you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
#751 9 years ago

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt LED boards would be color-matched for inserts. Holding out hope that we get sockets, so I can easily remove some of the cold whites. Although I don't think Iron Man has many (any?) yellow inserts, which look the worst with cold white.

#752 9 years ago

ST pro has sockets. I have changed a bunch of them. *some* boards in there but mainly sockets.

#753 9 years ago

Wow....I have been away for awhile and I just found out IM is being remade. I own a nice one (traded for an AC/DC NIB a year ago....LOL). However, surprise, surprise. I got much grief months ago for saying prices had to fall and that they should fall as these aren't true collectibles like a PICASSO painting (hey, PICASSO cant come back to life and repaint one of his masterpieces....LOL).

Now Pinball is behaving like a "true hobby" and anyone buying pins for ridiculous amounts now can see the risk if they are doing it as an "investment". Buyers going forward are going to be more cautious now about possible remakes of any pin and this will effect the prices on most (if not all) pins. I said it many times and told people to keep the latest pinball price guide as I felt that would be the top (since it reflects 2013 prices) and it most likely will be.

For a lot of us the price depreciation is not a big deal (trust me contrary to "public opinion" I wouldn't have complained if prices went up but felt strongly that would not be the case) as most people I know don't tell their wives "honey my pinball collection will never go down in value"....for those that do it will be funny to see if they come clean with their wives down the road....LOL !!!

Well back to boating and golf.....HOP hasn't posted in awhile but the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated !!! HOP is still loving life and life is treating me well....BTW, everyone should be happy as the stock market should be making up for anyone's losses in their pinball collection as it should only be a small part of anyone's net worth !!!! So who cares if pins go down 20 or 30 percent when the market is going up 10-30 percent every year which for ANYONE able to afford multiple NIB pins they should have tons of money in real investments to make up for the slight depreciation of their expensive pinball collection !!! Called being "prudent with your money"......which most pinsiders I know are !!!

Glad I never planned to sell my IM !!!! I love it !!! So for me it was worth $6K ....hey, what do you lose when you drive a new car off the lot.....A LOT more then $1K or $2K so people need to get used to the "new world" of pinball prices.....what did people think they would go up forever !!! Yes, even the stock market will CRASH again....only difference is over time the market will give you a nice return.....pinball machines as INVESTMENTS are DONE.

I can only hope they make a black SM, TRON LE and some of the other ridiculously priced pins !!!! Buyer beware going forward should be the new way people think when they pay more then the original price a pin sold for !!! Hey, I have done it but only on a few occasions knowing that most likely I would never get my money back (but the Caps and Wizards don't give me my money back either I go to the games and have fun and it cost me a ton of money for season tickets but who cares it is called "entertainment" and "FUN ISN'T CHEAP").

Take care.....HOP.......I will be back in full force this winter as always but it is good to know I was right about 2013 being the top of pinball prices.....HOP is a lot of things but he has always been forward looking and anyone should have seen this bubble forming as prices can't go up 10-20 percent every year on a "piece of technology"......hopefully, they will remake every great title and let prices fall on CC, MB, AFM, etc. etc.

