you-are-poor-500x349.jpg
sg2014070232057.gif
Yacht 2007 delivery 2.jpg
Yacht 2007 delivery.jpg
titanic.jpg
image-822.jpg
boat.jpg
alrighty.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 9 years ago

MELROSE PARK, IL – June 12, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, announced today it is opening the Stern Vault for re-release of Iron Man™ Pro. The Iron Man pinball machine features visuals, speech, music and sound effects from the Marvel blockbuster films Iron Man and Iron Man 2. After numerous requests from the pinball community, Stern is re-introducing this exceptional game.
Originally released in 2010, the Iron Man Pro model continues to bring the battle between billionaire industrialist, Tony Stark/Iron Man, and his enemies to the fingertips and flippers of pinball players. With non-stop action, Iron Man Pro Vault Edition heightens the excitement, bringing back a classic game for the players of any age and skill level.
Iron Man Pro Vault Edition features technological and manufacturing upgrades utilized by Stern in its current Pro models. Among the improvements is all LED playfield lighting. Iron Man is manufactured with Stern’s updated modern metal and wood back box with red t-molding and with a decaled cabinet and speaker housing. The Iron Monger, War Machine and Whiplash figures have been molded in one piece construction for improved strength.
“Operators tell us Iron Man is a great earning pinball game, and enthusiasts tell us it’s a great playing game. We didn’t make enough,” said Gary Stern, founder, CEO and chairman of Stern Pinball.
Look for future Stern Vault Editions.

#2 9 years ago

Sweet!! I may think about this, any info on price point yet?

#4 9 years ago

Just came to repost. Damn if this doesn't make my decision REALLY hard.

I was almost set on an AC/DC Premium, but an IM Pro with LEDs would save me some cash and be one of the pins I've always wanted.

Dammit.

#5 9 years ago

I wonder what the price will be for the Pro Vault Edition.

#6 9 years ago

Dang and I just bought a car

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder what the price will be for the Pro Vault Edition.

I thought this was only 1 version, at a MSRP of $5495.

#8 9 years ago

I think what they are saying is look for future vault editions of any title they choose: IM, SM, etc.

#9 9 years ago

MSRP is usually higher than sell price generally. I wonder if it will be $4500-ish

#11 9 years ago

I wonder what Teekee thinks about this re-make?

#12 9 years ago

Well the price of all previously owned Sterns is going to start falling now.

#13 9 years ago

Stern's marketing team is not stupid.

#14 9 years ago

wow.... If I didn't already have one, I'd buy one!

-Wes

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

They may not be stupid, but they do appear to be short-sighted. With remakes the customer cannot expect any game to become collectible or go up in price/value when the manufacturer will re-run older games whenever demand surfaces.

#16 9 years ago

LEDs and molded figures......very tempting.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They may not be stupid, but they do appear to be short-sighted. With remakes the customer cannot expect any game to become collectible or go up in price when the manufacturer will re-run older games whenever demand surfaces.

I hate to break it to you, but Stern is looking out for their own wallet - not yours. We want Stern to be successful, even if it means we're not going to make a 50% profit on our pins.

#18 9 years ago

Looks like no titles are safe from the threat of a remake now...

It shall be interesting to see how the current market of 6k+ IM's adjust.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They may not be stupid, but they do appear to be short-sighted. With remakes the customer cannot expect any game to become collectible or go up in price when the manufacturer will re-run older games whenever demand surfaces.

Unless they start remaking new LE models for games that already had LEs, anything is fair. They can't concern themselves with resale values, only what they can sell for.

#20 9 years ago

I never thought I would say this - Teekee has a point!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

With remakes the customer cannot expect any game to become collectible or go up in price when the manufacturer will re-run older games whenever demand surfaces.

I'll bet their more concerned about maximizing profit over the collectability of our collections. To me its a smart move considering the love and demand for this title today that initially was soft, so production was as well. Time to fill that gap.

#22 9 years ago

Don't see these very often. Played the PinballBulbs one at NW show - forgot how fun & fast the game is!

Like late 90's Williams games - ignored during their time, cult following grown = more demand.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

yep, they read what we're sayin here !!!

#25 9 years ago

hasty la vista Predator

Guess we can figure why Kevin wanted to lock in the pre-order money.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

I hate to break it to you, but Stern is looking out for their own wallet - not yours. We want Stern to be successful, even if it means we're not going to make a 50% profit on our pins.

I am actually happy about this. I am not concerned with price and think it is great that games will be less expensive as the market gets more and more flooded. I never intended to sell any of my games anyway.
I just wonder if the prices start to trend significantly lower on used games then will that cause collector sell-offs and very few NIB purchases for Stern and other manufacturers.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hasty la vista Predator

Shouldn't have taken an IM remake to get you to say that

#28 9 years ago

I wonder if they will re-work any code...... since 1.6 back in 2011.

