You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STUrban.jpg
eavsdropping.jpg
Fanboys.jpg
flame.jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

They picked the best actor for the job too in my opinion, as his voice has more "presence" than anyone else they could have picked (if you have to limit it to one actor due to cost). Bones FTW.

I agree, though I wonder if Urban did this for free? We will never know for sure but since he's a pinhead It could be possible. Plus this deal appears to have happened after the pros have shipped. I don't see Stern throwing in more money into a game once it's finished.

What ever the case may be we have to give Stern credit for following through with this. Gary could have easily said no, even if it was for free.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

3 months of owning the game and I just realize this now! My life is a lie.
At least there aren't more from Sam. Every time I hear him, I yell at the machine and insult him.

I am sure he is crushed coming from a "superfan" who can't tell the difference between Gandalf and Gimli

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

i would have lost a lot of money betting it was gandalf..

Whaaaa?

I can now see how people think Fake Optimus in TF is the real deal....

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes.
And let's give some credit here to the fact that Urban is doing some custom voice work for Star Trek. That's pretty cool. They picked the best actor for the job too in my opinion, as his voice has more "presence" than anyone else they could have picked (if you have to limit it to one actor due to cost). Bones FTW.
I'm interested in The Hobbit when it comes out, but from what I understand, it won't have *any* custom voice work.

Bones is the most sarcastic, and I agree that it will prob be the best. I did think that scotty (Simon Pegg) would have been as good too. He has a lot of humor in his lines in both movies even though the second movie is more limited. In more stages of the movies climax they cut to pegg for one liners so it would be only natural as the pin goes through modes to get those quotes or new ones.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Sterns change of tone on FB is noticeable they are talking about code now. It seemed like in the past they did not even know they had code in the game, and it was offensive to ask. However, I have also seen this in the past its friendly stern and then one day the ban starts again. The conspiracy theory in me wants to believe that sales for Start Trek were lack luster and one of the distributors finally said something and a new stern is born. However, it might be just a case of they have a plan for once and can share it.

Or Steve, true to his word, is not going to allow one of his finest games to get the normal treatment from Stern. Prob a combination of both listening to groups venting their frustration, and that. The home market saved pinball from going under and with the new interest the last years they had better evolve. I've never been a code basher and I owned a xmen LE when it first came out. The code update was good but in the end I traded it because I didn't like the gameplay. That was the codes fault? Maybe. But if you keep making games that people stop liking or get bored quickly you will affect current AND future sales. My two cents.

#56 10 years ago

Are we strictly referring to the custom speech pack video? If not then what am I missing? No trolling I just see they've been giving away more playfields but that's about it. I have not been paying too much attention since the pinball league has been going on for almost 3 months. Now that's it's almost over I want just a little nugget for Metallica. Star trek just came out. Like I said I might have missed much but has there been any info that I missed regarding updates and PR?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-listening-to-us/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.