you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwantansi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpgShut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

#44 9 years ago

Why should Stern let everyone make money on the resale of these machines? They see that the market can support prices of up to triple of what they originally sold a game for(TRON LE, AC/DC LE)

I'd say watch out for a Tron premium in the near future

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If they cared about their own wallet they would think long term. They would see that the collectibility of pins isn't just a good thing for them ... it's a great thing. But they're stifling (if not killing) the very thing that has caused a pinball revival ... collecting. I'm done buying NIB ... if that's good for Stern's wallet then good luck.

What youre saying is that Stern should limit the number of pins they make so it creates a demand issue in the future, thus driving up the price of which they make no money off of?

If you made a widget and people were selling them for double after your initial sale, wouldnt you make more of them to sell yourself?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

NO, I would be smart enough to realize that many people are buying my product simply because they like knowing there was a finite number made (i.e. it's A COLLECTIBLE) and it might go up in value as pristine examples become harder to find.
I would not dare kill the collectibility of my product. I would make a new "widget"!!
It's completely illogical. There isn't demand for this game because operators are just suddenly making money on them and need to put more on route. There is demand because it has become a collectible! If Stern is saying "we don't want people collecting our games" (which is exactly what I see this as) then they'll soon find themselves trying to survive by selling games only to operators. Good luck!! I'm done buying NIB.

Sorry but they never ever promised that there would be a finite number of this game made. You could argue the same thing about MMR - How dare WMS remake this game and kill the collectors market.

IMO anything made by Stern that wasnt marketed specifically as LE is game for a remake now. I can see Tron being next with EM ramps and without the 3D translite - Tron Premium

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If you're fine buying NIB only to have Stern make more of your game a couple years with enhanced quality and features (thus drastically cutting the value of your game) , then great!! Keep buying. I need someone to bite the bullet so I can pay 50% of MSRP a couple years later.

Do manufacturers not have a right to improve their product? Bring on the Model-T I dont want any new fangled gadgets in my car!

2 weeks later
#711 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did ST Pro have sockets with LED bulbs? I thought they were just doing LED boards on all models now?

Standard sockets with LED bulbs

#713 9 years ago

Also anyone notice - metal backbox. Is the all wood backbox gone for good?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwantansi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im?tu=iwantansi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.