you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
#651 9 years ago

Anyone know if IM is selling out in toronto

#652 9 years ago

When do you get real pics of the game? Is there a new flyer?

#653 9 years ago

Should be pics out today as IM hits the line at Stern

#655 9 years ago

why would there be pics? Did Stern release a flyer and pics every time they reran LOTR? if they did, there would be like 12 flyers out there. Same with TSPP.

#656 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would there be pics? Did Stern release a flyer and pics every time they reran LOTR? if they did, there would be like 12 flyers out there. Same with TSPP.

There are a few new things added to this run that I'm interested in seeing as well. Mostly the molded figures and how the stock LEDs look. I don't think they changed the backbox, lighting, toys, cab decals, on the reruns you mention so there is a reason to be interested.

#657 9 years ago

i guess, but I hate how everyone has to have every little detail revealed as it happens. It's like a 9 year old that can't wait for xmas. Just wait and be surprised for once.

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i guess, but I hate how everyone has to have every little detail revealed as it happens. It's like a 9 year old that can't wait for xmas. Just wait and be surprised for once.

This is probably my first NIB so I want every detail

#659 9 years ago

Or you could wait until the reveal, and be like, " wow that's awesome..i'm ready to buy one now"....or it could go, " that's it? Glad I waited to buy".

#660 9 years ago

Ordered one tonight ! looking forward to this one. It was my favorite game at the PHOF in Vegas! Something about it that it really pumped up my adrenaline. Could not leave it alone! Thank you Stern for the remake!

Rob

#661 9 years ago

I am an IM owner and have been an advocate for years.

It would still bug me to not know what the toys or LED's look like on this new one prior to shelling out the cash. I don't think its too much to ask.

But since Stern can sell out without potenially having people rethink their purchase due to actually being able to see it and make an educated decision, I guess I am the one out of touch

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am an IM owner and have been an advocate for years.
It would still bug me to not know what the toys or LED's look like on this new one prior to shelling out the cash. I don't think its too much to ask.
But since Stern can sell out without potenially having people rethink their purchase due to actually being able to see it and make an educated decision, I guess I am the one out of touch

The molded toys will not look as good, but I assume you can replace them. At least monger has a chest light.

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Or you could wait until the reveal, and be like, " wow that's awesome..i'm ready to buy one now"....or it could go, " that's it? Glad I waited to buy".

It doesn't work out like that when the product sells out before pics are released. If you wanted one (for a reasonable price), you had to pull the trigger before pics. So it is reasonable for guys to want to see a pic of a machine they just dropped $5k on. Plus, most reputable distros will give a full refund if requested, so it's no biggie if you change your mind after you see the pics.

#664 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The molded toys will not look as good, but I assume you can replace them. At least monger has a chest light.

I love seeing comments like these. Without even looking in your collection, I'm sure you have an Iron Man. These little passive aggressive stabs are so weak. You just have to try and pump you own shit up huh? Get over it. The re-run is happening.

#665 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I love seeing comments like these. Without even looking in your collection, I'm sure you have an Iron Man. These little passive aggressive stabs are so weak. You just have to try and pump you own shit up huh? Get over it. The re-run is happening.

How about this, I am curious how the new toys will look, as any rational person would be.

Will they be more like SM, or more like X-men?

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The molded toys will not look as good

How do you know this?

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

He should change his avatar pic to this

image-983.jpgimage-983.jpg

#668 9 years ago

I'm curious about this first "Vault Edition" release to see if purchasing one would be an upgrade, side-step or downgrade to the one I already have. That said, I'm not about to speculate... hence my desire to see pics "as they happen".

Surprise is nice, but as availability dwindles I can understand why those on the fence would want more info before they pull the trigger. It's not like we're buying Xbox games here.. these are major purchases. As far as "ruining the surprise before Christmas" goes, when does anything in the consumer world ever work like that? Cars, video games, movies, etc. You always get glimpses before final release. That's just how the world works. Seriously, when you're dropping this kinda dough do you really want surprises?

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It doesn't work out like that when the product sells out before pics are released. If you wanted one (for a reasonable price), you had to pull the trigger before pics. So it is reasonable for guys to want to see a pic of a machine they just dropped $5k on. Plus, most reputable distros will give a full refund if requested, so it's no biggie if you change your mind after you see the pics.

but look at the ratio to how many blew up in price, to the ones that dropped a lot. It's like 8 drops to 1 raise. Personally, it's not good odds. I'd rather pay a little more, but know what i'm getting, than shooting in the dark. But since this is a rerelease. for the most part you guys know what your getting, with some alterations, so it's a little different scenario this time around.

