you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why do they care about making the old ones more valuable? They want to sell more (new) ones why would they want to make the older ones better? If anything the opposite of what you say is what they should do.

They should build customer loyalty. If they make new ones better than I'm done with Stern. It's a fine line. If I'm Stern I make the same game and tread lightly as us who own IM are a pretty loyal customer base. With any business you want to somehow make this a win win. I see this as a win for those who missed out and a big loss for us who already own the game.

#152 9 years ago

Hey can one of your Ironman re-run owners please scan the speaker panel decal for me? Thx

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ruby Red Iron Man.

JJP thread jumper fetish.^

And don't kid yourself....It was called Luci.

#154 9 years ago

Very amused about the "I am done with NIB" posts.

So what's your plan? No more new pins - shiny, unused, latest model, first to own it and with that NIB smell? You will really resist when TWD gets announced?

Even if you do, you will kill the NIB market, less will be produced, prices for used ones will go up, prices for NIB maybe down and voila - suddenly NIB will make sense again.

You will never be able to break this circle if you are a real fan of this hobby.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

This is harder than rocket science for you isn't it?
Stern made/sold roughly 1100 IM's. I'm saying, if they had come out originally and said "we're only going to make 2500 of these games" then they would have sold all 2500 in a heartbeat. 2500 is more than 1100 (FYI).

Yes... got it... you're still wrong, but keep posting examples- they are worth the laugh.

You should offer your expert advice to Stern.... they clearly have been doing it all wrong

#156 9 years ago

Never got into IM and Pinball is missing cool toys ! Not for me !

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm about to buy one through JJ but curious about going through pinball refinery instead

Gio and I are waiting to see what the machine is going to look like... then take it go from there. We have only so many allocations of Ironman and once they are gone, there gone. I personal have an original IM in my collection and it looks totally crazy compared to what it looked new out of the box.

So the sky is the limit for this machine. We will come up with a price list soon and answer everyone emails.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#158 9 years ago

Someone wake teekee up!! We have another remake!!!

#160 9 years ago

I wouldn't get hopes up for a LOTR remake. JJP will have secured rights with the hobbit. And even if there was a loophole in that licence, it would be a huge marketing gamble to have a LOTR competing with Hobbit

Maybe in five years or so. Not before

#162 9 years ago

sorry the computer was having a problem .....

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You should offer your expert advice to Stern.... they clearly have been doing it all wrong

Yeah, Stern's sales are just ballooning aren't they?

#164 9 years ago

Time to start crankin' out more shooter rods!

*cough*(Time for someone else to buy more IM bobble-heads)*/cough*

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Bwhahahahahaha!!!!

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Someone wake teekee up!! We have another remake!!!

gran-torino-trailer-gun-img.jpggran-torino-trailer-gun-img.jpg

#167 9 years ago

Three weeks of producing Iron Man equals a 500 pin run. Maybe 600.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It is kind of current IM owners fault (or not) that it is being rereleased. The IM owners made it very clear, especially on this forum, how awesome IM is and if you do not have one, like they do, you need to get one......for a price.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - IM is my favorite game ever made, hands down. I knew it two games in. I can't imagine anything ever doing what it does better than it does. But it's also a game that appeals to a very specific type of player. If you aren't one of those, it's a shallow, nasty little machine. In fact, I will predict right now (since I'm apparently so good at calling IM stuff) that if they make a bunch of these, you'll see the secondary market get a bunch in the future and the price of them all will be driven down quite a bit. I have friends who think that IM is one of the *worst* games made, and I totally understand why they think that. I don't think the market is huge for it.

If they remake too many, they will crater the used market, so if you are holding one right now because of prestige or whatever, I'd suggest bailing right around the time the new ones start shipping.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It was kind of "nah nah nah - nah nah I have one and you don't" and "price cheerleading" parade going on at the same time. So, Stern stepped in and said why don't we make the money and please our NIB purchasers instead of having those customers unhappily/reluctantly buy a $7000 from NIB resellers and profit takers.

Hold on now... the flip side here is that no one is forcing you to get any machine, so if you're unhappily and reluctantly buying a machine, BUY A DIFFERENT MACHINE. Or buy some flowers or something. No one, myself included, NEEDS an Iron Man. But I sure do enjoy it.

Quoted from SDTM:

Heard they are only running 100 of them, at least for now.

This might be true. I'm very curious to see how this goes. My whole argument about IM and a rerun was that it is risky for the same reasons I outlined above. I think it's awesome. I also have one friend who is a big time collector who has told me that he thinks that it is the worst machine that Stern came out with.

If they run 1000 of them, I think they are going to be stuck with a lot of stock. And, as I pointed out above, if they run too many of them, a lot of people who are buying them due to word of mouth who will be surprised that they don't love it when it arrives will end up selling it, which would crater the secondary market on it. I'm really curious to see what happens.

What I know - I have owned my IM for about two years, and if it is worthless tomorrow (hint -> it won't be) it's still some of the best money I've spend in pinball... and I don't have to sell it!

