you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Hipsters are typically millenials and baby boomers are senior citizens. I believe the majority of the pinball revival happened because of the people between those two age groups

I somewhat agree with that statement.

I think what has really brought more attention to physical pinball machines are all the great virtual pinball games being released on PC, consoles and tablets. At least that's what got me back into pinball and buying my first machine. My kids didn't even know that the games they were playing on their iPad were recreations of actual psychical machines. They didn't even know what a pinball machine really was, now they love Pinball, real and virtual.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Plain and simple Pinball or Stern and Jjp pinball are horrible investments

This just in: toys are toys.

I'm glad Stern is making more Iron Mans so I can buy one and play it. I don't care what it's worth 5 or 10 years from now.

#103 9 years ago

Here is part of a Letter from Gary Stern. We just got a Bit ago. It has some more info

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Iron Man pinball earns great. We hear that over and over from operators. Enthusiasts love this game. We hear that over and over from enthusiasts. Iron Man has great game play for the casual player and for the expert.

Operators and enthusiasts alike have told us we should build more Iron Man pinball. We have listened, and we are bringing Iron Man out of our game Vault.

We have secured a short-term license renewal. We will dedicate our production line to remake Iron Man Pro game you know as a Vault Edition pinball for a few weeks, starting later this month.

Our technology and manufacturing processes have changed since we originally built Iron Man. Among the changes to our Pro games in general, and Iron Man Pro Vault Edition in particular, are:

--LED’s on the playfield throughout, including in the Iron Monger chest;

--Code light show revision to operate the LED’s and better display LED light shows;

--Cabinet decals, and the IM Vault decals will be printed on brushed aluminum enhancing the art;

--New modern metal and wood backbox, with red t-molding;

--Speaker panel decal matching the game art;

--Higher resolution backglass, enabled by new technology, which provides better detail and sharpness;

--One-piece, molded Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash action figure toys, which reduce breakage and extend life;

--Current design one piece auto launcher, which increases reliability; and

--Various fixes of code bugs reported to us.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

If Cointaker knew about the re-release, could this be considered "insider trading"?

For sure.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Didn't B_R just buy one from Cointaker?

B_R will end up O.K. though... he doesn't seem like the type who would gripe too much about this.

I called him as soon as I saw the press release, so he knows about the new run

#106 9 years ago

Will it have pro lockdown bar or LE/prem lockdown bar?

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay, but the potential to not loose a lot of money tends to keep sales strong. This is no longer the case with pinball. I still think a Stern Pro offers quite a bit with limited downside. The LE market is a joke. Anyone paying $7500- $9000.00 for a limited edition is destined to loose money.
Bring on the Lotr vault edition as this is still Sterns highest rated game. Maybe they can add led s new decals and a new toy, shaker and some other cool stuff since the figures are no longer available.
Then maybe SM blue or red edition and another Tron run for sure

I agree with you that Stern should preserve the LE market. No re-releases of them.

But they didn't in this case. IM was just a pro.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

As a crazy Iron Man lover, I am very tempted to piss the wife off like no tomorrow and get me a NIB IM like I've always wanted. I wonder how soon they will be available for purchase. I don't remember seeing an exact date, maybe it's too soon for that.

I've seen you since you came on here - I say get it as an IM fan - you have to be the biggest that I know

IM is my favorite game so I am in on this new one. Going to play it now at PHOF as well

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

--Code light show revision to operate the LED’s and better display LED light shows;

I hope this part --^ doesn't mean new code is new build exclusive

Quoted from Gexchange:

