You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STUrban.jpg
eavsdropping.jpg
Fanboys.jpg
flame.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Putting out more info/videos and now hired actors for custom call-outs!
There is a lot of bad blood here but I don't think you can deny this is a step in the correct direction.

Flame on Dweebs

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

There is a lot of bad blood here but I don't think you can deny this is a step in the correct direction.
Flame on Dweebs

Fanboys.jpgFanboys.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Fanboys.jpg 18 KB

Act like you won't play it the first chance you see one.

#5 10 years ago

Flame on Dweebs

I been called lots of things (some of them were even true) but never a dweeb.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I been called lots of things (some of them were even true) but never a dweeb.

Fixed

#7 10 years ago

so because they did a video (very late) and a custom power pack, they are listening to us?

it sounds like a compensation for something else...

how's the laser beam super dots coming?

#8 10 years ago

My fault Maddog14 this video definitely should have been save for Beatmaster

To quote the great Bowen Kerins in his ST tutorial.
"Come on friggen nerd"

#9 10 years ago

They can hire improv actors at Second City like Williams did with Medieval Madness. I know of a lot of talented people are currently there. I think the call outs lately have been stale.

#10 10 years ago

The two most important factors on a pin, minus theme, are Lights and Sounds!!! Without Gimlis Super Jackpot call outs on LOTR that game is not the same. In my eyes there isn't a better announcement.

#11 10 years ago

Stern is not listening to 'us' but the market is dictating that they need to go up a gear.

#12 10 years ago

The two most important factors on a pin, minus theme, are Lights and Sounds!!! Without Gandolfs Super Jackpot call outs on LOTR that game is not the same. In my eyes there isn't a better announcement.

Gimli?

#13 10 years ago

Lol...they are listening to their bottom line getting crushed but a couple other manufactures.

They couldn't give a crap about their customers...obviously they are in panic mode

#14 10 years ago

OOOOOHHHHH, toasty!

#15 10 years ago

How is this Stern "listening to us"?!?!

Star Trek code was never included in what we're all upset about AT ALL. ST has been getting good code support so far, really good. Please do not confuse this with "Stern listening to us".

Until XM, TAV and MET codes get sufficient code updates, and all future games get the same good code treatment ST is getting, they haven't "listened" to us.

Things are progressing though, XM is being worked on and supposedly so is MET. But until they release the good code updates for them, I don't wash the, of all their "sins" just because they traded out a ST machine to Karl to do custom voice callouts.

#16 10 years ago

+1. I am not aware of a Gimili super jackpot callout. If there is, I'd like to know more about it.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

+1. I am not aware of a Gimili super jackpot callout. If there is, I'd like to know more about it.

Suuuuperrr Jackpot, waaahhhhaaaahhaaa. Its epic.

#18 10 years ago

Yep. "Super Jackpot Oh ho ho ho" callout from Gimli.

#19 10 years ago

I am not aware of a Gimili super jackpot callout. If there is, I'd like to know more about it.

Gimli has one, Gandalf does not (since no additional quotes were recorded by Ian McKellen for the game, and pretty sure at no point in the movie did he say 'super jackpot').

As far as Gimli during one or more of the movie multiballs (pretty sure it happens in two towers, since that is the one most often completed by me), when you complete the mode and still have multiball running, and you hit the super jackpots at that point you hear him.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I am pretty sure that is Gandalf. When you hit the two towers multiball jackpot.

Quoted from rosh:

since no additional quotes were recorded by Ian McKellen for the game

I am pretty sure he recorded plenty of quotes for the game. Such as Jackpot 1, Jackpot 2, etc. Those aren't Gimili are they?!

#21 10 years ago

The two most important factors on a pin, minus theme, are Lights and Sounds!!! Without Gimlis Super Jackpot call outs on LOTR that game is not the same. In my eyes there isn't a better announcement.

lolll, second most important thing is the rules/code!

#22 10 years ago

It is definitely a Gimli super jackpot, not Gandalf.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

lolll, second most important thing is the rules/code!

Code includes light coding bonehead.

#24 10 years ago

Code includes light coding bonehead.

really, lmao, your a joke!

#25 10 years ago

Stern is Listening to us!

Eavesdropping on us with surveillance equipment are they? Better watch what you say and post!
eavsdropping.jpgeavsdropping.jpg

#26 10 years ago

I am pretty sure he recorded plenty of quotes for the game. Such as Jackpot 1, Jackpot 2, etc. Those aren't Gimili are they?!

I believe only John Rhys-Davies (gimli) and Elija Woods (Frodo), recorded callouts for the game. So anytime you hear counting down or jackpots calls it is one of those two. There is no 'jackpot' quote or any other new quote from Gandalf, all of his quotes, as is the case with everyone but the two mentioned, are directly from the movie.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I believe only John Rhys-Davies (gimli) and Elija Woods (Frodo), recorded callouts for the game. So anytime you hear counting down or jackpots calls it is one of those two. There is no 'jackpot' quote or any other new quote from Gandalf, all of his quotes, as is the case with everyone but the two mentioned, are directly from the movie

3 months of owning the game and I just realize this now! My life is a lie.
At least there aren't more from Sam. Every time I hear him, I yell at the machine and insult him.