#29 9 years ago

Ok, now that this is real where's my Tron Premium???

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from UncleStan:

I wonder if they will re-work any code...... since 1.6 back in 2011.

I would imagine they would have too just to get it working with the new board sets.

Hopefully while they're already at it they add a few tweaks to the code as well and release an overall IM update for all editions. That would definitely sit well with collectors to get a nice unexpected upgrade

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I wonder what Teekee thinks about this re-make?

Who cares what that tool thinks. With all the thumbs down that guy gets from saying anything, no one sides with him unless you're a 100% flipper.

#32 9 years ago

Stoked! Made my decision to wait for IM instead of ST pro pretty easy...

#33 9 years ago

I'm not in for IM no matter what, but if they are going to re-release it, why wouldn't they do a LE or premium? Seems it would distinguish it from the initial run, and since obviously people are hot for these, they could probably support adding something to them.

#34 9 years ago

Looking forward to (hopefully) a software update

#35 9 years ago

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpgShut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Stoked! Made my decision to wait for IM instead of ST pro pretty easy...

Stern is cannibalizing their own sales! LOL! Makes sense to re-run their best game since SM.

#37 9 years ago

Oh wow. Thank you Stern for tanking the market. My guess is SM, LOTR and others may follow. Vault editions with a steeper price of at least $500.00 more than normal pro editions.

I'm okay with remakes as long as Stern may revisit and improve code for all of us, but I think this is bad for the collectors and feel the LE market will die.

So how much did Iron Man just loose in value? $1k?

#38 9 years ago

Putting up on our site now.

Give me 5 min

JJ

#39 9 years ago

fair price point, no stupid le gimmick, upgraded lights and build quality. great job stern!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Hopefully while they're already at it they add a few tweaks to the code as well and release an overall IM update for all editions. That would definitely sit well with collectors to get a nice unexpected upgrade

I too would hope it would be an "all editions" update.

Also - funny you use the word "collectors" - by stern saying "Look for future Stern Vault Editions." - they have removed any "collection" value on their current vintage machines - they are just own-to-play machines now. Not that I ever view these machines as an investment - but it was nice to know in a financial shit storm that you had a few that could be easily sold for decent $ - especially such a short run like the original release - not really the case much any more.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am actually happy about this. I am not concerned with price and think it is great that games will be less expensive as the market gets more and more flooded. I never intended to sell any of my games anyway.
I just wonder if the prices start to trend significantly lower on used games then will that cause collector sell-offs and very few NIB purchases for Stern and other manufacturers.

Bingo. When collectors cannot sell their older titles to fund newer ones then Stern has effectively cut off future sales of new games.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Oh wow. Thank you Stern for tanking the market. My guess is SM, LOTR and others may follow. Vault editions with a steeper price of at least $500.00 more than normal pro editions.
I'm okay with remakes as long as Stern may revisit and improve code for all of us, but I think this is bad for the collectors and feel the LE market will die.
So how much did Iron Man just loose in value? $1k?

Who knows?

The originals may be more sought after - getting deja-vu

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

If they cared about their own wallet they would think long term. They would see that the collectibility of pins isn't just a good thing for them ... it's a great thing. But they're stifling (if not killing) the very thing that has caused a pinball revival ... collecting. I'm done buying NIB ... if that's good for Stern's wallet then good luck.

#44 9 years ago

Why should Stern let everyone make money on the resale of these machines? They see that the market can support prices of up to triple of what they originally sold a game for(TRON LE, AC/DC LE)

I'd say watch out for a Tron premium in the near future

#45 9 years ago

So as for other vault editions, the obvious choices are Tron, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, and Family Guy. Does Stern still have the licenses to make these happen?

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Oh wow. Thank you Stern for tanking the market.

Also thanks to JJP and PPS! Pinball prices are being driven down hard and fast! I do have my fingers crossed for a Spiderman PVE - that would be icing!

These three companies are going to make sure prices don't climb above NIB pricing in any case they can impact. The Stern LE remains the only LE model and probably the only one that will carry any potential to trade above NIB prices.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Zimmer:

So as for other vault editions, the obvious choices are Tron, Lord of the Rings, spiderman, and Family Guy. Does Stern still have the licenses to make these happen?

An updated POTC would be nice too. Maybe they will actually be able to use sounds and music from the movie now.

#48 9 years ago

The smart money cashed in in 2013.

#49 9 years ago

Wonder if the new IM Pro will be LED's or incandescent? Nevermind, read the release and looks like it's going to be factory LED's!

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ok, now that this is real where's my Tron Premium???

Never say never no sacred cows now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-re-releasing-im and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.