#670 9 years ago

I didn't understand the new decals until I talked to JJ. They sound awesome! I guess they are suppose to be similar to the mustang top model ( le or 50th anniversary?) decals?

#671 9 years ago

Weren't pictures suppose to come out today?

#672 9 years ago

Can't wait til My NIB Iron Man Vault arrives!!!!!

#673 9 years ago

I wouldn't buy anything sight unseen unless it was Iron Man related.

#674 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Weren't pictures suppose to come out today?

This. I can't wait to see this thing.

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

WTF are you talking about? Passive aggressive stabs? Get over yourself and speculation of others. A cast one-piece whiplash, monger, or war machine won't be as detailed as the original action figures. That's it. The monger will have a chest light though, so that's a plus. They will be stronger too, so plus there too. As far as pumping my shit? Yes, I have an IM but I don't care if they drop in value to $1000 as I'm keeping it. If I want to swap to the molded figures I will...if someone wants to swap to the more detailed action figures they will. Talk about crybaby. Get over yourself. And by the way, I advocated for the IM remake to happen so others could enjoy the best pin Stern has put out since SM. I didn't think it would happen, but I'm glad it did...even if it means presumptuous a-holes like you can buy one.

#676 9 years ago

^^^ Wow, someone hit a nerve.

This last page just screams "1st world problems" .

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

^^^ Wow, someone hit a nerve.
This last page just screams "1st world problems" .

That was the idea

Just proves my point. Thanks pimp

#678 9 years ago

just for the record. Most of the time action figures have crappy detail. Molded stuff could be much better. Look at the joker in BDK. that figure is terrible.

#679 9 years ago

Must. Have. Photos.

tumblr_mraoeqiQZI1r7miayo1_500.giftumblr_mraoeqiQZI1r7miayo1_500.gif

#680 9 years ago

Still no pics? I'll be touring Stern in an hour. If imve is on the line I'll have some pics soon.

#681 9 years ago

Come on treborlicec !

#682 9 years ago

Bring on the photos!!!

#683 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Which... before the mid-2000s... is what nearly EVERYONE did. Hobbyists didn't buy NIB because you were paying a huge premium for something unproven just so it was 'new'. Everyone would buy games after they did some time on route... or from the select few games that were sold to people with too much money and had HUO games in their man cave basements. Buying NIB became fashionable to get a 'pristine' game - not because it was going to appreciate in value. It wasn't until the flood of new money in the last 5-7 years that people started buying stuff to horde, or buying games thinking they were investments. (and started crying when they bought unproven games that still depreciated because they weren't hits)
The hobbyists cared about residual value of a game in the sense that the value of game enabled them to sell or trade for another game.

Yes but we also got a bit of HUO titles purchased from closeouts etc..,

#684 9 years ago

Iron Man video is on their facebook!

Can't see much.

#685 9 years ago

Can see the speaker panel at least. Anyone know if that is the latch style lockdown bar receiver?

#686 9 years ago

I'm not on Facebook. Can someone post a link or something?

#688 9 years ago

Not missing much, couldn't have shown less if they tried

#689 9 years ago

Thanks for the link.

#690 9 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Still no pics? I'll be touring Stern in an hour. If imve is on the line I'll have some pics soon.

I am going to a funeral in an hour. Could you text me if you get the pics?

Wow, that was REALLY crude...

#691 9 years ago

Just finished up. Jody took that vid on our tour. Lol.20140627_112534.jpg20140627_112534.jpg20140627_111814.jpg20140627_111814.jpg
none had the new translight in them so no photo of that. Have more but hate posting from my phone.

#692 9 years ago

More20140627_112826.jpg20140627_112826.jpg20140627_112924.jpg20140627_112924.jpg

#693 9 years ago

Looking good. Does the side art look metallic at all?

#694 9 years ago

Decals look sweet in person. Very good choice for iron man.

#695 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Looking good. Does the side art look metallic at all?

Yes

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Decals look sweet in person. Very good choice for Iron Man.

Thanks treborlicec, keeper coming

#697 9 years ago

Looks like the same SAM boards. I was wondering if they would make the switch to the new sam-2 boards, but apparently not yet. Its brightly lit, are those single bulbs(LED) or led boards?

#698 9 years ago

Man that red trim is going to look great with my just bought red powder coated armor....

#699 9 years ago

Wow so was IM the only thing on the line? Guess they will pump these out before the MMr

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like the same SAM boards. I was wondering if they would make the switch to the new sam-2 boards, but apparently not yet. Its brightly lit, are those single bulbs(LED) or led boards?

That switch will happen with a new game....that takes advantage of the new boards......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.