you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

I wonder what Teekee thinks about this re-make?

#29 9 years ago

Ok, now that this is real where's my Tron Premium???

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Stoked! Made my decision to wait for IM instead of ST pro pretty easy...

Stern is cannibalizing their own sales! LOL! Makes sense to re-run their best game since SM.

#226 9 years ago

It will only an issue with me if they make the new code and lighting effects only work with the new machine and it's LEDs. Otherwise, IM for all!!!

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have some perspective on this, from watching what's happened to LOTR pricing over the years. I bought my first-run LOTR in 2004, and I expected it to depreciate. Stern re-ran it a few times, and the HUO price did drop for a while each time they did. But a few years after the final run, LOTR pricing was back up again. What happened? My theory: more LOTR in the wild meant that more people got to play it, resulting in more interest and more buyers. This pushed the demand back up, perhaps even more than it would have been with only one run of LOTR.
FWIW, the new cabinet would be nice - I do like the "HD" decals. But I prefer incandescent bulbs and a plasma display, so I don't see the LEDs as upgrades. I realize I'm in the minority there.

Your not in the minority. I think most people prefer plasma DMDs and the ability to LED the game yourself. I know I do.

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Actually beginning to think about this Iron Man thingy. I have a few questions. 1) Are there actual Drop Targets on the left and right? 2) Around the Big Iron Thingy Elevator in the middle, is there a big Cliffy for this? Thanks...

1) No
2) Not needed as the ball doesn't drop into a hole or anything there.

1 week later
#662 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am an IM owner and have been an advocate for years.
It would still bug me to not know what the toys or LED's look like on this new one prior to shelling out the cash. I don't think its too much to ask.
But since Stern can sell out without potenially having people rethink their purchase due to actually being able to see it and make an educated decision, I guess I am the one out of touch

The molded toys will not look as good, but I assume you can replace them. At least monger has a chest light.

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I love seeing comments like these. Without even looking in your collection, I'm sure you have an Iron Man. These little passive aggressive stabs are so weak. You just have to try and pump you own shit up huh? Get over it. The re-run is happening.

WTF are you talking about? Passive aggressive stabs? Get over yourself and speculation of others. A cast one-piece whiplash, monger, or war machine won't be as detailed as the original action figures. That's it. The monger will have a chest light though, so that's a plus. They will be stronger too, so plus there too. As far as pumping my shit? Yes, I have an IM but I don't care if they drop in value to $1000 as I'm keeping it. If I want to swap to the molded figures I will...if someone wants to swap to the more detailed action figures they will. Talk about crybaby. Get over yourself. And by the way, I advocated for the IM remake to happen so others could enjoy the best pin Stern has put out since SM. I didn't think it would happen, but I'm glad it did...even if it means presumptuous a-holes like you can buy one.

#754 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Wow....I have been away for awhile and I just found out IM is being remade. I own a nice one (traded for an AC/DC NIB a year ago....LOL). However, surprise, surprise. I got much grief months ago for saying prices had to fall and that they should fall as these aren't true collectibles like a PICASSO painting (hey, PICASSO cant come back to life and repaint one of his masterpieces....LOL).
Now Pinball is behaving like a "true hobby" and anyone buying pins for ridiculous amounts now can see the risk if they are doing it as an "investment". Buyers going forward are going to be more cautious now about possible remakes of any pin and this will effect the prices on most (if not all) pins. I said it many times and told people to keep the latest pinball price guide as I felt that would be the top (since it reflects 2013 prices) and it most likely will be.
For a lot of us the price depreciation is not a big deal (trust me contrary to "public opinion" I wouldn't have complained if prices went up but felt strongly that would not be the case) as most people I know don't tell their wives "honey my pinball collection will never go down in value"....for those that do it will be funny to see if they come clean with their wives down the road....LOL !!!
Well back to boating and golf.....HOP hasn't posted in awhile but the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated !!! HOP is still loving life and life is treating me well....BTW, everyone should be happy as the stock market should be making up for anyone's losses in their pinball collection as it should only be a small part of anyone's net worth !!!! So who cares if pins go down 20 or 30 percent when the market is going up 10-30 percent every year which for ANYONE able to afford multiple NIB pins they should have tons of money in real investments to make up for the slight depreciation of their expensive pinball collection !!! Called being "prudent with your money"......which most pinsiders I know are !!!
Glad I never planned to sell my IM !!!! I love it !!! So for me it was worth $6K ....hey, what do you lose when you drive a new car off the lot.....A LOT more then $1K or $2K so people need to get used to the "new world" of pinball prices.....what did people think they would go up forever !!! Yes, even the stock market will CRASH again....only difference is over time the market will give you a nice return.....pinball machines as INVESTMENTS are DONE.
I can only hope they make a black SM, TRON LE and some of the other ridiculously priced pins !!!! Buyer beware going forward should be the new way people think when they pay more then the original price a pin sold for !!! Hey, I have done it but only on a few occasions knowing that most likely I would never get my money back (but the Caps and Wizards don't give me my money back either I go to the games and have fun and it cost me a ton of money for season tickets but who cares it is called "entertainment" and "FUN ISN'T CHEAP").
Take care.....HOP.......I will be back in full force this winter as always but it is good to know I was right about 2013 being the top of pinball prices.....HOP is a lot of things but he has always been forward looking and anyone should have seen this bubble forming as prices can't go up 10-20 percent every year on a "piece of technology"......hopefully, they will remake every great title and let prices fall on CC, MB, AFM, etc. etc.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