#754 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Wow....I have been away for awhile and I just found out IM is being remade. I own a nice one (traded for an AC/DC NIB a year ago....LOL). However, surprise, surprise. I got much grief months ago for saying prices had to fall and that they should fall as these aren't true collectibles like a PICASSO painting (hey, PICASSO cant come back to life and repaint one of his masterpieces....LOL).
Now Pinball is behaving like a "true hobby" and anyone buying pins for ridiculous amounts now can see the risk if they are doing it as an "investment". Buyers going forward are going to be more cautious now about possible remakes of any pin and this will effect the prices on most (if not all) pins. I said it many times and told people to keep the latest pinball price guide as I felt that would be the top (since it reflects 2013 prices) and it most likely will be.
For a lot of us the price depreciation is not a big deal (trust me contrary to "public opinion" I wouldn't have complained if prices went up but felt strongly that would not be the case) as most people I know don't tell their wives "honey my pinball collection will never go down in value"....for those that do it will be funny to see if they come clean with their wives down the road....LOL !!!
Well back to boating and golf.....HOP hasn't posted in awhile but the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated !!! HOP is still loving life and life is treating me well....BTW, everyone should be happy as the stock market should be making up for anyone's losses in their pinball collection as it should only be a small part of anyone's net worth !!!! So who cares if pins go down 20 or 30 percent when the market is going up 10-30 percent every year which for ANYONE able to afford multiple NIB pins they should have tons of money in real investments to make up for the slight depreciation of their expensive pinball collection !!! Called being "prudent with your money"......which most pinsiders I know are !!!
Glad I never planned to sell my IM !!!! I love it !!! So for me it was worth $6K ....hey, what do you lose when you drive a new car off the lot.....A LOT more then $1K or $2K so people need to get used to the "new world" of pinball prices.....what did people think they would go up forever !!! Yes, even the stock market will CRASH again....only difference is over time the market will give you a nice return.....pinball machines as INVESTMENTS are DONE.
I can only hope they make a black SM, TRON LE and some of the other ridiculously priced pins !!!! Buyer beware going forward should be the new way people think when they pay more then the original price a pin sold for !!! Hey, I have done it but only on a few occasions knowing that most likely I would never get my money back (but the Caps and Wizards don't give me my money back either I go to the games and have fun and it cost me a ton of money for season tickets but who cares it is called "entertainment" and "FUN ISN'T CHEAP").
Take care.....HOP.......I will be back in full force this winter as always but it is good to know I was right about 2013 being the top of pinball prices.....HOP is a lot of things but he has always been forward looking and anyone should have seen this bubble forming as prices can't go up 10-20 percent every year on a "piece of technology"......hopefully, they will remake every great title and let prices fall on CC, MB, AFM, etc. etc.

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

..it is good to know I was right..

2014-07-01-14-26-27-1931430570.jpeg2014-07-01-14-26-27-1931430570.jpeg

#756 9 years ago

Oh my God, yes, 1000 times YES!

#757 9 years ago

Just read the entire thread this morning. Truly, too funny. If a NIB IM is now $5,100 delivered without shaker motor and upgraded speaker system (which I feel are must haves) and you just add those two items you are at $5,500. What "cry babies" even if you paid $5.5K for your IM a month ago it has gone down probably $1,000 and will still fetch approximately $4,500 (assuming it is in great shape with shaker and upgraded speakers).....

The guys that open their NIB making them HUO will lose $350 anyway and will be lucky to get $4,750 or so after they open their NIB as it will be an HUO......so they lose some money as well is my point once they open it....

Again, it is a "hobby"......so the market for old IM's went down a grand or a little more....WHO CARES !!!! Anyone that does shouldn't be in the hobby in my opinion. People need to stop second guessing their purchases. Buy a home, stock, car, etc. and most likely you could always get a better "buy point" so the same just happened with IM. Hey, it happened with AC/DC premium (and yes I bought one of those NIB.....LOL). Would have been better to wait and save some money by buying a HUO after LUCI came out.

BOTTOMLINE.....HOPEFULLY, this helps stop SPECULATION which has been much needed and as far as I am concerned over the LONG HAUL that will save all of us A LOT OF MONEY to make up for any losses we may have on pins in our collection that are re-made. GREAT FOR THE TRUE HOBBYISTS.....it SUCKS for the INVESTORS and people that have been making money flipping PINS. I have always said "they are among us and make money off of us" and this will help alleviate that issue.

THE MET LE to me was the best. That was when I told myself the "top is really near".....I saw people buying MET LE's from pinsiders for $1K-$1.5K more then what the pinsider paid weeks before and they never even had to take possession of the pin.....people were paying $9Kish for a MET LE that didn't get one through the order process !!!! How is that good for the hobby ? It needed to stop and selling CC's, MM's, MB's, etc for those ridiculous prices.....that bubble needed to let some air out of it as well.

So anyone with an IM that lost $1K think about the money you will save in the future and ask yourself "is this really bad for the hobby if it stops prices from going up on used pins 10-20 percent a year like they were"....again, INVEST IN STOCKS, REAL ESTATE, FINE ART, etc. and PLAY AND ENJOY BOATS, CARS, and PINBALL MACHINES....PINBALL MACHINES ARE NO LONGER AN INVESTMENT AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN !!!! Hopefully, this nonsense is stopping finally and people will view PINBALL MACHINES as a true depreciable asset and not a PICASSO PAINTING !!!!