Because I want this part ---^

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Here is part of a Letter from Gary Stern. We just got a Bit ago. It has some more info
Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,
Iron Man pinball earns great. We hear that over and over from operators. Enthusiasts love this game. We hear that over and over from enthusiasts. Iron Man has great game play for the casual player and for the expert.
Operators and enthusiasts alike have told us we should build more Iron Man pinball. We have listened, and we are bringing Iron Man out of our game Vault.
We have secured a short-term license renewal. We will dedicate our production line to remake Iron Man Pro game you know as a Vault Edition pinball for a few weeks, starting later this month.
Our technology and manufacturing processes have changed since we originally built Iron Man. Among the changes to our Pro games in general, and Iron Man Pro Vault Edition in particular, are:
--LED’s on the playfield throughout, including in the Iron Monger chest;
--Cabinet decals, and the IM Vault decals will be printed on brushed aluminum enhancing the art;
--New modern metal and wood backbox, with red t-molding;
--Speaker panel decal matching the game art;
--Higher resolution backglass, enabled by new technology, which provides better detail and sharpness;
--One-piece, molded Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash action figure toys, which reduce breakage and extend life;
--Current design one piece auto launcher, which increases reliability; and

You know this is from Gary since he called the Iron Monger an Iron Man

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow I want to see the new figures. I'm not thrilled with some of the upgrades offered. Namely the speaker panel decals and new decals. STERN basically just crapped all over us as current IM owners. Plus new code to control the lighting. Hmmm. I hope they do us current owners a solid and fix the code.
A nice solution to this would be to make a special mode or code change special to the original pro owners to help them retain value as everyone would win.

Why do they care about making the old ones more valuable? They want to sell more (new) ones why would they want to make the older ones better? If anything the opposite of what you say is what they should do.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Bring on the SM re-release with LED's and other improvements!

That's a good idea, but I bet this one would be especially hard to clear since the new movies came out.

#113 9 years ago

Im in for Lotr and/or family guy if they rerun it

#114 9 years ago

Cool that they are putting an LED in Monger's chest.

Also great that they are doing a code update. Hopefully we all can get the enhanced lighting show.

#115 9 years ago

I love Stern's decision to spit out another batch of a popular title.

The practice of hoarding NIB pins or jacking prices for a limited run should die a horrible death. More pins in the hands of pinball fans! This is way better than being squirrelled away as a "investment".

Kudos Stern.

#116 9 years ago

It's amazing how many people on here think Stern owes them something in regards collectability or resell prices.

Stern doesn't owe you shit. Get over it.

#117 9 years ago

REFAKE!

Sorry, had to say it.

As an IM owner for over 3 years, I've got no problem with this. Smart move for Stern, good for pinball.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Cool that they are putting an LED in Monger's chest.
Also great that they are doing a code update. Hopefully we all can get the enhanced lighting show.

Yeah I don't know how that will work. Wonder if there will be led boards or bulbs.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Pinball games are not collectables. They are games to be played and enjoyed.

What?!? Are you kidding me. You don't realize there are people who look for pristine examples of games and collect them?

Any way you cut it ... I think manufacturers (i.e. Stern) are being incredibly DUMB to not pursue the collecting angle of their product. Instead of saying "we'll make infinite numbers of our games" and only sell 1100-1200, start saying "we're ONLY going to make 3500 of this game" and then sell ALL of them in a heartbeat. Hellllllllooooo.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I hope this part --^ doesn't mean new code is new build exclusive

Because I want this part ---^

If they don't make it all available to everyone, I think that would be really stupid. I don't care if my IM is now worth $3k as someone was claiming in the other thread (hint - it's not), but I would care if there was a code update that changed things for the new owners that wasn't also available to the old.

All that I really care about is a way to do a skill shot that isn't just the current no-skill shot. If everyone but me gets that update, that would be the one way I would feel screwed in this.

Everything else, honestly... I like the old backbox design, I like "roll your own" LEDs, I really could care less about the art (and I'm not really a fan of decals anyway, although Stern's cabinet protectors make them really a moot point - best "mod" ever), and I'd like to see these "newly molded toys" so I know what that means before making a call, but I like what I got.