As always, the point was missed and personal attacks had to "rule the day". Doesn't matter.....life is good and for a lot of you keep "investing in pinball machines" and see where that gets you. Prices will continue to drop for a long time and hopefully weed out the SPECULATORS from the TRUE HOBBYISTS.
Hopefully, they will re-make every overpriced title so people get the chance to play the titles they want rather then having to pay ridiculous prices just so some greedy people can make a buck. Stern did the right thing and figured they would make the money rather then let the individual make it.
I am so tired of the term "collectors" in this hobby. Lets see do people who buy TV's and Phones call themselves "collectors". Again, this is TECHNOLOGY not FINE ART.....maybe when people start to understand the difference they will understand why prices should fall not rise. Nobody expects that the IPHONE 6 they will be buying in a few months to go up in value a year later. You invest in the stock not by buying 100 IPHONE 6's and hoping they go up in value. Well at least that is what I have been doing !!! Same holds true for pinball machines....you buy them to have fun and should NEVER view them as part of your net worth but I know many do so they get upset when remakes come out rather then seeing the GOOD THIS DOES FOR THE HOBBY.
These newer pinball machines if the technology would ever grow by leaps and bounds would drop so fast in value it would make your head spin (lets see what do EM's sell for). So everyone can convince themselves they a pinball machine is a "collectible" like paintings, stamps, coins, etc. etc......guess EM's were "collectibles" as well.....we all know how well that worked out and the same will someday happen to the newer pinball machines of today.....just give it a little more time in my opinion. All bubbles eventually burst and this one has finally started.....and trust me I own 12 of them myself (most of them newer Sterns).
Look how quickly the value dropped on IM and MM as well as the value on other pins (since there is concern some others will be remade). This was a "bubble" and continues to be and I tried to point this out a year ago but hey I am a "newbie" so what did I know. All I know is I continued to buy when I knew it was a "bubble"....why "because I could"....isn't my retirement funds but for some people who think someday they will sell all or part of their collection to fund their retirement (trust me there are more out there they you think) those people need to start to understand the risk of loss on these machines. However, they will keep telling their wives "honey, let me buy another $7K pin as look at all the money I have made so far".....LOL !!!! Got to love those guys !!!! Better yet got to love the wives who are foolish enough to allow them to make $5K-$10K purchases knowing the current value of the pinball machine collection hubby has is more then he has in his 401 K.......
Enough posting for awhile......back to enjoying my summer. It was nice to see some of my "long time pinside friends" have continued to rack up the pinside points at a very impressive pace and continue to make pinside the main part of their existence. Kinda like one of my kids who last month had 22,000 texts.....I just shake my head in amazement and even ponder how 22,000 texts are possible !!! No different then I wonder how certain posters can accumulate so many pinside points but I guess living on here is how many of them define their life....I would rather get out and enjoy the day and nights.....see you guys when the weather gets colder but since I just landed 8 Washington Wizard season tickets to go with my 8 Washington Capitals season tickets (gives me something to do in the Winter) I will probably not spend as much time on here as last Winter to share my views on current pinball issues.....both the Capitals and Wizards should be improved and make for a fun Winter. Hey, a guy with nothing to do every day has to find ways to keep himself busy !!! I think I need to find a few more hobbies. Life is too short to not enjoy it and I never enjoyed getting up early everyday and going to work. Maybe if I had invested in pinball machines early on rather then real estate and stocks I wouldn't have had to work all the way to 49 (promised myself at 18 I would be done before 50 since I wasn't going to take a chance I would live much passed 70 and retiring at 65 or 67 just didn't give me enough time to really enjoy life since none of us live forever.....never understood with life so short why 67 is the new retirement age that was acceptable in this country....doesn't seem to give you much time to really enjoy life in my opinion....they will probably move it to 70 soon)......some of us just are too stupid to see that pinball machines are the best investments around....LOL. To think I thought they were just assets that depreciated and were bought to play and enjoy !!! I feel so stupid for thinking that....LOL !!!
To my "pinside friends" keep bashing HOP.....I truly just shake my head and laugh now (it keeps me from getting banned). Many on here know me personally and they could assure you I just get a kick out of most of "my pinside fans" as life is always GREAT FOR HOP.....everyone enjoy your 4th (yes even you RAREHERO)....I will be at the beach drinking brews while some of you will be posting all weekend racking up points. You never know pinball prices may come back a little this weekend since pinball machines are "true collectibles".....maybe it is finally time to sell the PICASSO and DAVINCI and buy more pinball machines.....LOL !!! Unfortunately, I don't own a Picasso or DaVinci.....maybe someday !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 26.50
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.