Well, HOP is going to play a round of golf and laugh with his friends about this as they always get a kick out of my pinball stories and the mentality of some of the people who buy them......

Good luck to all.

#758 9 years ago

I like to play pinball; I bought an IMve to play pinball.

#759 9 years ago

HOP - Dan, you miss a lot in a few weeks. So, the new IM (real) cost is more like $4800 (+/-) depending on dealer. Shaker is $150 not sure you need upgrade speakers on any pin, but I throw in a $100 sub and playfield support $50. Looking at $5100 for a brand new IM when people were asking for $5800 for lightly routed old IM or $7000 (insane) for a NIB old IM.

So the new IM VE represents a value when compared to used market.

I *was* going to buy a Metallica pin, but the IM theme was by far my favorite so I switched over to that pin.

Now as far as Stern remaking Black SM or Tron LE or ACDC BIB won't happen, those are not being remade and unlikely for them to make Tron premium with some Tron LE features, although that might make sense or to make a new SM with new art (but not Black SM ever again). But IMO Stern is smart enough to make a slightly improved version like Luci or like IM VE.

IMO Stern is correct to go after the bottom of the market (ie. $4800 for a pro) they can sell volume take the wind out of the sails (sales) of company like JJP which is having trouble making complex and expensive pin like WoZ. Now they have Stern undercutting WoZ by $3000 with IM and what happens if LOTR VE comes in close to $3000 cheaper than The Hobbit plus the ability to make 500 pins in a month? Competition works both ways.

#760 9 years ago

alrighty.jpgalrighty.jpg

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

ST Pro & Mustang Pro has light boards .. I heard over the week-end that the VE will have Light boards installed also ..
This could be bad & Good , ( Good if the Leds are color'd to match the insert ) not as Good if NOT !!
But , I don't care ,, I just want IM back in the GRG ...

I guess u mean the color changers on st pro. Those are led boards. Don't recall if mustang pro has any color changers. IM does not for sure. On the tour they were attaching all the socket bracket thingies. Not color matched for sure.

#762 9 years ago

Rai and Hop live in Maryland . You guys need to get together : )

#763 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Well, HOP is going to play a round of golf and laugh with his friends about this as they always get a kick out of my pinball stories and the mentality of some of the people who buy them......

Oh brother.

#764 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

INVEST IN STOCKS

With the HOP back in town I'd invest in ellipses and shift keys if I could.

God. I get to watch Argentina and the USMNT today, plus, read sheets and sheets of HOP posts. I can't get the smile of my face.

#765 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rai and Hop live in Maryland . You guys need to get together : )

We've met. Hop is usually on his yacht during the summer months.

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We all owe HOP a debt of gratitude for taking time to come and talk to us little people.
(The dudes debt free you know)

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Navajas wins thread.

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

boat.jpgboat.jpg

Where is he??....oh wait...I see him.

#769 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We've met...

what's metallica is doing here, and btw i also got one !

#770 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Wow....I have been away for awhile

...and it was lovely. The stink of vomit had finally cleared up.

#771 9 years ago

image-822.jpgimage-822.jpg

#773 9 years ago

Funny, I kept looking for the bottom line and it was nowhere to be found, even in the four additional paragraphs (!?!?) that followed.