Zero problems with this at all. But check the other thread where I said that I have a "risk" by not selling IM immediately because if they reproduce it, I'll lose money... but I'm okay with that. Called my shot by about 15 minutes, it seems!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Any way you cut it ... I think manufacturers (i.e. Stern) are being incredibly DUMB to not pursue the collecting angle of their product.

Pursuing the collecting angle of a product doesn't make them money, and first and foremost Stern is a business.

#122 9 years ago

Just ordered from JJ

Your Order ID is: #1039

#123 9 years ago

Ok that's it. I'm buying me one!!!

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What LE? TRON IS IT. LUCI HAD to hurt AC/DC.

Not in my and other XMENLE fans minds.

#125 9 years ago

Gio and I will be offering this remake of Ironman in a Pinball Refinery numbered version for anyone that wants their machine fully customized.

Please contact us at [email protected] to reserve one.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#126 9 years ago

So, when exactly will this be released? Any word on that or did I miss it?

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hasty la vista Predator
Guess we can figure why Kevin wanted to lock in the pre-order money.

you will not be missed
and
you still dont get it.

enjoy your IM without spewing MORE BS.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Pursuing the collecting angle of a product doesn't make them money, and first and foremost Stern is a business.

Yes. Yes it does. That is what I'm saying. You can sell more games when you put a finite number on a game. Selling more ... makes more money. It's pretty simple.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They may not be stupid, but they do appear to be short-sighted. With remakes the customer cannot expect any game to become collectible or go up in price/value when the manufacturer will re-run older games whenever demand surfaces.

Huh?

Anyone who buys a non-Le model (and even some of those folks as well) with some expectation of a "collectibilty factor" is already fools to begin with.... this wont change that.

#130 9 years ago

When you guys say, ordered from JJ, what do you mean?

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay, but the potential to not loose a lot of money tends to keep sales strong. This is no longer the case with pinball.

Completely agree - we'll said

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

When you guys say, ordered from JJ, what do you mean?

Ordered from: http://gameexchange.biz/. JJ is the owner Gexchange on here.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

What?!? Are you kidding me. You don't realize there are people who look for pristine examples of games and collect them?
Any way you cut it ... I think manufacturers (i.e. Stern) are being incredibly DUMB to not pursue the collecting angle of their product. Instead of saying "we'll make infinite numbers of our games" and only sell 1100-1200, start saying we're ONLY going to make 3500 of this game and then sell ALL of them in a heartbeat. Hellllllllooooo.

No, I am not obtuse.

I know that there are those who "collect" pristine games. Some of these boobs don't even play the games, they just keep them in boxes to keep them pristine. Good for them. Anyone can "collect" whatever they want. I see some people down on their luck "collecting" cans.

The key difference that some people do not understand is that this is different than a "collectable". This is generally something that is expressly limited in number. Stern has released some games as such. They call them LEs (LIMITED editions).

This current re-release DOES NOT OFFEND that practice. They have re-released a non-LE, non-collectable game THAT THEY OWN THE IP for. They should make the profit off it.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You can sell more games when you put a finite number on a game. Selling more ... makes more money. It's pretty simple.

You can sell MORE if you make LESS eh? New math I assume....

Well, obviously your completely wrong.... lol.

Perhaps what you MEANT to say is you can sell (fewer) machines at a higher price if you artificially restrict the supply.

#135 9 years ago

This is silly, but I'm curious - could someone PM me the price of IM through JJ right now? I can't see his site at work, and I am really curious what they are going for. I won't share, promise!

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

MSRP is usually higher than sell price generally. I wonder if it will be $4500-ish

Ha, I'll bet it'll be HIGHER than MSRP! Why not, right? Time will tell.

Anyway, GREAT news for the hobby. Means I overpaid for mine I guess....but at least it's not a refake.
I've honestly been thinking of late that IM might be my one true keeper. The game has everything you want. Doesn't means its perfect...but it might be the closest thing to a game that you can play thousands of times and won't grow tired of.

I'm happy for people that can buy NiB again. I'm curious to see how popular this will be and how long they run the game....again.