#28 10 years ago

I'd prefer less listening and more doing...

But that's just me.

Robert

#29 10 years ago

i would have lost a lot of money betting it was gandalf..

#30 10 years ago

We'll I may get flamed here for not following the trend and bashing but here goes.

It does appear that some at Stern are reading what fans say and do care and end up fighting to add more to games and to finish code. I know there is definite room for improvement. However, I am very appreciative to those at Stern that hear what is being said by their fans and actually try and make improvements. I'm hopeful that improving how quickly games are finished/polished code wise will be a result of some at Stern listening and caring what their fans want most.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So I had owned LOTR for a while, and I was starting to get better at it. I was in TTT Multiball, and I was having a killer game. Jackpot after Jackpot, and calls I had not heard before. "Look for me at first light on the fifth day..." by Gandolf from the movie. And it was fun... And then I hit my first Super Jackpot of the game. The callout by Gimli made me laugh like a maniac! It was so well done, and the laughing he did after, the excitement. Not expecting it and hearing it for the first time really made it my favorite callout in all of pinball.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

We'll I may get flamed here for not following the trend and bashing but here goes.
It does appear that some at Stern are reading what fans say and do care and end up fighting to add more to games and to finish code. I know there is definite room for improvement. However, I am very appreciative to those at Stern that hear what is being said by their fans and actually try and make improvements. I'm hopeful that improving how quickly games are finished/polished code wise will be a result of some at Stern listening and caring what their fans want most.

I agree completely.

But don't be timid and suck up to these bozo's who criticize every thread that pops up. Be less Dude and more Walter

#33 10 years ago

I agree completely.
But don't be timid and suck up to these bozo's who criticize every thread that pops up. Be less Dude and more Walter

Nah that doesn't work well being a moderator at all. I need to be very Dude.

#34 10 years ago

Nah that doesn't work well being a moderator at all. I need to be very Dude.

hahahaha

Made me think of this

#35 10 years ago

Is the majority of Stern's market posting on Pinside?

#36 10 years ago

You mean by Derek

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You mean by Derek

Meaning are the majority of pins that Stern sells bought by pinside members?

#38 10 years ago

We are a small portion

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Meaning are the majority of pins that Stern sells bought by pinside members

Not even close. There are how many pinsiders maybe 800-1000? Many do not know about pinside, and some do not partake. If I had to guess I would account for maybe 5-10% of sales are pinsiders?

#40 10 years ago

Sterns change of tone on FB is noticeable they are talking about code now. It seemed like in the past they did not even know they had code in the game, and it was offensive to ask. However, I have also seen this in the past its friendly stern and then one day the ban starts again. The conspiracy theory in me wants to believe that sales for Start Trek were lack luster and one of the distributors finally said something and a new stern is born. However, it might be just a case of they have a plan for once and can share it.

#41 10 years ago

Good, well listen to this Stern.

GET FARKED!

#42 10 years ago

Yes.

And let's give some credit here to the fact that Urban is doing some custom voice work for Star Trek. That's pretty cool. They picked the best actor for the job too in my opinion, as his voice has more "presence" than anyone else they could have picked (if you have to limit it to one actor due to cost). Bones FTW.

I'm interested in The Hobbit when it comes out, but from what I understand, it won't have *any* custom voice work.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I had to guess I would account for maybe 5-10% of sales are pinsiders?

be cool if we could click on a machine name, and see a count of how many pinside members currently own the game, have owned it in the past and how many have it on their wishlist. Maybe this is possible, I've not come across it. While anecdotal it would be interesting to see it, especially around 'should game X be re-made',

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm interested in The Hobbit when it comes out, but from what I understand, it won't have *any* custom voice work.

#45 10 years ago

I hope these rumors are correct. However I will not believe it until I actually see it happen. It does make sense that they should have seen a drop in sales. Whether they blame it on money going to other games or their own poor decisions on the product itself remains to be seen. I'd bet they blame it on competition without admitting they allowed it to happen by pissing off their own customers in the first place.

#46 10 years ago

Flame on Dweebs

Suck it nerds!

#47 10 years ago

Oh yeah, the code room is humming now!

STUrban.jpgSTUrban.jpg

#48 10 years ago

The way I read it is that stern just got lucky with urban being a pinhead and this while very cool doesn't prove that stern is upping their game.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

The way I read it is that stern just got lucky with urban being a pinhead and this while very cool doesn't prove that stern is upping their game.

This doesn't sound jaded in the slightest...

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

be cool if we could click on a machine name, and see a count of how many pinside members currently own the game, have owned it in the past and how many have it on their wishlist. Maybe this is possible, I've not come across it. While anecdotal it would be interesting to see it, especially around 'should game X be re-made',

This is possible. Once you click on a game title, it will take you to the specific dashboard and if you scroll down to the map, you can see who owns it and who has it on their wishlist.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-is-listening-to-us and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.