#774 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Just read the entire thread this morning. Truly, too funny. If a NIB IM is now $5,100 delivered without shaker motor and upgraded speaker system (which I feel are must haves) and you just add those two items you are at $5,500. What "cry babies" even if you paid $5.5K for your IM a month ago it has gone down probably $1,000 and will still fetch approximately $4,500 (assuming it is in great shape with shaker and upgraded speakers).....
The guys that open their NIB making them HUO will lose $350 anyway and will be lucky to get $4,750 or so after they open their NIB as it will be an HUO......so they lose some money as well is my point once they open it....
Again, it is a "hobby"......so the market for old IM's went down a grand or a little more....WHO CARES !!!! Anyone that does shouldn't be in the hobby in my opinion. People need to stop second guessing their purchases. Buy a home, stock, car, etc. and most likely you could always get a better "buy point" so the same just happened with IM. Hey, it happened with AC/DC premium (and yes I bought one of those NIB.....LOL). Would have been better to wait and save some money by buying a HUO after LUCI came out.
BOTTOMLINE.....HOPEFULLY, this helps stop SPECULATION which has been much needed and as far as I am concerned over the LONG HAUL that will save all of us A LOT OF MONEY to make up for any losses we may have on pins in our collection that are re-made. GREAT FOR THE TRUE HOBBYISTS.....it SUCKS for the INVESTORS and people that have been making money flipping PINS. I have always said "they are among us and make money off of us" and this will help alleviate that issue.
THE MET LE to me was the best. That was when I told myself the "top is really near".....I saw people buying MET LE's from pinsiders for $1K-$1.5K more then what the pinsider paid weeks before and they never even had to take possession of the pin.....people were paying $9Kish for a MET LE that didn't get one through the order process !!!! How is that good for the hobby ? It needed to stop and selling CC's, MM's, MB's, etc for those ridiculous prices.....that bubble needed to let some air out of it as well.
So anyone with an IM that lost $1K think about the money you will save in the future and ask yourself "is this really bad for the hobby if it stops prices from going up on used pins 10-20 percent a year like they were"....again, INVEST IN STOCKS, REAL ESTATE, FINE ART, etc. and PLAY AND ENJOY BOATS, CARS, and PINBALL MACHINES....PINBALL MACHINES ARE NO LONGER AN INVESTMENT AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN !!!! Hopefully, this nonsense is stopping finally and people will view PINBALL MACHINES as a true depreciable asset and not a PICASSO PAINTING !!!!
Good luck to all.

I don't know what's more unsettling.. The rambling or the fact you talk about yourself in 3rd person

#775 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I don't know what's more unsettling.. The rambling or the fact you talk about yourself in 3rd person

#776 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I tried to invest in quotation marks, but HOP cornered the market.

#777 9 years ago

_

Yacht 2007 delivery.jpgYacht 2007 delivery.jpg Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpgYacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
#778 9 years ago

As always, the point was missed and personal attacks had to "rule the day". Doesn't matter.....life is good and for a lot of you keep "investing in pinball machines" and see where that gets you. Prices will continue to drop for a long time and hopefully weed out the SPECULATORS from the TRUE HOBBYISTS.

Hopefully, they will re-make every overpriced title so people get the chance to play the titles they want rather then having to pay ridiculous prices just so some greedy people can make a buck. Stern did the right thing and figured they would make the money rather then let the individual make it.

I am so tired of the term "collectors" in this hobby. Lets see do people who buy TV's and Phones call themselves "collectors". Again, this is TECHNOLOGY not FINE ART.....maybe when people start to understand the difference they will understand why prices should fall not rise. Nobody expects that the IPHONE 6 they will be buying in a few months to go up in value a year later. You invest in the stock not by buying 100 IPHONE 6's and hoping they go up in value. Well at least that is what I have been doing !!! Same holds true for pinball machines....you buy them to have fun and should NEVER view them as part of your net worth but I know many do so they get upset when remakes come out rather then seeing the GOOD THIS DOES FOR THE HOBBY.

These newer pinball machines if the technology would ever grow by leaps and bounds would drop so fast in value it would make your head spin (lets see what do EM's sell for). So everyone can convince themselves they a pinball machine is a "collectible" like paintings, stamps, coins, etc. etc......guess EM's were "collectibles" as well.....we all know how well that worked out and the same will someday happen to the newer pinball machines of today.....just give it a little more time in my opinion. All bubbles eventually burst and this one has finally started.....and trust me I own 12 of them myself (most of them newer Sterns).

Look how quickly the value dropped on IM and MM as well as the value on other pins (since there is concern some others will be remade). This was a "bubble" and continues to be and I tried to point this out a year ago but hey I am a "newbie" so what did I know. All I know is I continued to buy when I knew it was a "bubble"....why "because I could"....isn't my retirement funds but for some people who think someday they will sell all or part of their collection to fund their retirement (trust me there are more out there they you think) those people need to start to understand the risk of loss on these machines. However, they will keep telling their wives "honey, let me buy another $7K pin as look at all the money I have made so far".....LOL !!!! Got to love those guys !!!! Better yet got to love the wives who are foolish enough to allow them to make $5K-$10K purchases knowing the current value of the pinball machine collection hubby has is more then he has in his 401 K.......