#169 9 years ago

Just played a machine with a bobble head shooter rod...that mod sucks monkey balls.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They should build customer loyalty. If they make new ones better than I'm done with Stern. It's a fine line. If I'm Stern I make the same game and tread lightly as us who own IM are a pretty loyal customer base. With any business you want to somehow make this a win win. I see this as a win for those who missed out and a big loss for us who already own the game.

Aren't you the guy who's interested in a CCr and a BBBrr? Seems kind of disingenuous of you.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Gio and I are waiting to see what the machine is going to look like... then take it go from there. We have only so many allocations of Ironman and once they are gone, there gone. I personal have an original IM in my collection and it looks totally crazy compared to what it looked new out of the box.
So the sky is the limit for this machine. We will come up with a price list soon and answer everyone emails.
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Man I am about to hit the confirm button on JJ. Am I just being a bitch because I am worried I might wait too long and not get my NIB if I don't act fast.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They should build customer loyalty. If they make new ones better than I'm done with Stern. .

At some point you have to realize that Stern is probably smarter than you. Listening to people "break up" with Stern over the years is halarious, and always the same.
I'm done with Stern, never again NIB. Stern doesn't care aboot the little guy at all.
Oh wait I love ACDC ok I'll buy that one...oh wait Metallica awesome here shut up and take my money! Oh hey wait a NIB that we';ve already played and is popular ok ok ok Stern here's my cash.

#173 9 years ago

edited....

#174 9 years ago

So the real question is, what kind of ramifications this will have on the used pin market? In the wake of this announcement, I think it's unlikely that we will see many non-LE Sterns selling for more than NIB prices. The bubble has now burst on yet another title, and we could start to see a domino effect of falling prices across the board.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

What I know - I have owned my IM for about two years, and if it is worthless tomorrow (hint -> it won't be) it's still some of the best money I've spend in pinball... and I don't have to sell it!

It won't be worthless tomorrow (hint -> It will just be worth less)

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

As a crazy Iron Man lover, I am very tempted to piss the wife off like no tomorrow and get me a NIB IM like I've always wanted. I wonder how soon they will be available for purchase. I don't remember seeing an exact date, maybe it's too soon for that.

Nah, don't waste your time on this refake. Buy my AVLE instead! You HAVE an IM! The original!

#177 9 years ago

IM shooter rod.jpgIM shooter rod.jpg
#178 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

and we could start to see a domino effect of falling prices across the board.

I hope so! I don't know aboot "across the board" but it might keep the serious pinflation down which would be a good thing. Ironman selling for what they are now is way too much, now the next prices may drop with the ever present "Fear" of a remake. This is awesome.

#179 9 years ago

$4795 for a NEW IM!!!! done and done

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Stern made/sold roughly 1100 IM's. I'm saying, if they had come out originally and said "we're only going to make 2500 of these games" then they would have sold all 2500 in a heartbeat.

NO. No way. No how. No.

Before IM, Stern hadn't been selling 1100 of anything. On top of that, for those not paying attention, IM was critically *slammed* when it came out. It was AP lite, with less to do and at double the cost! Who would have wanted it?

If they had "limited" it to 2500 when it came out, the collectors that were slamming it and not buying it would have still been slamming it and not buying it, and Stern would have been stuck with an inventory of 1400 that wouldn't have gone anywhere, resulting in close out pricing which is NOT good for them.

More likely, Stern would have picked a "more realistic" number from what they had sold previously, and they would have said that they were going to build 500 of them, and that's it. And then, when they could have sold another 600, they would have to accept not making that money because they promised people hey, we aren't going to do this.

That would just be silly.

Stern's current business model is *genius*. Any of these other plans and they would have been out of business long ago.

#181 9 years ago

I have always stated IM is a great game. Bought NIB and still own it and never thought of selling it. The bigger issue that Stern is setting is the fact they will rerun a popular game. To me now there is no incentive to buy NIB, and I will wait to see if it's a dud(like my TFLE)before I buy. This doesn't set a good precedence and might hurt new sales.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Nah, don't waste your time on this refake. Buy my AVLE instead! You HAVE an IM! The original!

Oh shit.....good point....but mine isn't a NIB.....fuck, decisions.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the real question is, what kind of ramifications this will have on the used pin market?

Well, a good leading indicator is the amount of crying you find in the forums from folks who own said games and are now whining about the remakes/re-issues/etc/etc

So, based on that, I think you can safely expect the bottom to drop out of the non-LE used stern market....

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

It won't be worthless tomorrow (hint -> It will just be worth less)

No, it is already "worth less" today.

But to me, it's worth the exact same.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Stern doesn't want people "collecting" games, they want people playing them.

YES! Lets not forget that we need more people playing pinball. This is a simple case of Stern listening to their customers and giving them what they want. Yes and make some money too. Same reason why they have made several runs of TSPP. Why someone would try to spin this into a negative thing is beyond me.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man I am about to hit the confirm button on JJ. Am I just being a bitch because I am worried I might wait too long and not get my NIB if I don't act fast.

