you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

But, but... this is like a trained bear wearing a really, really, funny hat.

navajas are you getting IM?

#802 9 years ago

Are we having fun yet ??? I enjoyed reading the responses to my posts.....thanks for some good laughs.

I have been away way too long (didn't want anyone to worry about my health so figured I would make a few posts....LOL). BTW, I do believe that Robin has 2 servers now dedicated to HOP posts not one as one poster pointed out.

Don't worry I will be back in full force on a more regular basis this Winter.......time to pack up and leave for a long weekend.....hopefully, I will not be missed too much in my absence. If any of my "fans" (they know who they are) miss me please feel free to send me an e-mail as I don't want any pinsiders to have "HOP WITHDRAWAL".....LOL.

Everyone have a fun fourth filled with good food and plenty of alcoholic beverages....time for me to make myself one and get the long weekend started a little early.

#803 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Everyone have a fun fourth filled with good food and plenty of alcoholic beverages....time for me to make myself one and get the long weekend started a little early.

Thank you. May a bottle rocket hit you squarely in the buttocks. (You live of course and come back another day to torment us all.)

#804 9 years ago

Any chance of this thread getting back on topic???? FFS!

#805 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Any chance of this thread getting back on topic???? FFS!

Yes Back on Topic

5244159_orig.jpg5244159_orig.jpg

#806 9 years ago

Spoke with Joe at Laseriffic in case you did not know he will be remaking IM toppers from his website. Anyone have pictures of their topper on an IM they really like?

#807 9 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

Spoke with Joe at Laseriffic in case you did not know he will be remaking IM toppers from his website. Anyone have pictures of their topper on an IM they really like?

"We LOVE YOU Mantra!!!"

- The girls in the post above

#808 9 years ago

image-479.jpgimage-479.jpg

#809 9 years ago

pick me, i want to be reckless

#810 9 years ago

well i tried

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#812 9 years ago

Yea yea....pull on that rod....

Wha woah what the hell happened, I blacked out there for a minute.

#813 9 years ago

only a minute !?
ouch, you're "quick"...

#814 9 years ago

But it was one hell of a minute!!!

#815 9 years ago

This picture was posted in another thread...

Notice the yellow border around the cabinet artwork and the chrome trim (at least it appears to be chrome).

Did Stern make changes to the IMVE since last week?

iron-man.jpgiron-man.jpg

#816 9 years ago

looks like IM Classic

#817 9 years ago

Looks like you're right. I've never seen pictures of an IM Classic before

The image didn't return any results on google image search so it appeared to be a new image.

#818 9 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

This picture was posted in another thread...
Notice the yellow border around the cabinet artwork and the chrome trim (at least it appears to be chrome).
Did Stern make changes to the IMVE since last week?

iron-man.jpg 36 KB

OH NO!!! Why did they leave the bottom part of the cabinet looking like regular wood???

#819 9 years ago

Lol. Are they only making ten of these now? Looks like the price of originals just went back up

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't view pinball machines as investments. I do view them as art...certainly not a Picasso, more like "pop art". Don't know why you give a crap about how others view pinball machines. I view my car/home as art. Does that upset you too?
Your assertion that continuing to simply build more pinball machines is good for the hobby is silly. Successful car manufacturers try hard not to flood the market with too many cars. Over supply isn't good for them, and it isn't good for resale. Just because an asset is depreciating, shouldn't imply it needs to depreciate at an accelerated rate.

Very well said, Steve!

Over production is never good in any hobby- especially when the manufacturer is constantly raising prices. There are PLENTY of stern titles that are worth a fraction of their NIB price, so a couple that have held their value is a good thing IMO.

FWIW, I know a lot of guys that used to buy every new stern title NIB up until a few games ago, and every single one of them hasn't bought the last few titles and has no plans on buying anything in the future also due to how Stern is doing things.

#821 9 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Very well said, Steve!

Thanks Eric!

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

looks like IM Classic

I agree. Won't be surprised if the new monger/toys look cheap as well. Love Stern's products, but it's clear they don't focus on aesthetics @ the lower price points.

I'm trying to sell this beauty, and the IM VE fanboys are trying to tell me my price is unreasonable. When IM VE is unveiled in all it's glory, I can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-im-nplle-nimblepin-luxurious-limited-edition

#822 9 years ago

And those blacks! If you can even call them blacks anymore at Stern! Stern can't even reproduce the color black anymore, I'm told.

#823 9 years ago

I hope those are the old classics as I do not like the look of those at all if they are a VE

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OH NO!!! Why did they leave the bottom part of the cabinet looking like regular wood???

btw, now i understand why & how my NIB MET was wrapped/damaged at that particular place, at the wood stuck at the back...

#825 9 years ago

What's that panel on the back? Doesn't look like an original. But I don't see the problem. It looks like an IM to me.

Breaking News: my original IM still playing and looking AWESOME!

#826 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What's that panel on the back? Doesn't look like an original. But I don't see the problem. It looks like an IM to me.
Breaking News: my original IM still playing and looking AWESOME!

I believe that panel is the lower cost locking system for the backbox/head.

#827 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm trying to sell this beauty, and the IM VE fanboys are trying to tell me my price is unreasonable. When IM VE is unveiled in all it's glory, I can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison

sourgrapes.jpgsourgrapes.jpg

#828 9 years ago

That picture does not make sense I believe its a Classic shot.
First off the factory these days are packed with people secondly the new IMr is slated to have the new lower and metal upper design with the tilted DMD.
Hopping for the best...if this is it - not happy.

#829 9 years ago

I am not worried. That picture is years old.

#830 9 years ago

Eggbert!...was that supposed to be me??

me g.jpgme g.jpg
#831 9 years ago

That is an old picture for sure. the backbox is not the metal one. You guys are worrying for no reason! even if this was a current photo I would still be happy with one LOL

Rob

#832 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

That is an old picture for sure. the backbox is not the metal one. You guys are worrying for no reason! even if this was a current photo I would still be happy with one LOL
Rob

I took the picture into our local science lab and put it under the JEM-3100F microscope and the box towards the left has a date of 12/7/2010. Also, the guy in the picture is wearing Dickies just in case anyone was wondering.

I think we are all OK.

#833 9 years ago

That photo is so old...

How old is it?

it's so old, back then people were paying for WoZ games that they still haven't received.

#835 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That photo is so old...
How old is it?

It's SO old... Dorothy is still waiting to post a picture with Toto and her machine to put in the dog thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.