Enough posting for awhile......back to enjoying my summer. It was nice to see some of my "long time pinside friends" have continued to rack up the pinside points at a very impressive pace and continue to make pinside the main part of their existence. Kinda like one of my kids who last month had 22,000 texts.....I just shake my head in amazement and even ponder how 22,000 texts are possible !!! No different then I wonder how certain posters can accumulate so many pinside points but I guess living on here is how many of them define their life....I would rather get out and enjoy the day and nights.....see you guys when the weather gets colder but since I just landed 8 Washington Wizard season tickets to go with my 8 Washington Capitals season tickets (gives me something to do in the Winter) I will probably not spend as much time on here as last Winter to share my views on current pinball issues.....both the Capitals and Wizards should be improved and make for a fun Winter. Hey, a guy with nothing to do every day has to find ways to keep himself busy !!! I think I need to find a few more hobbies. Life is too short to not enjoy it and I never enjoyed getting up early everyday and going to work. Maybe if I had invested in pinball machines early on rather then real estate and stocks I wouldn't have had to work all the way to 49 (promised myself at 18 I would be done before 50 since I wasn't going to take a chance I would live much passed 70 and retiring at 65 or 67 just didn't give me enough time to really enjoy life since none of us live forever.....never understood with life so short why 67 is the new retirement age that was acceptable in this country....doesn't seem to give you much time to really enjoy life in my opinion....they will probably move it to 70 soon)......some of us just are too stupid to see that pinball machines are the best investments around....LOL. To think I thought they were just assets that depreciated and were bought to play and enjoy !!! I feel so stupid for thinking that....LOL !!!

To my "pinside friends" keep bashing HOP.....I truly just shake my head and laugh now (it keeps me from getting banned). Many on here know me personally and they could assure you I just get a kick out of most of "my pinside fans" as life is always GREAT FOR HOP.....everyone enjoy your 4th (yes even you RAREHERO)....I will be at the beach drinking brews while some of you will be posting all weekend racking up points. You never know pinball prices may come back a little this weekend since pinball machines are "true collectibles".....maybe it is finally time to sell the PICASSO and DAVINCI and buy more pinball machines.....LOL !!! Unfortunately, I don't own a Picasso or DaVinci.....maybe someday !!!

#779 9 years ago

Nope..the HOP owns stocks..not bubbles like pinball..nothing can go wrong here..
sg2014070232057.gifsg2014070232057.gif