And best of all, maybe they'll tweak the code to make do or die multi ball somewhat possible!

#137 9 years ago

It is kind of current IM owners fault (or not I feel) that it is being rereleased. The IM owners made it very clear, especially on this forum, how awesome IM is and if you do not have one, like they do, you need to get one......for a price.

It was kind of "nah nah nah - nah nah, I have one and you don't" and "price cheerleading" parade going on at the same time. So, Stern stepped in and said why don't we make the money and please our NIB purchasers instead of having those customers unhappily/reluctantly buy a $7000 IM from NIB resellers and profit takers.

I will look at buying one because I love fast and furious, not so deep games.

Man this is fun!

#138 9 years ago

Heard they are only running 100 of them, at least for now.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

IM might be my one true keeper

A lot of people, including myself and the two other local owners I know, have felt that way for a long time.

#140 9 years ago

I'm about to buy one through JJ but curious about going through pinball refinery instead

#141 9 years ago

I'm curious what the metallic side-art is gonna look like, that should be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, as a current owner of the original release I'm totally not upset by this re-release (like some original MM owners are). I never had intentions to sell mine, so even if resale value goes down I don't really care. What WILL piss me off (and about 800 other people) though is if this re-release has updated code and they don't do the same for the original model.

#142 9 years ago

I feel so bad for all of the hoarders of these NIB pinball games that sit there and collect dust for years. Get real!!!!!

Sorry guys but I am a real pinball player and an actual collector and these re-releases are good for the pinball community as a whole... I have no sympathy for anyone who is hoarding games for profit or expecting to buy a machine so they can flip it and make a huge profit.

I do agree if Stern continues to produce LE games that those must be untouchable for re-release because they have commited to limited runs on those and certain indivauls have paid the premium on these to be the select few that have them.

For me having an LE is all about ego, I want the best and I want a machine that very few have that is why I paid the premium to get it, not because I want to flip it for a huge return.

#143 9 years ago

They probably would not be rerunning IM if Mustang were selling better.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The IM owners made it very clear, especially on this forum, how awesome IM is and if you do not have one, like they do, you need to get one......for a price.

I've had mine for years and never did this ^

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

"we're ONLY going to make 3500 of this game" and then sell ALL of them in a heartbeat. Hellllllllooooo.

Yeah and then rerun them in a couple years and make more monies. Hellllooooo

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You can sell MORE if you make LESS eh? New math I assume....
Well, obviously your completely wrong.... lol.
Perhaps what you MEANT to say is you can sell (fewer) machines at a higher price if you artificially restrict the supply.

This is harder than rocket science for you isn't it?

Stern made/sold roughly 1100 IM's. I'm saying, if they had come out originally and said "we're only going to make 2500 of these games" then they would have sold all 2500 in a heartbeat. 2500 is more than 1100 (FYI). All they have to do is declare each game as a limited run. Forget calling anything a "limited edition" ... forget creating multiple versions (Pro, Premium, lE, etc.) of any given game and just declare up front how many will be made. I honestly think they would sell more. They can use the collecting angle to their advantage instead of trying to fight it.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I feel so bad for all of the hoarders of these NIB pinball games that sit there and collect dust for years. Get real!!!!!
Sorry guys but I am a real pinball player and an actual collector and these re-releases are good for the pinball comunity as a whole... I have no sympathy for anyone who is hoarding games for profit or expecting to buy a machine so they can flip it and make a huge profit.

Agree 100%.

Quoted from pins4life33:

I do agree if Stern continues to produce LE games that those must be untouchable for re-release because they have commited to limited runs on those and certain indivauls have paid the premium on these to be the select few that have them.

Yup, to get away with that type of scam they'd have to call them by some really new and interesting name... like a Ruby Red Iron Man....

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

#149 9 years ago

Well folks IM is a $4700 game

NIB!

Wonder if used remakes will hit $3900 in a year or three?

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Bingo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.