mods LE (resized).jpg

#39 4 months ago
Quoted from WizardMod:

Stern 007 James Bond pinball mods all ready!
https://www.wizardmod.com/007-pinball-mods
Pro
[quoted image]
Premium
[quoted image]
LE
[quoted image]

Fantastic! Will your art blades install over the LE art without ruining them if removed?

#40 3 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Will your art blades install over the LE art without ruining them if removed?

I am pretty sure you will ruin the original blades if you install them over and them remove them.

#41 3 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Fantastic! Will your art blades install over the LE art without ruining them if removed?

You might be able to remove the original art blades carefully without damaging them, Sterns factory art is quite easy to remove from the apron, you could try at the back of the game.

Honestly though when you commit to an LE you your kinda locking yourself into the LE art blades, which often are better unfortunately on Bond I’m not a fan at all, I have those sketches in the art of bond book and they stand out in the game no cohesion to work the playfield art.

#42 3 months ago

This is the first pictures I have shown of this powder coating color....I have a customer that ordered a set of powder coating armor set for a 007 Premium. This is the color that I came up with. The camera can't show it's true effects, it's a sweet teal color with a chameleon multiple colors flakes. .

I have 2 optios for powder coating armor... I can offer you a complete set or you can ship me your parts, which I'll have them media blasted to raw metal and powder coat them. Just PM me if you're interested in doing this for your machine or any other title. My turn around time is about 2 weeks or less on powder coating.

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

IMG_20221010_131126098 (resized).jpgIMG_20221007_155112567_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20221010_131133849_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20221010_131138772_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20221010_131603276_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20221010_131606652_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20221010_132118029_HDR (resized).jpg
1 week later
#43 3 months ago

First test

50A9AF15-7633-451B-945F-B54A2D8A2245 (resized).jpegAFF306A3-03FD-4670-A0FD-0DDAC100117B (resized).jpegB3487ACF-C460-4E22-9754-B24305D21C8D (resized).jpeg
#44 3 months ago

Little Nellie spinning propellers.

16671466768938090549528497276045 (resized).jpg
#45 3 months ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Little Nellie spinning propellers.
[quoted image]

I had thought about doing this, but the blades are so long I worried about how much room and clearance there will be. I think we may just light it up and leave it at that.

Have a few other mods in the works, just waiting for a game to test them.

1 month later
#46 67 days ago

Pretty quiet in here...we've started developing mods and will have a lot to share. Spent most of this morning installing a few. These will all be available on our website and pinside shop in the next day or so. I don't want to create any FOMO, but the reality is that supplies for some of these are going to be pretty limited. First up is the dragon tank driven by two circuits, gi and dragon dome light.

PXL_20221203_141841478 (resized).jpg

#47 67 days ago

Copter. Shown for the pro, but I think it should fit on premium/le over the right ramp area. Only difficulty for those versions will be finding a place to run the wire down. The guns are tied to the pop bumper flasher.

#48 67 days ago

Here's a building flasher and a better way to light the diver area.

PXL_20221203_154932893.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#49 67 days ago

Bird One Launch Tower getting dialed in

20221129_173909 (resized).jpg20221129_173921 (resized).jpg20221129_173945 (resized).jpg20221129_174034 (resized).jpg
#50 66 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

supplies for some of these are going to be pretty limited .... First up is the dragon tank

Well I guess the good news for the community is this will be available from multiple modders (with some slight variation), as I'd already announced my intent to make this several months ago -- I just don't have the game yet to finalize the setup / lighting config.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread#post-7149824

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread#post-7159680

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond Hill, GA
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Pinball Machine
James Bond 007 Pre-order!
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
18,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Decals
Pin Music Plus
Decals
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
Pin Music Plus
Decals
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 452 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.