#780 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

As always, the point was missed and personal attacks had to "rule the day". Doesn't matter.....life is good and for a lot of you keep "investing in pinball machines" and see where that gets you. Prices will continue to drop for a long time and hopefully weed out the SPECULATORS from the TRUE HOBBYISTS.
Hopefully, they will re-make every overpriced title so people get the chance to play the titles they want rather then having to pay ridiculous prices just so some greedy people can make a buck. Stern did the right thing and figured they would make the money rather then let the individual make it.
I am so tired of the term "collectors" in this hobby. Lets see do people who buy TV's and Phones call themselves "collectors". Again, this is TECHNOLOGY not FINE ART.....maybe when people start to understand the difference they will understand why prices should fall not rise. Nobody expects that the IPHONE 6 they will be buying in a few months to go up in value a year later. You invest in the stock not by buying 100 IPHONE 6's and hoping they go up in value. Well at least that is what I have been doing !!! Same holds true for pinball machines....you buy them to have fun and should NEVER view them as part of your net worth but I know many do so they get upset when remakes come out rather then seeing the GOOD THIS DOES FOR THE HOBBY.
These newer pinball machines if the technology would ever grow by leaps and bounds would drop so fast in value it would make your head spin (lets see what do EM's sell for). So everyone can convince themselves they a pinball machine is a "collectible" like paintings, stamps, coins, etc. etc......guess EM's were "collectibles" as well.....we all know how well that worked out and the same will someday happen to the newer pinball machines of today.....just give it a little more time in my opinion. All bubbles eventually burst and this one has finally started.....and trust me I own 12 of them myself (most of them newer Sterns).
Look how quickly the value dropped on IM and MM as well as the value on other pins (since there is concern some others will be remade). This was a "bubble" and continues to be and I tried to point this out a year ago but hey I am a "newbie" so what did I know. All I know is I continued to buy when I knew it was a "bubble"....why "because I could"....isn't my retirement funds but for some people who think someday they will sell all or part of their collection to fund their retirement (trust me there are more out there they you think) those people need to start to understand the risk of loss on these machines. However, they will keep telling their wives "honey, let me buy another $7K pin as look at all the money I have made so far".....LOL !!!! Got to love those guys !!!! Better yet got to love the wives who are foolish enough to allow them to make $5K-$10K purchases knowing the current value of the pinball machine collection hubby has is more then he has in his 401 K.......
Enough posting for awhile......back to enjoying my summer. It was nice to see some of my "long time pinside friends" have continued to rack up the pinside points at a very impressive pace and continue to make pinside the main part of their existence. Kinda like one of my kids who last month had 22,000 texts.....I just shake my head in amazement and even ponder how 22,000 texts are possible !!! No different then I wonder how certain posters can accumulate so many pinside points but I guess living on here is how many of them define their life....I would rather get out and enjoy the day and nights.....see you guys when the weather gets colder but since I just landed 8 more Washington Wizard season tickets to go with my 8 Washington Capitals season tickets (gives me something to do in the Winter) I will probably not have as much time as last year.....both teams should be improved and make for a fun Winter. Hey, I guy with nothing to do every day has to find ways to keep himself busy !!! I think I need to find a few more hobbies. Life is too short to not enjoy it and I never enjoyed getting up early everyday and going to work. Maybe if I had invested in pinball machines rather then real estate and stocks I wouldn't have had to work until 49 (promised myself at 18 I would be done before 50 since I wasn't going to take a chance I would live much passed 70 and retiring at 65 or 67 just didn't give me enough time to really enjoy life since none of us live forever.....never understood with life so short why 67 is the new retirement age that was acceptable in this country....doesn't seem to give you much time to really enjoy life in my opinion....they will probably move it to 70 soon)......some of us just are too stupid to see that pinball machines are the best investments around....LOL. To think I thought they were just assets that depreciated and were bought to play and enjoy !!! I feel so stupid for thinking that....LOL !!!
To my "pinside friends" keep bashing HOP.....I truly just shake my head and laugh now (it keeps me from getting banned). Many on here know me personally and they could assure you I just get a kick out of most of "my pinside fans" as life is always GREAT FOR HOP.....everyone enjoy your 4th (yes even you RAREHERO)....I will be at the beach drinking brews while some of you will be posting all weekend racking up points. You never know pinball prices may come back a little this weekend since pinball machines are "true collectibles".....maybe it is finally time to sell the PICASSO and DAVINCI and buy more pinball machines.....LOL !!! Unfortunately, I don't own a Picasso or DaVinci.....maybe someday !!!

I don't view pinball machines as investments. I do view them as art...certainly not a Picasso, more like "pop art". Don't know why you give a crap about how others view pinball machines. I view my car/home as art. Does that upset you too?

Your assertion that continuing to simply build more pinball machines is good for the hobby is silly. Successful car manufacturers try hard not to flood the market with too many cars. Over supply isn't good for them, and it isn't good for resale. Just because an asset is depreciating, shouldn't imply it needs to depreciate at an accelerated rate.

#781 9 years ago

Go away HOP and don't come back, also go Oilers!!!

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't view pinball machines as investments. I do view them as art...certainly not a Picasso, more like "pop art". Don't know why you give a crap about how others view pinball machines. I view my car/home as art. Does that upset you too?
Your assertion that continuing to simply build more pinball machines is good for the hobby is silly. Successful car manufacturers try hard not to flood the market with too many cars. Over supply isn't good for them, and it isn't good for resale. Just because an asset is depreciating, shouldn't imply it needs to depreciate at an accelerated rate.

Wow, well said!