PM Sent... We can reserve one for you and customize it to what you want..... But you'll get one.. No Worries.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the real question is, what kind of ramifications this will have on the used pin market? In the wake of this announcement, I think it's unlikely that we will see many non-LE Sterns selling for more than NIB prices. The bubble has now burst on yet another title, and we could start to see a domino effect of falling prices across the board.

Other than IM, probably none. They did the same thing with Tron, Tron dipped for about 6 months and then went back up again. Same thing will happen with IM, will dip right now but as soon as the new ones are gone it will be back up again (not to the same heights, but above $5k like Tron).

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Look for future Stern Vault Editions.

Oh, we will be. I wonder which one will be next, though. I thought AC/DC and X-Men were still being made. Avengers and Transformers have fallen in price so much, it can't be them. TRON's already been reissued a couple of times. Before that, that's when you get into the Malaise Era stuff like Big Buck Hunter and NBA. I know we don't really know how many of those sold, but I can't imagine it would be worth the time.

#189 9 years ago

Still represents the Stern cost-cutting era to me. Not a fan, rerun won't affect me - except I want Stern's new game if it's TWD and not Kiss and now I have to wait longer . Tron Premium ? Still yes on that one. But now Stern is making their own old games, their own new games, and PPS games. Wow. Quite the change. Might get them down to 2 new ones a year.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Aren't you the guy who's interested in a CCr and a BBBrr? Seems kind of disingenuous of you.

Yep I'm into a ccr and bbbr as there were not that many made to begin with. I'm okay with IM rerun. I'm not okay with returning a superior version of the game.

#191 9 years ago

I called it 13 months ago:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-another-stern-clue-will-they-rerun-a-version-of-iron-man

I am in. This will be my third time owning one. This time, it stays!

Now who's going to make me some custom rails, legs and a coin door? PBL?

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

hey probably would not be rerunning IM if Mustang were selling better.

Could be. And it's a great way to keep a steady cash flow. Something that Stern seems to be excelling in.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

Oh, we will be. I wonder which one will be next, though. I thought AC/DC and X-Men were still being made. Avengers and Transformers have fallen in price so much, it can't be them. TRON's already been reissued a couple of times. Before that, that's when you get into the Malaise Era stuff like Big Buck Hunter and NBA. I know we don't really know how many of those sold, but I can't imagine it would be worth the time.

X-Men is no longer being made. Tron had some late, smaller runs, but never disappeared for a couple years and them came back. I can see this one being re-made again.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, a good leading indicator is the amount of crying you find in the forums from folks who own said games and are now whining about the remakes/re-issues/etc/etc
So, based on that, I think you can safely expect the bottom to drop out of the non-LE stern market....

Which would return the non-LE market to the... same thing that it was until about five years ago when you would buy a game NIB not expecting it to go up in value when you opened it.

Seriously, in what world is that not an okay place to be at?

As for the money thing, the ones that were selling for $6k were usually full of upgrades - sound, lighting effects, lit characters, powder coating, etc. Stock ones were selling for about $5k.

I don't see a huge fall off for those with lots of upgrades. Maybe the lighting upgrade is equal now. I really wonder how the molded characters will look for everything not Monger, and I wouldn't be surprised if people go about replacing those (seriously, who has had a Whiplash break?) But you're still out a shaker, the powder coating is still a great update, the speakers are still worthy...

Maybe your HUO one goes to $4500 from $5k, and you lose a couple hundred on your lighting stuff, but this really isn't that dramatic of a shift people.

#195 9 years ago

IM pro? how can they cheapen out more on IM. It's already part of the econoline series of stern, when they started going cheap with everything.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Other than IM, probably none. They did the same thing with Tron, Tron dipped for about 6 months and then went back up again. Same thing will happen with IM, will dip right now but as soon as the new ones are gone it will be back up again (not to the same heights, but above $5k like Tron).

Agreed, and as I just outlined, I don't think this has such huge ramifications on IM as some people are claiming.

The other thread where we've got people saying used ones are worth $3k today is just silly. I don't think there is going to be $2k or so of difference between a new and used one.

#197 9 years ago

Just ordered mine.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep I'm into a ccr and bbbr as there were not that many made to begin with.

? Help me with that. There were more IMs made. You're saying that if Stern had made fewer IMs you'd be ok with this new one? Sorry, but I don't believe you.

So essentially because you don't have a CC or BBB you're okay with a remake of those?

It's because you just don't have either of those. That's why you're okay with a possible CCr/BBBrr.

I'm okay with IM rerun. I'm not okay with returning a superior version of the game.

Nobody's taking your IM away. You can still play it. If you want the newer one, it's fairly cheap. I don't see the problem.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Stern's current business model is *genius*. Any of these other plans and they would have been out of business long ago.

BINGO! Finally somebody gets it!

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh shit.....good point....but mine isn't a NIB.....fuck, decisions.

It's only nib if you leave it in the box! You already have one OUT of the box....which is the only way they are any fun! Don't succumb. You were smart buying the pro....I think buying another one is a little much....BUT, you are Iron Man dude, and it's your $ and your life! Make the most of it the way you want to!

AVLE is a nice compliment to IM...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.