#783 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Enough posting for awhile......back to enjoying my summer. It was nice to see some of my "long time pinside friends" have continued to rack up the pinside points at a very impressive pace and continue to make pinside the main part of their existence. Kinda like one of my kids who last month had 22,000 texts.....I just shake my head in amazement and even ponder how 22,000 texts are possible !!! No different then I wonder how certain posters can accumulate so many pinside points but I guess living on here is how many of them define their life....I would rather get out and enjoy the day and nights.....see you guys when the weather gets colder but since I just landed 8 Washington Wizard season tickets to go with my 8 Washington Capitals season tickets (gives me something to do in the Winter) I will probably not spend as much time on here as last Winter to share my views on current pinball issues.....both the Capitals and Wizards should be improved and make for a fun Winter. Hey, a guy with nothing to do every day has to find ways to keep himself busy !!! I think I need to find a few more hobbies. Life is too short to not enjoy it and I never enjoyed getting up early everyday and going to work. Maybe if I had invested in pinball machines early on rather then real estate and stocks I wouldn't have had to work all the way to 49 (promised myself at 18 I would be done before 50 since I wasn't going to take a chance I would live much passed 70 and retiring at 65 or 67 just didn't give me enough time to really enjoy life since none of us live forever.....never understood with life so short why 67 is the new retirement age that was acceptable in this country....doesn't seem to give you much time to really enjoy life in my opinion....they will probably move it to 70 soon)......some of us just are too stupid to see that pinball machines are the best investments around....LOL. To think I thought they were just assets that depreciated and were bought to play and enjoy !!! I feel so stupid for thinking that....LOL !!!

...you lost me at..."As always.....

#784 9 years ago

Not sure what all the hoopla is about, all I keep seeing is "Ignored user comment".

#786 9 years ago

Where's pics of new Toys ?

#787 9 years ago

houseofgin assumes that everyone else here is putting all of their nest egg money into pins. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

#789 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

houseofgin assumes that everyone else here is putting all of their nest egg money into pins. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

He also assumes we want to read his overly long, arrogant, hypocritical and repetitive rants....and that anyone on planet Earth likes him.

#790 9 years ago

It's one thing to have an opinion hop, right or wrong, but it's another thing to constantly throw it in everyone's face. You haven't learned that lesson yet apparently.

#791 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure what all the hoopla is about, all I keep seeing is "Ignored user comment".

i was wondering what the fudge a HOP was and then it dawned on me.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

#793 9 years ago

Pinside has 11 servers...two dedicated to House of Pin's posts.

#794 9 years ago

HOP I think it's time you get back to your Yacht
image-387.jpgimage-387.jpg

#795 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Well back to boating and golf.....HOP hasn't posted in awhile but the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated !!! HOP is still loving life and life is treating me well....

You my arrogant friend are a cantaloupe. Had to be said. Oh wait...let me refer to myself in the 3rd person to get my point across better.....CyberGoonie is sooooo rich I've got a suit made out of Gold Mastercards. YOUNG MONEY CASH MONEY BILLIONAIRES 4 LIFE. Now Cyber has got to get back in his dental chair...CG is having his new platinum Grill with diamonds installed!

youre-a-cantaloupe.jpgyoure-a-cantaloupe.jpg

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

(promised myself at 18 I would be done before 50 since I wasn't going to take a chance I would live much passed 70 and retiring at 65 or 67 just didn't give me enough time to really enjoy life since none of us live forever.....never understood with life so short why 67 is the new retirement age that was acceptable in this country....doesn't seem to give you much time to really enjoy life in my opinion....they will probably move it to 70 soon)

One thing I just love is that you actually remembered to close this parenthetical. I'd think most people would forget after the third or fourth line.

#797 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

One thing I just love is that you actually remembered to close this parenthetical. I'd think most people would forget after the third or fourth line.

that's a good point.

#798 9 years ago

If you'd all ignore him instead of 2 pages of follow up after every post he'd probably go away, you all just keep poking the bear and making him post novels again and again.

#799 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If you'd all ignore him instead of 2 pages of follow up after every post he'd probably go away, you all just keep poking the bear and making him post novels again and again.

I feel like i'm being trolled because I keep coming back to this thread hoping for a few more IM VE photos and its just constant bickering.

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

But, but... this is like a trained bear wearing a really, really, funny hat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.